• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Should you test 1rm for hypertrophy

I dont think I have tested my 1RM in 4 years, seriously. I rarely go to true failure. I do however do true failure with down the rack drop sets {curls} or burnouts {like v-ups w static holds, planks, cables, etc}. I go until i literally fail physically{pain!}. I do train for aesthetics so; it is my preference pertaining
To a specific goal. If I was a powerlifter; my view is much different. IMO/and for me only.

Max

I dont think I have tested my 1RM in 4 years, seriously. I rarely go to true failure. I do however do true failure with down the rack drop sets {curls} or burnouts {like v-ups w static holds, planks, cables, etc}. I go until i literally fail physically{pain!}. I do train for aesthetics so; it is my preference pertaining
To a specific goal. If I was a powerlifter; my view is much different. IMO/and for me only.

Max

But don't even powerlifters rarely even do a 1RM? I always see them them maxing out for 5-8 reps too...

But don't even powerlifters rarely even do a 1RM? I always see them them maxing out for 5-8 reps too...

They have so many techniques leading up to an event. You are correct. Their 1RM is usually found out at the competition.

Max

Never for me... I’m more interested in what I can get for 4-6 rep range always.

Max
Well we all know im guilty of maxes but i admit that i know its wrong to max that much and after just 4 weeks(i think) of no max lifts i feel way better and even stronger. Im still doing a lot of 0 RIR tho especially on shoulder and bench press

UNCLE Z REP
WWW.UNCLEZ.RU FOR LIST/ORDERING

ORDERS@UNCLEZ.RU FOR ORDER QUESTIONS

PM FOR ALL OTHER HELP

Well we all know im guilty of maxes but i admit that i know its wrong to max that much and after just 4 weeks(i think) of no max lifts i feel way better and even stronger. Im still doing a lot of 0 RIR tho especially on shoulder and bench press

UNCLE Z REP

PM FOR ALL OTHER HELP

Nothing worse than a messed up shoulder or blown out back! . We all lift extraordinary amounts of weight overall; we just have to lift smart. Hard when Tren Base/suspension is running your brain! Lol

Max

IML Gear Cream!
Nothing worse than a messed up shoulder or blown out back! . We all lift extraordinary amounts of weight overall; we just have to lift smart. Hard when Tren Base/suspension is running your brain! Lol

Max
Yup

UNCLE Z REP

PM FOR ALL OTHER HELP

Although I respect the strongmen lifters I haven’t done a real 1rm since I was about 19, maybe 20... imo, it’s a total waste of my time and a great way to injure myself. If I can't push it at least 6-8 times I don't mess with it

Although I respect the strongmen lifters I haven’t done a real 1rm since I was about 19, maybe 20... imo, it’s a total waste of my time and a great way to injure myself. If I can't push it at least 6-8 times I don't mess with it
If u bodybuilding there's really no good reason to

UNCLE Z REP

PM FOR ALL OTHER HELP

Back