• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

This world is headed South quick. Who carries a firearm and what type pistol?

ldog

Pain is Pleasure
Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I'm curious as to who has a permit to carry and what type of weapon do you carry?

As for me, I carry the gun below with a crimson laser mounted.

This is a .45 P320 ACP

Last edited:
S&W 9mm and a .38 airweight. Looking to get an AR pistol soon as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M&P shield 40 if concealed or a sig 226 40 if i open carry. Most of my work is on military bases so it is not very often that i carry during the week

Someone has had a bad day if they try to f**k with my family. I also have a 9mm on me most of the time
These fools know better than try to start shit in WV. We would welcome some target practice
12309-DEFAULT-l.jpg

Last edited:
G19 or s&w 629 daily. Scorpion folder in the truck. Next purchase is the cz75 to sub in edc. Permit is not required to carry here in my part of the map.

CC - M&P 40 Shield or M&P 40 full size, depending what I'm wearing.

Truck Gun - Kel Tec Sub2k 40

IML Gear Cream!
Here in The People's Republic of Commiefornia, it's f'ng impossible to obtain a CCW permit, even though it's supposed to be a may issue state. I carry a Glock 26 w/15 round extended mag.
10740d0a62d2083a1a8b648fc7108acd.jpg

I Didn't Choose the Swolle Life, The Swolle Life Chose Me

I scratched the numbers but within my grasps I have a few.

God is my law, not a bunch of fat legislators.

and God agrees .... me and mine shall exist.

Time to pick your guys brains. I've decided it's time to go and get my pistol permit shortly. The only pistol I've ever have shot was a 357 magnum many moons ago.. In your opinion what would be a good starter pistol to get the basics down and learn to target shot with. A cc one would come much later on after. Also which safety locks and safes do you guys recommend. Thanks in advance for any help.

Time to pick your guys brains. I've decided it's time to go and get my pistol permit shortly. The only pistol I've ever have shot was a 357 magnum many moons ago.. In your opinion what would be a good starter pistol to get the basics down and learn to target shot with. A cc one would come much later on after. Also which safety locks and safes do you guys recommend. Thanks in advance for any help.

It’s going to come down to personal preference man. Two ways to determine that, you got buddies with guns and you go out shooting or you go to a gun range and try some out. Once you find out your flavor of choice, train with it. You’ll get all sorts of good starter suggestions, sig or glock. It what fits you but you want reliable. The p365 and g19 would be good carry options, I’ve read a lot of good about the hellcat as well lately. I know my g19 has been through it and eats anything I feed it.

iu

images

These are my always in my truck or on me choices with a varied assortment of hunting rifles on the gunrack at any given time.

Good luck

Open carry and CCL

Spas 12 and colt 1911 rail

That Spas 12 is a fantastic weapon. The Colt 1911 is also top notch. I don't have a CCW yet, but plan on obtaining soon.

I used to have a few sidearm and sold them. Only one I currently have is a 1955-60 Smith & Wesson snub nose 38 Chiefs Special, that was my Grandfather's.

That should do for any home invasion scenarios.

I never carried as I can handle myself and probably a few others. However, now it's getting to where groups jump you with guns, bat's, knives, etc. Yea, everyone needs a CCW.

M&P 9C is my EDC and M&P 9 Pro is my favorite ... have a few glocks as well, but S&Ws have a better fit for my hands

That's a great state my brother.

G19 or s&w 629 daily. Scorpion folder in the truck. Next purchase is the cz75 to sub in edc. Permit is not required to carry here in my part of the map.

Get Shredded!
Start with a 9mm and get the fill of using a handgun. Grab yourself some target rounds(typically come in 50 round packages) and find a good indoor range. Some ranges offer basic training and it might be good to take an hour class on the basics. As with anything, practice makes perfect. When your ready, go buy some hollow points and an extra mag. 1 mag is for playing around and 1 mag is loaded with hollow points for business purposes. Do you have a family with young kids?

PS...Be careful...you may fall in love with guns..kinda like Tattoos:)

Last edited:
Start with a 9mm and get the fill of using a handgun. Grab yourself some target rounds(typically come in 50 round packages) and find a good indoor range. Some ranges offer basic training and it might be good to take an hour class on the basics. As with anything, practice makes perfect. When your ready, go buy some hollow points and an extra mag. 1 mag is for playing around and 1 mag is loaded with hollow points for business purposes. Do you have a family with young kids?

PS...Be careful...you may fall in love with guns..kinda like Tattoos:)

Thanks for the advice. In my area there are no indoor ranges.. I would have to travel 4 hours to the closet one. I talked to my brother yesterday. I told him we were gonna set up a range on his backwoods place. He's down as he has several rifles and shotguns. He's going to show me everything I need. I'm the black sheep that doesn't have guns in my family. Until soon that is. It's going to take awhile for my permit to get processed. In the meantime I've decided for home defense and fun target shooting I'm going to get a Extar EP 9. It's a PCC which takes Glock mags.. so when I get my permit I'm going to buy a Glock 19 most likely. I'm gonna stockpile lots of 9mm rounds and mags. My kids are grown up. 20 and 16. So no little ones around.
Oh btw I never got tattoo fever. I currently only have 1 which was done 14 years ago.

Last edited:
Sig P365 or a Colt Mustang 380 in my pocket when it's super hot like it is now. Been having great luck with Vedder holsters as well. The light tuck is my favorite and super comfy. Have many others but these two get the most use from me.

EJD, I would recommend a full size 9mm for your first. A glock would be a fine choice but there are plenty of other great guns out there. The Canik 9mm is probably the best budget gun out there and I can't recommend them enough. Learning with a full size will reinforce the basics better than starting with a sub compact that you can carry everywhere.

Sloppyj which model Canik The TP9SF?

Thanks for the advice. In my area there are no indoor ranges.. I would have to travel 4 hours to the closet one. I talked to my brother yesterday. I told him we were gonna set up a range on his backwoods place. He's down as he has several rifles and shotguns. He's going to show me everything I need. I'm the black sheep that doesn't have guns in my family. Until soon that is. It's going to take awhile for my permit to get processed. In the meantime I've decided for home defense and fun target shooting I'm going to get a Extar EP 9. It's a PCC which takes Glock mags.. so when I get my permit I'm going to buy a Glock 19 most likely. I'm gonna stockpile lots of 9mm rounds and mags. My kids are grown up. 20 and 16. So no little ones around.
Oh btw I never got tattoo fever. I currently only have 1 which was done 14 years ago.

You might want to check out the CAA MCK. It is a chassis that a glock 19 slips into. That way you can have a PCC and CCW in one package

Still waiting to take my ccw class here in cali but with this whole pandemic got put on hold luckily i live in a rural area where they do issue carry permits pretty easily. Got my xd40 with 3 10rd mags and one has some snake shot cuz thos mfers are nothing to fuck with.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Glock 19 on me, 1911 w/ 5 mags in the truck, plus 10.5 inch SBR AR15 in the truck, bedside shotgun.... I could go on but you get the picture

Glock 19 on me, 1911 w/ 5 mags in the truck, plus 10.5 inch SBR AR15 in the truck, bedside shotgun.... I could go on but you get the picture

Heck yea! Merica!

I always have several close by, A buddy ask me one day while fishing if I was carrying... I looked at him and said I got my pants on don’t I. Funny moment, he never ask again.

Back