• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

This world is headed South quick. Who carries a firearm and what type pistol?

Get Shredded!
I have 30+ guns but my daily carry is a Sig P229 Scorpion Elite .40 with Underwood 165g Speer tips. I carry McGar extended mags 14+1 & 2 x 14 on the side.

Attachments

• p229 scorpion.jpg
    p229 scorpion.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 95
very nice....I can respect that weapon.

I have 30+ guns but my daily carry is a Sig P229 Scorpion Elite .40 with Underwood 165g Speer tips. I carry McGar extended mags 14+1 & 2 x 14 on the side.

- - - Updated - - -

we are our own worst enemy.

All this hardware look awesome my friends, but only god can save us at this moment. You live by the sword, you will die by the sword.

This ones for you LD. Saturday’s are for the boys
c8cf7f6c7c821f1a1d0b0de2688eaa30.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Time to pick your guys brains. I've decided it's time to go and get my pistol permit shortly. The only pistol I've ever have shot was a 357 magnum many moons ago.. In your opinion what would be a good starter pistol to get the basics down and learn to target shot with. A cc one would come much later on after. Also which safety locks and safes do you guys recommend. Thanks in advance for any help.
For beginners I like the glock 43 9mm for concealed carry with a kydex holster. You draw the gun & squeeze the trigger no need to be thinking about manipulating a safety. Glock is a simple reliable firearm. Buy ammo like Idog said & shoot. Don't spend money on enhancing the gun or adding to it save your money for ammo. Then later you can find a good instructor there's plenty if them out there. That's my 2 cents.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Everyone has mentioned sig p365 which is a great single stack 9mm. Glock 19 full size and 26 subcompact 9mms are double stack which means more ammo at a cost of being a little thicker and heavier then the sig p365. These are 2 of the most reliable guns on the market. Just do a simple Google search for best ccw and these two will make the list everytime. I owned a glock .23 compact .40 and of the 1000's of rds I put through it, it always fire. I trust my gun with my life and my familys life knowing it will fire everytime.

Last edited:
I appreciate everyone's insight and help. On the subject of ammo. Where does everyone buy their ammo from. Do you guys buy in bulk from ammo.com or ammo depot I think I was on yesterday. For 9mm target rounds which grain and case do you prefer. Like 115 brass, also when the term 9mm Luger is used does that mean it's a full metal jacket? Sorry if it's a dumb question.

I have my LTC, carry this SW shield daily. Going to gun show this weekend here in Dallas actually to buy some AR goodies. Building another one :)

Love the shield and I want to build my own AR... doesn’t seem too tough

Love the shield and I want to build my own AR... doesn’t seem too tough

Handful of small tools and building ARs becomes like having a jeep. But for big boys

IML Gear Cream!
Unfortunately I was a bad boy when when younger... Can't get a concealed weapons permit. But.. I do have 2 Mosin-Nagant rifles. One sniper and one standard issue with a bayonet both in perfect working order. They shoot 7.62 rounds. Four .22 rifles. One for each member of the family. Also a 12 gauge. My bro inlaw is in law enforcement and taught my kids and wife how to shoot.. I think we have things covered. My wife can get a concealed permit. Never really had a need until now..

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

I appreciate everyone's insight and help. On the subject of ammo. Where does everyone buy their ammo from. Do you guys buy in bulk from ammo.com or ammo depot I think I was on yesterday. For 9mm target rounds which grain and case do you prefer. Like 115 brass, also when the term 9mm Luger is used does that mean it's a full metal jacket? Sorry if it's a dumb question.

Luckygunner ... but prices are a bit higher now with all the uncertainty and folks stocking up. I run cheap tula (steel cased) for practicing and like federal hydra shok in my carry guns. Be sure to run plenty of it to be sure your gun likes it. If you ever need it, the last thing you want is to be relying on unproven rounds.

This thread hit 1k views quickly. I upped the ante last week and bought 2 sets of Spartan Armor Systems body armor. Only thing I’ll add is spall sacks. I looked at it like carrying a gun. I’d rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it. Now the wait begins.

Handful of small tools and building ARs becomes like having a jeep. But for big boys

Roger that... found this site I might try

Aeroprecisionusa.com

Sig P220 Carry Elite SA Only

Full of 45 ACP Plus P Plus Corbon Hollow Points

Attachments

• 20200420_163848.jpg
    20200420_163848.jpg
    937.4 KB · Views: 45
I have taught her well, she shoots a rifle better than a lot of guys I know

Same w/ my wife, much better shot than most people I know. Cool under pressure...

I carry Glocks: I have 2 31's and 2 32's (357 Sig). Glocks are boring to some but I took the time to learn and understand the safety mechanisms and got comfortable that it's impossible to have an accidental discharge (which would be bad as I carry in the appendix position). I'm sure other guns/brands are similar on safety, but I never studied their mechanisms so I stick with what I know.

Scariest part of the world today is that if you defend yourself you're treated like a criminal.

Regarding that video, the DA dismissed the charge (aggravated battery) relating to the shooting. He added charges for slamming a woman on the ground up by the statute and supposedly for assaults on two additional women that I have not been able to see on the videos.

Anyway, the point is that he is not being charged for self defense. It looks like the DA concluded the shooting was justified.

Back