Military Urinalysis...??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Rep Points

Last I was in the military, about 8 yrs ago, was in 8 yrs as well and "on" for most of the time.. the random drug tests didn't catch anything as far as I knew. Several officers and a few higher enlisted knew as well.. if they wanted to test u, I guess they could.

Maybe if ur Ronnie Coleman status, theyd prob be suspicious

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    208 Posts
    Rep Points

Just to put most of this to bed, I read into the regs.

No, the standard military UA does not test for PEDs, it is far to expensive. The standard drug test panel costs roughly $7 per specimen. Testing for PEDs is something like $200-$400 per specimen. Here is a sample brief required to be given prior to any UA:

"Every specimen collected will be tested for Marijuana (THC), Cocaine, Amphetamines (which includes methamphetamines, MDMA (ecstasy), MDA, and MDEA), heroin, and from one to four other drugs. The additional drug(s) will be chosen on a rotational basis from a group that includes Opiates (which includes morphine and codeine), PCP, Oxycodone/Oxymorphone (known commonly as OxyContin), and Hydrocodone/Hydromorphone."

Yes, it can be requested by the Commander to test for PEDs if there is probable cause. However, probable cause cannot just be "because he looks like he is on steriods." That would single people out. There has to be a solid justification that would hold up legally.

The metabolites of steroids can be tested for in urine but it has to be shipped to specific testing facilities with the capability with written approval prior to the testing by the Commander.

Hope that helps clarify. In the past decade, very few service members have tested positive for PEDs due to minimal testing even though we know plenty do use them. Most who were caught, did something stupid to put themselves in the spotlight to get tested.

Just tell anybody that might get suspicious you eat like a beast and lift big, take creatine, PWO, and protein shakes. That's half the game anyways....lol

Hell, don't we want a bunch of jacked, high Testerone service members ready to fuck up the enemy anyways? I don't know about you but I take the little edge and advantage when it's war time.
    "Courage is fear holding on a minute longer." - General Patton