Debating TRT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24

Thread: Debating TRT

  1. #1
    Junior Member


    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    12

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Rep Points
    50100

    Debating TRT

    Debating on starting trt on my own, or waiting even longer to find a better doc more suited, or maybe o just shouldnít at all worry about it. Iíve done 3 blood tests for my PC doctor, and all have come back in the upper 300s. He has been procrastinating it since last fall when I originally asked him to test due to symptoms. Now he wants me to do a 4th blood test to see ďwhere itís atĒ and ďgo from there.Ē Which Knowing my levels are guna be roughly the same, Iím thinking maybe he just doesnít want to go about it. And even if i do convince him to give it a try, that itís going to be a half-assed protocol anyway.

    So I went and got my own blood done, with some of the basics..

    Test- 13.9 nmol/L
    SHBG- 34 nmol/L
    Prolactin- 190miu/L
    Estradiol- 95 pmol/L
    FAI- 40.9
    Age- 30

    Just looking for some good honest feedback. I would rather be on with a doctor, but I feel like crap day in and day out, my job is physically demanding and iv already been dealing with this over the course of almost a year now. Now my question is if I were to start on my own and in the meantime still look for a better doc and explain situation to start/ continue trt, would me doing it on my own beforehand jeopardize that. Or based on my bloods would you consider it at all or what. Thanks for any info.

  2. #2
    Senior Member

    SiliconeSack's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    111

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    8
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    39
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    Rep Points
    3157701

    In my opinion you PC should send you to a specialist. If your looking to stay with a doctor try a hormone replacement clinic. Depending on your insurance it may or may not cover it. If it doesn't cost will be high at first. If you wanted once the doc gets you to a healthy level you can by your meds else where.

    Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Senior Member

    Multislacking's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    7,561

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    7,197
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5,351
    Thanked in
    3,039 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Primary care doctors usually don't play nicely when it comes to trt. Urologist would be a better bet. And preferably one who isn't old as dirt. Having said that, I got sick and tired of the trt game and eventually just started doing it on my own.

    You're pretty young for levels that low. Have you cycled previously?

  4. #4
    Senior Member

    Frankdoz's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    979

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    432
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    359
    Thanked in
    288 Posts
    Rep Points
    12140745

    Go online plenty of few for trt


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Senior Member

    beast405's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    103

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    28
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    29
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Rep Points
    290100

    My primary care had no problem putting me on trt after seeing my test levels so low


    Quote Originally Posted by Multislacking View Post
    Primary care doctors usually don't play nicely when it comes to trt. Urologist would be a better bet. And preferably one who isn't old as dirt. Having said that, I got sick and tired of the trt game and eventually just started doing it on my own.

    You're pretty young for levels that low. Have you cycled previously?

  6. #6
    Senior Member

    ArgonCoagulator's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,957

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    866
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    963
    Thanked in
    753 Posts
    Rep Points
    457100815

    I sense you are in the UK or AU and I'm not sure how they do things there but in the US the specialist doctors require a referral from your primary care doc. A better bet would be to find a TRT doc or a Sports Doctor. Or, you could just pin some test for now to start feeling better while you wait. I would do 1ml for the first pin, then 1/2ml twice a week after that, then see where your levels are at after 4 weeks.

  7. #7
    Junior Member


    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    12

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Rep Points
    50100

    Thatís exactly what I was thinking, I was curious if that would be an issue going into a doc after already starting on my own?

  8. #8
    Junior Member


    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    12

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Rep Points
    50100

    Quote Originally Posted by Multislacking View Post
    Primary care doctors usually don't play nicely when it comes to trt. Urologist would be a better bet. And preferably one who isn't old as dirt. Having said that, I got sick and tired of the trt game and eventually just started doing it on my own.

    You're pretty young for levels that low. Have you cycled previously?

    I really think itís because technically Iím in the ďnormal range,Ē that he skeptical to prescribe, or maybe my age being on the younger side.

    And Yes, when I was like 23 a buddy asked if I wanted sum test.. which he gave me prop and deca lol, had no idea what I was gettin into at the time, I looked up dosing and gave it a whirl, No pct or nothing. I feel like that might of messed things up a little for me, but I was alright afterwards, Until a few yrs ago noticed How shitty I felt Everyday and I just kind of just adapted to feeling shitty. Live and learn I suppose

  9. #9
    Senior Member

    Multislacking's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    7,561

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    7,197
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5,351
    Thanked in
    3,039 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Camo_Toe View Post
    I really think itís because technically Iím in the ďnormal range,Ē that he skeptical to prescribe, or maybe my age being on the younger side.

    And Yes, when I was like 23 a buddy asked if I wanted sum test.. which he gave me prop and deca lol, had no idea what I was gettin into at the time, I looked up dosing and gave it a whirl, No pct or nothing. I feel like that might of messed things up a little for me, but I was alright afterwards, Until a few yrs ago noticed How shitty I felt Everyday and I just kind of just adapted to feeling shitty. Live and learn I suppose
    I would think you would have recovered from a bad cycle 7 yrs later, but everyone is different. As far as being in the "normal" range, the problem is it is a huge scale and guys feel like crap when it is at the low end of the range. Most guys I know who go to a primary care doc for this reason, get very little support from the doc. I've literally seen one guy prescribed 100mg once a month! I tried explaining half lives to him and getting him to go back to doc. He did and doc was still uncomfortable doing anything else for him. This is a story I hear again and again. And most guys end up at trt clinic and paying a fat monthly fee to them. Playing the trt game is tricky and you have to keep "doctor shopping" until you find one who is onboard with what you want. If they aren't willing to get you into the 800-1000 range, keep looking.

  10. #10
    Senior Member

    BallsMahoney's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Merrica!
    Posts
    412

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    103
    Thanked in
    59 Posts
    Rep Points
    2021287507

    It took me forever to finally get a legit script for Test. Finally got on 200mg/wk, but its significantly cheaper to buy from here and monitor your own protocol. For example, at my pharmacy its 20 bucks for a month supply of 200mg cyp (1 shot a week, total 4 injections). I could get 10 for 30 bucks here on the boards. I wouldn't use a trt clinic either, they're absurdly pricey.

    I think your doctor is a jackwagon and really behind the times. As stated above, the "normal range" is humungous and you can still be in normal range but feel like shit. Afterall they never tested your levels when you were feeling fine, aka they have no baseline.

  11. #11
    Junior Member


    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    12

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Rep Points
    50100

    Quote Originally Posted by BallsMahoney View Post
    It took me forever to finally get a legit script for Test. Finally got on 200mg/wk, but its significantly cheaper to buy from here and monitor your own protocol. For example, at my pharmacy its 20 bucks for a month supply of 200mg cyp (1 shot a week, total 4 injections). I could get 10 for 30 bucks here on the boards. I wouldn't use a trt clinic either, they're absurdly pricey.

    I think your doctor is a jackwagon and really behind the times. As stated above, the "normal range" is humungous and you can still be in normal range but feel like shit. Afterall they never tested your levels when you were feeling fine, aka they have no baseline.
    Thatís what I was thinking too. Iím wondering also though, if I were to self prescribe, will that affect me getting a script and going through a doctor once I found a better suited one? Like then if they wanted another test I would have Normal numbers already being on my own trt prior ya know.

  12. #12
    Senior Member

    Frankdoz's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    979

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    432
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    359
    Thanked in
    288 Posts
    Rep Points
    12140745

    Quote Originally Posted by Multislacking View Post
    Primary care doctors usually don't play nicely when it comes to trt. Urologist would be a better bet. And preferably one who isn't old as dirt. Having said that, I got sick and tired of the trt game and eventually just started doing it on my own.

    You're pretty young for levels that low. Have you cycled previously?
    Start with doc trt and blood work then you can adjust to fit yiur needs


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #13
    Member


    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    43

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    10
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    15
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Rep Points
    2287679

    find a trt clinic in your area or online. if you have insurance it may cover all your labs, mine does which is a plus.

  14. #14
    Senior Member

    BallsMahoney's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Merrica!
    Posts
    412

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    103
    Thanked in
    59 Posts
    Rep Points
    2021287507

    Quote Originally Posted by Camo_Toe View Post
    Thatís what I was thinking too. Iím wondering also though, if I were to self prescribe, will that affect me getting a script and going through a doctor once I found a better suited one? Like then if they wanted another test I would have Normal numbers already being on my own trt prior ya know.
    If you go on self-script TRT and want to get on a real prescription, you'll need to crash your test before bloodwork is drawn, otherwise your numbers will be through the roof and you'll never get a legit script. If you go this route, probably don't inject up to a month prior to your scheduled lab. Like I said before, it took me months before I finally got a script, and I pay more than what test can be bought for here on the boards. A doctor's perscription isn't all its cracked up to be. I would DEFINITELY not seek out a TRT Clinic. Most of them don't accept insurance, and its absurdly crazy expensive. You could buy an entire year's worth of cyp for a couple hundred bucks here vs 1 month of TRT from one of those clinics. No thanks!

  15. #15
    Senior Member

    beast405's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    103

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    28
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    29
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Rep Points
    290100

    Not to hijack the thread but... how do you do your cycles on doc prescribed Trt... I just recently got my script through my doctor. But havenít started it yet due to me and my wife wanting to have a child. But I want to run blast in between blood work for trt when I do start back.


    Quote Originally Posted by BallsMahoney View Post
    If you go on self-script TRT and want to get on a real prescription, you'll need to crash your test before bloodwork is drawn, otherwise your numbers will be through the roof and you'll never get a legit script. If you go this route, probably don't inject up to a month prior to your scheduled lab. Like I said before, it took me months before I finally got a script, and I pay more than what test can be bought for here on the boards. A doctor's perscription isn't all its cracked up to be. I would DEFINITELY not seek out a TRT Clinic. Most of them don't accept insurance, and its absurdly crazy expensive. You could buy an entire year's worth of cyp for a couple hundred bucks here vs 1 month of TRT from one of those clinics. No thanks!

Similar Threads

  1. Debating TRT, 25 years old
    By Hellcat in forum Testosterone Replacement Therapy
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-11-2019, 03:51 AM
  2. Debating
    By Gokster in forum Anabolic Steroids
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-08-2017, 05:59 PM
  3. Debating going back on HGH
    By Smokey3 in forum Anabolic Steroids
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-18-2017, 06:47 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Copyright© 2012-2020 Anabolic Steroid Discussion Forums