• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Bible Thread

Bible Study Tools
Genesis 3:16-19
16 To the woman He said: "I will greatly multiply your sorrow and your conception; In pain you shall bring forth children; Your desire shall be for your husband, And he shall rule over you." 17 Then to Adam He said, "Because you have heeded the voice of your wife, and have eaten from the tree of which I commanded you, saying, 'You shall not eat of it': "Cursed is the ground for your sake; In toil you shall eat of it All the days of your life. 18 Both thorns and thistles it shall bring forth for you, And you shall eat the herb of the field. 19 In the sweat of your face you shall eat bread Till you return to the ground, For out of it you were taken; For dust you are, And to dust you shall return."

I heard/read a pretty interesting theory on this one time. Without going back and researching it, it had something to do with Jewish law. Wish I could remember.

Duh. Came to me last night. Jesus was crucified during passover. No yeast during passover, etc. At least, that's one theory.

Also reflects this scripture:
Psalm 69:16-21
New King James Version
16 Hear me, O Lord, for Your lovingkindness is good;
Turn to me according to the multitude of Your tender mercies.
17 And do not hide Your face from Your servant,
For I am in trouble;
Hear me speedily.
18 Draw near to my soul, and redeem it;
Deliver me because of my enemies.

19 You know my reproach, my shame, and my dishonor;
My adversaries are all before You.
20 Reproach has broken my heart,
And I am full of [a]heaviness;
I looked for someone to take pity, but there was none;
And for comforters, but I found none.
21 They also gave me gall for my food,
And for my thirst they gave me vinegar to drink.

In a nutshell, they weren't offering Him anything nice to drink. Imagine carrying the cross all that distance and then being offered vinegar to quench your thirst. It was simply another form of mocking and torture. The last reference to offering Him a drink is too ambiguous for me to make any call. They soaked a sponge, stuck it on a stick and lifted it to Him on the cross. Some interpretations say He drank, others just mention they offered it. If you're rolling with the passover theory, He wouldn't have drank.

Let me throw another one out there. Jesus turned the water into wine at the wedding and was even the first miracle mentioned in John. Was it "new" wine (ie, grape juice) or was it legit wine? I've heard the "new" wine argument, but it doesn't fit what scripture says:
9 When the master of the feast had tasted the water that was made wine, and did not know where it came from (but the servants who had drawn the water knew), the master of the feast called the bridegroom. 10 And he said to him, “Every man at the beginning sets out the good wine, and when the guests have well drunk, then the inferior. You have kept the good wine until now!”

I take that as they typically used the delicious good booze first and then brought out the cheap weak stuff later. It clearly implies that they'd be under the influence and unable to tell the difference later in the party.

How old is the Earth?

Another good one. I have no problem accepting 6000 years. If God can change water into wine, dust into man, He shouldn't have any problem modifying carbon isotopes, etc. What's your opinion?

I'm pretty much in the same boat. If I had to pick a year time frame would be 6000-7000 years old. I do have a hard time believing that the Earth is millions and millions of years old. The Earth is so vast and complex in species that maybe we aren't supposed to know. Kinda like is noah's ark still intact somewhere on this planet?

In which bible verse is the earth specifically dated? And if it is specifically dated, is it’s entire existence dated or is it the creation of Gods humans that are dated?

asking for a friend...

And here is a controversial viewpoint for you all to ponder:

do you think the dinosaurs were in fact the product of the watchers and mortal women (nephilim) or the product of the nephilims experiments with genetics?

and do you find it suspicious that dinosaur bones are not found in past human civilizations? I mean, it was the late 1800’s before they were being discovered, at a time when museums were going out of business. And most of them are found in North America... personally I believe the dinosaurs were real but it’s a fun conspiracy to think about.

In which bible verse is the earth specifically dated? And if it is specifically dated, is it’s entire existence dated or is it the creation of Gods humans that are dated?

asking for a friend...

Multiple scholars have done the math over the years. A lot of it is taken from when someone died, etc. So it's taken from many, many verses.

IML Gear Cream!
Any Old Testament junkies?

Judah banged his deceased sons wife (unbeknownst to him at the time) thus creating a blood line that would eventually lead to the one and only Jesus H Christ.

I think... it’s been along time since I was fed Old Testament stories from a dude I used to work with. Lazy guy, but very well read when it came to judeo-Christian theology.

i find the Old Testament to be extremely interesting.

Judah banged his deceased sons wife (unbeknownst to him at the time) thus creating a blood line that would eventually lead to the one and only Jesus H Christ.

I think... it’s been along time since I was fed Old Testament stories from a dude I used to work with. Lazy guy, but very well read when it came to judeo-Christian theology.

"Jesus H ​Christ" you say??? BWAAAAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

There were MANY things in both the New and Old testaments that were things that both believers of God and unbelievers did that were not right, and were not condoned by the church, the temple, nor by God's Laws from Moses, nor by the teachings of Christ himself. I think that some people point to wrongful acts written in the Bible and assume that those who wrote the Bible were condoning those behaviors. But they weren't. they were recording the good and the bad, as well as the lessons that those who sinned learned the hard way due to their rebellion to God. IDK if that helps you out or not

The following is for Wesley, (and for anyone else whoi s interested): I've said this before on this board years ago, but I'll repeat it here.....The reason why you will never pick up the Bible and and understand everything you read is due to two things....

#1. There's a scripture in the New Testament that Jesus spoke to his followers. It's in Mark 4.25 (ie. chapter 4 verse 25). In this part of the chapter Christ is speaking of the kingdom of God and specifically about his Word. He explains that those who have the Word in them and it's sown in their heart, (meaning those who have chosen to believe God's Word and genuinely look to learn it in order to know God and understand his plan for their lives and for this planet) to those people more shall be given. More of what? More of the Word and more understanding of it.

However, Christ also explains in that same verse, that those who do NOT have God's Word sown in their hearts, (ie. those who don't choose to believe in him and in his Word) it is those who what little and vague understanding they do happen to have of it, will be taken away from them. Why? Because Jesus knew that back then, as well as through time all the way up to now and in the future, there will always be a percentage of people who are enemies of Christ, and of his Word, and who will always seek to pervert it, and twist it for their own selfish reasons, (one of those reasons to discredit Christ, his Word, and his followers, and all to simply to appease their consciences in an effort to avoid any possible guilt of their sins or fear of God's judgement, because if they don't avoid those things, then they might just have to admit to themselves that they do need Christ's forgiveness, and they might have to repent and make a change in their lives. And none of that would sit right with their big egos and with their pride).

So those groups of people will always look to learn a portion of the Bible ONLY to try and discredit it, just like the Pharisees, (the religious leaders of Jesus' day) tried to use his words to trick him, trip him up, and to falsely accuse him. This is why the Bible is written in a way that makes it required to be diligent and persistent in getting to know and understand it. It's because it's written for sincere people who sincerely seek God and seek to please God, and NOT for those who are enemies of God, and of Christ and who look to use the Bible against God and against his followers.

#2. The Bible is written in a way that the words in the 66 books contained therein, fit together like a puzzle. So as a result, in most chapters of the Bible, when you first read them, you might only understnad 3 out of 10 verses. Because if you're reading in the book of Revelation, some verses are only interpreted and brought to light by other verses in the Book of Daniel, (and vice-versa). You would need to go to the chapter in the book of Daniel which speaks about that same topic in order for you to know what in the world it's talking about in that particular chapter of Revealation.

And other chapters of other books in the Bible are much the same way. It's written that way for a specific pupose: to throw God's enemies and the church's enemies off the track since they will only look to learn the Bible for ill motives. There are special study aids that can help you with this. One form are called Bible "commentaries". they can be used to look up any chapter of the Bible you're reading, and they will make mention of the other scriptures of the Bible found in the other books which speak of the same topic and shed light on it.They also speak of some of the customs ad traditions of Christ's followers back then, and that also sheds light on some of the scriptures, so you can know how to apply what it's saying to your own life/to your own walk with God.

Another form of study aid to the Bible reader is a Bible "concordance". They have "exhaustive" concordances too which allow you to look up practically any word in the Bible, and it will show you every single scriture that contains that word in it. Yet a third Bible study aid is a certain brand of Bible called the Thompson Chain reference Bible. In this Bible, (which I happen to have and enjoy) any scripture that you read has either a footnote or a scripture chapter and verse number reference written off to the side. For instance, you can open up the first book of the Bible, (Genesis) and go to the verse where God told Eve that her punishment was that she will will from then on have pain and suffering during child births. Now you look to the side of that scripture, and it lists the very next scripture in the Bible where it talks about pain during child birth, about Eve, or simply about child birth in general because in that other scripture that it lists, it can expound and say more and shed light on that scripture in Genesis.

You would then turn to that next scripture, (which might be in the Book of Leviticus) and read what that scripture says about that same topic, and you will now find another listing on side of it, of the next scripture in the bible that's related. For instance it might say "Joshua 10.6" which would ofcourse indicate the book of Joshua, chapter 10 verse 6. So this "chain" reference takes you through the entire Bible showing you almost every scripture that is related to that topic in Genesis that you originally read.So the Bible was written like a puzzle with puzzle pieces that fit together strategically. It's to protect God's Word, the Bible, and God's followers to a certain degree from the ill intentions of God's enemies who would seek to use their knowledge of what the Bible says against Christians. It's actually like that to limit their ability to do that. I hope this helps.

Also keep in mind that certain books of the Bible, (such as Daniel and especially Revealation use much more symbolic words than other books of the Bible do, (such as John, matthew, or the book of James) so those books with more symbolizm, are often going to be more of a challenge to understand at first.

If you truly believe in the Lord with all your heart and pray for understanding when reading his word it will make more sense to you than someone just reading it with ill intent or no intent at all. Such as in proverbs when it speaks of wisdom being more precious than rubys the word of God is wisdom and those whom seek it righteously will understand it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn’t bring that Old Testament story up to be critical of it, merely thought it (and many like it) are extremely interesting. But, I welcome the discussion..... it just goes to show how merciful God is and how we all fall short of his divine glory.... thank God for Jesus, amirite guys ? 😉

My religion is Ancient Alienism. Can you dig?
some of things in the sumarian texts are also found in the bible and tora karon pretty strange that people dont recognize that religions all formed from possible alien origins

Good stuff. One of the few times I watched an entire video and didn't skip anything. Definitely worth the watch.
I have been pretty selective on what I post in this thread. Glad you liked it.

Proverbs 5:18-19

New King James Version

18 Let your fountain be blessed,
And rejoice with the wife of your youth.
19 As a loving deer and a graceful doe,
Let her breasts satisfy you at all times;
And always be enraptured with her love.

How accurate is his prophecies? I've never heard of him before. Good video
Apparently before he died our government met with him because he had predicted so much accurately.

I honestly don't know much about him though. I started watching his vids and another guy about a year ago.

Back