• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Bible Thread

GYMnTONIC

Super Moderator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Ok so I have a Bible. (got it in Prison actually) and it's King James Version

Wondering if we can get a thread going in here. You don't have to be religious, I wouldn't say I am, but I do believe in God, and I do think this is a super valuable book. The last books I read were 48 laws of Power and Art of Seduction both by Robert Greene and they were amazing

So I'm gonna start reading 10-15minutes a day again, bc to be quite honest, this lockdown is making me lose my mind. And I need to get some structure back in my life.

So anyways,we have some solid experts on this forum. From lockpicking, to meds, to computer hacking to mechanics, etc, etc.

You get what I am saying

Is there anyone here who is an expert in say theology, or hermeneutics or even Philosophy?

I'd like to bounce some questions off you guys, re: Interpretation
. I have read the Bible in the past and I don't understand much of it.

If anyone else is in on this venture, feel free to join me. It is one of the greatest books I have read, but it has been a decade since I read it.

So I am in need of assistance!

Thanks!

I’m a preachers kid. I have an M.Th. I also am agnostic but am willing to help where I can.

Self made monster I believe. I thought he had mentioned he studied all 3 major monotheistic ideologies. Also I read it here and there but am no Christian Bible expert. Religion has fascinated me for a long time. My mom had a rough childhood and her troubles spilled over into her adulthood. She bounced back and forth between different Christian sects and Jehovah witness’ ... she was always looking for reason in her life I guess. But I would say that I am a Christian, not a very good one, but God makes sense to me....it gives me hope. And there are a lot of good people in the Christian circle. A lot of bad people too but the message of Christ is an incredible story.

I try to put myself back in that timeframe, it’s crazy really.

life is just too intricate and the human body is just too dynamic for this to just happen through evolution. From nothingness to a giant gas explosion to bacterium to humans, I don’t buy it.

Human beings were a well thought out creation.

New King James version is probably going to be the most accurate and easiest to understand. NIV and some of the others are known for mutilating some passages (and flat out adding/subtracting other things). Here's a link to a place that will email you a daily reading plan that gets you through the bible in one year (just make sure to pick the NKJV):
https://www.bibleinayear.org/

Easiest/best search feature, imo:
https://www.biblegateway.com/

I'm not highly religious either but like you I do believe there is probably a god and I sense that if we consistently choose to be evil and a POS in life that we will suffer consequences after life.
A lot of religions and their 'books' are fine as long as they don't condone terrorism/killing other people.
I do not believe everything in the bible but the stories are interesting and there is nothing wrong with the basic morals it points out. Basically it is a guide to being a decent human being.

New King James version is probably going to be the most accurate and easiest to understand. NIV and some of the others are known for mutilating some passages (and flat out adding/subtracting other things). Here's a link to a place that will email you a daily reading plan that gets you through the bible in one year (just make sure to pick the NKJV):
https://www.bibleinayear.org/

Easiest/best search feature, imo:
https://www.biblegateway.com/

This is great advice.... I fully agree with multi on this. I did back in the day have a NKJV but I also did have NIV. If I got stuck with passages from the NKJV I would read the NIV to see if I understood it better then went back to NKJV.

Wes I think alot of the Bros here are more than willing to help with any questions you might have. There probably will be several different interpretations shared I'm guessing as well.

There’s an app that has all translations you can cross reference for further understanding. Anyone interested can check android or Apple apps and find something close, the exact name escapes me. KJV is the original translation from Greek first translated from Hebrew I believe. It’s old English but as close to original as one can get.

Ok let me ask my first question

Revelations speaks about the Tribulation and the Rapture. It also speaks about many "horsemen"

I see it mention the Eagle, which I get is the USA. The Bear, which I get is Russia.

But what does it all mean. I can't make sense of it. Which comes first? When does it occur?

IML Gear Cream!
That’s the million dollar question bro. Once the prophecies are fulfilled then the beginning of the end shall commence. Some, but not all, have been done.

i have an NIV Bible in my safe, right next to my gear. My gearZ are holy, and I heard it adds to the potency. Jesus used to pin and lift too. Least that’s what I tell myself.

id love to sit through a sermon with a jacked up preacher. Flexing for Jesus!

I’m not super religious and I don’t follow it all that closely. But I do have a bible bed side. It belonged to my wife’s father who passed at an early age. I’ll follow along here. I’ve been meaning to pick that bible up and give it a chance. Maybe this thread will encourage me to do just that.

Wes, get out of Revelations. Start with John and move to Romans (written by Paul).

The tribulation and end times are best understood after a solid foundation in the trinity. It takes serious time to understand. Backstory is critical.

But I’ll give you a glimpse of the locust. They’re Apache helicopters IMO. If prophecy is fulfilled, we’re pretty close.

Coming out swinging I see lol... In Christianity nobody can agree with how it's going to go down. Now I very well could be wrong completely.

https://www.neverthirsty.org/bible-...does-rapture-occur-before-tribulation-period/

I agree with this view on how everything will go down. Now first important fact is God doesn't act accordingly to our view of time... 7 years is not 7 actual years according to God's timetable. It could be 700 actual years.

Paul promises the church would be spared. IMO, if it’s real. No saved soul will experience tribulation and the dead go first. This is a quote from a letter he wrote to the church of Thessalonica/greece

10 [FONT=&quot]And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.

Many many other references. Shit gets stupid deep. The rapture is kinda what triggers the tribulation. Damn my childhood sucked. [/FONT]

Paul promises the church would be spared. IMO, if it’s real. No saved soul will experience tribulation and the dead go first. This is a quote from a letter he wrote to the church of Thessalonica/greece

10 [FONT=&quot]And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.

Many many other references. Shit gets stupid deep. The rapture is kinda what triggers the tribulation. Damn my childhood sucked. [/FONT]

Ok. If the church leaves before the tribulation who will then be left on earth to preach the gospel to save the 144,000 Jews from the 12 tribes? The tribulation is broke down into 2 parts. Regular and great...
Yes it gets super deep for sure.

One could get saved in the tribulation but who’d preach it? They’ve already been deemed “left behind” probably won’t be more than the 144 @EJD this could be a very interesting thread...

edit- whoever finds a bible and believes it then whiteness, for Christ I guess.

Last edited:
Love the thread already and I am already confused.

I suck at anything that doesnt deal with endocrinology and lifting LOL

Forgive me for any future questions I have that seem dumb. I assure you I have very very limited understanding.

Im very happy to have your help as I am super super interested in understanding.

Get Shredded!
The way I understand the rapture of the church ushers in the 7 year tribulation. With the disappearance of the church comes unheard of disasters. Not only in the loss of people but also the loss of financial resources. Then a man steps up with the answers and comes to spread peace in the middle east. The Jews believe this man to be their long awaited messiah. It isn't until the middle of the 7 years that he sets himself up in the temple as God that the jews realize he isn't who he says he is and then the 144000 Jews go out and evangelize the rest of the people.

when you are going through hell brother, God and the message and story of Jesus Christ can truly motivate you to keep pushing, keep fighting. I’ve smashed some weights listen to the motivation sermons from this YouTube channel, The Lion of Judah. ... there is also some really nice internet guides to interpreting the Bible.

the holy bible is an incredible and very motivational book.

The way I understand the rapture of the church ushers in the 7 year tribulation. With the disappearance of the church comes unheard of disasters. Not only in the loss of people but also the loss of financial resources. Then a man steps up with the answers and comes to spread peace in the middle east. The Jews believe this man to be their long awaited messiah. It isn't until the middle of the 7 years that he sets himself up in the temple as God that the jews realize he isn't who he says he is and then the 144000 Jews go out and evangelize the rest of the people.

Spot on.

This confuses me like none other

But I appreciate the response

Any additional info I would appreciate. I mean Im at ground zero. I mean ZERO knowledge so this is all new to me. My apologies. I am sure its like a guy asking me how to inject 100mgs of test. For the first time. But I always help.

Do yourself some solid research on tribulation and rapture. You will find it’s not truly biblical. Next, do some research on Sunday church. Why Sunday? When did it change from Saturday(Sabbath)and who changed it? What’s the 4th commandment? What day is the seventh day? Most Christians have no deep knowledge of the Bible or are a bunch of hypocrites. One more thing....our body is our temple according to Jesus....he paid a price for us.....so....should we use AAS? Ponder these things.

Ok let me ask my first question

Revelations speaks about the Tribulation and the Rapture. It also speaks about many "horsemen"

I see it mention the Eagle, which I get is the USA. The Bear, which I get is Russia.

But what does it all mean. I can't make sense of it. Which comes first? When does it occur?

I am a Christian myself . I believe in the rapture of the church. I also believe that salvation is easier than people make it out to be .accoring to scripture john 3:16 for God so loved the world he sent his only begotten son that whoever believe in him should not perish but have everlasting life. Roman's 10:9 says if you confess with your mouth jesus is lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead you will be saved

Nothing dumb about your intrest in scripture, however as mentioned above Revelation (revealing of Jesus Christ) is not a good place to start. Go back to John (The Gospel According to John) gospel means good news & start there, it will make sense. It's a very detailed description of the life of Christ according to John, an eye witness. Remember, John penned the book of Revelation.
Yes, there will be souls that will be saved during the tribulation, the tribulation is mainly dedicated to God's chosen people Israel, to make them recognize God's one and only Son Jesus Christ. Israel as a nation refuses to accept Christ as thier savior. They'er still holding to the covenant of Abraham (old law). Hope this helps
PS I use John MacArthur Study Bible, he's got an interpretation of almost every verse in the bible.

I am a Christian myself . I believe in the rapture of the church. I also believe that salvation is easier than people make it out to be .accoring to scripture john 3:16 for God so loved the world he sent his only begotten son that whoever believe in him should not perish but have everlasting life. Roman's 10:9 says if you confess with your mouth jesus is lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead you will be saved

What does it mean?

What do people need to do, according to this thought process? Why are we here? Does it explain?

Do yourself some solid research on tribulation and rapture. You will find it’s not truly biblical. Next, do some research on Sunday church. Why Sunday? When did it change from Saturday(Sabbath)and who changed it? What’s the 4th commandment? What day is the seventh day? Most Christians have no deep knowledge of the Bible or are a bunch of hypocrites. One more thing....our body is our temple according to Jesus....he paid a price for us.....so....should we use AAS? Ponder these things.

Probably not. But we seek vanity.

I will take credit, I bet im worse then anyone on this forum. But I mean well, so what does it mean?

Back