ADMINISTRATOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,564 Posts
    Rep Points

Roger Stone Pardon: "A SIMPLE STONE remember the name"

https://www.facebook.com/29584722385...04489223784057

All posts are for entertainment and may contain fiction. Consult a medical doctor before using any medications or supplements. Heavyiron does not advocate any illegal activity.
    Read the Rules Please

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by WesleyInman View Post
    Ok so I have a Bible. (got it in Prison actually) and it's King James Version

Wondering if we can get a thread going in here. You don't have to be religious, I wouldn't say I am, but I do believe in God, and I do think this is a super valuable book. The last books I read were 48 laws of Power and Art of Seduction both by Robert Greene and they were amazing

So I'm gonna start reading 10-15minutes a day again, bc to be quite honest, this lockdown is making me lose my mind. And I need to get some structure back in my life.

So anyways,we have some solid experts on this forum. From lockpicking, to meds, to computer hacking to mechanics, etc, etc.

You get what I am saying

Is there anyone here who is an expert in say theology, or hermeneutics or even Philosophy?

I'd like to bounce some questions off you guys, re: Interpretation
    . I have read the Bible in the past and I don't understand much of it.

If anyone else is in on this venture, feel free to join me. It is one of the greatest books I have read, but it has been a decade since I read it.

So I am in need of assistance!

Thanks!
    im humbled to see this post here. Actually, I’ve been in seminary for a couple years now studying theology. I’ve only been a hardcore Christian for around 5 years or so. Fairly new myself, respectively. I’m here to help and I’ll answer any questions you have. If I may suggest, I wholeheartedly believe that ‘reformed theology’ is theology proper. Meaning, it is absolutely orthodox to the Christian church since the beginning. Evidences of this trace all the way throughout the Old Testament into the new and exegetes as early as 150Ad expound this same theological aspect. I believe it is completely essential in, not only times such as these, but in general to understanding the basic necessities of the gospel. Many and I do mean MANY false teachings and heresies have populated the world because of a misinterpretation of these foundational truths.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Mrinsensitive View Post
    im humbled to see this post here. Actually, I’ve been in seminary for a couple years now studying theology. I’ve only been a hardcore Christian for around 5 years or so. Fairly new myself, respectively. I’m here to help and I’ll answer any questions you have. If I may suggest, I wholeheartedly believe that ‘reformed theology’ is theology proper. Meaning, it is absolutely orthodox to the Christian church since the beginning. Evidences of this trace all the way throughout the Old Testament into the new and exegetes as early as 150Ad expound this same theological aspect. I believe it is completely essential in, not only times such as these, but in general to understanding the basic necessities of the gospel. Many and I do mean MANY false teachings and heresies have populated the world because of a misinterpretation of these foundational truths.
    What do you mean reformed theology? Does this have to do with Calvinism and/or Arminianism?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Multislacking View Post
    Do you think people still get possessed? Question not just for EJD.
    Yes but not Christians because a demon can't inhabit the same space as God the Holy Spirit. However Christians can definitely be tempted and influenced by them and seem like they're (or we're if I'm honest) possessed. Tren and alcohol has done that to me along with my sin nature. To be real honest I have acted possessed on nothing, I mean crazy. There is progress though and that's good enough.

Sent from my Nokia 2.3 using Tapatalk

NO LIMITS.
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,495 Posts
    Rep Points

Okay good because I have questions... you made a lot of statements with zero explanation of what you’re talking about

Can you elaborate on;

“basic necessities of the gospel” ??
    “reformed theology being a proper theology” ??

“many false teachings and heresies” ??
    “Misinterpretation of these foundational truths”

Where do you attend seminary? You sound like you have a different Bible than the rest of the world enlighten us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by HFO3 View Post
    Okay good because I have questions... you made a lot of statements with zero explanation of what you’re talking about

Can you elaborate on;

Where do you attend seminary? You sound like you have a different Bible than the rest of the world enlighten us

I don't necessarily disagree with anything he's said....yet. I just need some clarification from him. Lots of big words used. Hoping I'm wrong but coming in here saying he's a hardcore Christian in seminary almost sounds like he's putting himself on a pedestal and knows more than the rest of us. Again, I hope Im wrong on that assessment as reading someone's text it is hard sometimes to know their tone and often leads to misunderstandings...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    782 Posts
    Rep Points

Mark 10:27-31 NKJV
    But Jesus looked at them and said, “With men it is impossible, but not with God; for with God all things are possible.” Then Peter began to say to Him, “See, we have left all and followed You.” So Jesus answered and said, “Assuredly, I say to you, there is no one who has left house or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or lands, for My sake and the gospel’s, who shall not receive a hundredfold now in this time—houses and brothers and sisters and mothers and children and lands, with persecutions—and in the age to come, eternal life. But many who are first will be last, and the last first.”

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Multislacking View Post
    New King James version is probably going to be the most accurate and easiest to understand. NIV and some of the others are known for mutilating some passages (and flat out adding/subtracting other things). Here's a link to a place that will email you a daily reading plan that gets you through the bible in one year (just make sure to pick the NKJV):
    https://www.bibleinayear.org/

Easiest/best search feature, imo:
    https://www.biblegateway.com/
    actually, the NIV catches most of its fire from those who represent or stick solely to the KJV. They’re called TR’onlyists or KJV-onlyists. What we’ve discovered today, it that a lot of verses (over 2k) in the KJV were not in the original manuscripts. The KJV is one of the MOST poetic and beautifully written forms of scripture but the verb changes and even the mistakes surpass that of most translations. In fact the NIV states this in their passages foot notes at the bottom of their pages. Explaining these whenever the verses present themselves. The most accurate translation of the New Testament we call a transliteration, is the ESV. It’s the most accurate from the original Greek manuscripts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Rep Points

Make no mistake. God has perfectly preserves His Word to accomplish His desires and fulfill His will. Let’s discuss one of the major verses to start, John 3:16.
    most people (not exactly Christians) take John 3:16 to mean that God loves everyone in the entire world without exception. This is an extremely new understanding of Holy Writ. Just invented actually less than 500 years ago. Instituted by the Roman Catholic Church. (Which we believe to be an abomination to God) just as abominable and far reaching as any denomination aspiring from the Arianism theology (which believe Jesus to be NOT the Son of God(Jehovah witness, Mormon, modelists)) and let me just say Jesus is either, God almighty, or He is no one. There is no in between.
    anyway, back to John. The original Greek clearly states literally like this “God loved the KOSMOS (a group a sect, or a governed people) in this way that; He gave His only begotten Son, so that, ALL THE BELIEVING ONES shall not perish but have everlasting life”.
    this verse is one of my favorite verses in all of Holy Writ. God makes it explicitly clear that there are many many peoples whom He hates. BUT His hatred is not like ours. It isn’t a selfish self seeking hatred, it is a holy indignation towards the sinner.
    pic anyone wants to delve into this further, lmk I’ve written a dissertation on the hatred of God.
    but never forget, God commands us to love everyone, why? Because we cannot love perfectly, neither can we judge who is worthy of our hatred. God both loves and hates PERFECTLY.
    The reason God hates is because He is love. Hatred is not the opposite of love. In fact, for hatred to even be present there has to be a foundational ‘well being, or benevolence’ foremost. The opposite of love is INDIFFERENCE.
    Last edited by Mrinsensitive; 11-26-2020 at 06:07 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Rep Points

Btw kosmos did not mean only the entire universe. Understand this was written hundreds upon hundreds of years before the English language was even thought of. Kosmos COULD mean the universe in one or two usages but primarily it did not. Nether does scripture anywhere else indicate nor even hint to the fact that God loves everyone. It is a tactic by Big Eva (popular evangelicals) to bring crowds and make the gospel less offensive. The gospel is EXTREMELY offensive. And it’s tactic is to lighten the blow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by HFO3 View Post

Can you elaborate on;

of course, I’m happy to elaborate, friend.
    basic necessities of the gospel include ‘

God is God and has sovereignty over the clay (all mankind, His creation) Gen 1/John6:44

God is 3 persons, One being, in perfect unity and perfect harmony with The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit.

Jesus is The Son of God, Jesus is also, God almighty. “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me”. From the beginning, all of the prophets (Abraham, Moses for example) who saw God, heard from God, dwelt with God; THAT was Jesus. The everlasting God. Jesus makes this explicitly clear “no one has seen the Father”, except for Jesus of course.

Mankind is expressly evil, wicked, and dead in their trespasses and sins, were not sinners because we sin, we sin, because we are sinners. No one CAN obey the law of God because of our inherit wickedness and radical depravity.

BUT God, sent His only Son, who dwelt among us, live and died a perfect sinless life, to atone for the sins of His people.
    God raised Him on the third day from death, and He is now seated at the right hand of the Father.

yes, theology proper is a proper understanding of who God is, What God is, and why God is. You cannot understand this nor grasp the complexity of it outside of Reformed theology, or MONERGISM.

false teachings include the Palegianism (God works with man for his salvation) Roman Catholic Church, the adding to the gospel, or the Arianism denominations who take away from the gospel (saying Jesus was not God)
    all heresies developed out of these forms of blasphemy.

I attend 2 schools currently, one of which I vehemently disagree with and left recently (Dallas theological) practically (which is good for my expertise in tearing down and exposing false teaching) I’ve recently (in the last year) switched to the SBC. and the other is my doctrinal studies. Hillsdale.

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,975 Posts
    Rep Points

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in this thread.

Much love to you all for keeping it going and also those of you giving me additional knowledge, my genuine thank you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by WesleyInman View Post
    Ok let me ask my first question

Revelations speaks about the Tribulation and the Rapture. It also speaks about many "horsemen"

I see it mention the Eagle, which I get is the USA. The Bear, which I get is Russia.

But what does it all mean. I can't make sense of it. Which comes first? When does it occur?
    This is an extremely new interpretation of revelation. We studied revelation using only scripture for our interpretations. Revelation uses many Old Testament, judgment language sayings to convey this prophecy. Which was fulfilled exactly as it said it would during 70AD. Just as Jesus prophesied in Matthew 24 I believe. Speaking to his disciples “some of you will not pass away before you see the Son of Man coming on the clouds” judgment language from the Old Testament. God many many times comes in judgment against His own people and the world. Daniel uses this language a lot.
    there is no such thing as a ‘rapture’ as many contemporary evangelicals purport it to be. Yes Jesus is coming on the last day of history to end the world, of course. But in the twinkling of an eye, no one knows the hour. none of that tribulation language in revelation is a sign of His final coming. That prophecy has been fulfilled. Christians are under tribulation and trials every day of their Christian lives (unless you’re a contemporary American Christian that isn’t biblically Christian)
    Every generation before us all the way until about 800 years ago, thought “Jesus is coming in this way” and used revelation as a premise to eisogete prophecy. Key word, EISOGETE.
    it was a tactic to scare people into obedience. Yes the fear of God is the beginning of knowledge and wisdom, but any man who comes to God out of self preservation and selfish fear, likely isn’t a “born again” Christian. But someone trying to save their own butts from eternal torment. And it’s a great tactic because Romans tells us “everyone knows God but they suppress the truth in unrighteousness.” So scaring someone to God is a good way to make a lot of money. Granted a lot of ppl just don’t know any better. But those whom God loves, will be corrected and come out from among them. Also in revelation “The father disciplines and chastises all those whom He loves”.

I wanted to add this interpretation is extremely entertaining too. This is why Hollywood portrayed it and made quite a chinch of change. Notice it had absolutely nothing if anything to do with Jesus.
    Last edited by Mrinsensitive; 11-26-2020 at 06:51 AM.

NO LIMITS.
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,495 Posts
    Rep Points

of course, I’m happy to elaborate, friend.
    basic necessities of the gospel include ‘

God is God and has sovereignty over the clay (all mankind, His creation) Gen 1/John6:44

God is 3 persons, One being, in perfect unity and perfect harmony with The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit.

Jesus is The Son of God, Jesus is also, God almighty. “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me”. From the beginning, all of the prophets (Abraham, Moses for example) who saw God, heard from God, dwelt with God; THAT was Jesus. The everlasting God. Jesus makes this explicitly clear “no one has seen the Father”, except for Jesus of course.

Mankind is expressly evil, wicked, and dead in their trespasses and sins, were not sinners because we sin, we sin, because we are sinners. No one CAN obey the law of God because of our inherit wickedness and radical depravity.

BUT God, sent His only Son, who dwelt among us, live and died a perfect sinless life, to atone for the sins of His people.
    God raised Him on the third day from death, and He is now seated at the right hand of the Father.

yes, theology proper is a proper understanding of who God is, What God is, and why God is. You cannot understand this nor grasp the complexity of it outside of Reformed theology, or MONERGISM.

false teachings include the Palegianism (God works with man for his salvation) Roman Catholic Church, the adding to the gospel, or the Arianism denominations who take away from the gospel (saying Jesus was not God)
    all heresies developed out of these forms of blasphemy.

I attend 2 schools currently, one of which I vehemently disagree with and left recently (Dallas theological) practically (which is good for my expertise in tearing down and exposing false teaching) I’ve recently (in the last year) switched to the SBC. and the other is my doctrinal studies. Hillsdale.
    Okay cool brother thank you for explaining with details. I understand what you’ve said and I wholly agree with you. Welcome to this thread and to ASF!

Happy thanksgiving to all my brothers in iron and in Christ!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,771 Posts
    Rep Points

Happy thanksgiving brothers. Many of you have reached out to me this last week, and I truly appreciate your friendship and fellowship. May God bless you, your family and friends, and your efforts.