• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Bible Thread

This is the top viewed thread on all of ASF

Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior. That's all I can say

I thank you all for your expertise. Amazing that in a bodybuilding forum, the top viewed thread is about Jesus Christ.

I consider that a win for everyone here.

And those of u experts commenting, thank u.

God is good

Christianity.com
Meaning and Significance of John 19:30 - 'It Is Finished'
One of the very last words uttered by Jesus on the cross, “It is finished” in John 19:30, is one of the most important and poignant. The words, “It is finished” are found only in John 19:30. The Greek word translated “it is finished” is tetelestai, an accounting term meaning paid in full.

Jesus is saying in “It is finished” that the debt owed by man to his Creator on account of Adam’s sin is finally and forever dealt with. Jesus, with “it is finished,” is saying not only does He take away man’s sin, but now He removes it as far as the east is to the west, for is finished, done, signed, and sealed because of the blood of Jesus.

Jude 20-23
New King James Version
Maintain Your Life with God
20 But you, beloved, (A)building yourselves up on your most holy faith, (B)praying in the Holy Spirit, 21 keep yourselves in the love of God, (C)looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.

22 And on some have compassion, [a]making a distinction; 23 but (D)others save with fear, (E)pulling them out of the [c]fire, hating even (F)the garment defiled by the flesh.

you ever notice on the back of the bible it says WES15

If I sold Bibles I certainly would have that deal. I only sell the best items, so I'd sell the bible :)

How many people here believe in Numerology? Aka seeing numbers constantly, for instance "777"

Who here understands numerology? seems to be a huge factor in the Bible. Math that is.

I strongly disagree with the premise that God is still handing out punishment for sin on believers. “It is finished” is what Christ said on the cross, he meant everything is finished. God poured his wrath out in his son for all mankind and we have enjoyed his grace amd mercy for 2000 yrs.

That’s it, no more wrath is poured out on us until he collects those of us who have received his free gift of salvation. Then it’s game on for the unbelievers. This is my interpretation and understanding, I’m still learning so it may not be a perfect understanding, if anyone has a different understanding I’d like to hear it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think God necessarily has to pour out his wrath. Just pulling His protection away can be devastating.

And this is just a thought...not an argument for or against or anything else. I hate to pick on the jews, but I'm going there anyway. Using the holocaust and WWII as an example... Do you think that if they had confessed Jesus as Lord...especially as a people....would things have turned out differently for them? Would God have stepped in and massively intervened if there had been a light switch flip in their faith? Would there have even been a holocaust if they had already accepted Christ? Or are they doomed to "wander the spiritual wilderness" until the end? Just some things myself (and others) have wondered about.

If I sold Bibles I certainly would have that deal. I only sell the best items, so I'd sell the bible :)

How many people here believe in Numerology? Aka seeing numbers constantly, for instance "777"

Who here understands numerology? seems to be a huge factor in the Bible. Math that is.
the codex is a trip, so much information

Numbers are certainly important in the bible. Or else they wouldn't be given to us again and again. Having said that, there is a distinct difference between sacred and magical. Numerology tends to dive off into the magical universe. As we've talked about before, just because my purchase rings up at $6.66, it doesn't make it evil. Nor does having 777 for a tattoo ward off demons.

IML Gear Cream!
For all our political discourse:

Matthew 7:5
New King James Version

5 Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

how would you explain the persecution of Christians and Christian morality in today’s society and the future persecution that will surely come. Im open to different interpretations of what exactly we are experiencing right now. I also understand that in the end, those that give themselves to Christ, have nothing to fear as far as salvation and redemption are concerned.

thanks in advance.

Thanks for relying, lemme say upfront I am in no way arguing just chatting :)

I dont equate Christian persecution or any mans lack of morality to Gods judgement.

I dont equate Christian persecution or any mans lack of morality to Gods judgement.

I understand Persecution of Christians happens because of Satans hatred for believers and his hatred of God. People either willfully or inadvertently follow him and do his bidding.

Gods wrath was poured out on Jesus once and for all for all who believe so was that not enough? He wasn’t finished he will pour more out for later generations? I don’t think so.

By no means am I a Bible teacher lol but this understanding is what I was taught and it is what resonates with me, I believe Scripture backs it up but I don’t have time to search them out and post them so maybe I should be quiet

Jesus is Lord of Lords

I don't think God necessarily has to pour out his wrath. Just pulling His protection away can be devastating.

And this is just a thought...not an argument for or against or anything else. I hate to pick on the jews, but I'm going there anyway. Using the holocaust and WWII as an example... Do you think that if they had confessed Jesus as Lord...especially as a people....would things have turned out differently for them? Would God have stepped in and massively intervened if there had been a light switch flip in their faith? Would there have even been a holocaust if they had already accepted Christ? Or are they doomed to "wander the spiritual wilderness" until the end? Just some things myself (and others) have wondered about.

I don’t know, perhaps some did convert to Christians
I think the Holocaust was an act of evil from the spirit of Antichrist not an act of wrath form God.

I also believe we will go through perilous times/tribulations as christians but it won’t be gods wrath poured out. Maybe I’m wrong but that’s just how I read, interpret and understand the end times, I also believe we are in them, but I have no idea how long they last

"It is done"...imo...is the reference that all of scripture (OT) was fulfilled at that point. He was the ultimate sacrifice. No more doves, lambs, etc. And I don't think it was God's wrath that was poured out on him, but rather the weight of the world's sin (past and future). "The wages of sin is death"....quite literally in His case.

That’s the things bro. We have discussions .... we don’t eat our own lol

but I wasn’t suggesting the God was gonna get the belt out after us... merely, how similar our nation is right now to every fallen powerful nation in history dating back to biblical times.

babylon will crush us.... I forget the passage but in the Bible it mentions 200,000 or 2 million (not to sound like Biden here) warriors coming to crush the Christians ... I believe it also talked about these warriors being Asian? Correct me if im wrong.

i believe this is the beginning of ‘Babylon’s’ reign over the “free” nation. Like in Habakkuk ...

That’s the things bro. We have discussions .... we don’t eat our own lol

but I wasn’t suggesting the God was gonna get the belt out after us... merely, how similar our nation is right now to every fallen powerful nation in history dating back to biblical times.

babylon will crush us.... I forget the passage but in the Bible it mentions 200,000 or 2 million (not to sound like Biden here) warriors coming to crush the Christians ... I believe it also talked about these warriors being Asian? Correct me if im wrong.

i believe this is the beginning of ‘Babylon’s’ reign over the “free” nation. Like in Habakkuk ...

Yes I know the place ... brb! Okay. Got it Revelations 9:16 the 200mm man army which according to cia records China surpassed 200mm army over 20 yrs ago and if I’m not mistaken they’re still the only army of that great number

I agree China will be that army

You guys are confusing me w some of the details

I forget what it was like in 1996 asking what gauge pin to use, how to draw, etc
Lol

Reading this thread sometimes confused me greatly. I lack knowledge greatly in this area
What does China have to do.w all of this anyone?

Get Shredded!
if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

eBible

1 Peter 5:6-11
SHEPHERD THE FLOCK OF GOD
6 Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, 7 casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you. 8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. 9 Resist him, steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world. 10 But may the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you. 11 To Him be the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen.

Hebrews 12:6 says God chastens those that he loves. But I don't believe that everything bad that happens in our lives is punishment from God. Sometimes we do stupid things and end up with the result of our actions.

This song was written for a little girl dying of cancer. She never heard the song, she passed before it was finished.

[FONT=&quot]Praise You in This Storm (New York Sessions) · By Casting Crowns (Official Music Video)[/FONT]

https://www.facebook.com/castingcrowns/videos/349442929390665

I've had a album by them before. Also the jelly roll song you posted I've heard for months lol. My girl loves that song. And the one named same asshole

Back