• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Bible Thread

Get Shredded!
Guys what is the deal with the so called prediction or requirement in the Bible, I forget where but someone told me about it. Maybe Revelations, that the Temple must be rebuilt in Israel or Jerusalem, or something to that extent. Im sure Im butchering the actual topic, but someone here will know what I am referring to.

Can you explain it please?

Guys what is the deal with the so called prediction or requirement in the Bible, I forget where but someone told me about it. Maybe Revelations, that the Temple must be rebuilt in Israel or Jerusalem, or something to that extent. Im sure Im butchering the actual topic, but someone here will know what I am referring to.

Can you explain it please?

King Solomons temple will need to be rebuilt in order for the antichrist to take his place and make himself above all Gods. Daniel 9:24-27 talks about it. Pretty much there will be a peace treaty or a covenant and when the temple is built the antichrist that will bring peace will sit at the throne of the temple.... this Mark's the beginning of the 7 year tribulation period that's supposed to happen after the rapture. In the middle of the tribulation period 3.5 years in the antichrist will stop all offerings and sacrifices to God and demand everyone worships him. This will be the worst time on earth for anyone that believes in God.

This is no rapture in the bible. Your living in the so-called tribulation right now.

King Solomons temple will need to be rebuilt in order for the antichrist to take his place and make himself above all Gods. Daniel 9:24-27 talks about it. Pretty much there will be a peace treaty or a covenant and when the temple is built the antichrist that will bring peace will sit at the throne of the temple.... this Mark's the beginning of the 7 year tribulation period that's supposed to happen after the rapture. In the middle of the tribulation period 3.5 years in the antichrist will stop all offerings and sacrifices to God and demand everyone worships him. This will be the worst time on earth for anyone that believes in God.

Jordan Peterson did a series of Bible lectures and it really changed the way I read and interpreted the Gospels specifically. So many jewels in those. I need to get in the habit of daily reading again.

One thing that stands out in my memory was about Matthew 5:5, The meek shall inherit the Earth. I always interpreted meek as being kind of docile or gentle or submissive, but he argued that the proper meaning at the time was essentially He who carries a big sword but keeps it sheathed will inherit the earth. Basically, be a monster - capable of great violence if need be, butdevelop the ability to restrain it.

I'm technically Mormon. Was baptized into my wife's church. Now we don't go anymore.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

I thought only Catholics & Protestants involved the holy spirit in prayer? Could be wrong but them are the only 2 that pop into my head makin the sign of the cross & mentioning holy spirit.

& my take was it finishes the trinity father, son & holy spirit

Im probly far from being right though.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I thought only Catholics & Protestants involved the holy spirit in prayer? Could be wrong but them are the only 2 that pop into my head makin the sign of the cross & mentioning holy spirit.

What else is there?

IML Gear Cream!

As a believer in Christ, the Holy Spirit is vital to understanding and discernment of the Bible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Proverbs 3:9

"Honor the Lord with your wealth, with the firstfruits of all your crops"

If I recall correctly, it is the standard method to Tithe 10%, is this correct? And what if you can't afford that, are you supposed to do less, or what you can, or do you do 10% and understand that you will get that back and then some for faiths sake?

Can anyone explain?

And what if you don't go to Church? Where are you to donate money? or Tithe?

Any thoughts on this?

I know any of the Churches I have been to in my life are dirt poor. Not these mega Churches on TV where the preacher is driving Lamborghinis and crap. To me I cannot fathom that is correct. Like that guy Joel Osteen comes to mind. Shouldn't he be sharing some of that wealth with others?

Thoughts?

Tithing is what you give, you give from your heart. The poor old woman who gave her last coin gives more than a rich man who gives ten percent. Just give freely what you feel good about giving, never give because you feel obligated, that would negate the gift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I recall correctly, it is the standard method to Tithe 10%, is this correct? And what if you can't afford that, are you supposed to do less, or what you can, or do you do 10% and understand that you will get that back and then some for faiths sake?

Can anyone explain?

Any thoughts on this?

I know any of the Churches I have been to in my life are dirt poor. Not these mega Churches on TV where the preacher is driving Lamborghinis and crap. To me I cannot fathom that is correct. Like that guy Joel Osteen comes to mind. Shouldn't he be sharing some of that wealth with others?

Thoughts?

Yes, tithe is 10%. As far as not having enough, read the story of the widow's mite Mark 12:41 and Luke 21:1.

You certainly wouldn't have to attend a church for them to accept a donation. Believe me, I know. The 10% was initially setup to fund the ministry. The priests did not work outside of spreading God's word. And when you look at the original tithes and gifts, what was it? Food. They were literally feeding the priests. That is all. And then it got perverted. And still is.

So what about that 10%? What if it's used for buying lamborghinis, etc? Probably not the right thing, huh? Think of those dirt poor churches you mentioned. Could they benefit from your tithe? Sure. Are you guaranteed it is going to be spent in a way you would be 100% ok with if you knew where every single penny went? Nope. But if something shady comes up and you find out, you can always tithe someplace else. Scripture does say to test the Lord when it comes to tithe and see if your cup runneth over. Personally, mine has. I can't remember the last time I worried about paying for something. If something breaks, I don't sweat it...I get it fixed or replace it. I'm not saying I'm sitting on millions, but whenever the need arises, the money is there.

I'm going to spitball an idea...think of the Gideons that put out the bibles every place you can imagine. Could you get behind tithing to them? Or better yet, do a little research into different churches and what exactly they are doing for charitable works. Whether it be digging water wells for remote villages, prison ministries, youth ministries, or hospitals and cancer research, etc. Most of them will let you donate directly to that particular activity. Thus bypassing a lot of the "where is my money really going?" fears. Just a thought.

Can anyone explain?

Any thoughts on this?

Thoughts?

I'm no expert in this matter. As far as I understand tithing its taken from your first fruits which would mean gross pay not net.. if you don't go to a church donating to a homeless shelter, wounded warrior I think would be acceptable. I do like the normal speak of Joel Osteen but you bring up a good point. If Joel, T.D Jakes, Joyce Meyer and creflo dollar all donated 1 million a year of their salaries they along could feed the needy for a year I believe. They should set an example of giving etc..

I'm no expert in this matter. As far as I understand tithing its taken from your first fruits which would mean gross pay not net..

I'll maintain my amateur status in this arena, but I believe the "first fruits" as it is used is to ensure that they weren't tithing the rotten crops or diseased livestock. In other words, if you had a sick lamb, you wouldn't take it for offering since it was sick and going to die anyway. Or take in the crop portion that had rotted and save yourself the good stuff. I've also been to churches that were pretty hardcore in preaching tithing--and most of them steered towards your net income, not gross. The old adage that was always used was "why ask if most people aren't even tithing their net."

I mean, eventually we'll be getting our social security and 401k, etc money back. We would still be tithing at that point time. As far as taxes, we can look at the "render unto caesar" scripture and see Jesus' take on that. Caesar (Uncle Sam) is taking his cut regardless. That is money you will never see. Did you get a tax refund? Tithe 10% of it. That is something you did get back. Taxes are the equivalent of locusts coming and eating half your crop. You never received ANY benefit from it. And again, the first fruits were to ensure the priests were getting fed legit healthy food and not rotten garbage.

I'm no expert in this matter. As far as I understand tithing its taken from your first fruits which would mean gross pay not net.. if you don't go to a church donating to a homeless shelter, wounded warrior I think would be acceptable. I do like the normal speak of Joel Osteen but you bring up a good point. If Joel, T.D Jakes, Joyce Meyer and creflo dollar all donated 1 million a year of their salaries they along could feed the needy for a year I believe. They should set an example of giving etc..

a lot of the churches around me donate to causes that affect the community... cancer, deaths, food bank, temp shelter, etc...

if every single staring roster athlete donated 10% of there salaries to the inner city poverty/crime problems.... we wouldn’t be having black lives matter riots either lol

if every single staring roster athlete donated 10% of there salaries to the inner city poverty/crime problems.... we wouldn’t be having black lives matter riots either lol

They probably are donating to what they think solves those problems, but it's to BLM, antifa, etc. :stupid:

I pay tithes and I can honestly say that I do better now than I did when I didn't pay. I cant explain why. The bible says prove me in this bring the whole tithe to the storehouse and see if I don't open up to you according to my riches. That was a paraphrase because I'm not around my bible right now.

Get Shredded!
I pay tithes and I can honestly say that I do better now than I did when I didn't pay. I cant explain why. The bible says prove me in this bring the whole tithe to the storehouse and see if I don't open up to you according to my riches. That was a paraphrase because I'm not around my bible right now.

I’d say it’s worth a shot.... I can’t play the stock market game so why not? I could care less about money... I never even wanted a career... just wanted to be able to support my family and go kayaking and lift weights and read a good book next to a heat source in the winter.

i will attempt to pay tithe... see what happens. Maybe I’ll run a tithe log....

hypothesis: tithe negates every tren side
Summary: to be determined
conclusion: quite a ways out

see ya this fall boys lol

1john 15:5 ask anything according to the will of the father and it will be given. The key here is according to the will of the father. What is Gods will for your life is it to be rich financially or is it to be rich spiritually. There's nothing wrong with money but money used for the wrong purposes is no good for kingdom purposes.

1john 15:5 ask anything according to the will of the father and it will be given. The key here is according to the will of the father. What is Gods will for your life is it to be rich financially or is it to be rich spiritually. There's nothing wrong with money but money used for the wrong purposes is no good for kingdom purposes.

Joel Osteen would disagree. :funny:

Attachments

• Joel-Osteen-residence.jpg
    Joel-Osteen-residence.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 28
This is how I always knew the Vatican and the Popes were compromised. Especially the newest pope, he doesn't even deserve capitilization, that man is pure evil and they have infiltrated the system.

They have billions in assetts, gold and all and they have hidden and enabled pedophilia. Not that they read out of the King James or are Christians for that matter, but yeah man when I see a so called "Christian" worth billions and their are poor and homeless, I probably shouldn't judge but Im quick to call foul.

If I had billions I assure you I would be using much of that money to invest into help the poor as well as other Churches.

I read once something that said something like 'it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle then a rich man to go to the Kingdom of God"

Well something like that. Im sure I butchered it, but I know someone here knows what I mean.

just a little, but at least he makes all of his money from his "book sales".

like the oblamas right?

nice place... I get why you’d all be mad at a preacher man for having a nice place... just wish ya had more outrage for celebrities and athletes that live in excess.. specially the ones that rape kids.

Oh well... the lord said the world would hate those that praise him

this is my favorite passage that backs up the power of tithing. If you have doubt that you wont get back more than what you give or that the lord wont provide for you for having faith and tithing. He literally says to test him. and in my experience any time the Lord says to test him or to try him.... Trust ME! He will not disappoint. Infact you might be suprised at the way he takes care of you and the timing of what he will do for you.
Malachi 3:10 KJV
[h=2]Featured snippet from the web[/h][10] Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it

[h=2]Featured snippet from t[10] Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it[/h]

[h=2]Featured snippet from the web[10] Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it[/h]

I read once something that said something like 'it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle then a rich man to go to the Kingdom of God"

Well something like that. Im sure I butchered it, but I know someone here knows what I mean.

Be aware that the "eye of the needle" used there was more likely in reference to the smaller door set in a large gate. The smaller door was referred to as the eye of the needle. So it would indeed have been difficult, but not completely impossible. Example pic:

CGmkLAgSlmVPxF3ZRJSBsYvGSfkTyPgM_XY_MbzmciNjtT8elyZ3JVpHPePanXsngOGIC0Bw0mQbjm_Mkhy7Mc7u5GKCOYdTwpAkgPAUBrmAbXWp9QgAGNw7hxXGm1_lUDluqdr1MzV2fVkHtJQbgAf5a_ut3cuAJi_8deTgXVsiXbTftxpx

Back