• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Bible Thread

IML Gear Cream!
Are you trolling us? Im guessing you know more than you are letting on.

Not trolling at all, asking for interpretation and it seems we have some solid members that know there stuff.

I was hoping to hear some from you too. I just have alot of questions, my apologies if you guys have to dumb it down, but I am willing to bet many other guys here are in the same position as I.

Also I dont have a Church or anything, not that any of us do right at the moment, so it's cool just to chat with some guys who know their stuff.

I've gotten some really solid info so far, and I am very happy that everyones helping out.

So I also found this site called BibleStudytools.com and its pretty cool bc it sends me notifications sometimes and sends random verses, in fact one that I asked about here was from a notification. So anyways yeah I really wanna put effort into improving my spirituality.

Todays Notification in case you are wondering:

Romans 5:5
, And hope does not put us to shame, bc God's love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.

I dont believe I have ever heard this verse before

Can anyone here explain this:

+ Romans 10:9-10 "That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved."

Paul wrote the letter to the Roman church. It’s is frequently referred to as the Romans road to salvation. They key takeaway here is that first you have to whole heartedly believe Christ is the son of God, died pure and without sin, was raised from the dead and is seated at the right hand of God. Then you must confess it with your mouth that you believe it all, 100%.

If you believe with your heart and confess with your mouth, you receive the gift of eternal life according to Paul.

One thing my father really enjoyed was Proverbs. There’s 31 chapters. One chapter for each day of the month is how he did it. Kept it up for years.

Also I dont have a Church or anything, not that any of us do right at the moment, so it's cool just to chat with some guys who know their stuff.

I've gotten some really solid info so far, and I am very happy that everyones helping out.

So I also found this site called BibleStudytools.com and its pretty cool bc it sends me notifications sometimes and sends random verses, in fact one that I asked about here was from a notification. So anyways yeah I really wanna put effort into improving my spirituality.

Todays Notification in case you are wondering:

Romans 5:5
, And hope does not put us to shame, bc God's love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.

I dont believe I have ever heard this verse before

Hey brother, so I know none of us physically have a church right now, but my church broadcasts online every Saturday and Sunday. It’s called Southeast Christian Church, you can google it. Our pastor is a younger guy, very educated and has a lot of high standing and experience. He delivers his messages very well and makes it so that anyone, regardless of biblical knowledge, can understand. You should check it out if you are so inclined

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not trolling at all, asking for interpretation and it seems we have some solid members that know there stuff.

I was hoping to hear some from you too. I just have alot of questions, my apologies if you guys have to dumb it down, but I am willing to bet many other guys here are in the same position as I.
What do you think Romans 10:9-10 means?

What do you think Romans 10:9-10 means?

Well if you believe Jesus was the son of God, and you genuinely believe it, then you will be forgiven of sins, right? But what confuses me, and forgive me for adding extra details is the Holy Spirit. The father, the son and the holy spirit. But then this confuses me, God is not Jesus, but is the Holy Spirit? They are 3 in one? He sent his son to Earth to basically die for our sins. So whats the difference. And I have heard people say they prayed to God, or they prayed to Jesus. Is there a difference?

Hey brother, so I know none of us physically have a church right now, but my church broadcasts online every Saturday and Sunday. It’s called Southeast Christian Church, you can google it. Our pastor is a younger guy, very educated and has a lot of high standing and experience. He delivers his messages very well and makes it so that anyone, regardless of biblical knowledge, can understand. You should check it out if you are so inclined

deal man, Im up to try that out. Someone else sent me an online version too and I watched about 10minutes. Thank you very much sir!

Off topic, another thing I have started to notice more and more, maybe bc Im older, but Hollywood, etc, just seems loaded with subliminal satanic or demonic references. It makes everything I have read even stand out more to me as legit.

It's sad bc some of my favorite things, or songs, when I see a reference then now it dims that movie or artist for me.

For instance in Breakfast club, theres a scene where if you aren't paying attention you wont see it. Bender (below) has a pin on his right glove, its the little white circle, and at one point in the movie, they zoom in on that pin and it says "NOT SAVED"...Now I have loved the movie for years, and I just now saw this, this week when watching the movie. Or the Teacher Richard Vernon throws up devil horns more then once.

breakfast-club-nelson.jpg

th

Also this Gorillaz song, at 2:09 look close at that sign, it says Salvation next exit, and then he avoids it. I never realized how much influence they try and push on kids and all of us. I can name many other examples, but its literally hidden in plain sight. I've really started to notice this more and more. Anyone else see this in literally everything these days?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tq7Ovshz1UI

Google the trinity. God, Holy Spirit, and Christ are separate individually but the 3 combined make up one entity-ish

Well if you believe Jesus was the son of God, and you genuinely believe it, then you will be forgiven of sins, right? But what confuses me, and forgive me for adding extra details is the Holy Spirit. The father, the son and the holy spirit. But then this confuses me, God is not Jesus, but is the Holy Spirit? They are 3 in one? He sent his son to Earth to basically die for our sins. So whats the difference. And I have heard people say they prayed to God, or they prayed to Jesus. Is there a difference?

---edit trim---

Anyone else see this in literally everything these days?

God, Jesus, Holy Spirit = the trinity. It's a simple and at the same time difficult to grasp concept. If you're praying to one, the rest know though. One mind, if you will. Even if you have a solid grasp on things, I'm sure your mind will still be blown when you get to heaven.

As far as the Hollywood/media/et al...most of them have zero clue one way or the other. Doing something "satanic" is just edgy in their opinion and done to stir up some noise. Having said that, just like that Out of the Shadows documentary, some are the most evil depraved people you will ever see. Here again, I'm sure our minds would be blown if we knew the truth of who and what.

deal man, Im up to try that out. Someone else sent me an online version too and I watched about 10minutes. Thank you very much sir!

Off topic, another thing I have started to notice more and more, maybe bc Im older, but Hollywood, etc, just seems loaded with subliminal satanic or demonic references. It makes everything I have read even stand out more to me as legit.

It's sad bc some of my favorite things, or songs, when I see a reference then now it dims that movie or artist for me.

For instance in Breakfast club, theres a scene where if you aren't paying attention you wont see it. Bender (below) has a pin on his right glove, its the little white circle, and at one point in the movie, they zoom in on that pin and it says "NOT SAVED"...Now I have loved the movie for years, and I just now saw this, this week when watching the movie. Or the Teacher Richard Vernon throws up devil horns more then once.

breakfast-club-nelson.jpg

th

Also this Gorillaz song, at 2:09 look close at that sign, it says Salvation next exit, and then he avoids it. I never realized how much influence they try and push on kids and all of us. I can name many other examples, but its literally hidden in plain sight. I've really started to notice this more and more. Anyone else see this in literally everything these days?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tq7Ovshz1UI

I’ve been seeing it for years especially in Disney movies! Satan is the ruler of this world so it makes sense that he controls much of Hollywood.

Get Shredded!
On another note. Matthew 18: 20 says where 2 or more are gathered I am with you. Now that might not be word for word but just look at this thread and you see 2 or more are gathered. Jesus is with us now as we try and reason out the word of God. Petty cool

Wesley,

The more you read the bible the more you will understand. If you've accepted Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior he will give you revelation of his word. Get into some end times Bible prophecy, it'll knock your socks off. It's so very relevant to life on this planet today. You'll see what I mean when you dive into it. Thank you for posting this thread. You're a good man, I honestly believe that. With the Holy Spirit at your side you would be a force to be reckoned with.

https://www.christiancourier.com/articles/192-is-it-appropriate-to-worship-jesus

https://www.christiancourier.com/articles/1102-is-the-holy-spirit-worthy-of-worship

https://www.christiancourier.com/articles/1488-biblical-doctrine-of-the-godhead-the

Wesley,

The more you read the bible the more you will understand. If you've accepted Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior he will give you revelation of his word. Get into some end times Bible prophecy, it'll knock your socks off. It's so very relevant to life on this planet today. You'll see what I mean when you dive into it. Thank you for posting this thread. You're a good man, I honestly believe that. With the Holy Spirit at your side you would be a force to be reckoned with.
My favorite response

Much love

My goal is to help save my bodybuilders. Every
Single one. And I need you all to help.

Much love sir🙏🙏

I know a few things about the Lord and his word, im in for this discussion,

Its hard to interpret sometimes and sometimes people read into it a bit to much and sometimes not enough,

In the end, it is all based on wether uve accepted Jesus as your Lord and savior and believe in his promises...

Faith is hard sometimes, and i think we all question God at times,

I for one, ask for forgiveness on a daily, even tho i know ive already been forgiven,

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Lathe crasher I know what you mean about your childhood sucking I too am a PK my dad is a Baptist preacher and so far a agree with everything for saying alot the bible. And when you are forced to read and believe the bible from a very young age you come away with a much different view and a deeper understanding of what the bible says. I'll keep reading this thread before I put my 2 cents in but I have alot of opinions on this and will definitely get involved with this conversation I love to see what others views on religion are.

Oh I relate. I got kicked out of Sunday school because since my dad was the pastor he made us all go to church everytime the doors were open. Well one time when I was about 16 me and my buddies stayed up all night drinking and when morning came I had to make It to church so my dad wouldn't kick my ass. So I made my buddies drive me their. Well the youth pastor at that time could tell me and my friend was wasted so he asked us to leave his class so we did but we I was so drunk off the Jim beam I was drinking all night I decided to tell everyone in church they were all hypocrites and swear at everyone until my dad drug me out and made my sister drive me home..... needles to say I was never told I had to make it to church after that lol..... and yes i would use those tithe envolopes for drawing and writing songs on. Crazy ass childhood lol

One thing my father really enjoyed was Proverbs. There’s 31 chapters. One chapter for each day of the month is how he did it. Kept it up for years.
I've done this many many times. Proverbs was wrote by the wisest man on earth besides Jesus. If you want to know everything there is to know about life Solomon is the guy to hear it from. I love the passage in ecclesiastes where he just realizes that everything that happens will happen repeatedly and everyday is the same no matter how you try to change it what is supposed to happen will happen the way it is supposed to happen. Idk why but that verse speaks to me like no other because I had that same realization when I was a very young kid and when I read this as a adult i didnt feel so alone like i was the only one that realized the monotony of lifes soft parade. The verse reads like this.
“The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.”

the holy trinity is a hard thing to grasp kind of like trying to grasp the concept of what was happening before God created everything or if you dont believe creation what was happening before the "big bang" aka creation. Genesis is one of my favorite books because it gives us a glimps at life before the flood and allows us a brief look into the past that we so desperately try to understand. one thing i still ask myself to this day is what is a flaming sword that spins in all directions. because when God kicked adam and eve out of the garden of eden he put a angel called a cherubim at the gate to guard it with a flaming sword that spins in all directions so if we can find out what that is we can find the garden of eden. the bible gives a good detailed description of where it was located before the flood. it says the garden comes together where 4 rivers meet which most think 2 of them were the tigris and the euphrates so all we need to do is find the other 2 mentioned and then find the flaming sword that spins in all directions and we found the beggining of mankind. whos in?!?

as far as trying to explain the holy trinity for the sake of my own sanity I choose to look at it like this. there are three yous and by that i mean there is a me myself and I. that is my trinity and in that we have the me that everyone around me sees and knows then we have the myself which could be looked at as your spirit the part of you that communicates with God or the spiritual things in life. then there is I which would be you as a conscience that chooses to speak to God and be spiritual and chooses what everyone around you sees about you. now we have three separate parts of you but they are all the same just like there are three parts of GOD but they are all really just the same thing.you cant have one without the others. I know this might not make a lot of since to a lot of people but i have a different way of looking at a lot of things in life that most people dont really understand until they live it for themselves. understanding comes from within it isnt given to you! but when you do have understanding with that comes knowledge and when you have knowledge that means you know something and for everything you know you are held accountable for thus the saying ignorance is a bliss so be careful what you ask to know because it might not always be what you want to find out and when you do find it out it then becomes your responsibility to do what you know is right. sorry for rambling on its hard to get my thoughts out when typing

IML Gear Cream!
Even Billy Graham said he didn't understand the trinity but he believed it. There are things we are meant to understand and then there are things we will understand later. Before I read the bible I ask God to give me understanding of what I am going to read. The bible says that anything you ask in jesus name that aligns with Gods will will be given to you. So I believe that understanding Gods word would be in Gods purpose

Thanks for sharing the info above.

Def gonna look around and take some time today to read up a bit. Ill post up what I end up reading or if I have some new questions.

Even Billy Graham said he didn't understand the trinity but he believed it. There are things we are meant to understand and then there are things we will understand later. Before I read the bible I ask God to give me understanding of what I am going to read. The bible says that anything you ask in jesus name that aligns with Gods will will be given to you. So I believe that understanding Gods word would be in Gods purpose

Billy Graham is one of the most powerful speakers ever. As a kid, I hated when his week long crusade shows came on tv and wrecked my usual Gilligan's Island, etc. When I got older and started reading the word, I realized how good his message was. And to me, most of his sermons were non-denominational. You could appreciate them regardless of whatever devout xyz religion you belonged to. He did a very good job of sticking to the word.

Read most of Judges today.

Anyone else here ever read it?

I found it very interesting that God would allow other Armies or Kings I guess you would call them to take over Israel for short periods of time, and then when they repented he would literally bless one individual, or I guess you call it align with one individual to lead them to take Israel back. And this seems to have repeated over and over and over.

I found it very interesting that God would allow other Armies or Kings I guess you would call them to take over Israel for short periods of time, and then when they repented he would literally bless one individual, or I guess you call it align with one individual to lead them to take Israel back. And this seems to have repeated over and over and over.

I've talked this over with other people. Stretch it out to modern times and think about the holocaust and WW2. Do you think God still lets them be persecuted? Do you think He still lets them struggle so they'll have a "come to Jesus" moment in their lives?

Thru out the old testament the Israelites refuse to go to their holy land home. They fight going there and want to settle for less or outside it. It's really interesting

Subbed. Glad you started this thread. It will take me a minute to get through the posts but looking forward to faithful discussion.

Common theme of Judges:
Everyone did what was right in his own eyes.
Sounds like where we are at now as a society.

Judges is a good read. I like the idea that God can use anyone to shape our lives. And yes I still believe God is using any and all means to reach Israel

Back