Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,788 Posts
    Rep Points

Sad to see the thread turn this way. What would be cool if those who don't have a belief in the Bible just let those of us who do chat about it.

No harm was done here. I didn't try and convince anyone to change their beliefs.

I just have alot of questions I want answered. And I use my 23 years of experience, medical background and variety of other experiences to help others seek answers in endocrinology, bodybuilding, and I don't say I wont help you bc ur athiest, or you voted for Hillary. I will give you the shirt off my back regardless.. So with all due respect to those of you who don't believe, or disagree with "religion", I would appreciate it if you would let my thread continue so that I can learn what I want to learn without disrupting my thread. Thank you.

My next question for those of you guys who are helping.

What was the whole point of Job. I read that book and he lost everything including his family. What was the point of making an example out of him?? Why would this be allowed to happen. Is it possible this is allowed to happen to us? And if so, why?

Arnold
    ADMINISTRATOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,746 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by WesleyInman View Post
    Sad to see the thread turn this way. What would be cool if those who don't have a belief in the Bible just let those of us who do chat about it.

No harm was done here. I didn't try and convince anyone to change their beliefs.

I just have alot of questions I want answered. And I use my 23 years of experience, medical background and variety of other experiences to help others seek answers in endocrinology, bodybuilding, and I don't say I wont help you bc ur athiest, or you voted for Hillary. I will give you the shirt off my back regardless.. So with all due respect to those of you who don't believe, or disagree with "religion", I would appreciate it if you would let my thread continue so that I can learn what I want to learn without disrupting my thread. Thank you.

What was the whole point of Job. I read that book and he lost everything including his family. What was the point of making an example out of him?? Why would this be allowed to happen. Is it possible this is allowed to happen to us? And if so, why?
    I did not mean to offend you or anyone's beliefs, but this is the Pit and not a Christian forum.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,533 Posts
    Rep Points

With the topic being the Bible it was bound to go sideways sooner or later.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    526 Posts
    Rep Points

The Book of Job helps us to understand the following: Satan cannot bring financial and physical destruction upon us unless it is by Godís permission. God has power over what Satan can and cannot do. It is beyond our human ability to understand the "whyís" behind all the suffering in the world. The wicked will receive their just dues. We cannot always blame suffering and sin on our lifestyles. Suffering may sometimes be allowed in our lives to purify, test, teach, or strengthen the soul. God remains enough, and He deserves and requests our love and praise in all circumstances of life.

Satan made a deal with God that he could make Job curse God and lose his faith in him. Satan was granted permission to cause all kinds of suffering like leprosy I believe and the loss of everything. Job never broke and was granted I think 10xs the riches in livestock, land etc because his faith stood tall and strong...

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,788 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by The Admin View Post
    I did not mean to offend you or anyone's beliefs, but this is the Pit and not a Christian forum.
    You never offend me. We are very close friends, and i know you know that. I have no issue with your dissent,I just hope the forum in general allows me to ask my questions and get answers.

I didn't make the thread to argue with close friends or people I don't know. I truly made this to get some answers. I can't say I can turn anywhere else to ask these questions. I don't know anyone I know.

Thank you for allowing me to post my post on your forum and not censor it. That means alot to me. FB would ban me for this LOL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Rep Points

There's a few good books on astrophysics and "who made god" that are interesting ... I'm not religious per se (but do believe in a higher order) ... and the mathematics of the creation is interesting no matter the side you choose.

PIT POSSE SOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    716 Posts
    Rep Points

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by E.J.D View Post
    The Book of Job helps us to understand the following: Satan cannot bring financial and physical destruction upon us unless it is by Godís permission. God has power over what Satan can and cannot do. It is beyond our human ability to understand the "whyís" behind all the suffering in the world. The wicked will receive their just dues. We cannot always blame suffering and sin on our lifestyles. Suffering may sometimes be allowed in our lives to purify, test, teach, or strengthen the soul. God remains enough, and He deserves and requests our love and praise in all circumstances of life.

Satan made a deal with God that he could make Job curse God and lose his faith in him. Satan was granted permission to cause all kinds of suffering like leprosy I believe and the loss of everything. Job never broke and was granted I think 10xs the riches in livestock, land etc because his faith stood tall and strong...
    This was well put. Even satan had to get permission from God to test job.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts
    Rep Points

Job pisses me off. Why the hell would god make a bet with the devil and allow his loyal and faithful servant be stripped of his childrenís lives. God is an asshole for that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts
    Rep Points

You never offend me. We are very close friends, and i know you know that. I have no issue with your dissent,I just hope the forum in general allows me to ask my questions and get answers.

I didn't make the thread to argue with close friends or people I don't know. I truly made this to get some answers. I can't say I can turn anywhere else to ask these questions. I don't know anyone I know.

Thank you for allowing me to post my post on your forum and not censor it. That means alot to me. FB would ban me for this LOL.
    I'm glad you decided to read and try to understand the bible. I've been trying for years to understand more and each day I do.we won't fully understand everything until we get to heaven and most of the questions we have now probably won't even matter then . Thank you for this thread it helps me to learn while trying to help you. Kind of like iron sharpens iron

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,571 Posts
    Rep Points

That is what a person does when they cannot debate someone, a personal attack. Another component of studying Philosophy is something called logic and critical thinking.
    Calling Christians ignorant isnít an insult and neither is calling me an ignorant for reducing homosexuality to a sex type thing. Go listen to some more tekishi 69 bro. I canít debate you because you are far superior in intelligence than Iíll ever be. You have expensive degrees that prove it.

how much you charge for a session bro? Same as monthly rent for AAS sponsors, right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,571 Posts
    Rep Points

Here is a better question, why does anyone give a shit if two guys or two girls love each other?
    Why the fuck are people so concerned with what other people do with their lives?
    pretty sure you brought it up bro, so you obviously care. I was just pointing out that just cuz dogs hump everything in sight doesnít mean it should be generally accepted as ok for humans. Thatís all. I mean, I donít care personally. But you brought it up. And you brought it up because YOU wanted to talk about it.

Arnold
    ADMINISTRATOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,746 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Milford King View Post
    pretty sure you brought it up bro, so you obviously care. I was just pointing out that just cuz dogs hump everything in sight doesnít mean it should be generally accepted as ok for humans. Thatís all. I mean, I donít care personally. But you brought it up. And you brought it up because YOU wanted to talk about it.
    I did not bring it up, nor do I want to talk about it cause I honestly don't care how people choose to live their lives as long as they're not hurting others.

Arnold
    ADMINISTRATOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,746 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Milford King View Post
    Calling Christians ignorant isnít an insult and neither is calling me an ignorant for reducing homosexuality to a sex type thing. Go listen to some more tekishi 69 bro. I canít debate you because you are far superior in intelligence than Iíll ever be. You have expensive degrees that prove it.

how much you charge for a session bro? Same as monthly rent for AAS sponsors, right?
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion and my opinion is that following a religion and thinking that it defies science is ignorant.

There is nothing wrong with having faith (a belief in something), but don't mistake that for reality or science.

We all post scientific studies here and yet we are going to ignore science when it comes to god and religion?

If you believing in a magical man in the sky, earth is only 6,000 years old, heaven and hell all makes you sleep better at night, then all the power to you.

The only beliefs I studied in college that appealed to me and made sense were Taoism and Buddhism, neither which are actually religions.