Page 5 of 54 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Bible Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    619 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Lathe Crasher View Post
    But I’ll give you a glimpse of the locust. They’re Apache helicopters IMO. If prophecy is fulfilled, we’re pretty close.
    That could very well be. I'm going in another direction. Locust could very well be drones. If you watch the movie angel has fallen packs of drones come buzzing thru the air and try to kill the president. That's how I picture locust coming thru 1000's at a time destroying everything in sight. Just my opinion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    619 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by so1970 View Post
    Salvation is when we accept jesus as lord and savior. Baptism is the public acknowledgement of your conversion. On now. The fear of the lord is wisdom is probably the verse you are referring to the lord God is our creator and therefore we should be in awe of him. GOD WANTS OUR WORSHIP. BUT HE GAVE US free will because he wants us to choose to worship him. My break is over gotta go ...really enjoying this thread
    Correct. Usually the baptism is a water baptism. It symbolises the washing away of sins. Then there's the baptism of the holy spirit as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Rep Points

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...Y2ijj1OAQvHI2l

If you want to learn about revelation, or many others books of the bible for that matter, I suggest watching this guy's videos.

The link above is the revelation playlist but there are more.

Community Veteran
    ADMINISTRATOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,253 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by so1970 View Post
    I think the chapter and verse you are looking for is 1 thessalonians 4:16 4:17. The the lord will decend onto the clouds with a shout and the trump of the arch angel the dead shall rise first then we who are left alive will be caught up to meet with him in the air
    I wanted Wes to think about my questions because the word rapture does not exist in scripture and certainly is not in Revelation. I think folks accept ideas without knowing the text. However I do agree that a similar concept is in scripture.

All posts are for entertainment and may contain fiction. Consult a medical doctor before using any medications or supplements. Heavyiron does not advocate any illegal activity.
    Read the Rules Please

Stuck in hell currently clawing my way out !!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    464 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by WesleyInman View Post
    Great info, I read each post. Minds kinda blown. The whole helicopter thing is super cool, bc Ive never heard it, but I can say as far as symbolism, it makes sense.

2 new questions from my readings:

1) What is the difference between Salvation and Baptism? Are they one in the same? Required?

2) I have read a few verses that speak of "fear of God". But I find it hard to believe we are supposed to be physically afraid of the Creator. So what does this mean when we see this terminology.
    To fear God is to respect God its not meant to be literally afraid of our God

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,021 Posts
    Rep Points

Great info, I read each post. Minds kinda blown. The whole helicopter thing is super cool, bc Ive never heard it, but I can say as far as symbolism, it makes sense.

2 new questions from my readings:

1) What is the difference between Salvation and Baptism? Are they one in the same? Required?

2) I have read a few verses that speak of "fear of God". But I find it hard to believe we are supposed to be physically afraid of the Creator. So what does this mean when we see this terminology.
    1) Thief on the cross didn't get baptized obviously, but was offered salvation. Having said that, Jesus was baptized. Both are important, but in their own way. I'll let you read for yourself and gather your own info. Again, go to the source. Not someone else's opinions on what it means.

2) Remember, scripture has been translated. The "fear" mentioned there is similar to the respect we would have for our earthly fathers. Of course, there are a lot of poor examples for earthly dads, but you get the point.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    586 Posts
    Rep Points

Ok so I have a Bible. (got it in Prison actually) and it's King James Version

Wondering if we can get a thread going in here. You don't have to be religious, I wouldn't say I am, but I do believe in God, and I do think this is a super valuable book. The last books I read were 48 laws of Power and Art of Seduction both by Robert Greene and they were amazing

So I'm gonna start reading 10-15minutes a day again, bc to be quite honest, this lockdown is making me lose my mind. And I need to get some structure back in my life.

So anyways,we have some solid experts on this forum. From lockpicking, to meds, to computer hacking to mechanics, etc, etc.

You get what I am saying

Is there anyone here who is an expert in say theology, or hermeneutics or even Philosophy?

I'd like to bounce some questions off you guys, re: Interpretation
    . I have read the Bible in the past and I don't understand much of it.

If anyone else is in on this venture, feel free to join me. It is one of the greatest books I have read, but it has been a decade since I read it.

So I am in need of assistance!

Thanks!
    I’ve read a great deal of the Bible, and am pretty religious as a Christian, so I’d be more than happy to help you understand anything that I can!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    455 Posts
    Rep Points

Great thread - already confused - but hoping I can pick something up to apply to everyday life -Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Rep Points

Fear means respect for both kinds of fathers,but especially "THE" heavenly one,imo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Rep Points

Not judging anyone,but have to say shocked Wes has been to the crossbar Hilton.Happens to the best of us.Go Wes!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts
    Rep Points

^^^^ first day on the job

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts
    Rep Points

To me "fear of God" translates to something more along the lines of "healthy respect for."

An example might be something like the ocean. Its vast and powerful, and if you find yourself not respecting that or thinking you are more powerful than it, you may find yourself humbled very quickly if you are pulled out to sea by a strong current or pushed under by a large wave.

Does this mean people are afraid of the ocean and avoid it? Nope. Just look at how many people are drawn near to the ocean. Go to a beach and youll find people laying out soaking up the sun and listening to the waves crash. Youll see surfers riding its waves. Photographers sitting behind tripods trying to capture its beauty. Couples walking up and down the waters edge holding hands. A lot of those people would probably tell you the ocean brings them a lot of peace and joy.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Arnold
    ADMINISTRATOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,109 Posts
    Rep Points

I don't want to offend anyone but I don't understand how anyone of intelligence follows a religion.
    PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS

HOT BABES GALLERY

Arnold
    ADMINISTRATOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,109 Posts
    Rep Points

PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS

HOT BABES GALLERY

Arnold