Thread: Bible Thread

Community Veteran
    ADMINISTRATOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,118 Posts
    Rep Points

Israel is the prophetic time clock. Always watch what is going on there to understand prophesy.

Rabbi Sam Bregman: Jewish High Holidays during pandemic will be different, but hold timeless message for all

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/jewi...bi-sam-bregman

Community Veteran
    ADMINISTRATOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,118 Posts
    Rep Points

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,587 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by heavyiron View Post
    do they sell them on dvd?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts
    Rep Points

1 peter 2:9

Community Veteran
    ADMINISTRATOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,118 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Milford King View Post
    do they sell them on dvd?
    DVD and Blu-Ray

https://studios.vidangel.com/the-cho.../season-1-disc

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,798 Posts
    Rep Points

Started this chapter today:

Daniel 3

New International Version

The Image of Gold and the Blazing Furnace

3 King Nebuchadnezzar made an image of gold, sixty cubits high and six cubits wide,[a] and set it up on the plain of Dura in the province of Babylon. 2 He then summoned the satraps, prefects, governors, advisers, treasurers, judges, magistrates and all the other provincial officials to come to the dedication of the image he had set up. 3 So the satraps, prefects, governors, advisers, treasurers, judges, magistrates and all the other provincial officials assembled for the dedication of the image that King Nebuchadnezzar had set up, and they stood before it.
    4 Then the herald loudly proclaimed, “Nations and peoples of every language, this is what you are commanded to do: 5 As soon as you hear the sound of the horn, flute, zither, lyre, harp, pipe and all kinds of music, you must fall down and worship the image of gold that King Nebuchadnezzar has set up. 6 Whoever does not fall down and worship will immediately be thrown into a blazing furnace.”
    7 Therefore, as soon as they heard the sound of the horn, flute, zither, lyre, harp and all kinds of music, all the nations and peoples of every language fell down and worshiped the image of gold that King Nebuchadnezzar had set up.
    8 At this time some astrologers[b] came forward and denounced the Jews. 9 They said to King Nebuchadnezzar, “May the king live forever! 10 Your Majesty has issued a decree that everyone who hears the sound of the horn, flute, zither, lyre, harp, pipe and all kinds of music must fall down and worship the image of gold, 11 and that whoever does not fall down and worship will be thrown into a blazing furnace. 12 But there are some Jews whom you have set over the affairs of the province of Babylon—Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego—who pay no attention to you, Your Majesty. They neither serve your gods nor worship the image of gold you have set up.”
    13 Furious with rage, Nebuchadnezzar summoned Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego. So these men were brought before the king, 14 and Nebuchadnezzar said to them, “Is it true, Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego, that you do not serve my gods or worship the image of gold I have set up? 15 Now when you hear the sound of the horn, flute, zither, lyre, harp, pipe and all kinds of music, if you are ready to fall down and worship the image I made, very good. But if you do not worship it, you will be thrown immediately into a blazing furnace. Then what god will be able to rescue you from my hand?”
    16 Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego replied to him, “King Nebuchadnezzar, we do not need to defend ourselves before you in this matter. 17 If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to deliver us from it, and he will deliver us[c] from Your Majesty’s hand. 18 But even if he does not, we want you to know, Your Majesty, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up.”
    19 Then Nebuchadnezzar was furious with Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego, and his attitude toward them changed. He ordered the furnace heated seven times hotter than usual 20 and commanded some of the strongest soldiers in his army to tie up Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego and throw them into the blazing furnace. 21 So these men, wearing their robes, trousers, turbans and other clothes, were bound and thrown into the blazing furnace. 22 The king’s command was so urgent and the furnace so hot that the flames of the fire killed the soldiers who took up Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego, 23 and these three men, firmly tied, fell into the blazing furnace.
    24 Then King Nebuchadnezzar leaped to his feet in amazement and asked his advisers, “Weren’t there three men that we tied up and threw into the fire?”
    They replied, “Certainly, Your Majesty.”
    25 He said, “Look! I see four men walking around in the fire, unbound and unharmed, and the fourth looks like a son of the gods.”

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts
    Rep Points

I would like to know that my faith was that strong. But I'm thankful that we live in a country where we are free to Express our beliefs without persecution. I'm also not sure how many more years that will be true

Community Veteran
    ADMINISTRATOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,118 Posts
    Rep Points

John 1

New King James Version

The Eternal Word

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not [a]comprehend it.

John’s Witness: The True Light

6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. 7 This man came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all through him might believe. 8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light. 9 That[b] was the true Light which gives light to every man coming into the world.
    10 He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him. 11 He came to His [c]own, and His [d]own did not receive Him. 12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the [e]right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: 13 who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

The Word Becomes Flesh

14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.
    15 John bore witness of Him and cried out, saying, “This was He of whom I said, ‘He who comes after me [f]is preferred before me, for He was before me.’ ”
    16 [g]And of His fullness we have all received, and grace for grace. 17 For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. 18 No one has seen God at any time. The only begotten [h]Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him.

vs 1, 14 and 18 are powerful but I posted the context

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts
    Rep Points

Today was the national prayer walk. Our country needs to turn back to the lord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,587 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by so1970 View Post
    Today was the national prayer walk. Our country needs to turn back to the lord
    be a better place, that’s for sure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,665 Posts
    Rep Points

Proverbs 31:6
    New King James Version
    Give strong drink to him who is perishing,
    And wine to those who are bitter of heart.

Other translations have "who is ready to die" in place of perishing.

Thoughts? Is it acceptable to cheer up a saint with alcohol?

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,798 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Multislacking View Post
    New King James Version

I don't see it as an issue but the thing is alcohol being a depressant, I don't see it helping per say?

Maybe dulling pain, and the situation?

I have no issue with people consuming alcohol, though I do think it possesses addictive qualities, and can be very dangerous. It has more medical complications then any other drug in the World.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    532 Posts
    Rep Points

New King James Version

I'm a different wired guy. I've only had 4 alcohol drinks my entire life. Been straight edge before it was cool lol. So my outlook my be completely different than the majority.

I think it could be ok to take a saint out for a drink if they are having a rough go with life. But there could be a issue if the person and their brain equate having a drink with feeling better about the world. Then start needing the feeling of relief via drinks then end up in a downward spiral. That's an extreme case but I've seen it happen a few times in my life. So depends on the person.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts
    Rep Points

Proverbs 31 was a list of things king lemuel had learned from his mother. The point of 31 :6 wasn't about the giving of wine and beer to the sick or depressed. It was her telling him that as a leader of the people he should keep himself from strong drink.

Community Veteran
    ADMINISTRATOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,118 Posts
    Rep Points

New King James Version

Reminds me of when Christ was offered wine and gall on the cross. What did he do?