• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Bible Thread

Get Shredded!
But I’ll give you a glimpse of the locust. They’re Apache helicopters IMO. If prophecy is fulfilled, we’re pretty close.

That could very well be. I'm going in another direction. Locust could very well be drones. If you watch the movie angel has fallen packs of drones come buzzing thru the air and try to kill the president. That's how I picture locust coming thru 1000's at a time destroying everything in sight. Just my opinion

Salvation is when we accept jesus as lord and savior. Baptism is the public acknowledgement of your conversion. On now. The fear of the lord is wisdom is probably the verse you are referring to the lord God is our creator and therefore we should be in awe of him. GOD WANTS OUR WORSHIP. BUT HE GAVE US free will because he wants us to choose to worship him. My break is over gotta go ...really enjoying this thread

Correct. Usually the baptism is a water baptism. It symbolises the washing away of sins. Then there's the baptism of the holy spirit as well.

I think the chapter and verse you are looking for is 1 thessalonians 4:16 4:17. The the lord will decend onto the clouds with a shout and the trump of the arch angel the dead shall rise first then we who are left alive will be caught up to meet with him in the air
I wanted Wes to think about my questions because the word rapture does not exist in scripture and certainly is not in Revelation. I think folks accept ideas without knowing the text. However I do agree that a similar concept is in scripture.

Great info, I read each post. Minds kinda blown. The whole helicopter thing is super cool, bc Ive never heard it, but I can say as far as symbolism, it makes sense.

2 new questions from my readings:

1) What is the difference between Salvation and Baptism? Are they one in the same? Required?

2) I have read a few verses that speak of "fear of God". But I find it hard to believe we are supposed to be physically afraid of the Creator. So what does this mean when we see this terminology.

To fear God is to respect God its not meant to be literally afraid of our God

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great info, I read each post. Minds kinda blown. The whole helicopter thing is super cool, bc Ive never heard it, but I can say as far as symbolism, it makes sense.

2 new questions from my readings:

1) What is the difference between Salvation and Baptism? Are they one in the same? Required?

2) I have read a few verses that speak of "fear of God". But I find it hard to believe we are supposed to be physically afraid of the Creator. So what does this mean when we see this terminology.

1) Thief on the cross didn't get baptized obviously, but was offered salvation. Having said that, Jesus was baptized. Both are important, but in their own way. I'll let you read for yourself and gather your own info. Again, go to the source. Not someone else's opinions on what it means.

2) Remember, scripture has been translated. The "fear" mentioned there is similar to the respect we would have for our earthly fathers. Of course, there are a lot of poor examples for earthly dads, but you get the point.

Ok so I have a Bible. (got it in Prison actually) and it's King James Version

Wondering if we can get a thread going in here. You don't have to be religious, I wouldn't say I am, but I do believe in God, and I do think this is a super valuable book. The last books I read were 48 laws of Power and Art of Seduction both by Robert Greene and they were amazing

So I'm gonna start reading 10-15minutes a day again, bc to be quite honest, this lockdown is making me lose my mind. And I need to get some structure back in my life.

So anyways,we have some solid experts on this forum. From lockpicking, to meds, to computer hacking to mechanics, etc, etc.

You get what I am saying

Is there anyone here who is an expert in say theology, or hermeneutics or even Philosophy?

I'd like to bounce some questions off you guys, re: Interpretation
. I have read the Bible in the past and I don't understand much of it.

If anyone else is in on this venture, feel free to join me. It is one of the greatest books I have read, but it has been a decade since I read it.

So I am in need of assistance!

Thanks!

I’ve read a great deal of the Bible, and am pretty religious as a Christian, so I’d be more than happy to help you understand anything that I can!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fear means respect for both kinds of fathers,but especially "THE" heavenly one,imo

Not judging anyone,but have to say shocked Wes has been to the crossbar Hilton.Happens to the best of us.Go Wes!

To me "fear of God" translates to something more along the lines of "healthy respect for."

An example might be something like the ocean. Its vast and powerful, and if you find yourself not respecting that or thinking you are more powerful than it, you may find yourself humbled very quickly if you are pulled out to sea by a strong current or pushed under by a large wave.

Does this mean people are afraid of the ocean and avoid it? Nope. Just look at how many people are drawn near to the ocean. Go to a beach and youll find people laying out soaking up the sun and listening to the waves crash. Youll see surfers riding its waves. Photographers sitting behind tripods trying to capture its beauty. Couples walking up and down the waters edge holding hands. A lot of those people would probably tell you the ocean brings them a lot of peace and joy.

Hopefully that makes sense.

I don't want to offend anyone but I don't understand how anyone of intelligence follows a religion.

I don't want to offend anyone but I don't understand how anyone of intelligence follows a religion.
The bible is nothing more than the first novel ever written. Think about some of the following:
Christ was so popular but nothing of his was ever saved?
Moses parted an entire sea?
Jews roamed the dessert for 40 years. What did they eat and drink?
The earth was created 6000 years ago says the bible but there is proof that the earth is over 10 million year old
How did Noah's family repopulate the entire planet?
The bible claims gays will burn in hell but we all know A.Font is going to heaven.
To much to list. I'm a believer in God and Jesus but someone just fine tuned the story

The bible is nothing more than the first novel ever written. Think about some of the following:
Christ was so popular but nothing of his was ever saved?
Moses parted an entire sea?
Jews roamed the dessert for 40 years. What did they eat and drink?
The earth was created 6000 years ago says the bible but there is proof that the earth is over 10 million year old
How did Noah's family repopulate the entire planet?
The bible claims gays will burn in hell but we all know A.Font is going to heaven.
To much to list. I'm a believer in God and Jesus but someone just fine tuned the story

I believe Jesus Christ existed, he was just like a Martin Luther King. He was killed because the ironic thing is Jesus did not believe in church or religion.

I believe in science and science tells us that the earth is 4.5 billion years old, not 6,000 years old.

Homosexuality is prevalent in almost every animal species.

Religions were created to control people, instill the fear of "god".

The Christian bible is all metaphorical, not to be taken literally. No different than the story of the boy who cried wolf. Furthermore, the bible has been translated so many times the true meaning of the stories have been lost. One of my majors in college was Philosophy and I studied religions and many other subjects, so I am not talking out of my ass.

First i do believe there is something outside of our world which we do not understand. Now to upset some people. Debating religion should not piss people off but it does.

I have many questions for example...Is there a single god to us?? Maybe?? Could it be some teenage girl playing sims on a computer?? Maybe? I find that more likely than god creating the heavens and earth in 6 days then later to help out Adam and make him a woman out of his rib. Some of the faith you need to believe in the bible are just hard me to have.
My common sense tells me that there probably was a great flood in history. I imagine a farmer probably built a boat to save his sheep but over thousands of years its slowly changed into Noah saving all of the animals on earth.

I look at the bible as a way to proceed through life. I have so many issues with the bible being factual. All of the books are written long after everyone in the books lived. As we know any stories handed down get changed over time especially when told verbally. Tell me if I'm wrong but wasn't it Constantine that started most of what Christian's live by today. Christmas, Easter, etc, etc. I dont understand how they could not even get important dates correct. Why did they take so many dates from Norse Paganism?

I feel like people have used religion for the wrong purpose. The purpose of control money and power over the people. In my younger years I went to church every Sunday with most of what seemed like a bunch of hippocrates that thought they were better than others. I need to find a church that has honest people and can make sense of what is in the bible to me. I do not want a church that says you just have to believe or else!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Get Shredded!
First i do believe there is something outside of our world which we do not understand.

I also believe in a higher power, but religions were created by humans to control other humans.

Christians say if you don't believe in Jesus Christ you're going to "hell". So I guess the billions of people who believe in other religion's are all wrong and are going to hell. Okay that makes sense. According to Christians as long as you accept Jesus as your savior you are forgiven of all your sins and you're going to "heaven".

So if I go murder 10 people and then suddenly accept Jesus as my lord and savior I am now going to heaven? :funny:

Again I am not trying to offend anyone, but how can a person of intelligence believe such nonsense?

So to your ‘homosexuality exists in almost every living species’ argument.... I don’t see dogs building rocket ships, airplanes or computers. Maybe we could rise above the “they’re doing it so we should be allowed to do it”...

on the flip side, I don’t see dogs bitching about incorrect pronouns or making millions of dollars rapping about money, drugs, sluts and throwing gang signs to there homies either.... so maybe were not above that yet either.

science proves nothing, it only supports hypothesis’. Faith my friends, I like the idea of spending eternity in paradise with my loved ones... so imma keep da faith bro!

plus, I got nothing to lose and everything to gain. If I’m wrong in my belief in God and Jesus and the Bible then I’m no worse for ware (wear? Not sure which word to use there.... or is it their? Ugh fuck English and all you grammar Nazis)

but y’all are entitled to your opinion on faith, as am I. That’s the beautiful thing about living in the US, right?

Sounds like some of you guys are the “cramming for finals” type. Lol

So to your ‘homosexuality exists in almost every living species’ argument.... I don’t see dogs building rocket ships, airplanes or computers. Maybe we could rise above the “they’re doing it so we should be allowed to do it”...

on the flip side, I don’t see dogs bitching about incorrect pronouns or making millions of dollars rapping about money, drugs, sluts and throwing gang signs to there homies either.... so maybe were not above that yet either.

science proves nothing, it only supports hypothesis’. Faith my friends, I like the idea of spending eternity in paradise with my loved ones... so imma keep da faith bro!

plus, I got nothing to lose and everything to gain. If I’m wrong in my belief in God and Jesus and the Bible then I’m no worse for ware (wear? Not sure which word to use there.... or is it their? Ugh fuck English and all you grammar Nazis)

but y’all are entitled to your opinion on faith, as am I. That’s the beautiful thing about living in the US, right?

Oh so you don't believe in science, or you only believe in science when it's convenient? Faith is a belief, nothing more.

I believe Jesus Christ existed, he was just like a Martin Luther King. He was killed because the ironic thing is Jesus did not believe in church or religion.

I believe in science and science tells us that the earth is 4.5 billion years old, not 6,000 years old.

Homosexuality is prevalent in almost every animal species.

Religions were created to control people, instill the fear of "god".

The Christian bible is all metaphorical, not to be taken literally. No different than the story of the boy who cried wolf. Furthermore, the bible has been translated so many times the true meaning of the stories have been lost. One of my majors in college was Philosophy and I studied religions and many other subjects, so I am not talking out of my ass.
The gay joke was directed at A.Font and is not written any where in the bible it was meant for a laugh. As far as what a man's or woman's sexual preference is I'm alright with that.

The funny thing about homosexuality is that back in Greek Roman days it was socially accepted, it was religions that condemned it. So now we get into the argument is being homosexual a choice or are you born that way? Do you really think people just say hey I think I am going to be attracted to the same sex now? If that is what you think you're ignorant.

Oh so you don't believe in science, or you only believe in science when it's convenient? Faith is a belief, nothing more.

Define “Believe” and “science”.

you basically said any man who chooses to follow Christianity is unintelligent. I was only adding to your claim, that science, proves nothing. It, however, can be used to support hypothesis.

also, whose “science” do you believe in exactly? Because we know how agendas can change results.

but I work in R and D. I do “science” daily. I studied astronomy in college as well.

I cannot “prove” my monotheistic ideaology any more than you can disprove it. But, I wouldn’t say you are ignorant because you can’t see the forest for the tree.

The funny thing about homosexuality is that back in Greek Roman days it was socially accepted, it was religions that condemned it. So now we get into the argument is being homosexual a choice or are you born that way? Do you really think people just say hey I think I am going to be attracted to the same sex now?

well.... yes, you choose to stick your dick in another guys butthole. It’s literally a choice. It’s not like you are compelled through magnetic attraction and you just fall in a butthole.

I also don’t care what people choose to do. The Greeks and romans also fucked kids. And there empires exist no more.

Define “Believe” and “science”.

you basically said any man who chooses to follow Christianity is unintelligent. I was only adding to your claim, that science, proves nothing. It, however, can be used to support hypothesis.

also, whose “science” do you believe in exactly? Because we know how agendas can change results.

but I work in R and D. I do “science” daily. I studied astronomy in college as well.

I cannot “prove” my monotheistic ideaology any more than you can disprove it. But, I wouldn’t say you are ignorant because you can’t see the forest for the tree.

Well I guess the basic definition of science is empirical evidence, otherwise it is just belief or theory. Did you go to college?

And the pit has come out to play lol

It’s not my place to judge gays... you played the “ I saw a boy dog hump a boy dog once so nobody should feel weird about boy humans humping each other” card.... and well I had to respond with my own rhetoric on how I don’t care but.... homosexuality is contradictory to evolution so maybe there is a God, and maybe free will and lack of will power are real things.

Back