Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Bible Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Lathe Crasher View Post
    One could get saved in the tribulation but who’d preach it? They’ve already been deemed “left behind” probably won’t be more than the 144 @EJD this could be a very interesting thread...

edit- whoever finds a bible and believes it then whiteness, for Christ I guess.
    As easy as it is now I believe that it will be much more difficult during the tribulation the bible says that in those days they will be made to believe the lie. I believe that if you heard the salvation message and rejected him before the tribulation that you won't receive salvation during that time. The bible tells about a hardened heart. Also we are in a time now for the gentiles. The tribulation is the 7th week of Daniel and is mainly to bring the jews back to God.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by WesleyInman View Post
    What does it mean?

What do people need to do, according to this thought process? Why are we here? Does it explain?
    what we have to do to be saved. 1 accept that you are a sinner. The bible says that we all sinned, we know that. Second know that you cannot save yourself. Third believe that jesus died to pay your sin debt. Next ask jesus to help you repent of your sins and finally just believe that jesus's death burial and resurrection is enough for your forgiveness. When you come before the lord you can't rely on your works on earth to equal your sins you only need jesus

- - - Updated - - -

I hope this helps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,587 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by so1970 View Post
    what we have to do to be saved. 1 accept that you are a sinner. The bible says that we all sinned, we know that. Second know that you cannot save yourself. Third believe that jesus died to pay your sin debt. Next ask jesus to help you repent of your sins and finally just believe that jesus's death burial and resurrection is enough for your forgiveness. When you come before the lord you can't rely on your works on earth to equal your sins you only need jesus

- - - Updated - - -

I hope this helps
    I was explaining this to a young man I work with. He says “why should it matter if you don’t believe and don’t repent, if you were a good person all your life.” I said “ If you don’t believe then whose kingdom are you expecting to inherit?”

he asked “why did Jesus have to be crucified in the first place?” I said “to pay the debt of sin, the cost of free will.”

My question is, why is the death of Jesus the cost of human sin?

I admit, that sometimes I have trouble understanding... I’m prolly gonna read through the Bible again. So, I’ll probably have some questions too. It’s been years since I’ve been to church and when I was a kid my preacher wasn’t easy to learn from.

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,798 Posts
    Rep Points

- - - Updated - - -

I hope this helps
    What is the precise mechanism according to the Bible?

Lets say an ASF member like me is reading this. What is it that needs to happen to justify belief , forgiveness and acceptance??
    I hope this helps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Milford King View Post
    I was explaining this to a young man I work with. He says “why should it matter if you don’t believe and don’t repent, if you were a good person all your life.” I said “ If you don’t believe then whose kingdom are you expecting to inherit?”

he asked “why did Jesus have to be crucified in the first place?” I said “to pay the debt of sin, the cost of free will.”

My question is, why is the death of Jesus the cost of human sin?

I admit, that sometimes I have trouble understanding... I’m prolly gonna read through the Bible again. So, I’ll probably have some questions too. It’s been years since I’ve been to church and when I was a kid my preacher wasn’t easy to learn from.
    The thing people don't understand is jesus willingly died on the cross. The reason jesus had to die was to pay for all sins. Jesus lived a sinless life while on earth, which made him the only person who could pay the cost. The bible says the penalty for sin is death. In the old testament a priest would sacrifice a lamb for the peoples sins each year. That's 1 spotless lamb for each person's sin he would also have to sacrifice 1 for his own sins but sin always happens so it had to be done again and again. Jesus was the perfect sinless son of God born of a virgin which meant he was not of man so there was no sin in him so the sacrifice of jesus was perfect and sinless in the eyes of God ending the need for further sacrifices.

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,798 Posts
    Rep Points

The thing people don't understand is jesus willingly died on the cross. The reason jesus had to die was to pay for all sins. Jesus lived a sinless life while on earth, which made him the only person who could pay the cost. The bible says the penalty for sin is death. In the old testament a priest would sacrifice a lamb for the peoples sins each year. That's 1 spotless lamb for each person's sin he would also have to sacrifice 1 for his own sins but sin always happens so it had to be done again and again. Jesus was the perfect sinless son of God born of a virgin which meant he was not of man so there was no sin in him so the sacrifice of jesus was perfect and sinless in the eyes of God ending the need for further sacrifices.

Ok so now what do we do? Your responses have been articulate. I do believe you know what you speak of.
    Last edited by WesleyInman; 05-15-2020 at 06:10 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts
    Rep Points

Lets say an ASF member like me is reading this. What is it that needs to happen to justify belief , forgiveness and acceptance??
    I hope this helps
    I don't understand what you mean by the mechanism according to the bible. But maybe try it like this. During the civil war a soldier went to Lincoln and asked to be let out of service to go take care of his mother. Lincoln replied every soldier has a family they want to take care of but you have a duty to your country . As the man is sitting on the front of the white house a young child comes up and asks why the soldier is sad and he explains the story to the child. The child is Lincoln's son he takes the soldier in and asks his father to let the man go home. Lincoln let the soldier go home. Not because he deserves to go but because his son asked him to do it. We don't deserve to go to heaven but jesus died so that we could and he's the 1 asking God to allow us into heaven

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts
    Rep Points

You pray to God something like this dear lord I know I am a sinner. I know I cannot pay my sin debt I believe that jesus died on the cross to pay the penalty for my sins. jesus I ask you to come into my life and help me repent of my sins I trust you jesus for my salvation and ask that you write my name in the lambs book of life thank you jesus. amen. These aren't magic words they are just an outline you can say it anyway you like and if you're sincere and believe you will be saved

Community Veteran
    ADMINISTRATOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,118 Posts
    Rep Points

Ok let me ask my first question

Revelations speaks about the Tribulation and the Rapture. It also speaks about many "horsemen"

I see it mention the Eagle, which I get is the USA. The Bear, which I get is Russia.

But what does it all mean. I can't make sense of it. Which comes first? When does it occur?
    Where does the bible talk about rapture? Where does Revelation use the word rapture? Verse? =)

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    532 Posts
    Rep Points

Bible Thread

did someone say the horseman?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Rep Points

I’m a preachers kid. I have an M.Th. I also am agnostic but am willing to help where I can.
    So where you agnostic before or after your masters in theology? Just struck me as a odd degree to study with your personal beliefs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    419 Posts
    Rep Points

Bible Thread

I hope this helps
    If I understand you correctly all you or anyone need do is except Jesus Christ into your heart and as your lord and savior, believe in him and ask for forgiveness of your sins by praying something like this: god please forgive me of my sins as i claim the blood of Jesus Christ for forgiveness of my sins and ask you to cleanse me with his blood renew my soul and faith each day and I ask you to please fill my heart with the holy spirit and guide me in all that i do and say. In the name of God i ask you this righteously in your name and pray this in the name of Jesus Christ amen.
    If you have any questions or just need someone to talk to brother i am always here for you just pm me. I am not perfect nor is any christian or human for that matter but do have some understanding and unwavering faith. My son is in college to be a preacher and on the deans list for the second year in a row and already has his youth group leadership degree as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by dale.c; 05-15-2020 at 07:41 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    532 Posts
    Rep Points

One could get saved in the tribulation but who’d preach it? They’ve already been deemed “left behind” probably won’t be more than the 144 @EJD this could be a very interesting thread...

edit- whoever finds a bible and believes it then whiteness, for Christ I guess.
    Yes I agree this thread could get very interesting for sure!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    532 Posts
    Rep Points

Love the thread already and I am already confused.

I suck at anything that doesnt deal with endocrinology and lifting LOL

Forgive me for any future questions I have that seem dumb. I assure you I have very very limited understanding.

Im very happy to have your help as I am super super interested in understanding.
    It's going to get more confusing as we go along getting into other topics lol.

Like speaking in tongues. either in prayer or during fellowship
    Being slayin in the spirit while getting prayed for
    Did Peter get into heaven after denying knowing Jesus 3 times on his way to the cross
    Did judus go to hell for betraying Jesus
    Is Lucifer. Aka Satan actually a demon looking being
    Can angels come down from heaven and impregnate humans

Many differing view points on these and many more topics.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,587 Posts
    Rep Points

Ok so now what do we do? Your responses have been articulate. I do believe you know what you speak of.
    Depends on what denomination you adhere to. If your talking about orthodox Christians that don’t circumvent the Bible’s teaching, you have to repent, accept Jesus role in your salvation and cease purposeful sin at the same time you accept that as a mortal human you cannot avoid sin, but make an effort to live a ‘cleaner’ life.

you have to emulate the teachings of Christ in your daily life. Just take the 7 deadly sins and live your life in a way which you are not committing those sins on purpose.

if you are catholic I think you have to pay the priests off. Also, your weddings have to be painfully long. I’m kidding 😊
    Last edited by Milford King; 05-16-2020 at 03:24 AM.