• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Bible Thread

Very interesting

I have felt since Day 1 of this election Trump wins. I still feel the same. I have a very strong and confident energy that is given to me.

It's the type of energy that you receive in your life, that's never wrong. And it's rare but you know when to recognize it.

2016 was divine intervention and this will be too.

It always comes last minute and when you least expect it.

For once I have faith :)

Acts 3:18-21 NKJV
18 But those things which God foretold by the mouth of all His prophets, that the Christ would suffer, He has thus fulfilled. 19 Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord, 20 and that He may send Jesus Christ, who was preached to you before, 21 whom heaven must receive until the times of restoration of all things, which God has spoken by the mouth of all His holy prophets since the world began

Anyone who is a Christian but is a little butt hurt from the election results just read Romans 13:1-7. I personally don’t like the results but I also have peace knowing who is really in control... I AM still is therefore don’t fret!!!

Anyone who is a Christian but is a little butt hurt from the election results just read Romans 13:1-7. I personally don’t like the results but I also have peace knowing who is really in control... I AM still is therefore don’t fret!!!
truth

Attachments

• EDA58D61-F9E0-42D6-981A-82F8E465D1EE.jpeg
    EDA58D61-F9E0-42D6-981A-82F8E465D1EE.jpeg
    332.9 KB · Views: 8
  • EAAD7AA3-BD84-4740-B0DB-DEDD5AB8AF73.jpeg
    EAAD7AA3-BD84-4740-B0DB-DEDD5AB8AF73.jpeg
    216.6 KB · Views: 8
  • E61C5247-8CDA-4C6A-B643-1F5C23C4CAA3.jpeg
    E61C5247-8CDA-4C6A-B643-1F5C23C4CAA3.jpeg
    287.5 KB · Views: 8

I'm glad you brought this up. Remember, the good ol' USA is a republic. "We the people". The people (citizens) were meant to have the power. Not the elected officials who are suppose to carry out the will of the people. Taking that into the context of the scripture you mentioned, it should be the government that submits to the people. Which is what our founding fathers intended. If you put this into one of the verses, it would read as follows:

"For the republic is God’s minister to you (politician) for good. But if you (politician) do evil, be afraid; for the republic does not bear the sword in vain; for they are God’s minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil."

See how it flips what many people wrongly apply to these verses? We aren't meant to blindly follow Hitlers into hell. Having said that, we as a nation may have to spend some time wandering the wilderness when as a nation we fail to follow God. Just ask the jews.

I'm not going to add anything to scripture or take anything away from it as you just did there. Revelation 22 gives a stern warning on that. You're trying to conform the Bible to what you think America the republic is suppose to be all about. Doesn't work that way; the only time I'm NOT suppose to follow the laws of the land without it being a sin is when the law requires me to break the moral law of God. For example the whole mask wearing thing. I really don't know if its necessary, depends who you ask. You can make a case for either way depending which research you use to prove your case. That being said I know people who act like the government is telling them to commit one of the seven deadly sins by wearing a mask in public. It's silly. It ain't that serious. Until they tell me to to denounce my faith or anything along those lines I'm suppose to follow the rules/laws.
I'm glad you brought this up. Remember, the good ol' USA is a republic. "We the people". The people (citizens) were meant to have the power. Not the elected officials who are suppose to carry out the will of the people. Taking that into the context of the scripture you mentioned, it should be the government that submits to the people. Which is what our founding fathers intended. If you put this into one of the verses, it would read as follows:

"For the republic is God’s minister to you (politician) for good. But if you (politician) do evil, be afraid; for the republic does not bear the sword in vain; for they are God’s minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil."

See how it flips what many people wrongly apply to these verses? We aren't meant to blindly follow Hitlers into hell. Having said that, we as a nation may have to spend some time wandering the wilderness when as a nation we fail to follow God. Just ask the jews.

I'm not going to add anything to scripture or take anything away from it as you just did there. Revelation 22 gives a stern warning on that. .

Believe me, I know. And I didn't say those things lightly. Butts squirmed in the pews when I said them too. The founding fathers did their best to setup a nation where the citizens retained the power. And a nation that was founded on christian principles. Remember, they'd just rebelled against their king. Which flies in the face of Romans there. Were they sinning to do that? Was america founded by breaking scripture? Or did it fulfill scripture?

Get Shredded!
Believe me, I know. And I didn't say those things lightly. Butts squirmed in the pews when I said them too. The founding fathers did their best to setup a nation where the citizens retained the power. And a nation that was founded on christian principles. Remember, they'd just rebelled against their king. Which flies in the face of Romans there. Were they sinning to do that? Was america founded by breaking scripture? Or did it fulfill scripture?
Go to the link I posted after that and this one also helps....
https://www.desiringgod.org/messages/the-limits-of-submission-to-man

I actually did hit the first link and will read this one too. And I'm sure you and I will be on the same side of the fence when the beast is revealed and we're asked to bow and worship it's image, receive the mark, etc. I think where you and I see things a little differently is not biblical, but what is and what isn't a republic. And I'm not talking about simple things like paying taxes, obeying the speed limit, etc. In theory, we the people have elected these officials. So they "should" be carrying out the will of the people. So yes, in theory, those laws should be "ok" and we should submit where these laws do not fly in the face of scripture. But what about when they don't?

"We the people of the United States..."

"...a government of the people, by the people, for the people."

Every day the beast is working to deceive. There will be "good christians" who blindly follow because their minister will use Romans to point out how they should submit. I can hear the sermons now... "we'll be ok if we just submit. God will take care of us. Be still, be patient, etc. This is not the mark of revelation. That's something else."

Christians too often rely on the "God is in control" as an excuse to do nothing. I prayed for the beggar, told him to be warm, and went on my way. Does that mean God controls who sins and who doesn't? What about free will?

From this link, and it is pretty much what my opinion is:

"Paul simply does not have in view the problem of evil governments. Instead he has in view a good government in which doing good deeds will generally find approval and doing evil will generally be punished.If this is correct, then it will no longer be possible to insist that Christians should always be subject to the governing authorities. As long as authorities punish only what is evil and praise only what is good, submission to God will always conform to submission to the authorities. But if the authorities ever begin to punish the good and reward the bad (as has repeatedly happened in church history), then submission to God will bring us into conflict with the authorities. So the command to be subject in verses 1 and 5 is not absolute; it depends on whether subjection will involve us in doing wrong. The ultimate criterion of right and wrong is not whether a ruling authority commands it, but whether God commands it. The fact that God has ordained all authority does not mean all authority should be obeyed."

Exactly. Until the government tells me I need to disobey God then I must continue to obey the government. The mask mandate isn’t asking me to disobey God. Doesn’t mean I blind to the direction this country is going. It’s going the wrong way whether or not it is a democratic controlled government or a republican controlled government; in my opinion the decline is steeper with the democrats.

Exactly. Until the government tells me I need to disobey God then I must continue to obey the government. The mask mandate isn’t asking me to disobey God. Doesn’t mean I blind to the direction this country is going. It’s going the wrong way whether or not it is a democratic controlled government or a republican controlled government; in my opinion the decline is steeper with the democrats.

Yep, yep. I don't have any HUGE issue with the mask thing in and of itself. I do think it is grooming us and testing us to see who complies and who doesn't. So it's bad in that respect. I do see this as easily being the stepping off point where we are forced into vaccinations, etc. And getting marked who has been vaccinated. That's where the line will get drawn (I think). We'll see what happens from there.

Sadly, our moral decline as a nation is indeed reflected in our government. And that's the real point I was trying to make. Thank you for the discussion today. I consider myself a christian and a patriot, as I imagine do most of the others. I'd like to see us doing better on both fronts, but I know it is only going to get worse. But that won't stop me from continuing to try and do what is right.

Yep, yep. I don't have any HUGE issue with the mask thing in and of itself. I do think it is grooming us and testing us to see who complies and who doesn't. So it's bad in that respect. I do see this as easily being the stepping off point where we are forced into vaccinations, etc. And getting marked who has been vaccinated. That's where the line will get drawn (I think). We'll see what happens from there.

Sadly, our moral decline as a nation is indeed reflected in our government. And that's the real point I was trying to make. Thank you for the discussion today. I consider myself a christian and a patriot, as I imagine do most of the others. I'd like to see us doing better on both fronts, but I know it is only going to get worse. But that won't stop me from continuing to try and do what is right.
The Great Commission and the Great Commandment is what we need to be doing to make the greatest impact in my opinion.

We didn’t vote on this fucking mask mandate therefore we aren’t breaking law not wearing them. God never said to hide yourself.... he just said to be humble. I don’t force my faith on my neighbor, my neighbor doesn’t force my mask on my face.

i agree with multi... but I also agree the mask thing (even though I thinks it worthless and annoying) is not the worse to come. It is a ritual, for the powers that be, that want to deceive us and drive a wedge between us. We are on the same side of the fence... I have no problem with death... but I will not go silently into the night. And I will not let my Christian brothers and sisters be condemned by the evil that lurks in the shadows.

i will fight. I have no fear for God is in my heart. I don’t hurt innocent people but i will defend myself. God gave me my spirit. And it is in me. The fight.

Habakkuk, anyone?

Habakkuk, anyone?

What's the question? I have one. Does God directly use enemies of His chose people to punish them for sinning? Or does He merely quit protecting His chosen and let the world have at them? Let them learn the lesson of what happens if He's not there to protect/provide for them?

IML Gear Cream!
What's the question? I have one. Does God directly use enemies of His chose people to punish them for sinning? Or does He merely quit protecting His chosen and let the world have at them? Let them learn the lesson of what happens if He's not there to protect/provide for them?

It is indeed what we are experiencing right now. His promise to destroy Babylon will be honored.... but not before the Babylonians destroy our nation. We’ve put God on the back burner and for that, we will pay.

I just thought that it’s very similar to what we are seeing right now. I guess you could argue that it’s vague enough to be true for every critical moment or turning point in history.

a quick 6 min refresher on Habakkuk. What do you think about this guys interpretation of the book itself?

It is indeed what we are experiencing right now. His promise to destroy Babylon will be honored.... but not before the Babylonians destroy our nation. We’ve put God on the back burner and for that, we will pay.

I just thought that it’s very similar to what we are seeing right now. I guess you could argue that it’s vague enough to be true for every critical moment or turning point in history.

I strongly disagree with the premise that God is still handing out punishment for sin on believers. “It is finished” is what Christ said on the cross, he meant everything is finished. God poured his wrath out in his son for all mankind and we have enjoyed his grace amd mercy for 2000 yrs.

That’s it, no more wrath is poured out on us until he collects those of us who have received his free gift of salvation. Then it’s game on for the unbelievers. This is my interpretation and understanding, I’m still learning so it may not be a perfect understanding, if anyone has a different understanding I’d like to hear it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the top viewed thread on all of ASF

Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior. That's all I can say

I thank you all for your expertise. Amazing that in a bodybuilding forum, the top viewed thread is about Jesus Christ.

I consider that a win for everyone here.

And those of u experts commenting, thank u.

Jesus is Lord of Lord and King of Kings
d0db207bde14c320d1da50ad0f30339b.gif

I strongly disagree with the premise that God is still handing out punishment for sin on believers. “It is finished” is what Christ said on the cross, he meant everything is finished. God poured his wrath out in his son for all mankind and we have enjoyed his grace amd mercy for 2000 yrs.

That’s it, no more wrath is poured out on us until he collects those of us who have received his free gift of salvation. Then it’s game on for the unbelievers. This is my interpretation and understanding, I’m still learning so it may not be a perfect understanding, if anyone has a different understanding I’d like to hear it.

how would you explain the persecution of Christians and Christian morality in today’s society and the future persecution that will surely come. Im open to different interpretations of what exactly we are experiencing right now. I also understand that in the end, those that give themselves to Christ, have nothing to fear as far as salvation and redemption are concerned.

thanks in advance. ✌️

I interpreted “it is finished” meant the road to heaven had been constructed through Christ’s sacrifice considering because of mans shortcomings that’s original path had been destroyed.

Back