• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Bible Thread

Get Shredded!
Took some digging and reading many texts but I think this summons it up well

Now Jesus contrasts the statements of Israel's spiritual leaders with a more complete understanding. Jesus' teaching. "But I say" is the phrase He will use to show where God intends mankind to focus their obedience to these commands. In this case, Jesus says that obedience to the commandment against murder begins with eliminating anger for one's brother. In context, one's brother would be a fellow believer, or a relative, or any close associate.

In the moment these words were spoken, they would have been shocking. Even today, they are deeply challenging. Jesus is saying that an improper attitude—to be unrighteously angry with another person—makes one subject to God's judgment. Who can honestly claim they have never been angry towards someone else? Or that every unhappy thought was perfectly justified? It's convicting and even frightening to think that level of perfection is God's standard for right and wrong.

Jesus acknowledges that someone who insults another risks judgment from other men. By this, Jesus may have meant that someone who is angry enough to insult another must answer not just to God, but to government, such as the council of Jewish religious leaders. Even in the ancient era, speaking unkind words could result in legal problems. The term Jesus uses here is rhaka, originally a Hebrew word which can mean "fool" or "empty head."

Next, though, Jesus escalates this teaching even further. The original phrasing of this verse uses the Greek term mōre, used as a slur like calling someone a "moron," or an "idiot." Whether Jesus means the same level of insult as the prior phrase, or something worse, the point is clear: being angry enough to insult another makes a person liable to the "hell of fire." The word "hell," in this case, is translated from the Greek word geenna, a reference to the ever-burning trash dump outside the city, used as a symbolic reference to eternal damnation.

Jesus is showing that God cares about actions, but He cares most about the heart.

I haven't read the whole thread here but the bible is a good book on how to not live your life like a selfish douche bag. Don't think for a second that it is truth though.
Nearly all of that shit never happened and at best some of the stories are fictional but ideas have come from some things that may have taken place.
You can choose a book from many other religions and get the same type of ideas on how to live and feel better about yourself by putting your faith in an imaginary superior being.
One thing I can't stand that I see referenced here is people who hide behind religion to justify bullshit and then those people that commercially sell it for their personal benefit.
If there is a devil, these people are his minions in disguise.

Don’t be a douchbag. Dude you’re opinion is not superior so take your condescending bullshit elsewhere. Nobody is forcing you to believe in Christ so let us believers have our belief in Christ and the Bible just like you have yours I whatever the fuck you wanna believe in...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don’t be a douchbag. Dude you’re opinion is not superior so take your condescending bullshit elsewhere. Nobody is forcing you to believe in Christ so let us believers have our belief in Christ and the Bible just like you have yours I whatever the fuck you wanna believe in...

Thou hast been upon Meso too long, my brother. Return to thy flock. :loveu:

Jesus is showing that God cares about actions, but He cares most about the heart.

Wow funny you said this. My app just showed me a verse today and I was planning to post it, and now I lost it.

Says something like "Where a mans treasure is, there is heart is also"

Know what I am talking about? I was gonna see precisely what that means and somehow I feel like your response correlates to it.

Sorry for not being able to quote many of these things I am talking about. Very often I skim various verses and certain things may stand out.

Wow funny you said this. My app just showed me a verse today and I was planning to post it, and now I lost it.

Says something like "Where a mans treasure is, there is heart is also"

Know what I am talking about? I was gonna see precisely what that means and somehow I feel like your response correlates to it.

Sorry for not being able to quote many of these things I am talking about. Very often I skim various verses and certain things may stand out.

Matt 6:21
For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

The chapter is talking about heavenly treasure vs earthly treasure. And also has the "can't serve two masters, God and money" verse as well. The entire chapter is chock full of familiar verses. It also points out very much the outward appearance of how we present ourselves vs the inner heart of ourselves.

This is a chapter not to be missed, Wes.

I'm a douchebag because I have an opinion? I never said my opinion was superior. What's your problem? I do believe in Christ but trust me, I have my reasons for hating people that hide behind religion and use it for their personal benefit. If you knew me, you would know why. I believe in God and Christ, I am just skeptical and not hardcore religious. This is the pit.

I do believe in Christ but trust me, I have my reasons for hating people that hide behind religion and use it for their personal benefit. If you knew me, you would know why.

^ This is the reason I don't partake of structured corporate religion any more. It becomes a bitter pill when you see people taking advantage of the system. Which makes me think of something I'll ask a bit later...

What's everyone's opinion on demons. My sister in law has a grandfather in hospice he's been seeing children in his room that aren't there and he's been yelling violently at them. Also he's been paralyzed for the last 15 years, and yesterday he sat up in bed

and what might that be?

the end justifies the means right?

why is there hate and contempt for a man who (Fraudulently- according to some) claims to be a man of God and finds financial success in doing that and glory for a man who plays dress up and lives an open lie who also finds financial success in doing that?
Because 1 is claiming to do it in gods name & the others arent. Theres a big diff imho

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

What's everyone's opinion on demons. My sister in law has a grandfather in hospice he's been seeing children in his room that aren't there and he's been yelling violently at them. Also he's been paralyzed for the last 15 years, and yesterday he sat up in bed

The spiritual world is more real than the physical. Demons are 100% real, so is demonic behaviors in people

IMO..... If you believe in God you also have to believe or accept in that there's a devil and demons... Lucifer was cast out of heaven and to earth with I believe 1/3 of the angels that followed him.. basically Lucifer who was in charge of praise, music worship, was full of pride and thought he could overtake God. God cast him out down to earth with his followers. Nowhere in the scripture does it say Lucifer or his demons took on another form. Like the horned red devil description. I believe he maintains his angelic form. In reality it's more scary that way and easier to seduce that way.. just my opinion

I haven't read the whole thread here but the bible is a good book on how to not live your life like a selfish douche bag. Don't think for a second that it is truth though.
Nearly all of that shit never happened and at best some of the stories are fictional but ideas have come from some things that may have taken place.
You can choose a book from many other religions and get the same type of ideas on how to live and feel better about yourself by putting your faith in an imaginary superior being.
One thing I can't stand that I see referenced here is people who hide behind religion to justify bullshit and then those people that commercially sell it for their personal benefit.
If there is a devil, these people are his minions in disguise.
Knowing theres no facts to back this ill take it as your so humble opinion

I have an opinion as well. Most that hate it havnt read it or if they tried didnt understand it. Its easier to hate something then to learn it & if you learned it then you would probly choose to not follow it over hating it so much. Hating something seems so counterproductive.

Good day & Blessed be the fruit , Under his eye ; )

Matt 6:21
For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

The chapter is talking about heavenly treasure vs earthly treasure. And also has the "can't serve two masters, God and money" verse as well. The entire chapter is chock full of familiar verses. It also points out very much the outward appearance of how we present ourselves vs the inner heart of ourselves.

This is a chapter not to be missed, Wes.
Where is all your experience coming from? Did you grow up with a Christian background or is this all your own doing later in life?

Just curious bro. Either way its good to see so many involved in this thread & the bible.

Real. I can share some stories.

Having said that, and seeing the elderly develop dementia and alzheimers firsthand...it's "probably" one of those. I deal with this personally with family members and it is bad. On top of that, the meds used to treat these things usually produce the "seeing people" or at least a feeling that someone is there. As does the disease, but meds make it worse.

The paralyzed and sitting up would definitely make someone question things though. What type of paralysis, extent, etc plays a big factor. I get the impression there may be more to the story?

Don’t be a douchbag. Dude you’re opinion is not superior so take your bullshit elsewhere.
Sorry about the rant. I am just feeling like a snowflake today. You understand.
The spiritual world is more real than the physical. Demons are 100% real, so is demonic behaviors in people

Where is all your experience coming from? Did you grow up with a Christian background or is this all your own doing later in life?

Just curious bro. Either way its good to see so many involved in this thread & the bible.

Yeah...not that we were particularly devout though when I was growing up. Grace at meals, etc, but nothing too fancy. I did spend 1st and 2nd grade in a church school, but at my age, I can't remember much about it. Other than it was school and I hated it. I was always a believer though and even as a teenager spent random moments reading the bible. As soon as I moved out of the house, I quit attending altogether.

It wasn't until later in life after having kids of my own that I started to take some interest again. It was on again, off again for a long time as far as regular attendance and study. God and the wife spent a long time to get me to come around. There wasn't a single ah-ha moment that flipped the switch for me as far as deciding to be more involved and studying more. It just happened gradually. Probably the biggest factor was when I decided to read the bible cover to cover. I didn't even skip all that begatting and read it through every single word. ;) I started to take on more responsibilities as far as church goes..."teaching" classes, youth leader, deacon, elder, etc...I even spent a few years giving sermons. But all that has been some years ago and I said goodbye to corporate religion.

That's my knowledge experience, which I assume is what you were asking. But...I think it's the spiritual experiences that are more defining for a person. And those are usually where the ah-ha! moments happen.

I don't really believe in demons but I do believe in evil and demonic behavior. Some people are just pure evil their entire lives and some people become evil or do evil things in their lives. My explanation for what appears to be demons are likely drug induced, psychiatric imbalance, mental illness, physical illness or a combination of any of those.

To HFO 3: This is not an attack HFO3 so please don't get your panties in a wad. This is my opinion. You can agree, disagree or shove my opinion up your ass. I don't give a fuck.

I don't really believe in demons but I do believe in evil and demonic behavior. Some people are just pure evil their entire lives and some people become evil or do evil things in their lives. My explanation for what appears to be demons are likely drug induced, psychiatric imbalance, mental illness, physical illness or a combination of any of those.

To HFO 3: This is not an attack HFO3 so please don't get your panties in a wad. This is my opinion. You can agree, disagree or shove my opinion up your ass. I don't give a fuck.

Just like some people are smarter than others, or more in tune with nature, some are more in tune with the spiritual. You are likely not in tune with anything other than the physical, nothing wrong with that, but at the the same time there is nothing wrong with those that are.

I have never see any "demons" but I the old farm house we lived in had some strange occurrences that could not be readily explained. The one that I remember, that made me shit my pants almost as young lad. I am home alone at 12 years of age. Watching a horror movie(mom was cool like that as long as we did not show signs it was causing issues) and a pillow from the other side of the couch comes flying at me and hits me in the face hard enough to knock my glasses off and make me my head hit the wall (couch was in an L shape area against two walls) It was a normal couch cushion. The force required to do that can not be explained away with it rolled over and hit me. Other things that would happen is foot steps coming up the stairs and nobody there, my mother was a clean freak, once we got old enough to clean for her, we had to do all the non dangerous chores. Cleaning her knick knacks was the most dreaded. She just had to have them in certain positions. So, I would clean them make sure they were just right and walk by an hoyr later (home alone) and they would be moved. Sometimes an entire shelf up or down, other times side to side. Never could explain it...

Get Shredded!
ya see- I respect your stance even though I don't fully agree with you- Take notes HFO3
You are correct that I am pretty much only in tune with the physical Cowboy- I am scientific in nature and believe in wordly explanations for everything.
I do not judge those that are highly spiritual. It is not my place to do so.
Just like some people are smarter than others, or more in tune with nature, some are more in tune with the spiritual. You are likely not in tune with anything other than the physical, nothing wrong with that, but at the the same time there is nothing wrong with those that are.

I have never see any "demons" but I the old farm house we lived in had some strange occurrences that could not be readily explained. The one that I remember, that made me shit my pants almost as young lad. I am home alone at 12 years of age. Watching a horror movie(mom was cool like that as long as we did not show signs it was causing issues) and a pillow from the other side of the couch comes flying at me and hits me in the face hard enough to knock my glasses off and make me my head hit the wall (couch was in an L shape area against two walls) It was a normal couch cushion. The force required to do that can not be explained away with it rolled over and hit me. Other things that would happen is foot steps coming up the stairs and nobody there, my mother was a clean freak, once we got old enough to clean for her, we had to do all the non dangerous chores. Cleaning her knick knacks was the most dreaded. She just had to have them in certain positions. So, I would clean them make sure they were just right and walk by an hoyr later (home alone) and they would be moved. Sometimes an entire shelf up or down, other times side to side. Never could explain it...

Last edited:
The paralysis was from a car accident he's been in a wheelchair for the past 15 years or so. Everything from the waist down paralyzed. I don't doubt the presence of demons . Just thought i would get everyone's take on the situation

I think it is hard to believe unless you've experienced or seen something like you or others have stated.
If I had seen or experienced what some of you have stated I would believe for sure.
The paralysis was from a car accident he's been in a wheelchair for the past 15 years or so. Everything from the waist down paralyzed. I don't doubt the presence of demons . Just thought i would get everyone's take on the situation

There's nothing wrong with doubt as long as you seek out the truth it's going to be shown to you. Thomas in the bible stated he would not believe the lord was resurrected until he could touch the hands that were pierced.

I think it is hard to believe unless you've experienced or seen something like you or others have stated.
If I had seen or experienced what some of you have stated I would believe for sure.

A couple of fun stories from guys I know who were asked to visit possible possessions...and these are guys that didn't stretch the truth or tell stories and in fact I had to pry a bit to find out after years of knowing them and they didn't want to look crazy telling the story... Asking someone in the ministry about possession visits is about like asking a vet to talk about their war experience. They won't hardly do it.

One guy was working on his doctorate in theology (already had his masters). Kind of a nerdy scholarly type to paint a picture. He went with another guy for the visit. They were someplace tropical, I forget where, but 90's temp and 90% humidity kind of weather. They went on foot to wherever it was at, so by the time they get there, they are dripping with sweat. They are invited inside the home which has no a/c. They stand and visit with the family and everyone is dripping with sweat. They go into the room where the possessed person is at...and it is cold enough they can see their breath! He said on the onehand it was nice to be cool, but it was so freaky he didn't get to enjoy it.

Another friend went on one of these visits. They get there and the person is kind of what you would expect in these scenarios. Crazy acting, etc. Pointing at things that aren't there and telling them to look at it, etc. All of a sudden they stop, look at my friend, and say "I know what you did in college...." And then proceeded to tell them in detail about a bad experience my friend had back in college. Bear in mind, this person is a *complete* stranger in another city, state, etc. and would have no way of knowing anything about my friend.

I will add that these two friends are from completely different religions. I know some people put more faith, credit, etc where those things are concerned, but it doesn't matter.

Hebrews 13:2
Based solely off this verse. On earth I believe angels and demons both are in human form... if they weren't how could we have possibly entertained Angels unaware...I'm in no way discrediting or poo pooing on those who have seen things...
I never have personally.. but did have one moment that made me go hmmmm strange... I was in a retail store and seen a mid 40s lady who looked like she couldn't reach something off the top shelf. I offered to get the item for her.. I picked it up set it in her cart.. she says thanks, God loves you, he will continue to bless and be with you on your walk thru life... I instantly got chills said thanks and walked away to the next aisle.. I thought about it for like 2 minutes what she said over and over.. I go back to the aisle she's gone. I Look thru the store i never seen her again... Like she vanished and never was there.. there was something just different in her eyes I really can't explain..

I experienced one many years back. Maybe 15 years ago. I don't even like to talk about it, but it was the most evil, bad energy I have ever experienced in my life and left me generally terrified. Couldn't sleep for days. What is very very ironic about it, is my sister is involved in all that "medium" type stuff. She has a gift. She happens also to be Christian. She invited one of the ladies over her house (that is also a Medium) one day when I was there, and that is the house I experienced it in. And she rightfully gave my sister a reading and stated my experience. No one else even knew. Talk about my jaw dropping. Somehow she knew about it.

Now I will say this, I was the guy that didn't believe in Ghosts, spirits, demons, you name it. Lol. Not at all. I thought it was fairy tales. I assure you my mind has been forever changed and then some.

I have personally experienced the "spiritual" World more then once so I know it to be true. I lived in a haunted house once, and though it was a friendly spirit or ghost (Didn't see a form or anything) but experienced dozens of impossible situations and it was very mischevious, throwing silverware and at night, whatever the hell it was would scatter plastic shopping bags all over the floor. Maybe a child ghost, no clue, but I will be honest, I was even terrified of that LOL.

I experienced one many years back. Maybe 15 years ago. I don't even like to talk about it, but it was the most evil, bad energy I have ever experienced in my life and left me generally terrified. Couldn't sleep for days. What is very very ironic about it, is my sister is involved in all that "medium" type stuff. She has a gift. She happens also to be Christian. She invited one of the ladies over her house (that is also a Medium) one day when I was there, and that is the house I experienced it in. And she rightfully gave my sister a reading and stated my experience. No one else even knew. Talk about my jaw dropping. Somehow she knew about it.

Now I will say this, I was the guy that didn't believe in Ghosts, spirits, demons, you name it. Lol. Not at all. I thought it was fairy tales. I assure you my mind has been forever changed and then some.

I have personally experienced the "spiritual" World more then once so I know it to be true. I lived in a haunted house once, and though it was a friendly spirit or ghost (Didn't see a form or anything) but experienced dozens of impossible situations and it was very mischevious, throwing silverware and at night, whatever the hell it was would scatter plastic shopping bags all over the floor. Maybe a child ghost, no clue, but I will be honest, I was even terrified of that LOL.

This is my two cents, so take it for what it's worth... There are NO ghosts. Especially friendly ones. They are demons/fallen angels. Just because they don't trip you down the stairs, doesn't mean they are friendly. Even if their only agenda is to deceive you and make you think they are simply a "friendly ghost". That's another one of Lucifer's tricks.

This is my two cents, so take it for what it's worth... There are NO ghosts. Especially friendly ones. They are demons/fallen angels. Just because they don't trip you down the stairs, doesn't mean they are friendly. Even if their only agenda is to deceive you and make you think they are simply a "friendly ghost". That's another one of Lucifer's tricks.

I fully agree!!

Not a bad thought process sir. I am open minded about the entirety of it all.

Back