• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Bible Thread

IML Gear Cream!
Blaspheming the holy spirit... Please share your thoughts..

Blaspheming the holy spirit... Please share your thoughts..

Scripture says you're screwed. The question is what exactly is blaspheming the holy spirit? Probably the absolute hardening of the heart and refusing God altogether. Especially when He's sent direct help (Holy Spirit) in the matter. In other words, telling God to get lost and you don't need His help.

Scripture says you're screwed. The question is what exactly is blaspheming the holy spirit? Probably the absolute hardening of the heart and refusing God altogether. Especially when He's sent direct help (Holy Spirit) in the matter. In other words, telling God to get lost and you don't need His help.

Did Peter do that by denying knowing Jesus 3 different times when Jesus was on his way to be crucified?

Peter repented. We as sinners need to be sure we don't reject the lord so often that we hardened our hearts to the point of not being able to accept forgiveness

Did Peter do that by denying knowing Jesus 3 different times when Jesus was on his way to be crucified?

No he didn’t. Peters actions also serve as great example of how we will fail in our lives amd fail god, yet in spite of our failures we still have an opportunity to be great in the kingdom of God and remain is His grace, love and forgiveness.

I believe the only unforgivable sin is denying Christ is Lord, therefore blaspheming the Holy Spirits work on earth in man.

This thread is refreshing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha...good question. I don't think so, but as we both know, we're not the judge. Otherwise, why would Jesus have "restored" Peter after the resurrection and told him to go and feed his sheep?

Your question was worded accurately..."denying knowing". Peter never denied Jesus was the Son of God or that Jesus was divine. Peter would have known the Jewish methods of skirting the law and probably applied it in this circumstance. My two cents.

This thread is refreshing!

This place needs Jesus. :)

486.png

As someone whose directly worked under one of the famous names mentioned in here; I have to say that it’s a difficult pill to swallow, going into ministry to help the needy, addicted, lonely and afflicted. Then, in turn seeing pastors drive away in 500k dollar cars and 10M dollar homes, jets etc.

I saw a couple times in here regarding their generosity, that it wasn’t where it needed to be. I can assure you, I’ve cashed million dollar checks to other non profits, churches, third world countries etc to forward to movement of God and helping those in dyer need. These pastors are not selfish with what they have, they’re extremely generous, however anyone who tells you they have no problem making 50k a year, tops, and the pastor getting 12-15M per book deal is lying. It’s a difficult pill to swallow. Not because we’ve wanted the millions, but because the money detracts from the mission and the message begins to change from what God can do for us through our giving vs receiving the gospel in its purity, an unmerited gift of eternal life and relationship with God.

The message in America has gone awry, it’s about getting, and not giving. We’ve gotten away from the humility that comes with Following Jesus and accepting we’ve all fallen short.

Tithing is a tricky subject. I believe in being generous. My wife and I have, so we give. We’ve also barely had, and still gave. But never to get. I don’t need a return on my financial investment. I freely let go of what’s in my hands to reveal to my heart that nothing is truly mine and my attachment to money isn’t unhealthy. It’s just money, the heart in it’s nature and what it gratifies matter much more.

O

I don’t need a return on my financial investment. I freely let go of what’s in my hands to reveal to my heart that nothing is truly mine and my attachment to money isn’t unhealthy. It’s just money, the heart in it’s nature and what it gratifies matter much more.

O

It's hard for people to grasp it was never theirs to begin with. We're stewards.

It's hard for people to grasp it was never theirs to begin with. We're stewards.

I feel like when you begin to learn that having more “stuff” doesn’t produce happiness it’s easier to let go of your finances. Don’t get me wrong, I’m wise with my money, investments, 401 and budget correctly, but I know spending 75k on a car won’t take away my problems or reduce my anxieties. If anything those things add anxiety.

Get Shredded!
I feel like when you begin to learn that having more “stuff” doesn’t produce happiness it’s easier to let go of your finances. Don’t get me wrong, I’m wise with my money, investments, 401 and budget correctly, but I know spending 75k on a car won’t take away my problems or reduce my anxieties. If anything those things add anxiety.

you’re a good man. I’ve met a few of you on here. Respect 100%.

I hope you have or will have children. We need more good men on this planet.

All I want in life is to be able to laugh, to be able to go kayaking the rivers, to lift weights (Aka not be a fat ass), to at least know my children will live happy and fulfilled lives, for my wife to know that I have and will always love her (even if we disagree on nearly everything including God) and to someday be reunited with those that I love in the everlasting kingdom of God.

I could careless about money. Or mansions. Or over priced penis compensating vehicles.

im good with my kids, my dog, and the geography of earth. ... . And sometimes my wife.

like the oblamas right?

nice place... I get why you’d all be mad at a preacher man for having a nice place... just wish ya had more outrage for celebrities and athletes that live in excess.. specially the ones that rape kids.

Oh well... the lord said the world would hate those that praise him

I don't see how a celebrity is comparable to a preacher like Joel Osteen who is a complete fraud.

I don't see how a celebrity is comparable to a preacher like Joel Osteen who is a complete fraud.

In his circle he's viewed as a celebrity. He has taken what his dad built up and ran with it... Turned it/him into a money machine. However you feel about God. Joel is preaching a message of hope.. if you present yourself in a good light, preaching hope and value people will buy up anything you put out. Because the perception that they care about the individual.

Joel’s absolutely a celebrity. Throughout our conversations and debates over the outline of messages he gives (because he doesn’t directly talk much about Jesus or the gospel) he adamantly believes he’s delivering what he calls the “appetizer” to the gospel. His message is meant to create an open heart for whatever God decides to do. However he won’t mention the message of salvation often or the need for repentance. The message is a message of hope, health, wellness and prosperity.

I’ve spent time around every major mega pastor you can think of. Joel is leagues ahead of most in terms of his kindness and generosity. He just doesn’t preach the gospel which is what I believe pastors are called to do.

a fraud pastor, a celebrity.... it’s one in the same bro. I mean, the point is.... they have the financial resources to be generous. And as you’ve heard, Joel is generous. Hollywood just points there fingers at the working class while they spend money on themselves and in some cases rape and murder and eat kids.

fucking weird if ya ask me. No one ever goes after liberal Hollywood for all they could but don’t do for the population. The same population that they’ve made enormous financial resources off the backs of.

call them all out, if you’re gonna call any of them out.

like the oblamas right?

nice place... I get why you’d all be mad at a preacher man for having a nice place... just wish ya had more outrage for celebrities and athletes that live in excess.. specially the ones that rape kids.

Oh well... the lord said the world would hate those that praise him
Theres a big diff between reverend do wrong & celebrities & athletes.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Theres a big diff between reverend do wrong & celebrities & athletes.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

and what might that be?

the end justifies the means right?

why is there hate and contempt for a man who (Fraudulently- according to some) claims to be a man of God and finds financial success in doing that and glory for a man who plays dress up and lives an open lie who also finds financial success in doing that?

IML Gear Cream!
and what might that be?

the end justifies the means right?

why is there hate and contempt for a man who (Fraudulently- according to some) claims to be a man of God and finds financial success in doing that and glory for a man who plays dress up and lives an open lie who also finds financial success in doing that?

It rains on the just *and* the unjust. :p

I haven't read the whole thread here but the bible is a good book on how to not live your life like a selfish douche bag. Don't think for a second that it is truth though.
Nearly all of that shit never happened and at best some of the stories are fictional but ideas have come from some things that may have taken place.
You can choose a book from many other religions and get the same type of ideas on how to live and feel better about yourself by putting your faith in an imaginary superior being.
One thing I can't stand that I see referenced here is people who hide behind religion to justify bullshit and then those people that commercially sell it for their personal benefit.
If there is a devil, these people are his minions in disguise.

Last edited:
What is everyone's take on Matt 5:22?

But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment. And whoever says to his brother, ‘Raca!’ shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says, ‘You fool!’ shall be in danger of hell fire.

yeah, I don't follow that at all. I will call a spade a spade every fucking time.
That being said, I expect that I am judged as well. I know my weaknesses and I am most critical of myself. I am sure others see my weaknesses and judge me accordingly.

But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment. And whoever says to his brother, ‘Raca!’ shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says, ‘You fool!’ shall be in danger of hell fire.

Last edited:
yeah, I don't follow that at all. I will call a spade a spade every fucking time.
That being said, I expect that I am judged as well. I know my weaknesses and I am most critical of myself. I am sure others see my weaknesses and judge me accordingly.

there’s still time brother. Heaven wouldn’t be the same if we couldn’t talk shit together. 😃 ❤️

Following...

Back