ADMINISTRATOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,557 Posts
    Rep Points

Why chicken protein contributes more to muscle anabolism than beef protein

Why chicken protein contributes more to muscle anabolism than beef protein
    Paleo adepts who work out with weights and don't want to renounce their protein shakes have an alternative - protein powders based on beef or chicken meat. Of these two, protein supplements containing chicken protein isolate work best, according to an American study in the Journal of Food Science & Nutrition.Chicken protein isolate
    Products with chicken protein isolate have been on the market for a few years now. For example, supplement manufacturers such as Driven Nutrition [drivennutrition.net] and Barndad Nutrition [barndadnutrition.com] have protein powders for athletes based on ChikPro, [chikpro.com] a product of the American food company International Dehydrated Foods. [idf.com]

International Dehydrated Foods produces raw materials for the food industry based on chicken. The company believes that ChikPro has such a high nutritional value that it is also of interest to producers of sports supplements, sports nutrition and functional foods.It is nice that a company believes in its product, but if that company can show studies that support this belief, then that is of course even better. And so International Dehydrated Foods funded a human study into the effect of chicken protein isolate on humans.
    Study
    On 2 different occasions, the researchers gave 22 healthy and physically active men aged 18-45 a shake with 25 grams of protein. One time the shake contained the chicken protein isolate from the generous sponsor, the other time a beef protein isolate from a competitor.

During the first three hours after taking the shake, the researchers analyzed the amount of amino acids in the subjects' blood.
    Results
    For the total amount of amino acids that appeared in the subjects' blood in the first three hours after ingestion, it did not matter what protein the subjects had used. But as for the essential amino acids, the main amino acids for muscle growth, chicken protein was a significantly better source than beef protein.

Chicken protein was also a better source of arginine, leucine and sulfur-containing amino acids such as methionine and cysteine than beef protein.More detailed information about what the researchers' findings can be seen here.
    The protective effect of the number of steps was slightly greater for cardiovascular death than for cancer death.
    Conclusion
    The researchers think their study shows that strength athletes, but also older people who want to maintain their muscle mass, may consider exchanging beef protein for chicken protein.

"We conclude that chicken protein is potentially a more effective protein source and is more bioavailable for increasing muscle protein and enhancing recovery as compared to beef protein," they write.
    Source:
    J Food Sci Nutr 2018, 4: 037.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Rep Points

Interesting i use both the chicken one tends to give me stomach cramps

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,980 Posts
    Rep Points

Good to know. Redcon1 carries products with both which is tasty. Just donít get key lime pie! Lol

Max

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts
    Rep Points

So many delicious ways to cook beef and chicken and people are having it as protein powder 😋 does this have benefits over whey protein for smoothies? I eat plenty of chicken and beef and make shakes with frozen fruit and whey protein.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,980 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by FLsnakeman View Post
    So many delicious ways to cook beef and chicken and people are having it as protein powder does this have benefits over whey protein for smoothies? I eat plenty of chicken and beef and make shakes with frozen fruit and whey protein.
    Whole proteins are best but I use whey isolates directly post workout w creatine , and EEAS preworkout. There are benefits to both. I always eat cottage cheese and eggs or cottage and cherries at nighttime.(cherries have natural melatonin and casein protein in cheese)*

Max

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Rep Points

I eat chicken at subway almost everyday. Way better for you than beef..!!

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    255 Posts
    Rep Points

Interesting study! I eat chicken breast, turkey breast, and steak lately. Lots of whey too.