• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Show us your home gym setup (pics)

jozifp103

Board Rep
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I don't know about you guys but when my gym closed I pretty much lost my mind. I thought I could hack not going to the gym for a month. I figured I could take this time to focus on other aspects of my life. But that lasted about a week. In a span of about 2 weeks I had spent over $2k on home gym equipment. EVERYONE was price gouging so $2k didn't get me very far but I have enough to hit all my body parts and still get a good lift in. Now I'm hooked and want to keep expanding and acquiring more equipment.

So without further ado, here's what I have so far. My basement is finished and carpeted so I had to lay down plywood and rubber tiles. It isn't much like I said, but it's a start and it's enough to keep me going during these times.

home-gym.jpg
home-gym1.jpg
home-gym2.jpg
home-gym3.jpg

Let's see your setup.

I grabbed what i could before everyting sold out also. Like you not alot but enough to get a good workout. I want to expand now also. If only the garage was not so full and crowded.

/Users/shortcut/Pictures/Photos Library.photoslibrary/resources/derivatives/A/A7B21333-A06D-43B0-B315-D7FA1FA47D72_1_105_c.jpeg

/Users/shortcut/Pictures/Photos Library.photoslibrary/resources/derivatives/D/D0101381-9DD2-4472-A9B9-66EB1865D003_1_105_c.jpeg

I have adjustable dumbbells up to 52.5lbs, a bench, and bands. It's been enough to keep me moving and pumped up. But definitely ready to get back in the gym.

I don't know about you guys but when my gym closed I pretty much lost my mind. I thought I could hack not going to the gym for a month. I figured I could take this time to focus on other aspects of my life. But that lasted about a week. In a span of about 2 weeks I had spent over $2k on home gym equipment. EVERYONE was price gouging so $2k didn't get me very far but I have enough to hit all my body parts and still get a good lift in. Now I'm hooked and want to keep expanding and acquiring more equipment.

So without further ado, here's what I have so far. My basement is finished and carpeted so I had to lay down plywood and rubber tiles. It isn't much like I said, but it's a start and it's enough to keep me going during these times.

home-gym.jpg
home-gym1.jpg
home-gym2.jpg
home-gym3.jpg

Let's see your setup.

Nice job! Lucky! Seems like one guy bought all the plates and dumbbells on the internet. I have a feeling they live in Wuhan and had a heads up! Lol

Max

I’ve got a 10lb dumbbell, a 5 gallon water jug and a rock that weighs about 20 lbs. Oh, and some cardboard I lay down the the gravel parking lot to do push ups. That’s it. I did buy a bike/elliptical hybrid thing that is adequate.

How the fuck do I post pictures on here now days? I've got a nice setup in my unfinished basement: power rack, tons of plates, industrial lat pull/seated row, cybex preacher curl, leg curl, calf machine, dumbells up the ass. I haven't trained in a commercial gym in 6 years.

How the fuck do I post pictures on here now days? I've got a nice setup in my unfinished basement: power rack, tons of plates, industrial lat pull/seated row, cybex preacher curl, leg curl, calf machine, dumbells up the ass. I haven't trained in a commercial gym in 6 years.
It's way easier to post pics from the Tapatalk app.
Sounds like a pretty sweet set up tho

I Didn't Choose the Swolle Life, The Swolle Life Chose Me

If using a phone:

1.) make sure you are on full view mode (full site mode or something to that effect)

2.) click go advanced at bottom of text box

3.) once in go advanced mode scroll down and click manage attachments box

4.) choose file from phone library

5.) click upload

6.) you should see in the attachment window some data signaling a successful
attachment, at that point hit the close window box in the upper right corner.

7.) submit post (you may have to have at least 3 letters in the text box for it to successfully post to the forum)

It's way easier to post pics from the Tapatalk app.
Sounds like a pretty sweet set up tho

I Didn't Choose the Swolle Life, The Swolle Life Chose Me
Its a great setup. The walls are unfinished, as its in my subbasement. BUT it has everything I need. I use bands for my chest flys instead of a cable machine. I'll try to find a way to post pics, downloading the taptalk add now.

- - - Updated - - -

If using a phone:

1.) make sure you are on full view mode (full site mode or something to that effect)

2.) click go advanced at bottom of text box

3.) once in go advanced mode scroll down and click manage attachments box

4.) choose file from phone library

5.) click upload

6.) you should see in the attachment window some data signaling a successful
attachment, at that point hit the close window box in the upper right corner.

7.) submit post (you may have to have at least 3 letters in the text box for it to successfully post to the forum)
Couldn't get that to work. My advanced doesn't have options for file from phone library...what the fuck!

IML Gear Cream!
Its a great setup. The walls are unfinished, as its in my subbasement. BUT it has everything I need. I use bands for my chest flys instead of a cable machine. I'll try to find a way to post pics, downloading the taptalk add now.

- - - Updated - - -

Couldn't get that to work. My advanced doesn't have options for file from phone library...what the fuck!
Once you hit go advanced I choose the attachment icon and not where it says photos than it will let you choose a pic

It works and that’s a nice setup

It works and that’s a nice setup
Thx man. I'd like to throw some drywall up or even looked into just painting the exposed studs (ceiling + walls) black. But it works. Its not a large area, so I don't have room for any cardio equipment so I go outside for that.

I grabbed what i could before everyting sold out also. Like you not alot but enough to get a good workout. I want to expand now also. If only the garage was not so full and crowded.

/Users/shortcut/Pictures/Photos Library.photoslibrary/resources/derivatives/A/A7B21333-A06D-43B0-B315-D7FA1FA47D72_1_105_c.jpeg

/Users/shortcut/Pictures/Photos Library.photoslibrary/resources/derivatives/D/D0101381-9DD2-4472-A9B9-66EB1865D003_1_105_c.jpeg
I think something went wrong with your pics bro. Can't see em.
Nice job! Lucky! Seems like one guy bought all the plates and dumbbells on the internet. I have a feeling they live in Wuhan and had a heads up! Lol

Max
Bro I drove myself crazy trying to find this shit. I couldn't believe that every nook and cranny of the internet was sold out of weights. Luckily due to my desperation and obsessive persistence I found a guy on facebook marketplace who lives 20 minutes from me who had some flat bars, EZ bars, and a ton of 10 lb plates. I spent about $500 with him and on my first visit he told me he has "a guy" who he orders his equipment from so he can get me anything I need. Now I just call him and say "Hey I need a set of 75 lb dumbbells, a pair of 25 lb plates with 1" holes, and a tricep bar." He usually has it all within a week. He's a total sketch ball but he saved me from serious depression from not being able to train during these times. Who knows how much longer the gyms will be closed for...
I have adjustable dumbbells up to 52.5lbs, a bench, and bands. It's been enough to keep me moving and pumped up. But definitely ready to get back in the gym.
Ah the old Bowflex 552's? Those are actually pretty nice compared to other stuff bowflex makes. I tried to get a set of those as it's a lot cheaper than buying an entire set of dumbbells from 5-50 lbs but they were nowhere to be found after the gyms vlosed and the ones I could find were price gouged to $800-$1200 for a set! Considering there's a lot of weight in between 5 and 50 lbs I figured I'd just buy individual pairs of dumbbells for the weights I actually use.

Does this work?
078f0273564930add8c7e4695c6fe80c.mov

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There we go. Solid setup. How high are those ceilings? I only have 8 ft to work with unfortunately so some equipment is out of the question for me.
Nothing grand but its my little corner in the garage.
There ya go. You literally have the 2 things I'm missing....a squat rack, and a cable machine for lat pull-downs. I'm not sure I have the ceiling height for either of those. I'm been using resistance bands with a door anchor to try to hit my lats with pull-downs but bands really don't offer the right kind of resistance IMO. I'll most likely resort to one of those doorway pull up bars.

Last edited:
There we go. Solid setup. How high are those ceilings? I only have 8 ft to work with unfortunately so some equipment is out of the question for me.
Ceilings are about 8.5 to 9 maybe. The rack is about 7' tall. Took me several years to find all the equipment. Just scowered craigslist for several hundred miles and would make a saturday trip to pick up if I found something good. That Lat Pull is very nice. It came out of a high school gym in northern Iowa, 150 bucks. They were selling off old equipment and getting ready to build a new gym. Got a really nice cybex preacher curl for 90 bucks from a guy in downtown KC. Bought the rack new from Titan Fitness, its the T3 rack. Haven't had a need to visit a gym for years and I'm much bigger/stronger now than I've ever been.

Get Shredded!
I got to be good friends with a fella that supplies gyms with new equipment so he's able to buy all there old items at really low rates.

Ceilings are about 8.5 to 9 maybe. The rack is about 7' tall. Took me several years to find all the equipment. Just scowered craigslist for several hundred miles and would make a saturday trip to pick up if I found something good. That Lat Pull is very nice. It came out of a high school gym in northern Iowa, 150 bucks. They were selling off old equipment and getting ready to build a new gym. Got a really nice cybex preacher curl for 90 bucks from a guy in downtown KC. Bought the rack new from Titan Fitness, its the T3 rack. Haven't had a need to visit a gym for years and I'm much bigger/stronger now than I've ever been.
Wow, I've never priced out gym equipment until the Corona closed my gym and forced me to improvise. But you wouldn't believe the price gauging that is going on. Hearing what you paid for that stuff makes me realize how much I got ripped off lol. Anyways I definitely want to expand my home gym and really make it legit. Maybe move it into the unfinished part of my basement where all my storage is, or even pave an outdoor gym. I would probably still use my membership though. I really love the gym atmosphere, having my gym buddies there to spot, women to look at etc. Something about it just motivates me.
Some equipment i was able to pull together.
Now you're just showin off bro. Seriously that's a sick setup. You could charge a membership fee to use that.
Got the set 20 thru 110 with the rack for 500 bucks couldn't pass it up
Damn that's a steal compared to what people are charging right now during the pandemic. People are charging $2-$3 per lb right now. And desperate meat heads like me are happily paying it lol.

i think once this madness is over there will be equipment for sale at crazy cheap prices

Back