• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Let’s discuss bulking and your thoughts!

A.font401

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
15177ba9d658badd5d81aedf0deb5506.jpg

So I recently watched videos of lee priest and Greg doucette having alittle back and fourth about how to properly bulk. Lee priest is saying to bulk you have to put on some bad weight in order to grow and Dave palumbo did in fact agree. Greg is saying that’s stupid and unhealthy, there’s no need at all to put on bad weight in order to properly bulk and achieve overall size and muscle.
Here are the videos:

https://youtu.be/oFpgPueXlI0

https://youtu.be/5K9nuphc4ws

So what is everyone’s opinion on this? Who do you think is right or wrong? Or maybe they are both right? I’ve always had the old school mentality of a bulk is a bulk, it’ll be some bad and some good weight. Greg does make some good points tho!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think personally they are both right. Everyone’s diet and nutrition can be different to bulk. Some people react better to other foods than some.

Great post.

I think that if your given Top notch anabolics, gh , and insulin; your job is pro bodybuilding, and you get paid ! You need a ton of calories to create massive growth all the compounds in the world won’t make you grow. Each pro bodybuilder has a different view because their bodies and metabolisms are all custom designed and very different. Also, these same bodybuilders views changes over time throughout their careers and now that they are older they also don’t want to get into trouble giving dangerous advice ! I will say this, “
Lee has not changed his view and has always believed in the dirty bulk” that being said, I think clean calories can only get you so far!. If you understand that off season and what you see online or in a magazine are two very different things. In the off season, their main job was to eat massive quantities of food, I’m talking full 3-4,000+ calories at one sitting. I cannot count how many times I’ve watched how much they eat. Jay cutler for instance. He would eat for a family of 4-5 by himself. With the high amounts of insulin, gh , test, (and usually nandrolone ), they also had coaches and doctors a helper , Jay used his ex first wife for that ! Lol. Helping them prep, and reminding them to eat, eat!! Similar to sumo wrestlers in japan, just a bit different style of food and training. The guys that eat clean all year most likely are going to look good but they are not going to change like someone who is taking dramatic increases in calories. Heck, there are keto bodybuilders, vegan, etc. I believe whatever makes you grow on a weekly basis is good for you . I do believe in high calorie meals if enhanced and trying to be pro- or are a pro bodybuilder- and/or paid model . I don’t go out of my way to eat at KFC but, I do use more carbs and fats, I eat huge cuts of red fatty steaks and 73:27 burger,‘I add butter to my rice, I add cheese to my burgers. I’m not looking to go take my shirt off and look good if I am doing
a true bulk. Then, when your coach/trainer tells you your schedule based on everything you did in the off season and it is time to cut, everything changes that day. You switch your diet completely. So , my answer is Yes; just not a total junk diet with processed food as your main source . Hyper-caloric intake is needed. Your body thrives on carbs and fat during off season bulking. It is rare to for a person to have this type of diet, we just get to see that more on this forum because we are interested in bodybuilding. I’ve said many times, a lot of these guys lie and tell half truths online and in print in web. They are not completely honest 100% , thst is a fact I know. Some guys can lose money or get someone into trouble if they open their mouth. Some are about 75% honest , most lie through their teeth , selling service, a product , or trying to get hits on their channel/social media, they even say outrageous, untrue comments to start fake online feuds when they are really friends pumping their online presence.

Max

I think that if your given Top notch anabolics, gh , and insulin; your job is pro bodybuilding, and you get paid ! You need a ton of calories to create massive growth all the compounds in the world won’t make you grow. Each pro bodybuilder has a different view because their bodies and metabolisms are all custom designed and very different. Also, these same bodybuilders views changes over time throughout their careers and now that they are older they also don’t want to get into trouble giving dangerous advice ! I will say this, “
Lee has not changed his view and has always believed in the dirty bulk” that being said, I think clean calories can only get you so far!. If you understand that off season and what you see online or in a magazine are two very different things. In the off season, their main job was to eat massive quantities of food, I’m talking full 3-4,000+ calories at one sitting. I cannot count how many times I’ve watched how much they eat. Jay cutler for instance. He would eat for a family of 4-5 by himself. With the high amounts of insulin, gh , test, (and usually nandrolone ), they also had coaches and doctors a helper , Jay used his ex first wife for that ! Lol. Helping them prep, and reminding them to eat, eat!! Similar to sumo wrestlers in japan, just a bit different style of food and training. The guys that eat clean all year most likely are going to look good but they are not going to change like someone who is taking dramatic increases in calories. Heck, there are keto bodybuilders, vegan, etc. I believe whatever makes you grow on a weekly basis is good for you . I do believe in high calorie meals if enhanced and trying to be pro- or are a pro bodybuilder- and/or paid model . I don’t go out of my way to eat at KFC but, I do use more carbs and fats, I eat huge cuts of red fatty steaks and 73:27 burger,‘I add butter to my rice, I add cheese to my burgers. I’m not looking to go take my shirt off and look good if I am doing
a true bulk. Then, when your coach/trainer tells you your schedule based on everything you did in the off season and it is time to cut, everything changes that day. You switch your diet completely. So , my answer is Yes; just not a total junk diet with processed food as your main source . Hyper-caloric intake is needed. Your body thrives on carbs and fat during off season bulking. It is rare to for a person to have this type of diet, we just get to see that more on this forum because we are interested in bodybuilding. I’ve said many times, a lot of these guys lie and tell half truths online and in print in web. They are not completely honest 100% , thst is a fact I know. Some guys can lose money or get someone into trouble if they open their mouth. Some are about 75% honest , most lie through their teeth , selling service, a product , or trying to get hits on their channel/social media, they even say outrageous, untrue comments to start fake online feuds when they are really friends pumping their online presence.

Max

Very very well said max! Also man plain and simple some of these guys are just genetic freaks! Look at lee priests parents and him at 14, then him at 20! Absolutely insane. He had all the right guidance and been in the lifestyle since birth.
I do believe like you said that in order to truly grow you do have to put some “bad” weight on. I’m no body builder just a regular guy who hits the gym. I don’t eat clean all the time. Maybe 80% of the time. If I’m out with my girl and I’m hungry we go wherever we want and eat. I will def not order a salad lol I’ll get a big burger or even pizza depending where we end up!

Very very well said max! Also man plain and simple some of these guys are just genetic freaks! Look at lee priests parents and him at 14, then him at 20! Absolutely insane. He had all the right guidance and been in the lifestyle since birth.
I do believe like you said that in order to truly grow you do have to put some “bad” weight on. I’m no body builder just a regular guy who hits the gym. I don’t eat clean all the time. Maybe 80% of the time. If I’m out with my girl and I’m hungry we go wherever we want and eat. I will def not order a salad lol I’ll get a big burger or even pizza depending where we end up!

Most definitely, I skip soup and salads and go for huge plates of entrees! The huge salads w protein come in to play at another time for another goal or purpose. My total kcals/macro ratios and time I eat is all I follow : per the goal.
If you want to look lean and hard all year, I would follow the clean eating and barely any androgens, it would be TRT w 2-3 iu gh and moderate primo and.a touch of nandrolone. I would eat clean and train daily w cardio. To each their own. I love ribeye steak and fries , but not if I have a goal to lose weight an to get shredded : fries are not on the menu. Lol

Max

Most definitely, I skip soup and salads and go for huge plates of entrees! The huge salads w protein come in to play at another time for another goal or purpose. My total kcals/macro ratios and time I eat is all I follow : per the goal.
If you want to look lean and hard all year, I would follow the clean eating and barely any androgens, it would be TRT w 2-3 iu gh and moderate primo and.a touch of nandrolone. I would eat clean and train daily w cardio. To each their own. I love ribeye steak and fries , but not if I have a goal to lose weight an to get shredded : fries are not on the menu. Lol

Max

You have good will power! Fries are always on the menu!!! Lol sweet potato fries are the best

Depends on what your goals are and what you're trying to do. I do think there's some Merit to bulking up but I don't think you should put on a ton of body fat and get over 20%. you got to think about health too, when I get up over 240 my blood pressure goes way up and I start feeling like shit, bulking up is usually not good for the body.

Depends on what your goals are and what you're trying to do. I do think there's some Merit to bulking up but I don't think you should put on a ton of body fat and get over 20%. you got to think about health too, when I get up over 240 my blood pressure goes way up and I start feeling like shit, bulking up is usually not good for the body.

I remember the beginning of your mk and lgd run you were having blood pressure problems once you packed on like 15-20lbs!

You have good will power! Fries are always on the menu!!! Lol sweet potato fries are the best

I love those Cajun dusted Alexa Sweet Potato Fries. I make a baked/version there great . They come out like they have been fried but, there is no beating a twice fried -French fry!!

Max

Agreed. Body fat getting too high is not a good look. I am sure some of these older competitive pros , (especially African-American men as it is inherent:fact higher % of hypertension and diabetes) like Dexter and Kai, without modern medicines what there BP/HR would be? Obviously people using PED’s of any kind need good physician, I looked up how many wrestlers died young from heart attacks and was quite shocked.

Max

IML Gear Cream!
What’s your take on consuming oats meal cooked vs oats in a shake during a bulk? If someone is a hard gainer or might just be constantly full and needs to get those extra carbs in

What’s your take on consuming oats meal cooked vs oats in a shake during a bulk? If someone is a hard gainer or might just be constantly full and needs to get those extra carbs in

For me it’s easier to drink oats in a shake and faster than sitting down and eating them. I’m weird and don’t like certain textures. I need my oatmeal watery or I can’t eat it cause it grosses me out lmao

I love those Cajun dusted Alexa Sweet Potato Fries. I make a baked/version there great . They come out like they have been fried but, there is no beating a twice fried -French fry!!

Max

Sweet potato fries and chicken parm are my weakness man. One week I had it 3 nights in a row all take out from this little Italian place down the road lmao

For me it’s easier to drink oats in a shake and faster than sitting down and eating them. I’m weird and don’t like certain textures. I need my oatmeal watery or I can’t eat it cause it grosses me out lmao

Thanks for the response man. So I did some googling lol. cooked eggs vs raw eggs. Cooked eggs has more protein available than raw eggs. Someone might be able to debunk this and that’s why im asking. Plus if that is true I wonder if it’s the same for oats raw vs oats cooked (carbs available)

Thanks for the response man. So I did some googling lol. cooked eggs vs raw eggs. Cooked eggs has more protein available than raw eggs. Someone might be able to debunk this and that’s why im asking. Plus if that is true I wonder if it’s the same for oats raw vs oats cooked (carbs available)

Hmmm I’ve never thought about the egg thing but how would cooking it provide more protein? Maybe I have to do some googling quick lol

I think that’s the part I’m having trouble understanding. How cooked would produce more. Cause when I wake up in the morning 7am it’s so damn hard to eat..

So I drink 30-40oz water until 830-9 then eat a big big breakfast. I wonder if at 7am when I wake up if I do a breakfast shake then eat a decent meal at 9am. Maybe 1/2 cup or a cup oats. Couple eggs and scoop protein.

I think that’s the part I’m having trouble understanding. How cooked would produce more. Cause when I wake up in the morning 7am it’s so damn hard to eat..

So I drink 30-40oz water until 830-9 then eat a big big breakfast. I wonder if at 7am when I wake up if I do a breakfast shake then eat a decent meal at 9am. Maybe 1/2 cup or a cup oats. Couple eggs and scoop protein.

I wake up at 4:30am but wait till 6am to eat, then shake at 9am, and then lunch at 11:30ish. Then a few more times when I’m home. If I don’t eat every few hours I feel like shit.

That article was the first one that came up when I googled cooked eggs vs raw so I was alittle lazy with the search lol

I’ll definitely have to do more digging in my research to see if that’s total true. Cause I did the same as you. Googled it. First then came up read it. Some what understood it and it seemed legit.

I’ve been thinking about waking up earlier to get more food in as well.

Get Shredded!
I’ll definitely have to do more digging in my research to see if that’s total true. Cause I did the same as you. Googled it. First then came up read it. Some what understood it and it seemed legit.

I’ve been thinking about waking up earlier to get more food in as well.

Mass gainer shakes my man!!

I been looking up Nathan Payton because he’s a lot of the strongman’s diet coach. And he suggest a mass gainer as well. I know most people say don’t do it cause of the sugar and stuff but like we discussed earlier.. some people might be able to eat something and get away with it than some others.

I been looking up Nathan Payton because he’s a lot of the strongman’s diet coach. And he suggest a mass gainer as well. I know most people say don’t do it cause of the sugar and stuff but like we discussed earlier.. some people might be able to eat something and get away with it than some others.

That’s exactly it bro. There is no 1 way to do things for everyone with this stuff and I love that!

Sweet potato fries and chicken parm are my weakness man. One week I had it 3 nights in a row all take out from this little Italian place down the road lmao. This little Italian place I go to doesn't have veal or Piccata so I just end up getting the chicken parmesan

I too eat chicken parm once every week or two at an Italian restaurant, love veal parm too. Also love chicken or veal picatta

Last edited:
I too eat chicken parm once every week or two at an Italian restaurant, love veal parm too. Also love chicken or veal picatta

The place near me is a small little place where the whole family is off the boat from Italy! The mom is in the back making all the food the real old school way it’s the best! Chicken parm with pink vodka sauce is the way to go!! Lol

The place near me is a small little place where the whole family is off the boat from Italy! The mom is in the back making all the food the real old school way it’s the best! Chicken parm with pink vodka sauce is the way to go!! Lol

Best Italian I ever had besides family was in Little Italy area in San Francisco. Soo good. Old women making the pastas by hand in the front of restaurant; I think they were polish though. Ironic

Max

Best Italian I ever had besides family was in Little Italy area in San Francisco. Soo good. Old women making the pastas by hand in the front of restaurant; I think they were polish though. Ironic

Max

That's like one of our top Mexican restaurants here in town...ran by Asians. Excellent food, though.

That's like one of our top Mexican restaurants here in town...ran by Asians. Excellent food, though.

Too funny! Being Scandinavian/Irish ; I grew up cooking in professional kitchens and at home a my mom. I have cooked for so many Mexican girlfriends that tell me I cook better than their abuelas !

Max

Too funny! Being Scandinavian/Irish ; I grew up cooking in professional kitchens and at home a my mom. I have cooked for so many Mexican girlfriends that tell me I cook better than their abuelas !

Max

now I'm craving (a) Mexican...woman. :)

Back