• ๐Ÿ‘‹Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • ๐Ÿ’ชCheck Out IronMag Labs Andro Hardยฎ - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! ๐Ÿ’Š
  • ๐Ÿ‘‰Check Out Platinum Pharms๐ŸŒฝCorn Hole Sale!๐ŸŒฝ

Welp, this aint good "Tyson Foods chairman warns 'the food supply chain is breaking"

Vision

Team supervisor P.S.L.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yep I saw this and def prices on meat at my store are through the roof

If you guys are in a jam in your state, my buddy owns a huge company and he is fully stocked on meat. He's in Colorado but he ships Nationwide for $50 bucks.

This is the highest grade restaurant meats, fish, chicken, etc.

I have bought several packs from him. I spend about $300 but it lasts me several months. And it lands after shipping in 2-3 days and ships with dry ice so it comes Frozen solid. I love his stuff

I don't get a dime for referring you guys, but this is a backup plan for anyone here finding themselves out of food.
www.gourmetgarys.com

My wife saw a bunch of people walking out of Sam's Club today with freezer units. Meat will soon become the new toilet paper...let the meat hording begin!!

I Didn't Choose the Swolle Life, The Swolle Life Chose Me

If you guys are in a jam in your state, my buddy owns a huge company and he is fully stocked on meat. He's in Colorado but he ships Nationwide for $50 bucks.

I have bought several packs from him. I spend about $300 but it lasts me several months. And it lands after shipping in 2-3 days and ships with dry ice so it comes Frozen solid. I love his stuff

I don't get a dime for referring you guys, but this is a backup plan for anyone here finding themselves out of food.
www.gourmetgarys.com
well this is good to know.. I may just take this offer up to be honest... Good looking out man!!!!!!:twothumbs:

Hopeful no one feels a pinch from this, this would be awful, just awful that this great country USA would have a food shortage.. I can't even wrap my mind around the possibility of that even happening..

A guy in this forum works for a plant! Maybe he will chime in! Not good! I literally bought $900 in proteins(different cuts every type of animal)plus seafood. Hate buying frozen shrimp ! Gotta do it.

Max

I work do plant maintenance for a large dairy product corporation, there has been no slow down in our company. The farmers that supply us milk are in full swing.. My best friend is in poultry plant maintenance and they are full swing as well.. we all are still in production 6 days a week..

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

I work do plant maintenance for a large dairy product corporation, there has been no slow down in our company. The farmers that supply us milk are in full swing.. My best friend is in poultry plant maintenance and they are full swing as well.. we all are still in production 6 days a week..

That is good to hear!

Max

What is your take on this article? Besides the fact that it's fear-mongering..
If you state that you guys are in full swing, what about other plants?

Its possible that there will be some throttle back on a plant by plant bases, especially if someone there tests positive. All food processing facilities are considered essential and are open, we has a few people who reported possible symptoms and they and everyone in contact with them were sent home for a week and were required to be tested and cleared before returning. All processing plants are sanitized daily so the treat of food contamination is highly unlikely..

Not a great pic but this is part of the daily sanitation routine for us, every machine from top to bottom and the floors.. with daily swabbing to inspect for any and all germs.
fe0a4105d9eda4f858f8a70215467a5f.jpg

IML Gear Cream!

www.gourmetgarys.com

Thanks Wes, will consider this...and I am way out in New Hampshire.

Its possible that there will be some throttle back on a plant by plant bases, especially if someone there tests positive. All food processing facilities are considered essential and are open, we has a few people who reported possible symptoms and they and everyone in contact with them were sent home for a week and were required to be tested and cleared before returning. All processing plants are sanitized daily so the treat of food contamination is highly unlikely..

Now that's pretty interesting I guess that's a huge relief.. and that picture is really something else man you guys go above and beyond and really sanitize that place down..
Off-topic, just for educational purposes.. when you guys come in there and Let it loose like it is in the picture, that pretty much sanitizes everything pretty damn effectively huh? I'm just asking in general..

The chemical is an industry sanitizer, is part of a multi-step process. All equipment is stainless steel and the sanitizer is pretty strong.. , inside every tank and tubing that goes from any mix or ingredient tank also gets sanitizer run through the system all the way to where the final product is packed..

We wear face masks and have sterile gloves at every station as well as gallon jugs of alcohol. There are also sanitizer jets at every door so when you walk in the processing area your shoes are sanitized.

Iโ€™ll buy whole animals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The chemical is an industry sanitizer, is part of a multi-step process. All equipment is stainless steel and the sanitizer is pretty strong.. , inside every tank and tubing that goes from any mix or ingredient tank also gets sanitizer run through the system all the way to where the final product is packed..

We wear face masks and have sterile gloves at every station as well as gallon jugs of alcohol. There are also sanitizer jets at every door so when you walk in the processing area your shoes are sanitized.

That's pretty wild man..that's some serious sanitation and ass-kicking right there..

I used to do refrigeration in a poultry plant. Nothing smells worse than a poultry plant, and I've never seen a place kept cleaner than a poultry plant.

Time to start hunting and fishing to fill my freezer.

Itโ€™s all just a part of the liberal leftโ€™s plan to make us eat โ€œbeyond meatโ€.

I work for a manufacturing plant but we make candy and do pecans , it is off season right now . We normally lay-off people from February-June . We let most of the people go that would have stayed working when all of this stuff started happening. They were pretty happy to be making close to 1k a week to sit on their ass . My company is doing the ppp loan and there are some pissed off people that were called back to work . They were making more money at the house than they are now but the company has to pay out the money or have to pay it back . The system is flawed and they are doing some shady shit that I wonโ€™t post .

we do have two pretty big poultry plants around here and countless farms with chicken houses that are just as busy as they always are .

I work in a beef slaughter plant. So far we have not had any positives for COVID 19! we are definetly staying busier than ever. we are killing more cows and producing more meat 6 days a week. I am extremely lucky that i get meat when i need it. Our boss gave us meat and discounts. We feel pretty blessed. As far as statistics go, the pork industry and poultry are the ones that are taking the bigger hits. As of right now Beef supply has gone down only 10% vs pork which is at 25%!!

Get Shredded!

I work for a manufacturing plant but we make candy and do pecans , it is off season right now . We normally lay-off people from February-June . We let most of the people go that would have stayed working when all of this stuff started happening. They were pretty happy to be making close to 1k a week to sit on their ass . My company is doing the ppp loan and there are some pissed off people that were called back to work . They were making more money at the house than they are now but the company has to pay out the money or have to pay it back . The system is flawed and they are doing some shady shit that I wonโ€™t post .

we do have two pretty big poultry plants around here and countless farms with chicken houses that are just as busy as they always are .

I work in a beef slaughter plant. So far we have not had any positives for COVID 19! we are definetly staying busier than ever. we are killing more cows and producing more meat 6 days a week. I am extremely lucky that i get meat when i need it. Our boss gave us meat and discounts. We feel pretty blessed. As far as statistics go, the pork industry and poultry are the ones that are taking the bigger hits. As of right now Beef supply has gone down only 10% vs pork which is at 25%!!

Thank you gents for chiming in.. I learned a lot from this topic. I always wondered about this line of work, in plants and what not..
Pretty cool stuff..

Also, one huge thing I learned "again" and a refresher, is to stop believe hyped shit that this article is talking about. Fricken ulterior motive with these large corps trying to play the fear mongering card..
Again TY..

This article is so misleading..:mad:

Indeed it is!!

I am Quality Safety and Programs manager so This is litterally what i do!!
Definitely keep everyone posted if you see any changes in the market. If I didn't make this thread, I'd be one of those suckers actuality falling for the hype..

on the other side, I'm confident and most certain that people will start hoarding now and stocking the hell up and buying shit like crazy.

I been horading way before lol. Not out of panic, just an addiction of seen a really nice cut and buying it and doing it over and over again.

I been horading way before lol. Not out of panic, just an addiction of seen a really nice cut and buying it and doing it over and over again.
I'm kinda the same way, I've always been that way with chicken.. and long before all of this with, I've always had plenty of hand-sanitizer.. I'm a germ phobe
I have a bad habit of buying meats when I see deals..

speaking in which.. What do you think is the best cut for the buck? is there any cut that you feel is marketed wrong?

Real or fear mongering I did last night pick up 2 extra tubs of mutant protein powder to have on hand just in case.

I appreciate everyone's feedback in this thread.

Its really hard to tell as it is all about preference. IMO flap meat is something that i definetly see as something extremely expensive and so is the NY steak. I 100% would choose a ribeye steak over any of this and even there it is all overpriced. In here we slaughter and bone out for further processing meaning we just get the big rolls of cuts and sell them to companies like Walmart, Wholefoods, Tyson, etc and they make the cuts and present them at the stores. on the Ribeye we get $4.50 per lb and you see a steak being sold for over 8-10 dollars at retail level. and its like that with everything.

Its really hard to tell as it is all about preference. IMO flap meat is something that i definetly see as something extremely expensive and so is the NY steak. I 100% would choose a ribeye steak over any of this and even there it is all overpriced. In here we slaughter and bone out for further processing meaning we just get the big rolls of cuts and sell them to companies like Walmart, Wholefoods, Tyson, etc and they make the cuts and present them at the stores. on the Ribeye we get $4.50 per lb and you see a steak being sold for over 8-10 dollars at retail level. and its like that with everything.
Man, you must be spoiled with the deals you get......

Back