• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Volume is the "main driver" of hypertrophy

IML Gear Cream!
Well im about to do a lot of 4-6 reps sets slow and 1-2 sec contraction at the top so we'll see what happens. Shouldve recorded my back day today but forgot tablet

UNCLE Z REP
WWW.UNCLEZ.RU FOR LIST/ORDERING

ORDERS@UNCLEZ.RU FOR ORDER QUESTIONS

PM FOR ALL OTHER HELP

Lol, same here. I'm doing alot of 5s and 6s. I could do more reps and puff myself out more but I don't feel like earned the right to do that, aka not strong enough, atleast on the basic lifts.

Lol, same here. I'm doing alot of 5s and 6s. I could do more reps and puff myself out more but I don't feel like earned the right to do that, aka not strong enough, atleast on the basic lifts.
Damn that. If ya wanna do more then do what ya like!

UNCLE Z REP

PM FOR ALL OTHER HELP

Damn that. If ya wanna do more then do what ya like!

UNCLE Z REP

PM FOR ALL OTHER HELP

Lol I may do 10s on squat or bench for a deload, but I feel like I'm missing out on strength gains when I lower the weight for too long.

Well im about to do a lot of 4-6 reps sets slow and 1-2 sec contraction at the top so we'll see what happens. Shouldve recorded my back day today but forgot tablet

UNCLE Z REP

PM FOR ALL OTHER HELP
Rep ranges aren't volume btw .....

Rep ranges aren't volume btw .....

I was going to say. I think people get confused on volume. Volume is more directly related to the amount of sets per exercise and the amount of exercises per muscle group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wikipedia defines volume as both sets and reps.
Reference quoted at end of article
426310bfd1b18d1395ee98d663508f07.jpg

Sent from my CPH1907 using Tapatalk

Wikipedia defines volume as both sets and reps.
Reference quoted at end of article
426310bfd1b18d1395ee98d663508f07.jpg

Sent from my CPH1907 using Tapatalk

Reps play into it but I think the biggest driver around volume is the amount of exercises and sets per body part. That being said if you are only doing 3-4 reps with 20-25 sets and 6-8 exercises per bodypart that doesn’t scream high volume to me. Need to be in the 8-12 to 12-15 range for reps with that layout then that’s high volume.

I was going to say. I think people get confused on volume. Volume is more directly related to the amount of sets per exercise and the amount of exercises per muscle group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right, total tonnage for a muscle group. Not sure how me talking about focusing on strength for 5-6 reps got misconstrued into that.

Youre all wrong... Its not reps or sets.. its higher volume of gears. :daydream:

actually youre both correct... the old school definition of “high volume" is sets and reps combined. the newer definition is sets not volumes ... go figure, someone else wanted to sound smart so they changed it

actually youre both correct... the old school definition of “high volume" is sets and reps combined. the newer definition is sets not volumes ... go figure, someone else wanted to sound smart so they changed it

Yeah I get that, they basically just simply it by taking the math out of it and saying that volume is how many sets you do, aka how many times you pushed the muscle close to or to failure, no matter the reps. I think it's an easier way for most to understand volume, because in the end however many times you pushed the muscle is what counts and not so much whether it was for 5 reps or 20. Sets of 20 mathematically will jack up your volume #s on paper but so many of those reps weren't even pushing the muscle (say the first 10-15 reps), compared to 5-8 rep sets where basically every rep was working your muscle pretty hard.

Genetics, we ALL will NOT have the same results from the same styles/concepts of training! Different genetics need different techniques.
Some guys will only grow from certain tequniques & some guys from other techniques.
Some guys will Never get big no matter what the do.
Some guyswill get huge no matter what technique they train with.
At 46yrs old & 30yrs of training i have to change things up to Shock my muscle to force strength & muscle gains.
My $00.02 !!! ;-) !!!:stirthepot:

Genetics, we ALL will NOT have the same results from the same styles/concepts of training! Different genetics need different techniques.
Some guys will only grow from certain tequniques & some guys from other techniques.
At 46yrs old & 30yrs of training i have to change things up to Shock my muscle to force strength & muscle gains.

Dang man, where'd you find this, I'd forgotten all about this thread! LOL

I think the best way I’ve heard it put recently is effort is the main driver of growth. Also I’ve seen guys spin their wheels with high volume sub failure training but I’ve never anyone who is eating enough not gain size by doing something like Dorian, JP, or DC training. Those types of routines literally work almost all across the board the fastest and are the most effective

I think the best way I’ve heard it put recently is effort is the main driver of growth. Also I’ve seen guys spin their wheels with high volume sub failure training but I’ve never anyone who is eating enough not gain size by doing something like Dorian, JP, or DC training. Those types of routines literally work almost all across the board the fastest and are the most effective

Well said!

Yup.

Back