• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

24 Hour Fitness weighs bankruptcy

Wiseguy

Board Rep
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Just read.

Gym chain 24 Hour Fitness is working with advisors to weigh options including bankruptcy that could come as soon as the next few months. First Gold's now this. I wonder if anyone will survive.

Luckily I live in a pretty big city and there are many gyms all over, so when the quarantine is lifted even if my current gym stays closed, I can transfer to many others that remain. But I feel for some of you that live out in small towns with limited gyms. Damn virus!

Sent from my 6062W using Tapatalk

Seems now gyms are starting to drop like flies from this virus :(

Funny thing is I am a member at both gyms and they haven't stopped charging their monthly fees, so why are they filing bankruptcy while closed and still charging?

Funny thing is I am a member at both gyms and they haven't stopped charging their monthly fees, so why are they filing bankruptcy while closed and still charging?

I received an email from 24 hour fitness informing me that they are not charging dues last month. You might want to contact them. I don’t know anyone paying gym dues to 24 hour fitness. My other gym I pay $300 up front and don’t have to worry about monthly dues.

I received an email from 24 hour fitness informing me that they are not charging dues last month. You might want to contact them. I don’t know anyone paying gym dues to 24 hour fitness. My other gym I pay $300 up front and don’t have to worry about monthly dues.
My gym also offered a free month, or a free guest pass for a friend for a month. Pretty cool for them to do this. LA fitness, sent emails about 3 weeks ago.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

I should say they sent me an email last month saying that they won’t be charging monthly dues until they reopen. But I would have no problem paying monthly dues if it would keep them from going under

Gold's is a scam.......get the stimulas and shut down 30 gyms.......sweet,,,and guess who pays that back...US

As I take it they are only shutting down the company owned gyms not the franchised ones.

I hope they don't. I bought a lifetime membership way back in the day. Only pay 45$ a yr to go. Also comes in handy when working out of town.

Well if I'm wrong........then it's so...........Damn sounded good,plus I used to belong,and hate that place SO corp. Amer

They linger they keep us shut down the more companies & small businesses owners go bankrupt. Listen now & hear me later this is a big deal not just here but globally. My wife is living in Dubai & they're on 24/7 shutdown I can't begin to imagine the amount of money lost much less the price of crude! Imo this will have devastating effects on us all. If they force a digital cashless society on us how will we buy gear? A US Army sergeant told me 32 years ago. I asked him why are they making steroids illegal? He said because they work & strong people can rebel. He said one day they will take our herbs & vitamins because sick unhealthy people can't fight back. Can't believe it that was so long ago.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Gold's is a hell hole I hope they close them all.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I might have to close down my Gym too. Rent is piling up. And there's no hope of opening anytime soon. Government is forcing me to pay all salaries from my pocket. I have paid for two months but that's it. It is not sustainable.

Sent from my CPH1907 using Tapatalk

I might have to close down my Gym too. Rent is piling up. And there's no hope of opening anytime soon. Government is forcing me to pay all salaries from my pocket. I have paid for two months but that's it. It is not sustainable.

Damn bro, that sucks. I hope things turn around for you soon

I Didn't Choose the Swolle Life, The Swolle Life Chose Me

Don’t shut down the gyms just get rid of some of your butlers

Don’t shut down the gyms just get rid of some of your butlers
Rule of business, never try to sail a drowning ship.
Im siphoning all my resources into my construction business.
Our government has made construction tax free.
Its a bad business decision to keep paying rents and salaries from pocket for another 6 or so months. Meanwhile having a better option at hand.
So i might just keep the equipment at a warehouse.

P.s butlers are already laid off. Corona scare fuckers would simply not listen and go out for congregation prayers

Back