• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

T4 and bulking

Wolves

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
been doing some research on T4 lately and seems like a good product to run during a bulk to help keep some of fat off, has anyone here ran T4 during a bulk before? if so did it help you keep fat gain down to minimum?

I run it year round since my bloods came back hypo about 5 years ago. 37.5 mcg keeps my TSH in range. Cant say Ive noticed a dif in energy or fat loss tbh so I know this doesnt help much lol

I took T4 last year with hgh and noticed it made me tired after I would take it.
Last year after the transformation contest I started with 100mcg a day.

I’m sure it has an effect when your body is in need of it like in a gh cycle and it did lean me up some but I stopped after a couple months of taking it. Unfortunately my experience is limited to that and hearsay on forums around the internet but I just ordered more and will keep you posted.

I took T4 last year with hgh and noticed it made me tired after I would take it.
Last year after the transformation contest I started with 100mcg a day.

I’m sure it has an effect when your body is in need of it like in a gh cycle and it did lean me up some but I stopped after a couple months of taking it. Unfortunately my experience is limited to that and hearsay on forums around the internet but I just ordered more and will keep you posted.

I recommend always taking it with T3.

I recommend always taking it with T3.

Thats been a long debated argument, I tried 50-75mcg a day cytomel and discovered t3 is very highly catabolic I might be sensitive to it not sure but even on test and winstrol I lost a noticeable amount of lean mass so not a fan of t3.
The T4 I did not end up having adverse reactions after I stopped taking it either such as random cold sweats during summer.

Last edited:
Thats been a long debated argument, I tried 50-75mcg a day cytomel and discovered t3 is very highly catabolic I might be sensitive to it not sure but even on test and winstrol I lost a noticeable amount of lean mass so not a fan of t3.
The T4 I did not end up having adverse reactions after I stopped taking it either such as random cold sweats during summer.
yeah i did more research and it seems too much t3 can cause catabolic effects and burn muscle tissue, I don't plan on running it at all anymore

Guys over think things when they are at the point of even considering t3/t4.. if your bloods say its necessary, thats one thing.
people will be more disappointed in the returns, and if anything you may have more set backs. people don't need these drugs in most cases. if people are trying to avoid as mush fat as possible during a bulk than you are already going against your own gains with that thought process.. Expect to get a little fluffy with a bulk, its not such a bad thing, and hwy people fear it beats me. you can always target this when its time to lean out. if people want the added advantage, than just focus on the goal and take it as it comes. you can always make adjustments.

T3 will increase metabolic rate so you have to eat. Most people that have negative catabolic sides are not eating enough. I never run T4
Without it as in my experience T4 alone can shut the thyroid down.

T3 will increase metabolic rate so you have to eat. Most people that have negative catabolic sides are not eating enough. I never run T4
Without it as in my experience T4 alone can shut the thyroid down.

I ran bloods after taking T4 and while thyroid was suppressed it came back for me very quickly. I know this is dependent on your genetics as well though. I’ve often read that T3 also causes unwanted effects to hgh anabolism study below.

T3 negates HGH anabolism
1: J Hepatol. 1996 Mar;24(3):313-9. Related Articles, Links

Effects of long-term growth hormone (GH) and triiodothyronine (T3) administration on functional hepatic nitrogen clearance in normal man.

Wolthers T, Grofte T, Moller N, Vilstrup H, Jorgensen JO.

Department of Medicine M (Endocrinology and Diabetes), Aarhus University Hospital, Denmark.

BACKGROUND/AIMS: A decline in urea excretion is seen following long-term growth hormone administration, reflecting overall protein anabolism. Conversely, hyperthyroidism is characterized by increased urea synthesis and negative nitrogen metabolism. These seemingly opposite effects are presumed to reflect different actions on peripheral protein metabolism. The extent to which these hormonal systems have different direct effects on hepatic urea genesis has not been fully characterized. METHODS: We measured urea nitrogen synthesis rates and blood alanine levels concomitantly before, during, and after a 4-h constant intravenous infusion of alanine (2 mmol.kg bw-1.h-1). Urea nitrogen synthesis rate was estimated hourly as urinary excretion corrected for gut hydrolysis and accumulation in body water. The slope of the linear relationship between urea nitrogen synthesis rate and alanine concentration represents the liver function as to conversion of amino-N, and is denoted the functional hepatic nitrogen clearance. Eight normal male subjects (age 21-27 years; body mass index 22.4-27.0 kg/m2) were randomly studied four times: 1) after 10 days of subcutaneous saline injections, 2) after 10 days of subcutaneous growth hormone injections (0.1 IU/kg per day), 3) after 10 days of triiodothyronine administration (40 micrograms on even dates, 20 micrograms on uneven dates) and 4) after 10 days given 2)+3). All injections were given at 20 00 h. RESULTS: Growth hormone decreased functional hepatic nitrogen clearance (l/h) by 30% (from 33.8 +/- 3.2 l/h (control) to 23.8 +/- 1.5 l/h (10 days growth hormone) (mean +/- SE) (ANOVA; p < 0.01)). Triiodothyronine did not change functional hepatic nitrogen clearance (36.7 +/- 3.2 l/h), but triiodothyronine given together with growth hormone abolished the effect of growth hormone functional hepatic nitrogen clearance (38.8 +/- 4.8 l/h). CONCLUSIONS: The results show that long-term growth hormone administration acts on liver by decreasing functional hepatic nitrogen clearance, thereby retaining amino-N in the body. Triiodothyronine has no effect on functional hepatic nitrogen clearance, but given together with growth hormone, it abolishes the effect of growth hormone on functional hepatic nitrogen clearance. A possible mechanism is the known effect of thyroid hormones in reducing the bioavailability of insulin-like growth factor-I. Thus, the effects of growth hormone and triiodothyronine on amino-N homeostasis are interdependent and to some extent exerted via interplay in their regulation of liver function as to amino-N conversion.

Publication Types:
Clinical Trial
Randomized Controlled Trial

Getting your formula for aas/gh/thyroid/slin takes a long time and a lot of blood work. Some cyborg I know has found his sweet spot and how to use correctly for himself but, it took a long time and a lot of experimentation and education. My thoughts on thyroid are it needs to be monitored and individualized. If a person chooses the path, they should be ready for the repercussions.

Max

If your thyroid is functioning properly, I don't see any reason for it. I'd look into b12 injections to keep the metabolism firing.

I dont understand why use t4 on bulking if not using hgh . Bulking is to put on mass and grow maximum possible , so never use nothing that burns calories or increase metabolism NEVER. No cardio , just eat alot and rest alot . Focus in one goal GROW , and after you achieve your maximum do the cutting ( never do both same time)

Back