Gear Church

This Virus-Your Life Has Been Impacted How?????

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Pain is Pleasure
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,919 Posts
    Rep Points

This Virus-Your Life Has Been Impacted How?????

Iíll start.

Nothing has really changed for me except instead of eating inside...Iím taking out. Ammunition has been a little harder to get.....such is life.

Gym is still open

Job is still fine

I do wonder about how things will be if this shutdown lasts for an extended period of time. People who are struggling for food and those who are financially struggling will start getting desperate. Desperation equals people with no hope....people with no hope make bad decisions...hence increased crime.......no fear....Sig Sauer is here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    323 Posts
    Rep Points

The virus is pretty bad where I am geographically located. My job got shut down last Friday. The grocery stores are sparsely stocked and packed full of people.

I stocked up on ammo a decent amount of 5.56 couple years ago, I agree that people will start acting desperately, just seeing how they act for food in a store.

There here has been an increase in car break ins at night in the local towns.

I started buying pieces to a home gym over the last couple years I'm glad I decided to build that. I'd be losing my mind if I couldn't train. Just trying to ride this out and not focus on the effects to the economy.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    924 Posts
    Rep Points

I've been locked up in the house for a month now, I can't go out or risk jail.

my life has not changed, my life is gone!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,812 Posts
    Rep Points

Just talking to my wife yesterday about this.

our life hasnít changed much. Only now I canít go to the gym. Still got work. We never really did anything. Work, gym, home is now work, home.

if this shit is still going on when weather finally breaks it will be stupid. I planned a few really cool kayaking trips and wanted to spend more time with my grandparents. Grandpa is 92 this summer and grandma is 88. I think theyíve been married for something like 65 years. Thatís insane!

Pain is Pleasure
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,919 Posts
    Rep Points

I agree bro...tough times call for tough people...keep pushing.

Quote Originally Posted by 303055622lr View Post
    The virus is pretty bad where I am geographically located. My job got shut down last Friday. The grocery stores are sparsely stocked and packed full of people.

I stocked up on ammo a decent amount of 5.56 couple years ago, I agree that people will start acting desperately, just seeing how they act for food in a store.

There here has been an increase in car break ins at night in the local towns.

I started buying pieces to a home gym over the last couple years I'm glad I decided to build that. I'd be losing my mind if I couldn't train. Just trying to ride this out and not focus on the effects to the economy.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

Pain is Pleasure
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,919 Posts
    Rep Points

I'm sorry bro...can you work out in the house? You can get hardcore with pull ups,push up and sit ups if need be.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    I've been locked up in the house for a month now, I can't go out or risk jail.

my life has not changed, my life is gone!

Pain is Pleasure
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,919 Posts
    Rep Points

Much respect for those grandparents...good people from a good era...they don't make folks like that much anymore.....hopefully you inherited those great genetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Milford King View Post
    Just talking to my wife yesterday about this.

our life hasnít changed much. Only now I canít go to the gym. Still got work. We never really did anything. Work, gym, home is now work, home.

if this shit is still going on when weather finally breaks it will be stupid. I planned a few really cool kayaking trips and wanted to spend more time with my grandparents. Grandpa is 92 this summer and grandma is 88. I think theyíve been married for something like 65 years. Thatís insane!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts
    Rep Points

Gyms been closed for about three weeks now. Kinda wish I didn't sell all my gym equipment years back. Had a good home gym all commercial heavy duty shit. Still have some but it's in storage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Rep Points

No job no gym. Moved in with my gf and her kids. Cooking a lot. Doing push-ups and having sex.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,567 Posts
    Rep Points

Definitely eating more carbs...those women are baking cookies and cakes and shit all the time. My cut may have to become a bulk.

Using less tp...not like we're running low or anything, but I'm kinda picky about "my brand." We didn't give into the early hoarding and scoffed at it...I hope I don't regret that decision. Thank goodness for constipation and squatty pottys...I can take almost perfectly clean poops!

Getting furloughed at work...will be taking about a 25% cut to the family budget. Just glad I'm still employed at this time, but it doesn't look good and they are laying off like crazy as well. I've lost track of how many bullets I've dodged over the years, but there may be one with my name on it this time.

The biggest change is the conversations we have now. And how creative we are getting to stay entertained. I took the trash out the other day and the elderly neighbor had just got home from his grocery run. I commented on it when I came back inside, and my daughter asked how I knew he had been to the grocery store. I said because I saw it. She asked if I was spying on the neighbors with our security cameras. I played along with it and I said "yes, today I'm pretending to be a security guard. Tomorrow I will be a fireman."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Rep Points

All is anything but good in my area, the virus coupled with bottomed out oil prices has many I know as well as my self facing job losses and substantial pay cuts and to make matters worse my 20 year old daughter is a fresh out of college nurse working her ass off right in the middle of this, I can only pray she can remain healthy.

Really hard to get a good training session in with ones mind wondering about all this bullshit, definitely getting a shit ton of use out the grill, hell I even grilled a pizza. Stay safe and healthy gentlemen!

Super duper mod

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,276 Posts
    Rep Points

They just now closed up my gyms yesterday. My wife is able to work from home except for about ten hours a week . They kind of shut my state down yesterday for two weeks but the amount of places allowed to go is crazy . Work told me that we are an essential place so I still have a job but donít know how busy the future will be .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts
    Rep Points

Financially speaking, nothing has changed for my household. My wife is a hs school teacher and has been getting paid for doing pretty much nothing since schools closed down. This Monday her district starts the distance learning phase. I receive a lifetime pension from when I was injured on duty. So as long as the state doesn't go bk I'm good.
    I've been piecing together a home gym for the last three weeks. This Friday my heavy dumbbells arrive and I'll be g2g.
    My one complaint is being cooped up with three women, wife, 14 and 16 year old daughters, 24/7. I love my wife and daughters, but got damn, they can talk. And in case anyone has wondered, It really is true what they say about women's menstrual cycles syncing up when they spend time together...fml

I Didn't Choose the Swolle Life, The Swolle Life Chose Me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,567 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by wesley_swolle View Post
    It really is true what they say about women's menstrual cycles syncing up when they spend time together...fml

Been there, done that. It really is a blessing. Kind of like ripping a bandaid off...at least you get it over quicker. Otherwise, you'd be dealing with them for 3 weeks every month!
    Step 1. Finish the gym
    Step 2. Stay in there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Multislacking View Post
    Been there, done that. It really is a blessing. Kind of like ripping a bandaid off...at least you get it over quicker. Otherwise, you'd be dealing with them for 3 weeks every month!
    Step 1. Finish the gym
    Step 2. Stay in there.
    Well, if ya'll don't here from me ever again, theres a very good chance I ate my gun