• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Pinched nerve

dosborn

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I'm pretty sure I have a pinched nerve because the pain is intermittent. Some days it's there and some days it's not. It's somewhere along my elbow in my left arm. If I do curls there is no problems; however, if I were to do reverse curse I get a shit load of pain to the point I can barely do any weight. Has anyone had a similar experience? If so, how did you work out the nerve?

Try free hanging from a pullups bar or something like that.

Rest, ice , compression, elevation

Yep happens to me. I personally try not to do reverse curls unless it’s light. Not sure if it’s a pinched nerve, more like tendinitis? I can go months without an issue but soon as I do the reverse curl it’s there.

An inversion table is worth it's weight in gold.........But your problem sounds mechanical,something in the rotation of the elbow.........I don't do reverse curls because it causes pain...If it's that painful-don't do it......

But even hammer curls will cause a little pain. But then there are times it doesn't bother me at all. I need to try a few things to work the nerve free and keep it that way.

I'm pretty sure I have a pinched nerve because the pain is intermittent. Some days it's there and some days it's not. It's somewhere along my elbow in my left arm. If I do curls there is no problems; however, if I were to do reverse curse I get a shit load of pain to the point I can barely do any weight. Has anyone had a similar experience? If so, how did you work out the nerve?
Where in the elbow.?
Inside or outside?
Is there any clicking or popping noise or feeling?
Any numbness radiating down the arm or into your fingers.?

Last edited:
Where in the elbow.?
Inside or outside?
Is there any clicking or popping noise or feeling?
Any numbness radiating down the arm or into your fingers.?

It's on the outside, the pain is around the brachialis area. No redness, popping, clicking, or numbness. What happens is when I lift something and my arm is at a certain angle there is a shooting pain. But then there are days where there is no pain and I have no problem lifting at all. I was going to tray and workout with an elbow sleeve, but with all this quarantine stuff going on I haven't had a chance to try it out.

I'm using this time to heal ALL problem areas....

IML Gear Cream!
i got the exact same pain. outside of the elbow.doesnt bother me all the time, just doing regular curls. tried the sleeve and it helps a little, but damn does that shit hurt. im actually trying just a little deca, but damn that shit takes forever to kick in. doesnt bother me doing bench or even tri ext. just when i do reg. curls. let me know if u figure out how to fix it. and ill do the same. probably just have to live w/it bro. its called old age. at least for me.

That's the bitch of it ...........Us old bastards looking all swole and pumped,in our 50's........

i got the exact same pain. outside of the elbow.doesnt bother me all the time, just doing regular curls. tried the sleeve and it helps a little, but damn does that shit hurt. im actually trying just a little deca, but damn that shit takes forever to kick in. doesnt bother me doing bench or even tri ext. just when i do reg. curls. let me know if u figure out how to fix it. and ill do the same. probably just have to live w/it bro. its called old age. at least for me.

I'll definitely let you all know!

So.... in my experience....

you need to change the overall weekly volume of your isolated arm work. I’m only 33 and I’ve hand severe tendinitis. The pain feels like your elbow but the problem starts in your wrists.

get rid of ‘arm day’ for awhile. Instead on back day finish off the workout with isolated tricep work and on chest day do the same with biceps... that way your still getting volume (back work engages biceps, chest/shoulder work engages triceps). Just make sure the volume on the lifts that your using for bi’s and tri’s is substantially lower than what you do on your bro split.

if you do bro splits, which I have in the past for a seriously long time.

you gotta change it up.... it used to get so bad for me that I couldn’t grip the steeering wheel. I needed a farmers knob to drive home after the gym.

rest, ice, compression and elevation. Also wrist straps. I wear them every workout now.

Back