• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Heavy hitter monster maker recipes!

heavyhitter

Board Rep
Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Here’s my granny’s recipe for chicken noodle soup with made from scratch noodles. So good, and if your bulking then serve the whole thing over a pile of mashed potatoes

Granny’s famous scratch made chicken noodle soup

For the soup
1 whole chicken leg quarter and two breasts(or just use a while chicken)
5 stalks of celery(chop 3 of them and leave the other two whole)
2 whole onions (one of them chopped)
A bunch of chopped carrots
5 cloves garlic(chop two of them)
Salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder to taste

For the noodles
1 cup flour
1 beaten egg
2 tbl milk
1/2 tsp salt
Combine all ingredients in bowl and knead until smooth. Let rest in bowl for ten minutes.
Roll the dough out to 1/8 inch thickness and cut into noodles with a pizza cutter and let dry on the counter after separating and tossing with some flour

Put the chicken in a pot along with 1 quartered onion, 2 stalks celery, 3 cloves garlic and simmer on medium for two hours. Take out the chicken and discard the veggies.
Chop up the chicken and return it to the pot.
Sauté the rest of the veggies until soft and slightly browned and add to the pot. Return to a boil and cook on medium high for 20 minutes. At the ten minute mark add your noodles and stir. At the end add in 3 tbl of flour that you mixed with 1/3 cup of cold water and slowly pour into the soup while stirring to avoid clumps.

My family always eats this over mashed potatoes, but it’s not a must

Attachments

• 3CFEDA15-573C-4171-9DE2-0AFF4A270268.jpeg
    3CFEDA15-573C-4171-9DE2-0AFF4A270268.jpeg
    267.4 KB · Views: 82
Homemade crockpot beef birria for tacos

4 lb beef roast
1 quart water
2 tsp better than bouillon beef flavor
3 tbl taco seasoning
1 tbl adobo sauce from a can of chipotles(throw one of the Chipotle’s in too if you like it spicy)
1 tsp oregano
1 small can of tomato sauce or half can tomato paste or 1 tomato bouillon cube

brown the beef in a skillet on all sides and then put in crockpot with all ingredients on low for 8 hours. shred the meat. Place some meat on heated corn tortillas with cilantro and chopped white onion. Pour the beef broth into bowls and dip tour tacos in the broth

Attachments

• CF94CCB2-9469-4D2F-8EE3-E381DC8058F7.jpeg
    CF94CCB2-9469-4D2F-8EE3-E381DC8058F7.jpeg
    205.2 KB · Views: 81
Nice! Big Cooking for Big Appetites!!

Max

Looks good. Might have to hit the market for goat and try that birria this week. Just started some carnitas this morning and about to start some 15 bean soup in a couple hours. Being shut in with 2 teenage boys is really starting to add up

That's fire right there! I love that with Goat.
I agree. It is very good with goat, but the only Mexican market around me that sells goat is like 40 minutes away

- - - Updated - - -

Looks good. Might have to hit the market for goat and try that birria this week. Just started some carnitas this morning and about to start some 15 bean soup in a couple hours. Being shut in with 2 teenage boys is really starting to add up
Ya man, I’ve got six kids who are all out of school so I’ve been doing tons of cooking

Like this New Mexico hatch red chili sauce

- - - Updated - -

Attachments

• 4E268713-7A38-41C1-BF1A-FC981EAFF4AC.jpeg
    4E268713-7A38-41C1-BF1A-FC981EAFF4AC.jpeg
    119.9 KB · Views: 77
Or this crusty French loaf

Attachments

• 9446F691-0E64-46C1-8970-A3E64ECFF867.jpeg
    9446F691-0E64-46C1-8970-A3E64ECFF867.jpeg
    165.9 KB · Views: 76
Beef is hella good in it also man love that stuff! Damn that's gotta be expensive lol
It definitely can be. I wait till meat is on sale for cheap and buy 20-40 lbs at a time

How bout fresh poke bowls?

Poke bowls!!!

1/2 lb of good quality salmon or ahi tuna
Carrots julienned into thin strips
Thin slice radishes
Sliced avocados
Sliced cucumber
Green onions
1-2 tsp sriracha
1.5 tbl soy sauce
.5 tsp sesame oil
Cooked seasoned rice

Chop your fish into smallish half inch pieces. In a bowl, add 1-2 tsp of sriracha or chili garlic sauce, 1.5 tbl soy sauce, and a bunch of chopped green onions and stir to combine. If you like the creamy poke....add 1 tbl mayonnaise to the marinade

Cook rice of your choice until done. Add .5 tbl sugar, 1 tbl rice vinegar and stir to coat.
Place a scoop of rice in a bowl. Top with fish and arrange the rest of your veggies. Top with toasted sesame seeds and enjoy

Attachments

• 070FFF2F-8B4F-47C4-9A03-1DF43163ACEA.jpeg
    070FFF2F-8B4F-47C4-9A03-1DF43163ACEA.jpeg
    252 KB · Views: 74
WHATS UP HEAVY ?!!! I FOUND YA, YEA IM SURE GLAD YOU HAVE THIS THREAD BROTHER, these recipes are the bomb, and my wifes out of work now due to the virus so i been coming home to meals again, lol, just like when i was married,, im gonna be enjoying this bro....

thanks for all the time and effort that you put into these threads for us, you go way out of your way bro and i mean you cover it all from A, to Z MAN.
YOU HOOKED ME UP AS A REP AND YOU HAVE HELPED A LOT OF US IN DIFFERENT SITUATIONS, you been a real asset to this board i know you helped me bigtime,,
Thanks again im very appreciative heavy.....

IML Gear Cream!
Roasted spaghetti squash. You can just eat this as a side to get some fiber, or....my favorite way is shredding it up and replacing noodles with the squash to make low carb diet spaghetti

- - - Updated - - -

Roasted spaghetti squash. You can just eat this as a side to get some fiber, or....my favorite way is shredding it up and replacing noodles with the squash to make low carb diet spaghetti

- - - Updated - - -

Well that was weird, lol. Here’s the recipe and picture
Roasted spaghetti squash.

Split your squash in half. Brush with melted butter. Sprinkle a bit of brown sugar on it and sprinkle with salt and pepper and any herbs and spices of your choosing. Place cut side down on a roasting pan and bake at 400 degrees for 1 hour. Shred with a fork and serve. It’s great topped with marinara and ground beef for a healthy meal

Attachments

• DFF5DB87-70C3-4945-B796-7F719B8F66CC.jpeg
    DFF5DB87-70C3-4945-B796-7F719B8F66CC.jpeg
    134.9 KB · Views: 64
Definitely not diet food, but great for bulking and delicious too
Easy and satisfying egg salad sandwiches

I like to use a hoagie roll for these as it holds the ingredients better...but plain old bread is fine. Toast it for best results

Egg salad
Hard boiled eggs as many as you need
Chopped up dill or sweet pickles to taste
Mustard
Mayonnaise
Pepper

Top bun or bread with lettuce, crispy bacon, tomatoes if you like them. You could do avocado too!
Add egg salad and enjoy!!!

Attachments

• 86D41CA7-E481-4BD1-A88A-B27DFAE8A8CA.jpeg
    86D41CA7-E481-4BD1-A88A-B27DFAE8A8CA.jpeg
    138.7 KB · Views: 63
These smothered pork chops could easily be made to fit into your diet by leaving off the breading and just seasoning the chops, searing in a little olive oil, and then smothering them with the onion gravy
Southern smothered pork chops

Take your pork chops and point them to 1/2 inch thick. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked (or regular) paprika, and a touch of cayenne. Dip in some flour that you’ve seasone with salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder, celery salt, sage, and thyme. Then dip in egg wash and back into the flour and set on a plate.
Heat about an inch of oil in a large skillet over medium high. Fry on each side until well browned on each side and place on a cookie sheet with a cooling rack in a 275 degree oven to finish while you prepare the pan gravy.

Dump the excess oil from the skillet and add in thin sliced onion and sauté until the onion is well browned and softened. Maybe 5 minutes. Toss in some slice mushroom and chopped garlic and sauté another 2 to 3 minutes. Add in 1 heaping tbl of flour and stir for 30 seconds or so. Add in 2 cups chicken stock, 1/2 cup of buttermilk, and salt and pepper and simmer on low for 15 minutes. Pour over your pork chop and enjoy

Attachments

• A918144F-8CD4-43EA-BCB5-A89D67056E7A.jpeg
    A918144F-8CD4-43EA-BCB5-A89D67056E7A.jpeg
    223.3 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
I meal prep this one often as it reheats really well and tastes just as good as fresh
Chicken and sausage gumbo

1/4 cup oil
1/4 cup flour

Combine in a large pot on medium high and stir constantly until very dark brown. It should be the color of the roux in this jar

Add in three chopped celery ribs, 2 chopped green peppers, and a whole chopped onion with 4 cloves chopped garlic and saute until translucent. Add in your cubed chicken breast and cut up sausage and sauté for a minute or so. Add a bunch of Cajun seasoning and 2 bay leaves and sauté 1 minute more.

Add a quart of chicken stock and bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium low and let go for around an hour. Add in a few shots of tobasco or Louisiana hot sauce if you want some heat, and a half tbl of red wine vinegar. Skim fat as it rises to the top. When it’s done, sprinkle in a teaspoon of file powder. Serve in a bowl with rice and too with chopped green onions

Attachments

• 820F10B8-1699-4EC7-BEDB-7FC1252E9049.jpeg
    820F10B8-1699-4EC7-BEDB-7FC1252E9049.jpeg
    309.5 KB · Views: 26
By the way....if anybody has a recipe request, or wants to post what items they have on hand(I know some groceries are hard to come across right now) I’d be happy to come up with e recipe for you.
heavy hitter’s custom recipes! Lol

This one for dinner tonight was super yummy. German beef rolls....or rouladen. First time ever making it. I saw it in an episode of diners, drive ins, and dives and thought it sounded yummy. Basically, it’s thin pounded steak...seasoned and smeared with mustard, and then you add a slice of bacon, thin sliced onions, and a pickle. You roll it up....pin it with toothpicks, and sauté it then simmer it in a brown gravy type sauce for an hour. Sooooo good

Attachments

• B0E62678-0EF3-4E6E-B358-835FB8152386.jpeg
    B0E62678-0EF3-4E6E-B358-835FB8152386.jpeg
    107.4 KB · Views: 23
Perfect bodybuilding food right here. Ditch the pita and eat it as a salad if you’re cutting.

Chicken shawarma

2 lemons, juiced
½ cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil
6 cloves garlic, peeled, smashed and minced
1 teaspoon kosher salt
2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 teaspoons paprika
½ teaspoon turmeric
A pinch ground cinnamon
Red pepper flakes, to taste
2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs(you can use breasts too but thighs have more flavor)
1 large red onion, peeled and sliced

Tsatziki sauce

1.5 cups unflavored Greek yogurt
1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
Juice of 2 lemons
2 cloves finely minced garlic
Salt and pepper to taste
Combine and let sit for at least an hour

Prepare a marinade for the chicken. Combine the lemon juice, 1/2 cup olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, cumin, paprika, turmeric, cinnamon and red pepper flakes in a large bowl, then whisk to combine. Add the chicken and toss well to coat. Cover and store in refrigerator for at least 1 hour and up to 12 hours.
When ready to cook, heat oven to 425 degrees. Use the remaining tablespoon of olive oil to grease a rimmed sheet pan. Add the quartered onion to the chicken and marinade, and toss once to combine. Remove the chicken and onion from the marinade, and place on the pan, spreading everything evenly across it.
Put the chicken in the oven and roast until it is browned, crisp at the edges and cooked through, about 30 to 40 minutes. Remove from the oven, allow to rest 2 minutes, then slice into bits. (To make the chicken even more crisp, set a large pan over high heat, add a tablespoon of olive oil to the pan, then the sliced chicken, and sauté until everything curls tight in the heat.)
Serve in pitas warmed in the microwave with slice tomato, slice cucumber, dill pickles, tsatziki sauce, and sliced raw red onion

Attachments

• E597250C-AFD9-409E-ABB4-EAA32A7C925C.jpeg
    E597250C-AFD9-409E-ABB4-EAA32A7C925C.jpeg
    173.2 KB · Views: 22
Pan roasted herb chicken

Heat about 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil in the pan on medium high until it just smoked. Put the chicken in skin side down and sear it until it's dark golden like this. Then flip over to the other side. Add a few cloves of chopped garlic and one chopped shallot to the pan along with whatever fresh herbs you like. This had thyme,sage, and parsley in it. Sauté for about one minute then add a half cup of any good wine that you would actually drink and about a cup of chicken stock. Put a lid on and turn the heat down to medium low and simmer till the chicken is cooked through. Keep an eye on the level of the stock and add more as needed to prevent scorching. You want the finished sauce to be thickened a bit but still be able to
Kind of drizzle it. Like a thin gravy

Attachments

• 01FDC6B1-EF23-40AF-AB74-4E33EC8562D9.jpeg
    01FDC6B1-EF23-40AF-AB74-4E33EC8562D9.jpeg
    196.2 KB · Views: 23
How bout fresh poke bowls?

Poke bowls!!!

1/2 lb of good quality salmon or ahi tuna
Carrots julienned into thin strips
Thin slice radishes
Sliced avocados
Sliced cucumber
Green onions
1-2 tsp sriracha
1.5 tbl soy sauce
.5 tsp sesame oil
Cooked seasoned rice

Chop your fish into smallish half inch pieces. In a bowl, add 1-2 tsp of sriracha or chili garlic sauce, 1.5 tbl soy sauce, and a bunch of chopped green onions and stir to combine. If you like the creamy poke....add 1 tbl mayonnaise to the marinade

Cook rice of your choice until done. Add .5 tbl sugar, 1 tbl rice vinegar and stir to coat.
Place a scoop of rice in a bowl. Top with fish and arrange the rest of your veggies. Top with toasted sesame seeds and enjoy

I used to eat those everyday for lunch when I was contracted in a city for 13 weeks. Sooo good! And good for you(IMO)! Between poke bowls and Mexican food; I could eat the 2 everyday!!

Max

Get Shredded!
I meal prep this one often as it reheats really well and tastes just as good as fresh
Chicken and sausage gumbo

1/4 cup oil
1/4 cup flour

Combine in a large pot on medium high and stir constantly until very dark brown. It should be the color of the roux in this jar

Add in three chopped celery ribs, 2 chopped green peppers, and a whole chopped onion with 4 cloves chopped garlic and saute until translucent. Add in your cubed chicken breast and cut up sausage and sauté for a minute or so. Add a bunch of Cajun seasoning and 2 bay leaves and sauté 1 minute more.

Add a quart of chicken stock and bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium low and let go for around an hour. Add in a few shots of tobasco or Louisiana hot sauce if you want some heat, and a half tbl of red wine vinegar. Skim fat as it rises to the top. When it’s done, sprinkle in a teaspoon of file powder. Serve in a bowl with rice and too with chopped green onions

Making thistoday! I have some andouille sausage chicken thighs; also leftover white rice. Such a great homey dish! Top it off w a little red dot hot sauce!!

Max

by the way....if anybody has a recipe request, or wants to post what items they have on hand(i know some groceries are hard to come across right now) i’d be happy to come up with e recipe for you.
Heavy hitter’s custom recipes! Lol

im bumping this !!! Thats a great idea there man !!

8c3aefa699b9564e13fc034506e3e63d.jpg

AVOCADO MASHED POTATOES
1 lemon, quartered
2 garlic cloves, whole
2 avocados, mashed
1 1⁄2 lbs potatoes
salt
Milk to thickness.

You want a shit ton of calories!! Make this
Super good and easy to whip up ! For Mass only!! Lol

Max

8c3aefa699b9564e13fc034506e3e63d.jpg

AVOCADO MASHED POTATOES
1 lemon, quartered
2 garlic cloves, whole
2 avocados, mashed
1 1⁄2 lbs potatoes
salt
Milk to thickness.

You want a shit ton of calories!! Make this
Super good and easy to whip up ! For Mass only!! Lol

Max
Dang that a really good idea. Never would have though to put avocado in mashed potatoes. I make a similar recipe that’s really good. It’s and avocado, cilantro, and lime hummus

- - - Updated - - -

this one is super quick and super delicious
Homemade fajitas

Cut meat up into 1 inch cubes
Marinate in lime juice, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, cumin, oregano, olive oil, chopped garlic, oregano, and paprika. Marinate for 2+ hours

Skewer meat and grill it or cook it in a non stick skillet until nicely charred

Place on warmed tortillas with fresh cilantro and sautéed peppers and onions and any other topping you like

Attachments

• 2020D512-5EDE-4370-A294-55963DA7D175.jpeg
    2020D512-5EDE-4370-A294-55963DA7D175.jpeg
    186.2 KB · Views: 18
Alabama white bbq chicken
This one is fantastic. Smoke your chicken until done. You can roast it in the oven too if you don’t have a smoked, but the smoke really adds to the flavor. When done, dunk the chicken in the sauce and serve some in the side for dipping

Smoked bird!! This bad boy was dunked in Alabama white bbq sauce. For anyone who’s never had it. You’re really missing out. Here’s the recipe

2 cups mayonnaise
1 cup cider vinegar
1/2 tsp cayenne
Pepper

Attachments

• 47F0BB76-0DF9-4519-8570-F6BCFD131650.jpeg
    47F0BB76-0DF9-4519-8570-F6BCFD131650.jpeg
    176.6 KB · Views: 21
Alabama white bbq chicken
This one is fantastic. Smoke your chicken until done. You can roast it in the oven too if you don’t have a smoked, but the smoke really adds to the flavor. When done, dunk the chicken in the sauce and serve some in the side for dipping

Smoked bird!! This bad boy was dunked in Alabama white bbq sauce. For anyone who’s never had it. You’re really missing out. Here’s the recipe

2 cups mayonnaise
1 cup cider vinegar
1/2 tsp cayenne
Pepper

Love it! I’m all about White BBQ Sauce!

Max

Seasoned pork chops with peppers and sausage

I love Cajun food. It’s one of my all time favorites and I made up this recipe with some ingredients I had on hand one day. It’s loosely based on gumbo and smothered pork chops

Ingredients

4-5pork chops of your choice. You could use chicken breast too
Cajun seasoning..Tony Chacheries is good
Flour
Sausage of choice. I’d recommend andouille or kielbasa
2 whole bell peppers
1 can chicken stock
3 cloves garlic

Season pork chops with the Cajun seasoning and coat in flour and shake off excess and set aside
Chop up the bell pepper and sausage and mince the garlic.
Add 2 tbl oil to a pan on medium high and sear the pork on both sides for 2-3 minutes per side and remove from pan. Sauté the bell peppers, sausage, and garlic for about 2 minutes. Add the pork back in and add the chicken stock. Cover and simmer on medium for about 30 minutes and enjoy! Also....a couple shots of Louisiana hot sauce in this adds a lot of depth of flavor

- - - Updated - - -

Love it! I’m all about White BBQ Sauce!

Max
Me too man, it’s so good. It’s been a long time dream of mine to go to big bob Gibson’s in Alabama and have the real thing

Attachments

• 2D8AAD9C-4BE6-4F36-B4F0-0F687420CB58.jpeg
    2D8AAD9C-4BE6-4F36-B4F0-0F687420CB58.jpeg
    151.6 KB · Views: 19
Marshallese chicken

I learned this recipe from a buddy I work with. It comes from the Marshal islands and it’s amazing. You can use any chicken pieces you like...but I tend to like dark meat because it has more flavor

Ingredients
As many chicken pieces as you need
6 whole oranges
1 yellow onion
5 cloves garlic
1 small piece of fresh ginger peeled. About the size of a marble
1/4 cup soy sauce
.5 tsp liquid smoke(or smoke then instead of roasting)
1 can of sprite or other citrus soda
Salt and pepper

Juice all of the oranges into a blender. Add the garlic and onion and ginger and blend. Pour it all over the chicken in a large bowl. Add the orange rinds as well as all the other ingredients. Marinate overnight...or for at least 4 hours

Roast on a rack in the oven at 400 degrees until done. Depending on the size of your chicken pieces this may be 30-45 minutes

Serve with rice or whatever else you like and enjoy!!!

Attachments

• D8AA9703-6A07-4F76-B060-128EA55DF08B.jpeg
    D8AA9703-6A07-4F76-B060-128EA55DF08B.jpeg
    168.2 KB · Views: 21
This recipe is yummiest on salmon, but will work on any fish
Sweet and spicy fish with rice pilaf and garlic sautéed green beans

this ones easy. Well start with the rice

in a sauce pan heat up 1 tbl olive oil on medium high. Toss in a clove of chopped garlic and a diced shallot. Sauté for about 30 seconds. Toss in 1 cup long grain rice and sauté in the oil until it’s coated and the rice begins to get toasted. About two minutes. Add in 2 cups of chicken broth and bring to a boil. Cover, redu e to medium low, and cook for seven minutes, stir, and then another seven. Remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes before removing the lid

now well do the beans. Heat 2 tbl grass fed butter in a sauté pan on medium high. Add in your green beans and sauté for about 5 minutes. Toss in some chopped garlic, salt, pepper, onion powder, and a tbl of red wine or sherry vinegar, or lemon juice. You’re done

for the fish, use any fish you like, I did this with salmon. Salt and pepper it and sauté in medium high until cooked through. For the sauce you’re gonna dip it in a mixture of 1/2 cup franks red hot and 1/2 cup brown sugar that you simmer medium in medium until the sugar is dissolved. Enjoy

Attachments

• 5CEE7543-FEA1-470D-A81C-928B3A3E62A8.jpeg
    5CEE7543-FEA1-470D-A81C-928B3A3E62A8.jpeg
    164.8 KB · Views: 26
Homemade sourdough bread from my own sourdough starter

Attachments

• DA3ED1B9-59F4-4745-81DE-FD10C08BDA19.jpeg
    DA3ED1B9-59F4-4745-81DE-FD10C08BDA19.jpeg
    125.6 KB · Views: 23
Back