• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Pinning

shawn4425

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Never ventured out of the shoulders. With pinning everyday I'm having to foray into other sites. Some more painful then others. This may be a dumb question but

I'm pinning my VG and glutes with 1 inch. Think it's too much. Loving th 5/8. How do I know its deep enough. Say I shoot 1cc into my VG if it's not deep enough will I immediately know. Like where there be some minor burning or a bubbling under the skin. If it feels great and no bubbling under the skin, can I consider it deep enough?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I think it's reasonable to vary both the location within the spot (more of a zone) as well as pin depth. Gonna be different muscle fibers being hit with that variation, a good thing.

I think it's reasonable to vary both the location within the spot (more of a zone) as well as pin depth. Gonna be different muscle fibers being hit with that variation, a good thing.
This makes alot of sense if u want to help alleviate some scar tissue. Ive always used 11/4" 27g everywhere but i can adjust depth by dimpling my glute or not burying it in my shoulder or vice versa to alter depths in certain spots.

Its good to move things around imho

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Shoulder: front-lateral-rear 3 sites x 2 (sx-dx)

VG is good, other 2 sites (sx-dx)

Lats are very big, you can inject anything and never take the same spot twice. other 2 sites (sx-dx)

I know there are other good places like trap or chest. Personally I have never tried them. Never used even biceps and triceps

I also used legs and calves ... but there are always too many complications, better to do without them.

For the needle's length, depends a lot on your fat mass present above the muscle.
I have always used the 5/8 (25 or 27 G) and I'm fine.
But a doctor will surely tell you that a 5/8 is not enough to make an intramuscular injection. The advice is to use 1-1.5 inches.

Sounds reasonable, I will try this

This makes alot of sense if u want to help alleviate some scar tissue. Ive always used 11/4" 27g everywhere but i can adjust depth by dimpling my glute or not burying it in my shoulder or vice versa to alter depths in certain spots.

Its good to move things around imho

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Thanks* I'm trying. I didn't think.i would get scar tissue so soon. But I do feel it is becoming a problem in my delts. It's becoming difficult to push the pin in. Which is why I'm trying other spots. Just trying to avoid going to deep

I use a half inch insulin needle for delts, lats, ventriglutes, triceps, and trying to incorporate pecs also. I use a one inch on my glutes. Not doing quads anymore for now.
The thing with the insulin needles is that I just push it in with some good pressure creating like an indent so it’s for sure being pressed into the muscle. No problems. Lats have become favorite spot. If you haven’t tried lats you should try your 5/8 needle that you like and give them a shot.

I use a half inch insulin needle for delts, lats, ventriglutes, triceps, and trying to incorporate pecs also. I use a one inch on my glutes. Not doing quads anymore for now.
The thing with the insulin needles is that I just push it in with some good pressure creating like an indent so it’s for sure being pressed into the muscle. No problems. Lats have become favorite spot. If you haven’t tried lats you should try your 5/8 needle that you like and give them a shot.
I will try this for sure. Thanks

I rotate quads at 5/8th, to shoulders (rear) slin pin 1in, to VG.

It definitely gets old when pinning a lot but moving around helps.

Trying to grow a pair and try my lats.

I rotate quads at 5/8th, to shoulders (rear) slin pin 1in, to VG.

It definitely gets old when pinning a lot but moving around helps.

Trying to grow a pair and try my lats.
Heard, I dont mind pinning every day. But I'm just noticing some differences. I'm also noticing I prefer 1 cc barrels to 3cc. They push so much faster.

IML Gear Cream!
Anyone nervous about doing lay injections doesn’t need to be. Even when I pinned them for the first time it was a very nice experience. Lats, glutes and delts are the best three for me.

I’m probably gonna try out my traps tomorrow. Anyone have any tips for hitting traps?

Heard, I dont mind pinning every day. But I'm just noticing some differences. I'm also noticing I prefer 1 cc barrels to 3cc. They push so much faster.

I agree. I like 1cc barrels. They don’t leave any oil in them when you’re done like the 3cc ones do. And they do make injecting a little easier. Plus like you said, when injecting every day you’re only using a small amount of oil at a time anyway. And I don’t think it’s good to be shoving 3cc into your muscles except maybe glutes.

Anyone nervous about doing lay injections doesn’t need to be. Even when I pinned them for the first time it was a very nice experience. Lats, glutes and delts are the best three for me.

I’m probably gonna try out my traps tomorrow. Anyone have any tips for hitting traps?

Yea I have one... don’t! Lol I hated when I tried mine. I also won’t do chest after watching my buddy pass out.
I want to try lats but I’m a bitch. Saw if you just pick your arm up you can hit the front side. I’ve tried it from the side and it sucked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here. Such an awesome & clever method to turn a 5/8" into a 3/4", or a 1" into 1.5". :D Why bother blowing cash on unneeded needle sizes? Dumb!

I use 5/8 - 1/2 27g all day in VG (50% of the time or its 1"), delts and quads all the time, and pecs (now and then)

I use 1" of 1.5 25g for glutes..

Docs will tell you text book needle sizes and they start at 21-22g.. yeah, fuck that!

I use 5/8 - 1/2 27g all day in VG (50% of the time or its 1"), delts and quads all the time, and pecs (now and then)

I use 1" of 1.5 25g for glutes..

Docs will tell you text book needle sizes and they start at 21-22g.. yeah, fuck that!
Yea those textbook recommendations are guidelines for the general public. The general public has like 30-40% bf. That’s why they recommend such long needles. We here are much leaner than the average person and don’t require that long of a needle. It’s overkill. And the large gauge is because it’s quicker for health care providers to administer them. They don’t want to take they’re time and do a slow injection with a smaller needle because time is money and they don’t care about scar tissue being a problem either because medically people don’t get IM injections as frequently as we pin sometimes so we do have to worry about scar tissue.

I’ve been using 1/2” slin pins for pecs, delta, lats and quads for 5 years give or take a few months either way, the only time I use glutes anymore is for TNE etc, pre-workout, it works great for every day pinning but I give my pecs a break for cruising or trt

I’ve been using 1/2” slin pins for pecs, delta, lats and quads for 5 years give or take a few months either way, the only time I use glutes anymore is for TNE etc, pre-workout, it works great for every day pinning but I give my pecs a break for cruising or trt
Geez. look who it is.. Man where have you been homie?

- - - Updated - - -

Yea those textbook recommendations are guidelines for the general public. The general public has like 30-40% bf. That’s why they recommend such long needles. We here are much leaner than the average person and don’t require that long of a needle. It’s overkill. And the large gauge is because it’s quicker for health care providers to administer them. They don’t want to take they’re time and do a slow injection with a smaller needle because time is money and they don’t care about scar tissue being a problem either because medically people don’t get IM injections as frequently as we pin sometimes so we do have to worry about scar tissue.
Have you seen what they have in the books for infants? (Rolls of chair)

Dude tell me about the baby needles! I couldn’t believe the size needles they used on my kids when they were babies! Big ass needles right in their poor little quads. Crazy

Geez. look who it is.. Man where have you been homie?

- - - Updated - - -
It’s been a constant battle, seems like it’s lasted forever but trying to forge forward with a good attitude

Get Shredded!
Dude tell me about the baby needles! I couldn’t believe the size needles they used on my kids when they were babies! Big ass needles right in their poor little quads. Crazy

With my daughter I never really paid any mind, but with my son getting shots I guess I had more situational awareness and I did not blame him for not wanting anything to do with it.. in my head I was like "little man I'm right there with you".. I laugh when people say "my wife is a nurse or my girlfriend works in the ER, so this is what she said or he said"... Yeah, I seen fucking textbook and they're out of their goddamn minds..
I had a guy on another message board arguing with me that 1/2 was not deep enough for quads, and he said he works in an ER and he asked the nurse sitting right next to him, and he even said that the nurse agreed that 1/2 inch was not sufficient... Yeah, ok then why do I get IM pip depending on the gear?

It’s been a constant battle, seems like it’s lasted forever but trying to forge forward with a good attitude

That's all you can do is Ford forward and parade through all of your obstacles. That's an excellent attitude to have!

It's good to see you around bro 👍

There's development now on dried vaccines that can be made into a dissolvable strip like Listerine strips and put on the side of your cheek to be absorbed right into your blood. Not all vaccines are likely to work this way but many will, so long as they remain viable in a dried state (they usually aren't "alive" anyway but the proteins need to stay intact) and preferably at room temp. It's happening. Should make flu shots a thing of the past and perhaps many childhood ones as well.

Pn length just depends on how much fat you have in the area you're going to do the injection.

I can hit everything with a 5/8 besides glutes usually. I'll use 1" there.

Medial delts
Lats
Quads
Glutes

I've never been able to hit the VG consistently enough to pin there without missing the muscle but, it does take larger injections pretty well.

Lats are not recommended if you don't have them. You'll be a hunch back with a giant knot on you if you miss.

Pn length just depends on how much fat you have in the area you're going to do the injection.

I can hit everything with a 5/8 besides glutes usually. I'll use 1" there.

Medial delts
Lats
Quads
Glutes

I've never been able to hit the VG consistently enough to pin there without missing the muscle but, it does take larger injections pretty well.

Lats are not recommended if you don't have them. You'll be a hunch back with a giant knot on you if you miss.
This is almost what I was leaning towards with initial post. There tons of posts on pinning. I'm higher body fat for sure. But I seem to be able to hit my VG with a 5/8. I was just curious if there is a way to know you've gone deep enough. Like if it feels good, no oil or pip, or bubbling under the skin, is it kinda safe to assume I went deep enough.

This is almost what I was leaning towards with initial post. There tons of posts on pinning. I'm higher body fat for sure. But I seem to be able to hit my VG with a 5/8. I was just curious if there is a way to know you've gone deep enough. Like if it feels good, no oil or pip, or bubbling under the skin, is it kinda safe to assume I went deep enough.

If it doesn't hurt, you're probably fine.

If you're using anything water based, be sure to get THAT IM though.

Nothing like a good ole winstrol abscess.

If it doesn't hurt, you're probably fine.

If you're using anything water based, be sure to get THAT IM though.

Nothing like a good ole winstrol abscess.
Word thanks

One of the reasons the VG site is #1 in nurse training now is the overlying fat layer is typically thin even in fatty people.

One of the reasons the VG site is #1 in nurse training now is the overlying fat layer is typically thin even in fatty people.
Word. Thanks for the insight

So true my doc 1st gave me 1-1.5" and me never pinning before I pushed the whole thing in and holy hell it was miserable. Moral of the comment is 1-1.5" is no good

Back