Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Arnold
    ADMINISTRATOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,566 Posts
    Rep Points

the economy is fucked for the next few years...

Community Veteran
    ADMINISTRATOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    901 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by heckler7 View Post
    I have been working everyday 30 days straight no days off and then this shit happens and friday last week my company furloughs everyone, I make too much money for stimulus check, and we shall see if and what I get for unemployment, I'm not holding my breathe
    The unemployment benefits with the feds $600 a week are going to be pretty good for most folks. I started researching it last week and its a robust program if you know how to collect everything.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by The Admin View Post
    the economy is fucked for the next few years...
    This^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by zionoir626 View Post
    Face it ...the Gov. failed us,yet again...........The dickheads in Congress an Senate don't give a crap about the working class......My father paid SS for 60 yrs,,,when he retired ,didn't get a F****** penny..!!
    I don't understand. You say your father paid into social security for all the years he worked and when he retired he did not receive the benefits? People are still receiving SS benefits way wouldn't your father?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    463 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by weakback View Post
    I don't understand. You say your father paid into social security for all the years he worked and when he retired he did not receive the benefits? People are still receiving SS benefits way wouldn't your father?
    iím assuming he passed away before he was able to collect. this is why I think it should be completely eliminated or at the very least have an option for people to opt out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,803 Posts
    Rep Points

I know people who never paid a dime into Social security and get to collect. Not just politicians either. Lol

IM>ASF

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,168 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by heavyiron View Post
    The unemployment benefits with the feds $600 a week are going to be pretty good for most folks. I started researching it last week and its a robust program if you know how to collect everything.
    I applied the hour I got let go last friday and the news said 80k people filed that week I guess I will find out

IM>ASF

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,168 Posts
    Rep Points

OK.First I was a Chemical Off. in the Army during the Cold War...so,I know about Bio-Weapons and the signs most miss....1-The threat was not taken seriously...the CDC was only looking at 3 airports..HUGE mistake..........2-This BS Quarantine....social distancing....What a F****** joke....what about things people touch????? 3-Gov. should have released funds in advance of the "Q".to let families stock up ...NOT during a "Q".........here's water after the house is burnt down to the grown...4-Do a real "Q"...that's no travel,no work,no body moves...put the NG on the streets to protect us from looters............Only Needed allowed to work or move about.........This Threat was never take seriously,,,and that is why we are here now..!! Not even going to go into the fact that this V might not have just happened.........Might have been a dressed rehearsal.... The people that are suppost to protect us from this threat,called out sick and it became a political chess game.........How to fix this...Don't get this deep before acting....Better we over-reacted.....had to apologize ...than neck deep in it asking for help..!!
    I dont know about this but everything you stated seems pretty logical, prepare for the worst hope for the best

Community Veteran
    ADMINISTRATOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    901 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by heckler7 View Post
    I applied the hour I got let go last friday and the news said 80k people filed that week I guess I will find out
    I don't think the fed unemployment insurance ($600 weekly) is figured out yet on the state level so keep a watch on it. As soon as they have info on how to collect you will need to probably also apply for it.

Super duper mod

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,273 Posts
    Rep Points

OK.First I was a Chemical Off. in the Army during the Cold War...so,I know about Bio-Weapons and the signs most miss....1-The threat was not taken seriously...the CDC was only looking at 3 airports..HUGE mistake..........2-This BS Quarantine....social distancing....What a F****** joke....what about things people touch????? 3-Gov. should have released funds in advance of the "Q".to let families stock up ...NOT during a "Q".........here's water after the house is burnt down to the grown...4-Do a real "Q"...that's no travel,no work,no body moves...put the NG on the streets to protect us from looters............Only Needed allowed to work or move about.........This Threat was never take seriously,,,and that is why we are here now..!! Not even going to go into the fact that this V might not have just happened.........Might have been a dressed rehearsal.... The people that are suppost to protect us from this threat,called out sick and it became a political chess game.........How to fix this...Don't get this deep before acting....Better we over-reacted.....had to apologize ...than neck deep in it asking for help..!!
    I am conflicted with a government imposed lockdown with curfew and national guard telling me where and if I can go somewhere. Itís a real slippery slope when we start letting the government take away our rights and liberties. There have been other global pandemics that have not effected us like this one and yes this is just getting started . If people are not mandated to stay in the house no one is forcing you to leave the house so you wouldnít get sick if you stay inside it will eventually run itís course .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts
    Rep Points

Just a week or so ago most of you guys thought this was a media and democratic hoax. Kinda different when it hits home huh? I have several relatives and family members, many well over 65, more like 80 in New Jersey. I am so worried about them. This pandemic is not a joke. I pray for all the brothers here and their families in this challenging time. We will get thru it. This too will pass

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,423 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by frank zazz View Post
    I am conflicted with a government imposed lockdown with curfew and national guard telling me where and if I can go somewhere. Itís a real slippery slope when we start letting the government take away our rights and liberties. There have been other global pandemics that have not effected us like this one and yes this is just getting started . If people are not mandated to stay in the house no one is forcing you to leave the house so you wouldnít get sick if you stay inside it will eventually run itís course .
    Agreed. A mandated full quarantine is not a good idea. Plus there's do many critical infrastructure businesses that can't be shutdown without compromising food and communications resources, the lockdowns that are in effect are as far as they can go without people starving.

Add onto those issues, it gives the cocksuckers in government the idea that it's okay to take our freedoms away. They should never be handed that kind of power. It would end our way of life as we know it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,423 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by theMightyQuinn View Post
    Just a week or so ago most of you guys thought this was a media and democratic hoax. Kinda different when it hits home huh? I have several relatives and family members, many well over 65, more like 80 in New Jersey. I am so worried about them. This pandemic is not a joke. I pray for all the brothers here and their families in this challenging time. We will get thru it. This too will pass
    There's still tons of people that don't believe it. It's unreal. I'm glad Trump made it a point to emphasize that there are reefer trucks having bodies forklifted into them in New York. That should let the dumb fucks that still don't believe it know how serious this really is.

This is one of those times when people need to transcend politics and work together. The media is disgusting me more than ever at this point by twisting everything to their political advantage. Now is not the fucking time for that

Carpet-Chewer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    880 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by frank zazz View Post
    Smart man I have just paid a car off and our goal was to be debt free this year but we will see how it goes.
    You listen to Gordon Ramsey too? Lol.

Yep, I am debt free except for my property taxes and utilities. Car and house is paid.

I canít tell you how much more peaceful life is without debt.

Keep going bro. You can do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arnold
    ADMINISTRATOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,566 Posts
    Rep Points

I am 100% debt free, my house and 4 cars are all paid for and I have zero on credit cards.