• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • IronMag Labs® 25% Off Sale!❤️‍🔥 Hardcore Bodybuilding Supplements💪Use Coupon Code ASF25 💊

Coronavirus cure: French researchers completed new additional study on 80 patients

heavyiron

Community Veteran
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Trump was right, this is a miracle.

Coronavirus cure: French researchers completed new additional study on 80 patients, results show a combination of Hydroxychloroquine and Azithromycin to be effective in treating COVID-19

POSTED ON MARCH 27, 2020

Didier-Raoult.gif

On March 19, we published a story about a trial study conducted by French researchers which showed a combination of Hydroxychloroquine (brand name Plaquenil) and Azithromycin to be effective in the treatment of COVID-19 patients. The study, which was led by renowned Didier Raoult​ M.D/Ph.D in Marseille, France, showed that 100% of patients that received a combination of the two anti-malaria drugs tested negative and were virologically cured within 6 days of treatment.

The first preliminary trial involved a total of 36 COVID-19 patients. However, U.S. health agencies like FDA and CDA, are still very cautious about the effectiveness and safety of the two drugs due to small trial size and lack of sufficient data.

Today, Prof. Didier Raoult and his team published results of their new study. The study was supported by the Institut Hospitalo-Universitaire (IHU) Méditerranée Infection. Unlike the previous small study trial, the new observation study has a larger sample size of 80 COVID-19 patients. The objective of the study was to find an effective treatment to cure COVID-19 patients and to decrease the virus carriage duration.

In 80 in-patients receiving a combination of hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin, the team found a clinical improvement in all but one 86 year-old patient who died, and one 74-year old patient still in intensive care unit. The team also found that, by administering hydroxychloroquine combined with azithromycin, they were able to observe an improvement in all cases, except in one patient who arrived with an advanced form, who was over the age of 86, and in whom the evolution was irreversible, according to a new paper published today in IHU Méditerranée Infection.

“For all other patients in the cohort of 80 people, the combination of hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin resulted in a clinical improvement that appeared significant when compared to the natural evolution in patients with a definite outcome, as described in the literature. In a cohort of 191 Chinese inpatients, of whom 95% received antibiotics and 21% received an association of lopinavir and ritonavir, the median duration of fever was 12 days and that of cough 19 days in survivors, with a 28% case-fatality rate (18),” the research team said.

The team went on to say: “Thus, in addition to its direct therapeutic role, this association can play a role in controlling the disease epidemic by limiting the duration of virus shedding, which can last for several weeks in the absence of specific treatment. In our Institute, which contains 75 individual rooms for treating highly contagious patients, we currently have a turnover rate of 1/3 which allows us to receive a large number of these contagious patients with early discharge. Chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine are extremely well-known drugs which have already been prescribed to billions of people.”

In conclusion, we confirm the efficacy of hydroxychloroquine associated with azithromycin in the treatment of COVID-19 and its potential effectiveness in the early impairment of contagiousness. Given the urgent therapeutic need to manage this disease with effective and safe drugs and given the negligible cost of both hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin, we believe that other teams should urgently evaluate this therapeutic strategy both to avoid the spread of the disease and to treat patients before severe irreversible respiratory complications take hold,” the team concluded.

March 28 Update: In a Twitter post day, Prof. Raoult said: “Our study concerns 80 patients, without a control group because we offer our protocol to all patients with no contraindication. This is what the Hippocratic Oath that we have taken dictates to us.

Below is a chart with the results of their tests.
New-Study-Didier-Raoult.jpg
SARS-CoV-2 PCR from nasopharyngeal samples overtime. Black bars: number of patients with available results, grey bars: number of patients with PCR Ct value <34, solid line: percentage of patients with PCR Ct value <34, dashed line: polynomial regression curve.

https://techstartups.com/2020/03/27...eated-80-coronavirus-patients-significant-dr/

Well....

it was the French

cheese eating surrender monkeys .... I want a 2nd opinion

They are also ramping up supply as demand has been very high - pretty common compound .Tried ordering right before the rush but no luck -Thanks
31 million units are coming online now

Great news Thanks HI................we miss you as our Admit..!!

Yeah this study is making it look like the real deal. It's not a blinded study, but there is a blinded one being done now from what I've heard. This is going to lower the death rate without a doubt.

Theres a newer one. Came out yesterday. 700 patients.

100% cured

10 needed to be intubated during care

4 needed to be hospitalized during care.

100% Survived

What these assholes who hate Trump and America dont realize is we have cures for many many diseases. Corona Virus is not new. I have read a study about it from 2007

You are being fed lies and propaganda by the MSM.

IML Gear Cream!

100% cured

100% Survived

What these assholes who hate Trump and America dont realize is we have cures for many many diseases. Corona Virus is not new. I have read a study about it from 2007

the the virus is known but this is a new strain

Everybody is hoarding this hydroxychloroquine now. My mom who uses it for a certain medical condition cannot even get it anymore. A lot of people with Lupus and Rheumatoid Arthritis are out of luck because people are scared and getting it "prescribed" off-label.

Everybody is hoarding this hydroxychloroquine now. My mom who uses it for a certain medical condition cannot even get it anymore. A lot of people with Lupus and Rheumatoid Arthritis are out of luck because people are scared and getting it "prescribed" off-label.
I can get it right now no problem. Its not that hard to find.

Someone should tell that to Kaiser.
In bulk it may be entirely different but if you know one or two folks with a script its easy to find

100% cured

100% Survived

If that treatment had resounding success on that sample of patients why isn't it being produced for the wider patient base? It has to be $$$$ it comes down to and needless further death can be avoided.

700 patients that survived out of the 700 has to be convincing enough.

Last edited:
Dr Raoult just posted another study of over 1000 people. No blind, but the pass/fail is requiring >=10 days hospitalization. Of those, 91% passed and recovered quickly, .4% died (all 75 or older), and the rest had longer stays.

Looks pretty damn promising to me. The problem with doing placebo is that it's rather inhumane. "We told you we were treating your father, but for the sake of science we had to give him placebo. Sorry he died" doesn't really cut it for people...

Dr Raoult just posted another study of over 1000 people. No blind, but the pass/fail is requiring >=10 days hospitalization. Of those, 91% passed and recovered quickly, .4% died (all 75 or older), and the rest had longer stays.

Looks pretty damn promising to me. The problem with doing placebo is that it's rather inhumane. "We told you we were treating your father, but for the sake of science we had to give him placebo. Sorry he died" doesn't really cut it for people...
We already have a control. We have seen it in one study plus we know the viral load in untreated folks lasts up to 20 days. People clamoring for a controlled or peer reviewed trial are just being obtuse.

Link me up to the larger study. I only saw a doc talking about it but I have not seen the actual data.

If that treatment had resounding success on that sample of patients why isn't it being produced for the wider patient base? It has to be $$$$ it comes down to and needless further death can be avoided.

700 patients that survived out of the 700 has to be convincing enough.
50% of US docs are now using it all over the country off label

We already have a control. We have seen it in one study plus we know the viral load in untreated folks lasts up to 20 days. People clamoring for a controlled or peer reviewed trial are just being obtuse.

Link me up to the larger study. I only saw a doc talking about it but I have not seen the actual data.
I completely agree. People are just being ridiculous, all to get one over politically on Trump. It's absurd. I'll pull it up when I get a moment after work

Get Shredded!
50% of US docs are now using it all over the country off label

True, but they are not using the drug soon enough. Most people with symptoms in my area (Denver) are still not being tested or treated until they are so sick they are in the hospital. I of course don't blame Trump for this that would be dumb. I don't understand why this is being done. If I had an infection they wouldn't wait until I was almost dead to try and treat me with antibiotics, why the fuck are they waiting until you're in the hospital to start giving treatments? They should prescribing this shit the minute you have symptoms. Hopefully another couple of weeks of mass producing tests and medication things will get better and we all can get back to our lives. Maybe that is not what they want.

Why doesn't this include combination therapy with azithromycin?

They had to end the combination therapy study due to too many cardiac complications. There’s a greater incidence of ventricular fibrillation rhythm than deaths of the virus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just found this

ABSTRACT
Background In a recent survey, most physicians worldwide considered that hydroxychloroquine (HCQ)and azithromycin (AZ) are the two most effective drugs among available molecules against COVID-19. Nevertheless, to date, one preliminary clinical trial only has demonstrated its efficacy on the viral load. Additionally, a clinical study including 80 patients was published,and in vitro efficiency of this association was demonstrated.

Methods
The study was performed at IHU Méditerranée Infection, Marseille, France. A cohort of 1061 COVID-19 patients, treated for at least 3 days with the HCQ-AZ combination and a follow-up of at least 9 days was investigated. Endpoints were death, worsening and viral shedding persistence.

Findings
From March 3rd to April 9th, 2020, 59,655 specimens from 38,617 patients were tested for COVID-19 by PCR. Of the 3,165 positive patients placed in the care of our institute, 1061 previously unpublished patients met our inclusion criteria. Their mean age was 43.6 years old and 492 were male (46.4%). No cardiac toxicity was observed. A good clinical outcome and virological cure was obtained in 973 patients within 10 days (91.7%). Prolonged viral carriage at completion of treatment was observed in 47 patients (4.4%) and was associated to a higher viral load at diagnosis (p < 10-2) but viral culture was negative at day 10 and all but one were PCR-cleared at day 15. A poor outcome was observed for 46 patients (4.3%); 10 were transferred to intensive care units, 5 patients died (0.47%) (74-95 years old) and 31 required 10 days of hospitalization or more. Among this group, 25 patients are now cured and 16 are still hospitalized (98% of patients cured so far). Poor clinical outcome was significantly associated to older age (OR 1.11), initial higher severity (OR 10.05) and low 2 hydroxychloroquine serum concentration. In addition, both poor clinical and virological outcomes were associated to the use of selective beta-blocking agents and angiotens in IIreceptor blockers (P<0.05). Mortality was significantly lower in patients who had received >3 days of HCQ-AZ than in patients treated with other regimens both at IHU and in all Marseille public hospitals (p< 10-2).

Interpretation
The HCQ-AZ combination, when started immediately after diagnosis, is a safe and efficient treatment for COVID-19, with a mortality rate of 0.5%, in elderly patients. It avoids worsening and clears virus persistence and contagiosity in most cases.

https://www.mediterranee-infection....ract_Raoult_EarlyTrtCovid19_09042020_vD1v.pdf

https://www.mediterranee-infection....020/04/Table_final_website_IHU_09_04_2020.pdf

All the negative talk is bullshit. Hydroxychloroquine taken by itself showed no increase in Severe Adverse Event over a 30 day period. When combined with azithromycin there was an increase in cardiac complications but this was a study done again over 30 days. Also many of these studies being done on COVID-19 patients aren't being done until they are already hospitalized and they missed the boat. They are being done on older patients who are more likely to have cardiac issues. I don't know why people are being such fagots on this! You get sick, you get tested, you get a short minimal dosage treatment of the drugs right away. Waiting until someone is dead then fucking trying to treat is dumb as shit. Wait until these fuckers are dying and lets see if they wish they had an option.

Besides alll this nonsense there is a new drug that shows even more promise. It's called Ivermectin.

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20200407/parasite-drug-shows-early-promise-against-covid-19

Last edited:
They had to end the combination therapy study due to too many cardiac complications. There’s a greater incidence of ventricular fibrillation rhythm than deaths of the virus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who is they? What was their dosage? Age average? Length of treatment?

The combination works, and it works quickly. You shouldn't need a long course prescription to get you into the safety zone.

Attachments

• Hydroxychloroquine_final_DOI_IJAA-24-1038x553-1.jpg
    Hydroxychloroquine_final_DOI_IJAA-24-1038x553-1.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 37
Back