Anabolic and Corona virus

Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Senior Member

    drealdeal's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    14,949

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,379
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,742
    Thanked in
    1,279 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Anabolic and Corona virus


  2. #2
    Junior Member


    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    11

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Rep Points
    10100

    Thanks for sharing this drealdeal, I was just wondering about this.

  3. #3
    Senior Member

    Swiper's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,509

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    422
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    826
    Thanked in
    468 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    "COVID-19 May Attack Testicles, Reduce Testosterone: Study"

    Doctors in central Wuhan are planning to conduct a long-term study of the effects of COVID-19 on the male reproductive system after a small study of 81 men revealed that coronavirus patients haed roughly half the normal ratio of testosterone after contracting the disease, according to SCMP.
    Though still preliminary and not peer reviewed, the study is the first clinical observation of the potential impact of Covid-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus, on the male reproductive system, especially among younger groups.
    In a paper published on the preprint research platform medRxiv.org, the researchers – from Zhongnan Hospital of Wuhan University and the Hubei Clinical Research Centre for Prenatal Diagnosis and Birth Health – said they analysed blood samples from 81 men aged 20 to 54 who tested positive for the coronavirus and were hospitalised in January.
    The median age of the participants was 38 and roughly 90 per cent of them had only mild symptoms. The samples were collected in the last days of their stay in hospital. -SCMP
    Previous studies have shown that coronavirus binds with the protein receptor cell, ACE2, a large number of which are found in the testicles.

    Researchers looked at the ratio of testosterone to luteinising hormone (T/LH) - finding that the average ratio for COVID-19 patients was 0.74, around half the normal level. A low T/LH ratio can signal hypogonadism - a malfunction of the testicles which could lead to lower production of the sex hormone.
    Testosterone is the main male sex hormone critical for the development of primary and secondary sexual characteristics including testes, muscle, bone mass and body hair. Luteinising hormone is found in both men and women, and best known for its ability to trigger ovulation. -SCMP

    Those with hypogonadism can develop large breasts and erectile dysfunction - a condition which can be cured with testosterone treatment.
    "Since more than half of the people with Covid-19 were reproductive-aged, more attention should be paid to the effect of Sars-CoV-2 on the reproductive system," the Wuhan researchers wrote - noting that their results were inconclusive and that other factors such as medication and immune system response could also trigger changes in hormones.
    As such, the researchers say they plan a long-term study which may include the collection and analysis of sperm samples as well as interviews with coronavirus patients.

    Professor of reproductive medicine at Tongji Hospital in Wuhan, Li Yufeng, had predicted in a study that the testicles could become a 'major target' in a coronavirus infection.
    Other studies have also suggested that severe acute respiratory syndrome, or Sars, a distant relative of the new coronavirus, could also cause inflammation in the testicles.
    A researcher with the State Key Laboratory of Reproductive Medicine at Nanjing Medical University, said the new observations were “highly valuable information” but a bigger sample would be needed to clarify the results. -SCMP
    "Many viruses can affect fertility, but not every virus can cause a pandemic. If the impact is long lasting, it can be a problem," said the researcher - speaking on condition of anonymity.
    https://www.zerohedge.com/health/cov...osterone-study

  4. #4
    Board Rep
    BOARD REP

    Jpal's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    158

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    184
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    167
    Thanked in
    81 Posts
    Rep Points
    439464907

    Interesting study with affects of different estrogen levels with coronavirus infected mice...

    Men More Likely to Die in Coronavirus Pandemic
    By Lynn Allison | Wednesday, 25 March 2020 03:42 PMEmerging data on the novel coronavirus shows some startling statistics: in Florida, 60% of confirmed cases are male and are 70% of deaths are men, according to CNN. Dr. Deborah Birx, White House coordinator for coronavirus response, says that in Italy the numbers show that twice as many males die from the virus as females in any age group. Birx calls it a “concerning trend.”

    Statistics from the six countries that have provided data show a similar pattern of men dying at higher rates, according to CNN. In Italy, over 70 percent of those who've died have been men, while in other countries, such as South Korea and France, where more women tested positive for the virus, the death tally was nonetheless higher for men. The global average appears to be that men were 50% more likely than women to die after after being tested and confirmed.

    Sarah Hawkes, professor of Global Public Health at the University College London, tells CNN that men are more likely to engage in “adverse behaviors” such as smoking and drinking. Knowing that lifestyle factors may affect outcomes of the disease could help us identify those who are most at risk and may help save lives, say experts.

    An article appearing in the Los Angeles Times confirms that cigarette smoking damages lungs, making them more susceptible to infection. However, that may not be the only factor.

    Dr. Stanley Perlman, a pediatric infectious disease expert, has another spin on the death rate disparity. He conducted a series of experiments infecting male and female mice with the coronaviruses that caused respiratory distress. At every age, according to the Los Angeles Times, male mice were more susceptible to infection than females. However, when the ovaries from the female mice were removed, the death rates shot up. These findings led Perlman to speculate that there is something about estrogen that protects against the deadly virus — and he thinks this is true for the new virus as well.

    https://www.newsmax.com/health/healt...r=010502f5gbt4
    Last edited by Jpal; 03-27-2020 at 09:23 PM.

  5. #5
    Senior Member

    drealdeal's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    14,949

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,379
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,742
    Thanked in
    1,279 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    "COVID-19 May Attack Testicles, Reduce Testosterone: Study"

    Doctors in central Wuhan are planning to conduct a long-term study of the effects of COVID-19 on the male reproductive system after a small study of 81 men revealed that coronavirus patients haed roughly half the normal ratio of testosterone after contracting the disease, according to SCMP.
    Though still preliminary and not peer reviewed, the study is the first clinical observation of the potential impact of Covid-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus, on the male reproductive system, especially among younger groups.
    In a paper published on the preprint research platform medRxiv.org, the researchers – from Zhongnan Hospital of Wuhan University and the Hubei Clinical Research Centre for Prenatal Diagnosis and Birth Health – said they analysed blood samples from 81 men aged 20 to 54 who tested positive for the coronavirus and were hospitalised in January.
    The median age of the participants was 38 and roughly 90 per cent of them had only mild symptoms. The samples were collected in the last days of their stay in hospital. -SCMP
    Previous studies have shown that coronavirus binds with the protein receptor cell, ACE2, a large number of which are found in the testicles.

    Researchers looked at the ratio of testosterone to luteinising hormone (T/LH) - finding that the average ratio for COVID-19 patients was 0.74, around half the normal level. A low T/LH ratio can signal hypogonadism - a malfunction of the testicles which could lead to lower production of the sex hormone.
    Testosterone is the main male sex hormone critical for the development of primary and secondary sexual characteristics including testes, muscle, bone mass and body hair. Luteinising hormone is found in both men and women, and best known for its ability to trigger ovulation. -SCMP

    Those with hypogonadism can develop large breasts and erectile dysfunction - a condition which can be cured with testosterone treatment.
    "Since more than half of the people with Covid-19 were reproductive-aged, more attention should be paid to the effect of Sars-CoV-2 on the reproductive system," the Wuhan researchers wrote - noting that their results were inconclusive and that other factors such as medication and immune system response could also trigger changes in hormones.
    As such, the researchers say they plan a long-term study which may include the collection and analysis of sperm samples as well as interviews with coronavirus patients.

    Professor of reproductive medicine at Tongji Hospital in Wuhan, Li Yufeng, had predicted in a study that the testicles could become a 'major target' in a coronavirus infection.
    Other studies have also suggested that severe acute respiratory syndrome, or Sars, a distant relative of the new coronavirus, could also cause inflammation in the testicles.
    A researcher with the State Key Laboratory of Reproductive Medicine at Nanjing Medical University, said the new observations were “highly valuable information” but a bigger sample would be needed to clarify the results. -SCMP
    "Many viruses can affect fertility, but not every virus can cause a pandemic. If the impact is long lasting, it can be a problem," said the researcher - speaking on condition of anonymity.
    https://www.zerohedge.com/health/cov...osterone-study
    Good post man thanks.

  6. #6
    Senior Member

    drealdeal's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    14,949

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,379
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,742
    Thanked in
    1,279 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Jpal View Post
    Interesting study with affects of different estrogen levels with coronavirus infected mice...

    Men More Likely to Die in Coronavirus Pandemic
    By Lynn Allison | Wednesday, 25 March 2020 03:42 PMEmerging data on the novel coronavirus shows some startling statistics: in Florida, 60% of confirmed cases are male and are 70% of deaths are men, according to CNN. Dr. Deborah Birx, White House coordinator for coronavirus response, says that in Italy the numbers show that twice as many males die from the virus as females in any age group. Birx calls it a “concerning trend.”

    Statistics from the six countries that have provided data show a similar pattern of men dying at higher rates, according to CNN. In Italy, over 70 percent of those who've died have been men, while in other countries, such as South Korea and France, where more women tested positive for the virus, the death tally was nonetheless higher for men. The global average appears to be that men were 50% more likely than women to die after after being tested and confirmed.

    Sarah Hawkes, professor of Global Public Health at the University College London, tells CNN that men are more likely to engage in “adverse behaviors” such as smoking and drinking. Knowing that lifestyle factors may affect outcomes of the disease could help us identify those who are most at risk and may help save lives, say experts.

    An article appearing in the Los Angeles Times confirms that cigarette smoking damages lungs, making them more susceptible to infection. However, that may not be the only factor.

    Dr. Stanley Perlman, a pediatric infectious disease expert, has another spin on the death rate disparity. He conducted a series of experiments infecting male and female mice with the coronaviruses that caused respiratory distress. At every age, according to the Los Angeles Times, male mice were more susceptible to infection than females. However, when the ovaries from the female mice were removed, the death rates shot up. These findings led Perlman to speculate that there is something about estrogen that protects against the deadly virus — and he thinks this is true for the new virus as well.

    https://www.newsmax.com/health/healt...r=010502f5gbt4
    Still rather be a man than a female. Another great piece of information thanks.

  7. #7
    Senior Member

    Milford King's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Milky Way
    Posts
    7,738

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4,076
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    4,533
    Thanked in
    2,819 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by drealdeal View Post
    Still rather be a man than a female. Another great piece of information thanks.
    you know what this means don’t ya.... only trannies and women will be left to rule the world. Stop taking AIs immediately... start running 1g deca and 100mh dbol and anything else you can think that aromatizes...

    your man boobies are your last chance at survival!!! Ahhhh!

  8. #8
    Senior Member

    MindlessWork's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    8,862

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    7,011
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,910
    Thanked in
    1,569 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Also if you have any underlying health issues or immune system has been compromised you'd be more at risk. Don't anabolics suppress your immune system?

  9. #9
    Senior Member

    Swiper's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,509

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    422
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    826
    Thanked in
    468 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by MindlessWork View Post
    Also if you have any underlying health issues or immune system has been compromised you'd be more at risk. Don't anabolics suppress your immune system?
    anabolic steroids do not, catabolic steroids will suppress

  10. #10
    Board Rep
    BOARD REP

    SloppyJ's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,223

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,288
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,252
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    Rep Points
    41032427

    Looks like I'll drop my AI.

  11. #11
    Senior Member

    chocolatemalt's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Purple Mountains
    Posts
    6,153

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    655
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    766
    Thanked in
    509 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by drealdeal View Post
    Still rather be a man than a female. Another great piece of information thanks.
    But for the duration of the pandemic we might be best served by dropping all the juice and stealing the gf's estrogen pills. Swap em for anavar, she'll never notice. It's only a girlie interlude, nothing permanent. Except the moobs.

  12. #12
    Board Rep
    BOARD REP

    Jpal's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    158

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    184
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    167
    Thanked in
    81 Posts
    Rep Points
    439464907


  13. #13
    Senior Member

    Milford King's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Milky Way
    Posts
    7,738

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4,076
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    4,533
    Thanked in
    2,819 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    This is interesting..::

    Problem; over population, dwindling resources

    Solution; create a pandemic, and create the ‘cure’ to make men gay and infertile.

    Covid-19 was definitely created by one of them dyke feminists that loves abortions

Similar Threads

  1. Corona virus
    By big_rich in forum Gorilla Farm
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-09-2020, 10:26 AM
  2. I have Corona Virus
    By WesleyInman in forum The Pit
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-17-2020, 05:04 AM
  3. Infectious disease expert on Corona Virus
    By ArgonCoagulator in forum Muscle Central
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-13-2020, 07:33 AM
  4. Corona virus now more deadly than SARS
    By heavyiron in forum The Pit
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 02-13-2020, 02:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Copyright© 2012-2020 Anabolic Steroid Discussion Forums