• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Evening All

Oldman85

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Evening Gents (and maybe a few ladies),

I'd just like to say 'hi'.

Now being in my late 30's, I've been slinging weights pretty much uninterrupted since I was 13. Football got me in the weight room and I just never really left. Always been a big strong guy which saw me through a very nice H.S. and Collegiate athletic career.

I know I'll ruffle some feather here, but I've been doing CrossFit for about 5 years. (Actually kind of a CrossFit/bodybuilding hybrid.)

My diet is pretty dialed in (it could always be better) and I train 6 days or so a week.

I'm a quiet read and think kind of guy. So I may not post a lot but I'm taking it all in. Recently had a blood test that really showed my age and the wife is now on board with me gently exploring AAS. Which brings me here.

Get strong, Get fit.

-oldman85

Welcome and Congrats
Know the stickies and rules
What's hybrid?
New term I need to learn?
What's ur workout schedule
And goals ?
Simple questions
Just if we can help we will
Bf
Wt
And u know the drill

Welcome and Congrats
Know the stickies and rules
What's hybrid?
New term I need to learn?
What's ur workout schedule
And goals ?
Simple questions
Just if we can help we will
Bf
Wt
And u know the drill

Those a great questions.

No it's not new. the way it works for me is that I have a "back and bi's" day but I also mix in plenty of MetCons.

Goals?: I'd like to get stronger and a little leaner (who doesn't) I'm around 9% bf now so the last bits are getting progressively harder. I'm not interested in taking Androl and gettting a "bro, I gained 20 pounds in 10 weeks" sort of thing. I'd rather gain 2-3 pounds of muscle and lose 2-3 pounds of fat. Just be a better stronger, fitter human being.

Im about 6'6" 240lbs at 9-10% bf.

Basic 'cutting' cycles appeal the most to me. But I'll admit my nervousness and interests in progressing slowly and carefully.

Cheers!

At least u ate thinkin straight and not jumpin
Take slow
Not a race . Ever
Bloods always
A lot of supps and mins to see how u react
How many cycles u have ?
Or just learning ?
Here to help

At least u ate thinkin straight and not jumpin
Take slow
Not a race . Ever
Bloods always
A lot of supps and mins to see how u react
How many cycles u have ?
Or just learning ?
Here to help

Well, I'm at zero for the number of 'cycles' or steroids I have ever taken.

Based on on my reading my initially thoughts are a short 8-9 week run or Test Prop at ~300mg a week.
Plus the obligatory AI and Nolva and Clomid after.

Considering Winstrol or Anavar as an oral kicker. But idk.

Taking it slow. I just want to be 55 someday, jacked and still able to move my body.

Well, I'm at zero for the number of 'cycles' or steroids I have ever taken.

Based on on my reading my initially thoughts are a short 8-9 week run or Test Prop at ~300mg a week.
Plus the obligatory AI and Nolva and Clomid after.

Considering Winstrol or Anavar as an oral kicker. But idk.

Taking it slow. I just want to be 55 someday, jacked and still able to move my body.

Nope
Test E or Cyp first for 15 weeks
With proper Ai
After few weeks with bloods , after cycle
Next cycle
Test and dbol
3rd cycle
Test , NPP and halo
Halo to be used only as pwo
And only for 3 weeks , it eats ur liver for fun , strength and damage on muscles are ridiculous , ur choice, but that's me
Enjoy

Nope
Test E or Cyp first for 15 weeks
With proper Ai
After few weeks with bloods , after cycle
Next cycle
Test and dbol
3rd cycle
Test , NPP and halo
Halo to be used only as pwo
And only for 3 weeks , it eats ur liver for fun , strength and damage on muscles are ridiculous , ur choice, but that's me
Enjoy

I mean no offense, I'm just trying to learn.

Doesn't Dbol have a propensity for water weight? (Something I'd like to avoid giving the strength the weight aspects of CF)

And what is "PWO" as you stated in reference to the halotestin? And NPP being Nandrolone?

I'm not up on the lingo, but I learn fast.

IML Gear Cream!
Dbol does have it
But u need diet in check
I've ran at 40 mg daily with minimal water with NPP

Pwo
Pre work out

NPP is great if understood
Tren is an animal and need to be used wisely if labs have great oils

Gotcha.

Thanks for the input.

I am still in the learning phase of this whole... thing.

Welcome to the forum. Plenty of good info here, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions. We definitely want to help you reach your goals.

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome!

Evening Gents (and maybe a few ladies),

I'd just like to say 'hi'.

Now being in my late 30's, I've been slinging weights pretty much uninterrupted since I was 13. Football got me in the weight room and I just never really left. Always been a big strong guy which saw me through a very nice H.S. and Collegiate athletic career.

I know I'll ruffle some feather here, but I've been doing CrossFit for about 5 years. (Actually kind of a CrossFit/bodybuilding hybrid.)

My diet is pretty dialed in (it could always be better) and I train 6 days or so a week.

I'm a quiet read and think kind of guy. So I may not post a lot but I'm taking it all in. Recently had a blood test that really showed my age and the wife is now on board with me gently exploring AAS. Which brings me here.

Get strong, Get fit.

-oldman85
When you say "really showed my age" what did you mean, test level? Skip all the stuff to help you "cut" . Cut is in the diet and that is key to everything. Gear is just the icing . There are cycles that assist but you need to evaluate how you handle AAS first. A simple test (I prefer cyp) cycle @ 500 weekly is where you should start split M/Th . I also prefer exemestane over arimidex(personal preference) for my AI . I go pharma for my AI and if needed pct drugs . If "your age" is a drop in test levels you will probably become a cruiser(UGL trt) like most here. O yea old ... you ain't old late 30's is a young buck.

I would go with exactly what mish and Gdawg suggested. Test cycle (cyp or E) 500mg a week split in 2-250mg pins. Save the prop for later down the road. Get a good AI (Aromasin is my preffered) and make sure you use it. Get bloods after 5 weeks of pinning and we will review the bloods then and make suggestions. Any questions feel free to message me. As Mish said, we are here to help!

Yes Dbol can and more than likely will add some water weight to you once you get to that point but it will add A LOT of strength and once you drop the dbol the water weight drops too so thats something to keep in mind.

Get Shredded!
When you say "really showed my age" what did you mean, test level? Skip all the stuff to help you "cut" . Cut is in the diet and that is key to everything. Gear is just the icing . There are cycles that assist but you need to evaluate how you handle AAS first. A simple test (I prefer cyp) cycle @ 500 weekly is where you should start split M/Th . I also prefer exemestane over arimidex(personal preference) for my AI . I go pharma for my AI and if needed pct drugs . If "your age" is a drop in test levels you will probably become a cruiser(UGL trt) like most here. O yea old ... you ain't old late 30's is a young buck.

30's if you played sports hard your entire life makes you a old guy even though the number appears as a young buck lol... Dr says my knees are that of a 60 year old man... and I'm what you'd call a young young buck :eek:

Well, I bow to your oldness. Late 30's feels old when I'm trading blows 20-22 year old kids.

My test levels came in at ~320 ng/dl, which is considered medically acceptable for my age. But I'm not interested in being merely acceptable. And also my creatine kinase (ck) levels were REALLY high. >1500. Basically my body can't recover at a reasonable rate to support my activity level.

I totally get you on the 'diet' thing. It's always a work in progress but for this endomorph to get to ~9% it's mark of a lot of hard work.

I'm certainly not expecting a silver bullet from AAS, rather a momentum shove in the direction I'm already going.

Thanks for your opinion on the Cypionate and Exemastane.

You really think 500/wk for a first run? Also what would you suggest for duration?

When I say showed my age I'm referring my Test and creatine kinase levels. My Test was ~375 ng/dl, which falls within a medically acceptable range. However, I'd like to be better than acceptable. Couple that with my cK levels being >1500 my last two bloods draws has my (and my Dr's) attention. Basically my body isn't recovering at a rate sufficient to support my current level of activity.

And I agree on the diet aspect. To get this endomorph to 9% bf has been a lot of consistent work. I'm not expecting a silver bullet from AAS, but rather a momentum push in the direction I'm already going.

Thanks for the opinion on Cypionate and Exemestane. Do you really think 500mg/week for a first run? (Maybe it's reasonable, I just don't know) And how long would you go for a first foray?

Age ain't nothing but a number I suppose. I'm just a sore loser and want to go toe to toe with all the 20-somethings at my gym.

Cheers! And thanks for taking the time.

I would go with exactly what mish and Gdawg suggested. Test cycle (cyp or E) 500mg a week split in 2-250mg pins. Save the prop for later down the road. Get a good AI (Aromasin is my preffered) and make sure you use it. Get bloods after 5 weeks of pinning and we will review the bloods then and make suggestions. Any questions feel free to message me. As Mish said, we are here to help!

Yes Dbol can and more than likely will add some water weight to you once you get to that point but it will add A LOT of strength and once you drop the dbol the water weight drops too so thats something to keep in mind.

Gotcha. Thanks for the info. Just trying to plan and learn. I'm in no rush. I want to do this right and be 55 years old someday and still be able to throw down.

30's if you played sports hard your entire life makes you a old guy even though the number appears as a young buck lol... Dr says my knees are that of a 60 year old man... and I'm what you'd call a young young buck :eek:

Yup. With the number of broken bones, torn ligaments and tendons, combined with dislocations I've had, I'd say I'm holding it together pretty well all things considered. I'm lucky to still have good knees, but my low back is held together with bubble gum and scotch tape.

Welcome aboard !

Nice stats ,.any pics?

Sorry for the weird double post. My phone was being stupid.

Well, I bow to your oldness. Late 30's feels old when I'm trading blows 20-22 year old kids.

My test levels came in at ~320 ng/dl, which is considered medically acceptable for my age. But I'm not interested in being merely acceptable. And also my creatine kinase (ck) levels were REALLY high. >1500. Basically my body can't recover at a reasonable rate to support my activity level.

I totally get you on the 'diet' thing. It's always a work in progress but for this endomorph to get to ~9% it's mark of a lot of hard work.

I'm certainly not expecting a silver bullet from AAS, rather a momentum shove in the direction I'm already going.

Thanks for your opinion on the Cypionate and Exemastane.

You really think 500/wk for a first run? Also what would you suggest for duration?

Here is a good link for your first cycle. Should have everything in there for you to be comfortable when you are ready. Let me know if you have any questions...

http://www.anabolicsteroidforums.com/showthread.php/184-First-Cycle-and-PCT-2012

Back