• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 🩺Muscle Gelz® HUMANOGEN® - Powered by Ibutamoren® Increases Growth Hormone! (Transdermal - No Injecting!)🏥

GH Myth Busting

TheShadow

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
BODYBUILDING MYTH: GROWTH HORMONE NEEDS TO BE RAN FOR LONG TIMES TO SEE ANY BENEFIT

In this research, highly conditioned athletes were given 8iu of GH 3x/week (M/W/F).

No other exogenous hormones were used, and diet was set at maintenance calories, with a protein intake of 2g/kg.

In just 6 weeks, these participants made significant increases in LBM, and decreases in total fat mass. In other words, they added muscle and lost fat.

Take-away points being for us as physique athletes...
1) GH does not need to be ran for extended periods of time to cause any benefit
2) GH absolutely does not need to be ran alongside AAS to produce results
3) GH can within itself cause significant changes in body composition
4) GH does not need to be ran at ridiculous dosages
5) Protein intake must be sufficient to produce increases in LBM

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/3170408/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's good to know. I've always heard mixed info on the subject

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

BODYBUILDING MYTH: GROWTH HORMONE NEEDS TO BE RAN FOR LONG TIMES TO SEE ANY BENEFIT

In this research, highly conditioned athletes were given 8iu of GH 3x/week (M/W/F).

No other exogenous hormones were used, and diet was set at maintenance calories, with a protein intake of 2g/kg.

In just 6 weeks, these participants made significant increases in LBM, and decreases in total fat mass. In other words, they added muscle and lost fat.

Good info! And interesting. I would be curious to know what the diets of these individuals were prior to the study. For example, if they were only eating day...<1g/kg previously, or if diet lacked in other macros etc. it would be natural, and makes sense for these individuals to increase muscle mass from diet alone. Things like that can skew study results.

It reminds me of the HMB studies back in the day. Helped increase muscle mass on subjects, sure, but the people they used for the study were relatively unexperienced lifters. Now it's realized that HMB will typically work better on untrained individuals, and those that have not previously experimented with other performance enhancing drugs.

Idk....just some thoughts.

Good info! And interesting. I would be curious to know what the diets of these individuals were prior to the study. For example, if they were only eating day...<1g/kg previously, or if diet lacked in other macros etc. it would be natural, and makes sense for these individuals to increase muscle mass from diet alone. Things like that can skew study results.

It reminds me of the HMB studies back in the day. Helped increase muscle mass on subjects, sure, but the people they used for the study were relatively unexperienced lifters. Now it's realized that HMB will typically work better on untrained individuals, and those that have not previously experimented with other performance enhancing drugs.

Idk....just some thoughts.

They are high performance athletes, so diet was likely largely unchanged. Anyhow, check out the actual study to see the body composition change. Nobody is gaining that much muscle and losing fat at the same time from a calorie or macro change.

It would be nice to see what the difference would be in these people same dosage seven days a week compared to the three days

I agree. I saw changes within two weeks running 4iu a day, fat loss and mittens stayed more full

It would be nice to see what the difference would be in these people same dosage seven days a week compared to the three days

Initially it would be the same, but over long periods would be worse due to insulin resistance setting in with ED dosing

They are high performance athletes, so diet was likely largely unchanged. Anyhow, check out the actual study to see the body composition change. Nobody is gaining that much muscle and losing fat at the same time from a calorie or macro change.

I'll check it out. Thanks for sharing.

I would have liked them to elaborate more on this.

"We conclude that supraphysiological doses of met-hGH will alter body composition in exercising adults in a relative dose-dependent manner and that such treatment may suppress endogenous release of GH in some individuals."

Was this during or after the hgh? And how long after....

I would have liked them to elaborate more on this.

"We conclude that supraphysiological doses of met-hGH will alter body composition in exercising adults in a relative dose-dependent manner and that such treatment may suppress endogenous release of GH in some individuals."

Was this during or after the hgh? And how long after....

Post-GH treatment, immediately post 6 weeks of described protocol. Zero prior GH or AAS use. If you check the full text they have graphs demonstrating mean LBM and fat loss differences.

One mistake guys make when reading studies is they think Fat Free Mass = muscle mass. Depending on the study this can often times be false. Increases in water weight, organ mass and tendon and ligaments would be fat free mass increases

The study you cited uses this exact language - fat-free weight (FFW) which could mean water weight increases which HGH is known for.

Its extremely rare to see studies that actually show increases in muscle mass in healthy individuals with HGH alone.

This study proves the guys added water weight.

One mistake guys make when reading studies is they think Fat Free Mass = muscle mass. Depending on the study this can often times be false. Increases in water weight, organ mass and tendon and ligaments would be fat free mass increases

The study you cited uses this exact language - fat-free weight (FFW) which could mean water weight increases which HGH is known for.

Its extremely rare to see studies that actually show increases in muscle mass in healthy individuals with HGH alone.

Look at the mean average graphs, extra-cellular water in any individual cannot summate to that volume. Also, additional intra-cellular fluid retention is something a physique athlete should certainly chase.

Look at the mean average graphs, extra-cellular water in any individual cannot summate to that volume. Also, additional intra-cellular fluid retention is something a physique athlete should certainly chase.

Show me where they gained MUSCLE MASS. This is water weight brother

Show me where they gained MUSCLE MASS. This is water weight brother

I'm not disagreeing with you man, I understand what LBM and FMM are determined as physiologically, merely sharing some research into the short-term visual effects of GH. I haven't once used the words skeletal muscle mass, I said LBM :)

I'm not disagreeing with you man, I understand what LBM and FMM are determined as physiologically, merely sharing some research into the short-term visual effects of GH. I haven't once used the words skeletal muscle mass, I said LBM :)

Okay

Just want to make sure everyone understands the difference.

I was going to post this exact thing, but I decided against sticking my neck out . . . glad to see you have more balls than I do.

Post-GH treatment, immediately post 6 weeks of described protocol. Zero prior GH or AAS use. If you check the full text they have graphs demonstrating mean LBM and fat loss differences.

When I try to read the full article it asks me to subscribe

Back