• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Dopamine Recovery

socalmk6gti

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
So I'm 13 years clean from all narcotics (awesome!), and I've been using alcohol off and on for quite a few years. I've cut all alcohol out recently and noticed my ability to "feel happy" has been cut drastically. I'm on cycle now and even that doesn't give me the alpha feeling I once had.

Is there anything supplement wise that I can take to start recovery of dopamine a little bit faster? My diet has been good, I'm meeting all my macronutrients that my coach has me on and even my water intake.

Currently about 45 days zero alcohol and cycle is at week 7.
Test, Deca, Adrol(dropped end of week 5)

Thanks in advance I know there's some very knowledgeable people in here.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

So I'm 13 years clean from all narcotics (awesome!), and I've been using alcohol off and on for quite a few years. I've cut all alcohol out recently and noticed my ability to "feel happy" has been cut drastically. I'm on cycle now and even that doesn't give me the alpha feeling I once had.

Is there anything supplement wise that I can take to start recovery of dopamine a little bit faster? My diet has been good, I'm meeting all my macronutrients that my coach has me on and even my water intake.

In my experience, it just takes time.

I don't think it's as much of a hormone imbalance as it is your mental function in general.

Meditation. Try it. A direct focus on what you want and things you are grateful for can drastically increase your ability to process information and react in a suitable manner.

This probably wasn't what you were looking for but, I've been clean and sober almost 8 years now and that is what got me out of my drug and drink induced mindset.

Im the same way clean 1.5 years and I feel like it has permanently fucked me. That same feeling of wanting to go do shit and have fun rarely returns for me. Im considering welbutrin. Have you tried anything prescription wise to help. Im 45 yo and know someone else the same age that has gone through the same and experiencing the same symptoms.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

How do you know you have low dopamine?

Im 45 yo and know someone else the same age that has gone through the same and experiencing the same symptoms.

Age plays a big factor too. Socal, I'm not sure how old you are though. But at some time in your 40's, most people quit getting "amped up" about doing things. And the older you get, the less excited you are about things. Have you ever tried to get an old person excited about doing something? It doesn't happen.

Im the same way clean 1.5 years and I feel like it has permanently fucked me. That same feeling of wanting to go do shit and have fun rarely returns for me. Im considering welbutrin. Have you tried anything prescription wise to help. Im 45 yo and know someone else the same age that has gone through the same and experiencing the same symptoms.

Don't fucking do it.

I used something like that, I can't fucking remember the name and, I am convinced it gave me colitis...

I never had a single issue until about three weeks into the drug. Then it started and has never and will never stop.

There is a ton of anictdotal evidence out there that supports what happened to me though.

Also, curiously enough, anti depressants are used to help TREAT inflammatory bowel diseases..... There is a link there without a doubt.

Age plays a big factor too. Socal, I'm not sure how old you are though. But at some time in your 40's, most people quit getting "amped up" about doing things. And the older you get, the less excited you are about things. Have you ever tried to get an old person excited about doing something? It doesn't happen.

I'm 52, and can confirm this. The only thing that gets me amped anymore is the anticipation of my next gear order showing up!

I turn 39 next month. Yeah I have considered the fact that age can be playing a factor in this. I just noticed my wife being very happy and excited about certain things I don't seem to have nearly the same reaction as I used to. And I know that when I do have alcohol, I feel a lot of that happy excitement returning. I'd rather quit alcohol completely or just save it for special occasions. It's not something I want to use in order to feel a sense of happiness that I used to

Don't fucking do it.

I used something like that, I can't fucking remember the name and, I am convinced it gave me colitis...

I never had a single issue until about three weeks into the drug. Then it started and has never and will never stop.

There is a ton of anictdotal evidence out there that supports what happened to me though.

Also, curiously enough, anti depressants are used to help TREAT inflammatory bowel diseases..... There is a link there without a doubt.
I have obsessive compulsive disorder and I'm pretty sure the doctor prescribe me wellbutrin to help treat it. I can't remember for sure it's been quite a few years. What I do remember from that experience is that I wasn't suicidal or depressed at all but about 3 weeks in to using it I started having very serious thoughts about suicide and so I stopped to completely. It also affected my libido tremendously

How do you know you have low dopamine?
I haven't confirmed anything I'm only going off of how I feel and what I've read doing research about recovery from alcohol and drugs. I was highly addicted to cocaine in my early twenties and now I'm 12 and 1/2 years sober from all narcotics. There are far too many studies that show the corollarities between dopamine suppression and drug use. Similar studies related to prolonged alcohol use.

IML Gear Cream!

I haven't tried anything (prescription) so far, I honestly just cut down alcohol significantly and was only doing it on special occasions. Then about 45 days ago I decided to cut it out completely. I'm not sure how long that will last but I'd like to take a nice long break and go back to only on special occasions and most.

I don't think it's as much of a hormone imbalance as it is your mental function in general.

Meditation. Try it. A direct focus on what you want and things you are grateful for can drastically increase your ability to process information and react in a suitable manner.

This probably wasn't what you were looking for but, I've been clean and sober almost 8 years now and that is what got me out of my drug and drink induced mindset.
This is all good advice and honestly it's what I expected. Time, and redirecting my mental focus. I've also been getting closer to Jesus than ever before. That alone has made a huge difference in the past couple of weeks

I turn 39 next month. Yeah I have considered the fact that age can be playing a factor in this. I just noticed my wife being very happy and excited about certain things I don't seem to have nearly the same reaction as I used to. And I know that when I do have alcohol, I feel a lot of that happy excitement returning. I'd rather quit alcohol completely or just save it for special occasions. It's not something I want to use in order to feel a sense of happiness that I used to

I know exactly what you are talking about. Yeah, my wife gets more excited about things than I do. But I think that is the male/female dynamic of things. And yeah...get a few drinks in me and I'm up for doing about anything. And I have fun doing it. Unfortunately, it's a slippery slope to addiction. If there weren't so many negatives, I could see me being buzzed most every night. Not worth it in the long run though.

Hang in there and keep plugging along. Sometimes it helps to do something new and different. Break out of the rut.

im 33 and feel the same way. It’s a combo of life bleeding you dry and age. Sex is pretty much all that’s left to be excited about. Besides gear and gym sessions.

you try picking up a new hobby ? Play guitar or drums... music can help.

Also ive heard some people getting depressed when using nandrolone...

im 33 and feel the same way. It’s a combo of life bleeding you dry and age. Sex is pretty much all that’s left to be excited about. Besides gear and gym sessions.

you try picking up a new hobby ? Play guitar or drums... music can help.

Also ive heard some people getting depressed when using nandrolone...
Music has helped me even though I cant play anything but the skin flute. For music I have started going to concerts as often as I can. Just saw Shinedown Godsmack and FFDP this past weekend. Something about live music that makes me feel a little younger.

I agree, time is what makes you recover. Took me a couple years off coke to feel somewhat normal again, and that still isn't what normal used to be. Don't think it ever will be

Music has helped me even though I cant play anything but the skin flute. For music I have started going to concerts as often as I can. Just saw Shinedown Godsmack and FFDP this past weekend. Something about live music that makes me feel a little younger.

That sounds like some amazing music to see at a live event. I can't imagine the energy that any of those bands puts out there. Must have been killer!

That sounds like some amazing music to see at a live event. I can't imagine the energy that any of those bands puts out there. Must have been killer!

Was one of the coolest venues I have been to. Concert was put on in front of the Mansfield Reformatory. Where Shaw Shank Redemption was filmed.
d9d80fd9c61504b8fae6942224285921.jpg

For me it’s a daily challenge to get excited. Not sure what to call it, I’m not depressed just not the enthusiasm of a kid who has his whole life and lots of pussy in front of him.
I try and accomplish things so I can look back at the end of the day and see the end result.

I agree, time is what makes you recover. Took me a couple years off coke to feel somewhat normal again, and that still isn't what normal used to be. Don't think it ever will be

Years?! Shit. What major things did you notice abnormal about the sober time before that point in recovery?

I've definitely noticed long term cynicism and even a little paranoia lingering but some of it has to be a simple opening of the eyes from hanging around a more ragged crowd.

Get Shredded!
Years?! Shit. What major things did you notice abnormal about the sober time before that point in recovery?

I've definitely noticed long term cynicism and even a little paranoia lingering but some of it has to be a simple opening of the eyes from hanging around a more ragged crowd.

Yeah I had a bad habit lol. The biggest thing was lack of motivation to do...anything. Crazy low energy, and my mental "sharpness" I guess you could say took a long time to recover, and my mind still isn't as sharp as it should be years later. Took months for me to even want to get out of bed before noon. Shit really took it out of me

From my own experience when i feel mentally “flat” with deca or tren..
Mucuna Pruriens 40% Dopa with 1g Tyrosine twice per day with a topical Pregnenolone. Proviron is an excellent addition too that i’m discovering!!
Do not cut fat intake and eat those egg yolks and fish oil!👍

Yeah I had a bad habit lol. The biggest thing was lack of motivation to do...anything. Crazy low energy, and my mental "sharpness" I guess you could say took a long time to recover, and my mind still isn't as sharp as it should be years later. Took months for me to even want to get out of bed before noon. Shit really took it out of me

Sounds hella familiar... I'm hoping it's sooner than years to get normal(-ish) but not hoping too hard. Hormones are a giant step up for me.

Those 5-day benders are a killer. Didn't feel so bad at the time tho.

Ha. Welcome to middle age.

Years ago I had a minor knee injury doing clean and jerks. Went to the doc, had an MRI and he came back and told me I’m developing arthritis in the knee.

My next question was “so what do I do? Surgery?”

He laughed and said no, walk instead of running. Ride a bike. Your knee is old and worn out. The only thing to do now is prevent it from getting worse.

That’s kind of like what middle age is like. Sad. But it’s not so much what you can do to get better, it’s more of a “do whatever you can so it doesn’t get worse” mentality.

It is what it is. Try not to sweat the small stuff. I’m a happy person overall, but life has handed me some fairly sour lemons. Some you just don’t bounce back from as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have zero experience in what you’re going through, and you may have looked into this, or someone may have already mentioned, but have you considered taking L-dopa? There are multiple different supplement companies that make l-dopa products. I used to take it to help reduce my prolactin levels (which was caused by 19-nor drugs I.e. tren/deca). It helped bring my levels down to normal, helped with sex drive, and overall mood in general. I liked it. Supplemented for a while, quit taking it, and I feel pretty much the same as I did while on it. It worked for me, but others may have a different experience. Just might be worth reading up on!

I administered meds, specifically and primarily psych meds as I worked primarly in that field (besides with endos)

I have experienced enough to be firmly opposed to the majority of psych meds. They are extremely dangerous and addictive and have tons of sides. Even these so called ADHD meds are nothing but clean street rec drugs. Adderall is comparable to amphetamines, ritalin is super close to cocaine, etc, etc.

Your best bet is to get an over the counter Natural Nootropic. And those 'MIGHT" help you. 5-HTP is a great natural non addictive compound to try out but its not always effective.

One product I found to really work well in my clients who had alcohol and drug addiction, is my buddy Toney Freemans product. He's the old school IFBB pro. Anyways, he has a product called DOSE. They have nootropic coffee and hot cocoa. But that also comes with a pill called Xanthomax that he also sells. Mind you I am not affiliated with this brand, nor do I get a dime from saying this, but I genuinely think if you tried it, it will help. They even sell samples on Amazon for like $10 bucks if I recall...

Hands down this is probably the most effective thing I have seen, other then Vicaine, which is no longer in production.

https://elevacity.com/shop.php
1562618898SmartCoffee.jpg

1562621101XanthoMax.jpg

5-htp and gaba are great supps. They will work, but didn’t expect a RX type of feeling from them, even tho they start working right away, they improve over time. In other words if you stop taking them is you will notice just how much they were really helping you

Have u talked to the doc about getting on adderal? Not sure it is a good choice but a few buddies who were once addicted use that now at low doseages and do pretty dang well, myself, i need to do something as well because im now a lazy slug, cant get anything done....

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Have u talked to the doc about getting on adderal? Not sure it is a good choice but a few buddies who were once addicted use that now at low doseages and do pretty dang well, myself, i need to do something as well because im now a lazy slug, cant get anything done....

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

How open are docs to prescribing that? Do you just say "I'm unmotivated..."?

Back