• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Recomp

Frankdoz

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I’m trying to lose fat and gain muscle eating around 2900 calories a day 300 grams protein , 300 carbs 75 fat . Even with aas and 6 days of working out I’ve been roughly the sane size for at least a year .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So 2900 cals is maintenance? Drop 300 cals or carb cycle 100 or 0 on off days, 200 on good body part workout days and 300 on lagging body part days. Adjust as needed. Oh yeah you will need to do cardio as well, yes it sucks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’m trying to lose fat and gain muscle eating around 2900 calories a day 300 grams protein , 300 carbs 75 fat . Even with aas and 6 days of working out I’ve been roughly the sane size for at least a year .

How much cradio are you doing.. ?
Have to eat to build muscle, but increase cardio like your cutting.

Also,you could try carb cycling.. do a refeed once a week.
On a separate note.
Even if you drop your carbs to 200gr a day that's 400 less Calories.

Oops. My bad

What kills, survives. L

How much cradio are you doing.. ?
Have to eat to build muscle, but increase cardio like your cutting.

Also,you could try carb cycling.. do a refeed once a week.
On a separate note.
Even if you drop your carbs to 200gr a day that's 400 less Calories.

Like 15-30 minutes of low cardio

I’m just starting similar macros. 2900 on training days with high protein and carbs. Good carbs. 15 percent less calories on non training days by cutting carbs. First time trying it. 2-3 days of fasted cardio for 25-30 mins in the morning. I’m staying around the same weight right now two weeks in. But my wife says my stomach and waist has gotten smaller. I confirmed by one belt loop. At first I was driving my self nuts but weighing morning and night. My wife said stop weighing so much and let your body tell you the story. Everything I’m doing is high rep with 30 sec rest in between sets. Currently only running low dose test 400 blend. Cyp and e blend 1/2 cc a week. I just started back in the gym after 4 years off. So I’m taking it easy on the gear. Mainly just to try to recomp and keep from losing muscle on those fasted cardio days.

Have you changed in size at all? As far as changing belt loops on the belt or needing smaller or bigger clothes. What’s the meals actually look like for ya? My wife is staying more towards the keto side of things. She’s dropping like crazy. She does body weight workouts and I bought her a peloton bike for Christmas (greatest investment training wise for her ever). She’s dropped about 7 pound in a month. We use MyFitnessPal to log everything and that app is wonderful. Scan barcodes and it loads the macros and you enter your servings. I may not can be much help for you but just thought I’d chime in and say what’s worked for us. I know everyone is different. She’s not running any supplements. Just strict eating, and increasing activity

good question, how can you be the same size with aas and training and a calorie surplus?

I'm curious

I’ve had great success keeping the carbs low (150g rest days/230g workout days) and loading carbs on Saturdays from anywhere between 3-12 hours depending on how my body weight is that morning. If you are maintaining body weight but your strength is going up (in bodybuilding rep ranges) with strict form you are most likely gaining muscle. If your weight stays the same it can be a safe bet you are losing body fat too, therefore you are recomping. This method has worked for me at body weights as low as 195 and as high as 250.

Back