• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 🩺Muscle Gelz® HUMANOGEN® - Powered by Ibutamoren® Increases Growth Hormone! (Transdermal - No Injecting!)🏥

Drugs for those with sleep apnea

Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Curious, how many here use a CPAP and additionally use medication for wakefulness?
Anyone have experience with Sunosi? It is being advertised a lot and supposedly not a stimulant.
Makes we wonder if it is sort of like Modafinil.
I have a CPAP I use religiously and occasionally I will take Modafinil for days I feel like I did not get quality sleep.
I have to watch the dosage on modaf though because it gives me major cotton mouth and can make me feel lousy and nauseous if I take too much.

Curious, how many here use a CPAP and additionally use medication for wakefulness?
Anyone have experience with Sunosi? It is being advertised a lot and supposedly not a stimulant.
Makes we wonder if it is sort of like Modafinil.
I have a CPAP I use religiously and occasionally I will take Modafinil for days I feel like I did not get quality sleep.
I have to watch the dosage on modaf though because it gives me major cotton mouth and can make me feel lousy and nauseous if I take too much.
I hv not but am curious myself I not hv sleep apnea also insomnia can only sleep for 2-3 hrs then wide awake all I want to do is take a nap during the day

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I have horrible sleep apnea and also use a cpap machine. If I don’t use it I can’t even take a nap if I wanted to. I don’t take any sleep meds besides melatonin here and there when needed tho.

I use the CPAP nightly and use Adrafinil on occasion during the day when needed. Clean/long lasting energy, no crash or jitters, etc.

My horrible but effective sleep protocol, cpap included:

Melatonin 10mg
Magnesium 250mg (simple, but important)
Diphenhydramine 75mg (one and half pills OTC sleep aid)
6-10g red kratom

Stay awake protocol
Caffeine drinks (coffee, pwo, etc) as needed
2-3g of white or yellow kratom as needed

My horrible but effective sleep protocol, cpap included:

Melatonin 10mg
Magnesium 250mg (simple, but important)
Diphenhydramine 75mg (one and half pills OTC sleep aid)
6-10g red kratom

Stay awake protocol
Caffeine drinks (coffee, pwo, etc) as needed
2-3g of white or yellow kratom as needed

JFC, thats a lot of shit, I have a CPAP but do not use it, they say I have sleep apena but I don't think I do, my doctor said I do because my neck is 18 inches and they find anything over 16 causes restricted air ways. Which is probalby eveyone on this forum. But he diagoised me over a telehealth call. I switch up between melitonin which I can sleep 5-6 hours and on non work nights I take two advil Pm and sleep 8 and can't drag myself out of bed because of the drug hang over....:coffee:

Just started 100mg zoloft after years of Ambien.
Works well..
5 weeks in so far.

JFC, thats a lot of shit, I have a CPAP but do not use it, they say I have sleep apena but I don't think I do, my doctor said I do because my neck is 18 inches and they find anything over 16 causes restricted air ways. Which is probalby eveyone on this forum. But he diagoised me over a telehealth call. I switch up between melitonin which I can sleep 5-6 hours and on non work nights I take two advil Pm and sleep 8 and can't drag myself out of bed because of the drug hang over....:coffee:

I suffer from insomnia and don't want to take the meds that make you do crazy shit while sleep walking. I tried some other rx stuff over the years, but it didn't help. So my "OTC plus all natural" protocol is fairly heavy. I had an old man moment this week and left my night time pills out on the cabinet and forgot to take them. I was wide awake in about 3 hrs that night. I made up for it by being at work before 4am and knocking off at noon.

Works well..
5 weeks in so far.

My wife takes 100mg of zoloft daily, I call it her rose colored glasses, because of the destress factor...:coffee:

I suffer from insomnia and don't want to take the meds that make you do crazy shit while sleep walking. I tried some other rx stuff over the years, but it didn't help. So my "OTC plus all natural" protocol is fairly heavy. I had an old man moment this week and left my night time pills out on the cabinet and forgot to take them. I was wide awake in about 3 hrs that night. I made up for it by being at work before 4am and knocking off at noon.

I woke three hours early 2 days ago and flipped back and forth between cnn and fox just to see the spin factor, ole reddog was quite the asshole that day,
It's best that I sleep until the alarm goes off...:coffee:

What kind of mask do you use, I cannot find one that is comfortable and I feel like I sleep less when I wear my CPAP. I tried nose only cause I'm not a mouth breather and I tried the lower face mask that covers nose and mouth and can't get past 3-4 hours before I take it off...:coffee:

- - - Updated - - -

I'm getting like GSD, LOL...:coffee:

What kind of mask do you use, I cannot find one that is comfortable and I feel like I sleep less when I wear my CPAP. I tried nose only cause I'm not a mouth breather and I tried the lower face mask that covers nose and mouth and can't get past 3-4 hours before I take it off...:coffee:

- - - Updated - - -

I'm getting like GSD, LOL...:coffee:

Nose only ones suck, imo. Fisher and Paykel Simplus is what I've been using, but I hear the Vitera is a little better and want to give it a try.

I set mine to ramp up as long as possible (40 mins) so I have time to fall asleep before it starts blasting. It will usually still wake me up a couple of times every night and I have gotten use to hitting the off/on button a couple of times and restarting the ramp up process. When I first started using it, it took a few weeks to get used to it. Now that I'm used to it, I wouldn't sleep without it. Even the rare naps, I wear it. The sleep quality difference is night and day.

Interesting, I left my ramp time at 5 minutes like they did when I got it and sometimes it would feel like I can't get air because its blasting me, also do you sleep on your back? I like to sleep on my side basically using a small pillow on my upper arm area and the mask does not let me get comfortable..:coffee:

Interesting, I left my ramp time at 5 minutes like they did when I got it and sometimes it would feel like I can't get air because its blasting me, also do you sleep on your back? I like to sleep on my side basically using a small pillow on my upper arm area and the mask does not let me get comfortable..:coffee:

Lol...first thing I did was set my ramp time to max! I'm a side sleeper, usually with arm under my pillow/head. I use a full size pillow and have zero problems with the full face mask. I find that gently leaning the mask *into* the pillow helps it seal better. Just a tiny bit of angle and a tiny bit of pressure makes a big difference in seal.

Works well..
5 weeks in so far.
How does tht make u feel next day? And was this something ur dr suggested for not being able to sleep.. xanax helps me but only for few hrs

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Hey.. Sorry for the late reply.. Forgot to check back.
No, my doctor didn't suggest it. I did research and requested it. Luckily my doc will give me anything I ask for.
I'd been on ambien for almost 20 years.. It just doesn't work anymore.
I've tried everything..even a marijuana edible sold as a sleep aid.
Temezapam worked well.. But I ate like a horse and a few times with no memory of the night before. Same with Valium.. Xanax.. Clonezapam.
Benzos aren't for me. I still have a full bottle of 2 mg Xanax.
Whats the point of taking it and feeling like a ZOMBIE?
Zoloft so far seems to work well.
No fog AT ALL the next day
Best part is that it kicks in super fast.
I do take it with zzyquil tho.
Also..
There's some good review /info on this thread over at PM.

https://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/index.php?threads/sleep-med-during-contest-prep.165728/

I have real bad insomnia. I can only sleep 4-5 hrs a night. No CPAP. I refuse to take sleep meds and be addicted to some other crap I will have to withdrawal from.
Burned out on benzos they don't work anymore and I won't use them. Tried edibles to help me sleep. That just made me eat the whole fridge. It's been like this for 7 years already. I just deal with it.

I also use a CPAP machine. It has helped so much I have 2 machines. 1 for travel and backup. I use nasal pillow for a mask. They work best for me...less leakage.

Love my cpap. Took me about 1 month of persistent sleeping with the dang thing to get used to it basically used will power and forced myself. Nose was sore every day for 3 months. Nasal pillows work well and the one where the hose comes out the top of your head works best. Resmed makes it. As far as waking up fast. Learned a new trick. As soon as you wake up go straight to the shower. Turn it on cold. Don't hesitate or think about it and just douse yourself in cold water. You'll be awake in seconds. Not sure how thats gonna work out for me in winter. Then train yourself to drink about half as much coffee as you usually like. Too much and you will drag in the morning.

Back