• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Bet you didn’t know those facts about Halloween:

Drugsgear

Board Rep
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
[FONT=&quot]It originated on the territory of Ireland with Celtic tribes and was called Samhain (which is pronounced "Saw-win"). The word "Samhain" translates as ‘summer’s end’ and the festival marked the changing of the seasons when the harvest was over and winter was beginning.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The weight of the harvest pressed on the ground no more, making it light and easy for spirits to infiltrate from the Underworld.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]It was necessary for people to light bonfires and wear costumes to ward off ghosts and spirits. Thus, we now have candles and costumes.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Food was left outside to pacify the spirits, hence trick or treating.:readit:[/FONT]

Read they burned animals. Real pagan holiday.

Now it's about kids begging for candy.

I think all holidays are a joke and were all invented by Hallmark for profit. Now all us idiots have to go buy an $8 card for each loved one every time one of them pop up.

[FONT=&quot]It originated on the territory of Ireland with Celtic tribes and was called Samhain (which is pronounced "Saw-win"). The word "Samhain" translates as ‘summer’s end’ and the festival marked the changing of the seasons when the harvest was over and winter was beginning.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The weight of the harvest pressed on the ground no more, making it light and easy for spirits to infiltrate from the Underworld.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]It was necessary for people to light bonfires and wear costumes to ward off ghosts and spirits. Thus, we now have candles and costumes.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Food was left outside to pacify the spirits, hence trick or treating.:readit:[/FONT]

Read they burned animals. Real pagan holiday.

Now it's about kids begging for candy.

Yes!! Until the Vikings started believing in “Jesus” . Then they turned away from their old religion “the gods” and wiped out their own people caught doing rituals . I love the history of all that .

Vikings and The Last Kingdom and Britannia were 3 of my Favorite Series - Amazon, Netflix, and Epix(through Amazon)

Max

Yes!! Until the Vikings started believing in “Jesus” . Then they turned away from their old religion “the gods” and wiped out their own people caught doing rituals . I love the history of all that .

Vikings and The Last Kingdom and Britannia were 3 of my Favorite Series - Amazon, Netflix, and Epix(through Amazon)

Max

Vikings was so fucking good.

Vikings was so fucking good.

Yeah it was! I didn’t want it to end! You would love Britannia! Great show!
•The Witcher is coming December (hope it is good).

Yeah, and then Christian church transformed them into religious ones.

This is one of the wedges that protestants always use against the catholic church. (Since it was the church that let them keep the pagan holidays and changed them up a bit.) The church has been working overtime the past couple of years trying to revamp history and claiming they were always religious holidays and all the samhain/halloween and ishtar/easter and christmas/solstice stuff were pure coincidence and purely unrelated. You can't escape the symbolism and actual astronomical things though.

They're basically commercial holidays now. A reason to buy stuff. Few people have any idea of the actual history behind them. Hopefully most people still use them to spend time with their families and loved ones. Maybe do something to give back to the community.

^ This is coming from ASF's number one halloween fan (self proclaimed title). :grouphug:

It's more than well-said, really.
as for you being a Halloween fan, have you decorated every square meter of your house yet?

This is one of the wedges that protestants always use against the catholic church. (Since it was the church that let them keep the pagan holidays and changed them up a bit.) The church has been working overtime the past couple of years trying to revamp history and claiming they were always religious holidays and all the samhain/halloween and ishtar/easter and christmas/solstice stuff were pure coincidence and purely unrelated. You can't escape the symbolism and actual astronomical things though.

They're basically commercial holidays now. A reason to buy stuff. Few people have any idea of the actual history behind them. Hopefully most people still use them to spend time with their families and loved ones. Maybe do something to give back to the community.

^ This is coming from ASF's number one halloween fan (self proclaimed title). :grouphug:

IML Gear Cream!
The Celtic, pagan origins are dubious. Halloween, or all hallow's eve, most likely began as a truly Christian celebration of past saints and martyrs on all saints day. The tradition of dressing up as ghouls and goblins was meant as a way to mock the devil.

It's more than well-said, really.
as for you being a Halloween fan, have you decorated every square meter of your house yet?

Naturally. I got the yard. Grandson got the inside. Although I had to take a bunch down this week due to storms and need to put it back out now.

Wow I just realized I have never decorated anything for any holiday ever. Your making me feel like a really shitty Dad. :(

Naturally. I got the yard. Grandson got the inside. Although I had to take a bunch down this week due to storms and need to put it back out now.

Wow I just realized I have never decorated anything for any holiday ever. Your making me feel like a really shitty Dad. :(

Lol...a lot of people don't. Especially halloween. Most homes won't have much more than a pumpkin (not carved) or maybe a plastic jackolantern. I'm just on the other end of the spectrum. I even take the day off work the day after, because I know I'll stay up late and take down most of the stuff. I'm just a big kid trying to relive his childhood and hoping to give the kids stories to tell and memories of their own.

That’s a pretty awesome way of living brother. Much respect sir.

Lol...a lot of people don't. Especially halloween. Most homes won't have much more than a pumpkin (not carved) or maybe a plastic jackolantern. I'm just on the other end of the spectrum. I even take the day off work the day after, because I know I'll stay up late and take down most of the stuff. I'm just a big kid trying to relive his childhood and hoping to give the kids stories to tell and memories of their own.

your only a kid once, i try and make sure my kids have a good time and dont bother then with adult shit even tho they try to sneak it into cartoons these days

Last edited:
your only a kid once, i try and make sure my kids have a good time and dont bother then with adult shit even tho they try to sneak it into cartoons these days

Truth. Although I have seriously tried to stay a kid at heart my whole life. I'm hoping I go gracefully into my second childhood here in a few years. Ice cream for supper and all that.

Truth. Although I have seriously tried to stay a kid at heart my whole life. I'm hoping I go gracefully into my second childhood here in a few years. Ice cream for supper and all that.
I been living my second childhood thru my kids. they get pretty much anything they want but I try and make them think they earned it, I have my son help me deliver stuff or paint wheelchair ramps, one year we had a large fire right before Christmas some families were put up in tents at the ventura fairgrounds, I had them go thru their toys and clothes and we donated to families that lost their homes, was pretty rad to see a line of cars with people doing the same

I had ice cream for breakfast the other day, is that like 2nd infancy? Lol

I felt like shit and couldn’t fathom eating anything solid, I have covid so it’s okay. It fit my macros. I mean I prolly ate 1200 calories in peanut butter chocolate ice cream but it ended up being all I ate so… I’m technically cutting with ice cream.

its justifiable

Back