• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Killionb12 Journey to Nationals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get Shredded!
The ones in the natural light are silly for 7 weeks out.

I've seen plenty of guys go to local shows in the conditioning he's in right now and place high, he's going to out muscle and condition anyone in his class, the only problem he will run into is if he gets a guy next to him with a tiny waist and decent muscle.

I personally believe Killionb12 will HAVE to be an open super heavy if we have another off season..... Hell, we had to STOP growing this year so he could go get that classic physique nationals experience.

LOL doesn’t that suck. Who has to stop growing to make a class. Damn it!

I've seen plenty of guys go to local shows in the conditioning he's in right now and place high, he's going to out muscle and condition anyone in his class, the only problem he will run into is if he gets a guy next to him with a tiny waist and decent muscle.

I personally believe Killionb12 will HAVE to be an open super heavy if we have another off season..... Hell, we had to STOP growing this year so he could go get that classic physique nationals experience.

Haha he definitely got it in him, the rate of progression whether it’s be fat loss or muscle building is nuts!

That is when you know you have a winner on your hands. Killion is quite the phenomenal lifter/bodybuilder

Max

Happy 4th of July everyone! Got my workout in early today and spent the rest of the day at the pool with the family. Had a great day.

7-4-21 push day 1

HS decline press 100lbs - 12, 10

DB flat bench 150s - 10, 8

Cable flys 35lbs - 16, 15

Smith flat bench 225lbs - 16, 14

DB Lateral raises 30lbs - 20, 18

Rear delt cable fly’s 15lbs - 16, 14

Are you intentionally avoiding anterior delts?

Smart. I figured. On the local circuit you see a lot of front delt heavy guys. At the national level, not so much. Super common to overtrain and overdevelop fronts.
I have recently started with rears, 2 exercises, medial, two exercises, then one front exercise which is a different one each time. Because I do primarily incline type bench exercises, my front delts get hammered.
TBH, I never really noticed the imbalance because I have ALWAYS done rear delts, from day one. But when one of my buddies saw me a couple months intomprep and said “DAMN! Your front delts are way bigger.” I sort of freaked out.

Another reason (if someone needs another one) to hire a coach.

Smart. I figured. On the local circuit you see a lot of front delt heavy guys. At the national level, not so much. Super common to overtrain and overdevelop fronts.
I have recently started with rears, 2 exercises, medial, two exercises, then one front exercise which is a different one each time. Because I do primarily incline type bench exercises, my front delts get hammered.
TBH, I never really noticed the imbalance because I have ALWAYS done rear delts, from day one. But when one of my buddies saw me a couple months intomprep and said “DAMN! Your front delts are way bigger.” I sort of freaked out.

Another reason (if someone needs another one) to hire a coach.

For sure man. It’s easy to just do the same thing you have always done but soon realized my front delts were even taking over my chest exercises and chest started to lag behind. Took front delts out of routine and bam chest started to come back up. My rear delts were way behind now they are starting to pop on my rear double and other poses.

Your chest DEFINITELY improved, as did many things. I really look forward to the stage results.

Good leg day and strength was there. Glad I’m 6.5 weeks out and still can push it. Tons better than last prep. Overall still feeling pretty decent. Will have my days but can’t complain. Those days are coming I know.

7-5-21 leg day 1

Seated hamstring curls 175lbs - 13, 12

RDLs 365lbs - 10, 9

Standing calf raises 4 plates - 15, 13, 12

Belt squat 4 plates & 2 25s - 12, 10

Adductors 135lbs - 15, 13, 12

Lying hamstring curls 135lbs - 12, 11
Drop set 2 plates - 8
Drop set 1 plates - 10

Calf presses 6 plates - 20, 16, 15

Update pics. 6 and 7.5 weeks out. Weight is at 249.4lbs. Very happy with current conditioning at 6 weeks out. I’m actually 7lbs heavier than what I was 6 weeks out last prep with same conditioning. Very excited about that.

d868c701cc08772b86b8dd5cb86868d5.jpg

5b5bb99116af46d49dfda04df77e798a.jpg

5c8b9d7ebab0005c1d1b0ea33bc2db42.jpg

7821bd57408ef60e793a32fda70d6443.jpg

0e12c79df64a7e08cd20af4587850b7e.jpg

Sick dude! Workouts still looking solid and the shape is rapidly improving

Update pics. 6 and 7.5 weeks out. Weight is at 249.4lbs. Very happy with current conditioning at 6 weeks out. I’m actually 7lbs heavier than what I was 6 weeks out last prep with same conditioning. Very excited about that.

d868c701cc08772b86b8dd5cb86868d5.jpg

5b5bb99116af46d49dfda04df77e798a.jpg

5c8b9d7ebab0005c1d1b0ea33bc2db42.jpg

7821bd57408ef60e793a32fda70d6443.jpg

0e12c79df64a7e08cd20af4587850b7e.jpg

Dayumm! That is the best you have looked so far this run . All the deep lines starting, dense, and Huge !.

Max

Nothing gonna stop this train!

Had an awesome push day coming off a high day yesterday. Even dropped a pound in weight as well. Got to lift with my son so made the day even better.

7-12-21 push day 1

Pec deck flys 250lbs - 12, 11

DB flat bench 150s - 11, 10

Prime 15deg press 4 plates 2 25s - 11, 10

Low to high cable flys 30lbs - 15, 12

DB lateral raises 30lbs - 15, 14, 12

Cable Rear delt flys 15lbs - 15, 14, 14

Awesome hamstring/glute day. Strength has been really good which is nice being in a caloric deficit. Much better than last prep. I keep saying that but it’s been nice to feel this strong this deep into prep.

7-13-21 leg day 1

Seated hamstring curls 175lbs - 12, 11

RDLs 365lbs - 12, 11

Standing calf raises 4 plates - 16, 14, 13

Belt squats 4 plates - 16, 14

Adductors 140lbs - 20, 16

Standing hamstring curls 80lbs - 15, 14

Seated calf raises 90lbs - 18, 16

Awesome hamstring/glute day. Strength has been really good which is nice being in a caloric deficit. Much better than last prep. I keep saying that but it’s been nice to feel this strong this deep into prep.

7-13-21 leg day 1

RDLs 365lbs - 12, 11

Watching in “Awe”! Kickin Ass Killion

Max
#killionit

7-13-21 leg day 1

RDLs 365lbs - 12, 11

If you keep saying that each time, because that means you're learning something new about yourself each time, and you're nailing it and you're on point.
That's what the majority of us lack is learning something new with the whole process.
Good for you man. No setbacks and just pressing forward doing the hard shit.

Thanks brotha! Giving it all that I have!

Right there with you on the “giving it all I have” too. Any advice for me (physique) , PM me. I don’t get nervous, I get excited though and it pretty much the same thing . I want to make sure I stay lean & full from prejudging til next night show (6 hrs apart) . I don’t use any tricks with clients, but I hope my mind doesn’t trick me. I have Max OG(papa)w/ me and a bunch of family/friends but he is training me my last 7 days prior. I always just eat my normal meals plain w minimal fluids. If you have any advice that can increase my look w/o giving up any sub q retention. I am all ears ! Have seen too many guys fail on stage when they were fine the day before amd day after. Always learning

Max

If you keep saying that each time, because that means you're learning something new about yourself each time, and you're nailing it and you're on point.
That's what the majority of us lack is learning something new with the whole process.
Good for you man. No setbacks and just pressing forward doing the hard shit.

Thanks brotha. Yes I learned a ton about my body last prep. Definitely making things better this time around.

Right there with you on the “giving it all I have” too. Any advice for me (physique) , PM me. I don’t get nervous, I get excited though and it pretty much the same thing . I want to make sure I stay lean & full from prejudging til next night show (6 hrs apart) . I don’t use any tricks with clients, but I hope my mind doesn’t trick me. I have Max OG(papa)w/ me and a bunch of family/friends but he is training me my last 7 days prior. I always just eat my normal meals plain w minimal fluids. If you have any advice that can increase my look w/o giving up any sub q retention. I am all ears ! Have seen too many guys fail on stage when they were fine the day before amd day after. Always learning

Max

Leading up to the show I would always keep water and sodium the same. That’s what will keep the muscle full. Too many people cut water too much or cut it totally out. You need water to push glycogen into the muscle. The day of the show you can definitely cut water some but don’t cut it totally out. John Jewett is a brilliant bodybuilder and has his own podcast. He just had a podcast about show day tweaks. I would definitely watch it. One big thing is he breaks down the science of the body and How it works. Your body will maintain a 70/30 intracellular and extracellular(sub-q) balance. You can’t remove extra cellular without affecting intracellular as well. Cutting water totally out is a good recipe for getting flat. Also when cutting water totally out your body will produce a hormone called Aldosterone to regulate that water balance hence holding on to sodium vs expelling it which leads to water retention. Water follows sodium. That water retention will tend to be held sub q before hours later being back in balance. He seems to think that at least 4-6oz of water with meals and then you can determine in between meals how much you need. He typically tends to use roughly 20oz in between meals but you will have to gauge that personally. He will weigh himself after prejudging since you will probably sweat some water out. If you are down a pound then drink 16oz of water to replace the weight lost. Again I would encourage you to watch his podcast. Great info!

Leading up to the show I would always keep water and sodium the same. That’s what will keep the muscle full. Too many people cut water too much or cut it totally out. You need water to push glycogen into the muscle. The day of the show you can definitely cut water some but don’t cut it totally out. John Jewett is a brilliant bodybuilder and has his own podcast. He just had a podcast about show day tweaks. I would definitely watch it. One big thing is he breaks down the science of the body and How it works. Your body will maintain a 70/30 intracellular and extracellular(sub-q) balance. You can’t remove extra cellular without affecting intracellular as well. Cutting water totally out is a good recipe for getting flat. Also when cutting water totally out your body will produce a hormone called Aldosterone to regulate that water balance hence holding on to sodium vs expelling it which leads to water retention. Water follows sodium. That water retention will tend to be held sub q before hours later being back in balance. He seems to think that at least 4-6oz of water with meals and then you can determine in between meals how much you need. He typically tends to use roughly 20oz in between meals but you will have to gauge that personally. He will weigh himself after prejudging since you will probably sweat some water out. If you are down a pound then drink 16oz of water to replace the weight lost. Again I would encourage you to watch his podcast. Great info!

Totally already copy & pasted to notes. I will watch it for sure. Appreciate it. John Jewett, glad you told me because I do not know him (surprisingly). Hopefully I am ready 7 days out and I can just maintain “the look”. There are a ton of super experienced dudes at this one, so I am gonna present my best. Basically I need to gain that stage time and for them to know my name. The promoter does all the shows I am interested in , for the future. Thx Killion. Cannot wait for yours! You got this shit

Max

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back