• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

About To Start Up Again After 7 Month Layoff

Necron_99

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I've never kept a log before but by doing so I'm hoping to gather some insight on my routines and hopefully learn something new to help out overall progress. If I'm omitting something that people usually include in their logs, I appreciate constructive criticism! Looked through a few other logs so do have some idea what to do here.

7 months ago damn near died but finally got the green light from the doc. I've lost most all of my gains from being in the hospital and laying around for months. I now have a flesh-colored motorcycle tire embossed with the word Dunlop around my waist. Thanksgiving and Christmas were very cruel to my bodyfat %. Cookies and pie are a bitch when you're not exercising.

Started pinning a week ago Friday to get the test levels up. Going to be running just 400 test cyp and 400 EQ every Friday evening for now. Probably do a blast of Deca or Tren later, after I regain some strength & stamina.

Overall objective:

Not interested in a ton of bulk. 25-30 extra pounds of muscle doesn't help me surf any better and isn't a benefit when backpacking in the mountains.
Just looking to be healthy and regain strength.

Goals:

1) Lose the spare tire and get ripped up again.
2) Regain lost strength.

Workout starting tonight: (hopefully most of the new Christmas present members will be gone by now)

Since this is my initial return to lifting going to go real slow to break in. Light weight with a lot of reps but not over do it. I've jumped in too fast following a layoff before and really suffered for it.

Monday: Chest, abs, and triceps day

Incline barbell bench
Incline dumbell bench
High cable crossovers
Low cable crossovers
Incline situps between each set of chest exercises
Various triceps exercises

Tuesday: Legs & lower back day

Squats
Deadlift
Weighted Reverse situps (I don't know the proper name for this)

Wednesday: Shoulders and upper back day

Seated rows
Standing dumbbell flies
Front alternating dumbbell raises
Lat pulldown cable & pullups
Seated dumbbell military press
Shrugs

Thursday: Cardio (Sorry but I don't speak Spanish)

Usually around 30-40 minutes of assorted stupid cardio shit
I fucking hate Thursday nights but at least they don't take much time

Friday: Rest

Saturday: Surf

Sunday: Surf some more

Once again, I appreciate constructive criticism. I'll be posting some start pics of my starting, fat body as soon as I can.

Hyperextensions?

Yes, that's it. When I had to write it above, I realized that I have never known what the proper name for that exercise was, nor have I ever even thought about what it's called. I don't think about it, I just do it. LOL. Thank you.

Damn, I am a weak mutha fucker. LOL. That's okay, it'll come back soon now that I'm on it again. Nothing but light weights and high reps tonight. Highest I went on the incline barbell was 95 lbs. 3 sets of 12 after just the bar for a warm up. Don't want to do any more than that or my soft, girly muscles will be too sore tomorrow. When I was in my late 30's, I jumped in it hard after a couple year layoff and after that first day, I couldn't lift again for 3 weeks. Painful as Hell. The first two weeks I walked around with my elbows bent at 90 degrees because I couldn't straighten them out any more than that. Soaking in a hot tub was only temporary relief and there was nothing I could do. People looked at me and asked, "What the fuck is wrong with you?" Yeah, it was that bad. Definitely don't want to do that again.

Subbed in for your comeback! Following

Max

Damn, I am a weak mutha fucker. LOL. That's okay, it'll come back soon now that I'm on it again. Nothing but light weights and high reps tonight. Highest I went on the incline barbell was 95 lbs. 3 sets of 12 after just the bar for a warm up. Don't want to do any more than that or my soft, girly muscles will be too sore tomorrow. When I was in my late 30's, I jumped in it hard after a couple year layoff and after that first day, I couldn't lift again for 3 weeks. Painful as Hell. The first two weeks I walked around with my elbows bent at 90 degrees because I couldn't straighten them out any more than that. Soaking in a hot tub was only temporary relief and there was nothing I could do. People looked at me and asked, "What the fuck is wrong with you?" Yeah, it was that bad. Definitely don't want to do that again.

Doesn't matter how much weight your lifting starting back, it's only a means to an end. Keep it going, it's a marathon not a Sprint, I'll be following

Just a cycle of test and eq? What made you choose eq? Just curious about the combo here.

Just a cycle of test and eq? What made you choose eq? Just curious about the combo here.

Mostly for the veins. I just don't get them popping on test alone. With just a little eq, I get veins that look like garden hoses under my skin. They are pronounced enough that I routinely get comments about them. I just have to donate blood regularly because it does jack my red count way up. As long as I keep it under 400mg/week and donate regularly, it keeps levels in line. I have heard from some on this board that they take 2-3 times that amount but anything over 400/wk for me and my RB cell production goes nuts.

Mostly for the veins. I just don't get them popping on test alone. With just a little eq, I get veins that look like garden hoses under my skin. They are pronounced enough that I routinely get comments about them. I just have to donate blood regularly because it does jack my red count way up. As long as I keep it under 400mg/week and donate regularly, it keeps levels in line. I have heard from some on this board that they take 2-3 times that amount but anything over 400/wk for me and my RB cell production goes nuts.

I’ve tried eq 2-3 times at 800mg and see it as a waste of space but some say they stand by it. Everyone is different and reacts different so I’m glad it works for you! If your diet and cardio are good you might want to toss alittle winny in there to assist in the fat loss.

IML Gear Cream!
I’ve tried eq 2-3 times at 800mg and see it as a waste of space but some say they stand by it. Everyone is different and reacts different so I’m glad it works for you! If your diet and cardio are good you might want to toss alittle winny in there to assist in the fat loss.

That would be nice. I have the LLewellyn bible. I'll have to read up on it. Thank you.

Hey 99.don't usually cruise this section,but glad I did ..................Been side-lined as well Brother........Officially started back Jan. 1st...........Running Deca/Test/EQ.with some Dbol and Drol.....At first no strength.............but kept at it for weeks at low weight and high reps.............10 sets of bench at 10 reps....Then BAMB,,Strength is coming in nicely...and that EQ is got me eating every F***ing thing................at 194lbs now shooting for 220 by May.....gotta get ready for Cemo and Radiation................

Hey 99.don't usually cruise this section,but glad I did ..................Been side-lined as well Brother........Officially started back Jan. 1st...........Running Deca/Test/EQ.with some Dbol and Drol.....At first no strength.............but kept at it for weeks at low weight and high reps.............10 sets of bench at 10 reps....Then BAMB,,Strength is coming in nicely...and that EQ is got me eating every F***ing thing................at 194lbs now shooting for 220 by May.....gotta get ready for Cemo and Radiation................

Awesome! Glad to hear the progress. Yeah, as I get older and older the comebacks after a layoff get harder and harder. Good luck with your chemo. Putting in some hard work and getting built up in anticipation of that sounds like a great idea but I imagine it depends on what it is that your getting the treatment for. You should have plenty of time to pack it on. Keep hitting it hard, brother.

I'm off to the gym for my first leg day in 7 months. Going to keep it light with high reps.

Light-weight leg day today. Squats were only 135 X 4 sets of 12 after a bar-only warm up. Felt a little burn. I never go over 315 on squats anymore anyway even though I can usually lift much more. My knees are just too damn old for that shit and my glory days of repping out 455 are long gone. Deadlifts were the same - 135 X 4 sets. Hopefully, I won't be too sore tomorrow.

Congratulations on making a “comebacK” I’ll play the devils advocate here, based on my perception of your goals... you need to incorporate cardio sessions and major stretching every session day for much better end results not to mention much faster. Drop EQ, the reason you’re getting veins “popping” is your blood is thickening to a deadly degree, Increased RBC, HCT is nothing to play with especially being overweight and out of shape. A much better cycle would be mast/test/ anavar or any dht really. I haven’t read anything about a food plan, tbh, this looks like a poorly planned failure in the making.

F***ing EQ Haters................LOL...BUt a perfect plan does include all aspects not just gear............The Older the more diet plays a part...

F***ing EQ Haters................LOL...BUt a perfect plan does include all aspects not just gear............The Older the more diet plays a part...

OP would greatly benefit id he increased mobility and flexibility, especially considering his goals :)

It’s true.... I’m an EQ hater lol I had a pulmonary embolism in February 2018 and I would not wish that on anyone. (Unrelated to AAS use)

We already know AAS thickness your blood so why use one that requires increased volume to yield minimal benefits with treacherous side effects

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good points but now that I'm on EQ..I force myself to donate,,where usually I just justify not too....................Yeah,sounded better,than it looks......Shitty but my excuse..

Congratulations on making a “comebacK” I’ll play the devils advocate here, based on my perception of your goals... you need to incorporate cardio sessions and major stretching every session day for much better end results not to mention much faster. Drop EQ, the reason you’re getting veins “popping” is your blood is thickening to a deadly degree, Increased RBC, HCT is nothing to play with especially being overweight and out of shape. A much better cycle would be mast/test/ anavar or any dht really. I haven’t read anything about a food plan, tbh, this looks like a poorly planned failure in the making.

Thanks for the input. I do donate regularly to keep my RBC count down. As long as it stays below 17 my doc is good with it. Occasionally, I've seen it go to 17.3 but after a donation or two and it gets back in line. Diet is simple, all I eat is meat, veggies, fruit, and nuts. I've done this before after a layoff, keeping a clean diet along with regular exercise I've stripped off 60 pounds of fat in 6 months. I don't have that much to lose this time - prolly about 20 pounds of fat - which will be replaced in part with muscle so my overall weight should stay about the same while body fat percentage declines. As far as the stretching goes, I agree and I'm normally a really physically active person. Along with surfing and backpacking, I teach MMA/kickboxing twice a week and there's a lot of stretching in our warmups. I'll be getting back into those very soon. Just have to get some stamina back first. Laying around in bed and doing nothing for several months did more damage to my overall health than anything else I've ever experienced.

I used to backpack everywhere ...where have you been Brother..??

Get Shredded!
I used to backpack everywhere ...where have you been Brother..??

Never done a through hike (don't have that kind of time) but I take my daughter section hiking somewhere every year. The first time I took her through what is supposed to be the roughest part of the Appalachian Trail in the Smoky Mountains. She was nine and tiny and was carrying 80% of her body weight on her back. Trial by fire. She kicked ass and loved it so much that now we go somewhere every year. This past year, we did the Triple Crown in Virginia starting at the Audie Murphy monument (it was right after we got back that my health issues hit. If it had happened on the trail, I would be dead). Dragon's tooth, McAfee Knob, and Tinker Cliffs were amazing. Another year we did the Appalachian Trail through the White Mountains in New Hampshire. We're hoping to get to Grand Teton and the Grand Canyon in the next few years.

How about you? Where have you been backpacking? I see your location is listed as Blue Ridge. Blue Ridge Mountains? Beautiful country there.

Been all over the East and a little out West..........If she likes being out there all alone..Joyce Kilmar..............Shinning Rock..Out West ..Zion,Wolf Creek Pass,N.New Mexico..Mount Wheeler....................the Mesa's in New Mexico are cool as hell...But Zion was technical,got to have climing gear...Out West bigger animals to be careful of..Need to be straped..

Nothing remarkable to report this week. Added a bit more weight and stuck with the high reps. I'm definitely more sore than I was last Friday, but in a good way. Next week I'm going to add just a little more weight and stick with the high reps. I'll see how I feel next Friday but hopefully after that I can start packing on some real weight. Still sticking with the 400 test/400 eq.

This past week felt good. Increased weight and stayed with high reps. Definitely feeling the strength return - still far from where I was - but just felt healthier and stronger. Legs were sore as hell from all the squats and deadlifts, but the soreness is a welcome feeling I've not experienced for months. This week coming up I'm going to start going a bit heavier. I'll have to drop some reps but going to start heading towards what consider a normal routine.

I still haven't weighed myself but I've noticed my pants are starting to fit a bit better so must be losing some fat. Diet is still good and aside from the one english muffin with bacon and eggs this morning, I've not consumed any carbs for a few weeks now.

Tomorrow begins week 6 on the comeback trail. Had to miss a couple of days last week due to daughter's school stuff but other than that, I've been hitting it regularly. Incline bench is up to repping 185. Yeah, I know, that's nothing to brag about but considering where I started, I'm starting to feel healthy and strong again. Sure wish that my upper body came back as fast as my lower body does. Legs are coming on strong. Finally weighed myself last weekend and I only have about 16 pounds to lose to get down to my normal weight of 230. Diet is still clean although I did cheat and ate two maple sugar candies this weekend. Wife and daughter bought me protein bars for Valentines Day, which kept me from being tempted there. Clothes are fitting better every day and have had to move the belt up a notch this past week so the work is starting to pay off. At my age, the gear really helps and I can't even imagine how long this would take without it.

Back