• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Eating Big For a Little Guy

Bundy74

Board Rep
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
So as any of you who have ever read my bulk logs know, eating BIG is always a struggle for me. I just dont have the appetite to eat like a grazing cow all the time. I have seen so many mass diets and am blown away by people who can put down 10 eggs in one sitting or something even crazier. Im just curious if most of you BIG dudes have been big your whole life. I mean were you fellas already eating big and looking big even as a youngster?
The forced feedings will only work for so long before it takes a mental toll. So more than anything im just curious what your eating habits were like before the gear or if you were already pretty big to start out with?
Just curious. Nowadays when I see a big son of a gun, beit a pro on social media or a dude at the gym, I dont even think about the gear, or time in gym or any of that..just think to myself damn you have got to be sick of eating all the time.
https://youtu.be/QVBign_5JxM

It depends on body type too.
I gain fast but getting shreded is hard for me.
When im not on a diet, i am used to binge on the foods i like.
For example, i always order 1 extra large pizza for myself to solo. I enjoy eating a lot.
On a calorie restriction diet, im just dying all day to eat. I have one meal and keep thinking about the next one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It depends on body type too.
I gain fast but getting shreded is hard for me.
When im not on a diet, i am used to binge on the foods i like.
For example, i always order 1 extra large pizza for myself to solo. I enjoy eating a lot.
On a calorie restriction diet, im just dying all day to eat. I have one meal and keep thinking about the next one.

Funny thing is im cool with caloric restrictions. Hell I thrive in that restricted zone but constantly eating even if its not clean is way more of a struggle.

I force feed. Chew enough until I can swallow and use water to get it down.

its mostly mental for me.

i can put down a Large pizza no problem , but i have trouble with 9oz of steak , salad and 1 cup of rice.

I freaking love to eat so going on a bulking cycle is like a dream come true. I like to sit down and eat a whole rotisserie chicken then a couple hours later make a steak omelet with a whole carton of egg whites and a head of broccoli... and then do it again a couple hours after that. I feel like Augustus Gloop in the candy forest.

Calorie trimming absolutely sucks, eating measured portions of cold cuts and protein shakes. Ugh.

I look at it like this if your will isn’t there to force feed how is your will going to be when training gets hard? You can stretch your stomach sack slowly if done properly and don’t throw a shit ton of food at it at once.

So as any of you who have ever read my bulk logs know, eating BIG is always a struggle for me. I just dont have the appetite to eat like a grazing cow all the time. I have seen so many mass diets and am blown away by people who can put down 10 eggs in one sitting or something even crazier. Im just curious if most of you BIG dudes have been big your whole life. I mean were you fellas already eating big and looking big even as a youngster?
The forced feedings will only work for so long before it takes a mental toll. So more than anything im just curious what your eating habits were like before the gear or if you were already pretty big to start out with?
Just curious. Nowadays when I see a big son of a gun, beit a pro on social media or a dude at the gym, I dont even think about the gear, or time in gym or any of that..just think to myself damn you have got to be sick of eating all the time.
https://youtu.be/QVBign_5JxM
Yeah. I think the same thing. It's funny when you start lifting, you think it's all about the gym. Then step two is usually gear usage.

Then after time, you realize gear isn't everything. If you don't eat correctly to attain your goal at hand, the gear will only do so much.

Now to go eat more lol

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

eating 5-6 k cals a day every single day for say 2-3 months straight is just sickening.
most people have never really done it say they dont know what its like.

eating 5-6 k cals a day every single day for say 2-3 months straight is just sickening.

I done it for 6 months it really comes to to will power. You know you’ve done it force feeding when you think your going to puke on every bite but you still keep shoveling to grow.

IML Gear Cream!
I done it for 6 months it really comes to to will power. You know you’ve done it force feeding when you think your going to puke on every bite but you still keep shoveling to grow.

Fucking right.

I did that for about 6-8 months and it gets too be a job for real.

The things that helped me hold on were mainly variety. Not only is variety in protein sources important for Amino acid profiles and micro nutrients, it helps break the monotony.

Changing HOW you cook the protein. Bake chicken some weeks, grill it sincee others. Same for fish and such.

Carbs are easy to eat but, using different spices helps there too. Chicken/beef broth or curry powder in rice, Cinnamon on sweet potatoes and oats. Fresh spices like basil and sage thrown in the rice cooker.

I just had a conversation with Brutus about water intake around meals. Limiting water not only gives you more space for food, it won't lead to as much distension from sheer volume and, you won't be diluting digestive enzymes either.

Key here would be you have to enjoy the food you're eating or, man the fuck up and do what needs to be done, or both lol.

I just had a conversation with Brutus about water intake around meals. Limiting water not only gives you more space for food, it won't lead to as much distension from sheer volume and, you won't be diluting digestive enzymes either.

I never drink until I'm done eating. When I first joined the boards someone mentioned this (had a write up but the board is gone) and I've been doing it ever since.

Shit ive said it on a few occasions but I have so much respect for you guys who can pound it down day in day out over the long haul. I truly dont know if people have really felt that pain so really man much respect to you dudes.

Shit ive said it on a few occasions but I have so much respect for you guys who can pound it down day in day out over the long haul. I truly dont know if people have really felt that pain so really man much respect to you dudes.

Try eating half your meal then 30 mins later the other half or even in quarters if you have to.

I just got to the point where eating is starting to be a struggle; my gf thinks I'm the strangest human being for force feeding myself. I gotta agree with whoever wrote it earlier, the number of shits I'm taking a day is by far the worse part of it all.

its mostly mental for me.

i can put down a Large pizza no problem , but i have trouble with 9oz of steak , salad and 1 cup of rice.
Exactly! I think that might be my problem

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I gagged a little reading your post a little ways up. And then gagged a little more reading this one. Reminds me of the hot dog eating contests where they shove the food in and immediately guzzle down water to get it all down. Ughhh! Just gagged again!

And that's why I can only ever work out for fun. And we all will see you on the big stage.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Damn...I would lose my mind sitting on the toilet that much. Your ass has to be sore bro.

Not to turn this into a shit talking conversation but im usually around 9 a day and if I consume 32 ounces of milk or more forget it..thats easily 10-11 but on the flipside I usually get in a meal around 3am when I first start using the bathroom. Guess its just goes with territory.

Try eating half your meal then 30 mins later the other half or even in quarters if you have to.

Damn easy enough Tren..have to work on that for sure. Appreciate it. Im sure i will likely speed up my metabolism a little but I should be able to account for that with the extra overall calories.

Limiting water not only gives you more space for food, it won't lead to as much distension from sheer volume and, you won't be diluting digestive enzymes either.
Digestive enzimes are not diluted by water. Digestive enzimes work in the small intestine. Water has no effect in this part of digestion.

I just got to the point where eating is starting to be a struggle; my gf thinks I'm the strangest human being for force feeding myself. I gotta agree with whoever wrote it earlier, the number of shits I'm taking a day is by far the worse part of it all.

I just checked to see how much I'm getting and on training days I'm at 5k cals. I'm not even two weeks into my bulk, I'm sure it'll be decently higher by the end. So far I'm staying nice and lean, hoping to keep it that way.

I'm on meal two right now: half pound of lean turkey, two avocados, and half a bag of Beanfield's white bean chips. Oh and two cups of vegetable juice.

Pro Tip: Avocados are tasty, calorie rich, and full of good fat.

I just checked to see how much I'm getting and on training days I'm at 5k cals. I'm not even two weeks into my bulk, I'm sure it'll be decently higher by the end. So far I'm staying nice and lean, hoping to keep it that way.

Shoot you must not exactly be a lightweight my man..5k calories thats insane. Saying thats a ton of solid food to be shoveling down regularly.

Yea it gets old man. It truly does. I take a shit and then like two hours later its time to take another shit.

you should not be shitting 6 times a day.. you either have some kind of IBS or your food is not being properly absorbed. it takes about 6 hours for a healthy gut to digest a good solid food meal. you could have leaky gut or a candia yeast overgrowth

In 40 years of training, reading, studying bodybuilding / powerlifting, etc, I never bought into the over-eating thing.
(Just might be me, but I like a nice/normal/predictable diet).

Any extra calories, I just drank them. (Hi caloric protein drinks, etc).

I never went this crazy with it, but this is a famous example from McCallums old series in Strength & Health. (I just used my own recipe).
It can be done with Pea Protein and lactaid so no stomach issues, etc.)

https://physicalculturestudy.com/2016/04/11/john-mccallum-get-big-drink/

Back