• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Live from DC: Looking like a WAR ZONE

IML Gear Cream!
No offense or disrespect to you V. But 2021 is far from normal and we are far from just living our normal lives. Maybe some of the information being spread is outright lies, but some intel is spot on.

Pray for America and her leaders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2020 and 2021 are NOT normal. They want them to be the "new normal" but they are NOT normal.

No offense or disrespect to you V. But 2021 is far from normal and we are far from just living our normal lives. Maybe some of the information being spread is outright lies, but some intel is spot on.

Pray for America and her leaders

No disrespect taken brother, and my words probably came out wrong. Of course there’s nothing normal about this, I just meant there are still people walking, eating, drinking out at places, trying to live with some semblance of normalcy in spite of all the chaos

Vince, if you are really there than you are the last to know. not kidding I sat on some real low level intel briefs for instance all north korean army shaved their heads and people in town and everyone on base was trippin balls and thought they were prepping for war, turns out they had an outbreak of lice, the ROK marines were on alert and our own guys were starting to freak out that they were getting ready. these little bits of info were withheld for some reason. after a few months of walking around getting morning ops briefs I realised there was a world of info I wasnt getting they were just barely feeding us so we would continue our mission

I am really here, yes, and I absolutely understand what you mean, because I experienced the same breakdown of information and lack of dissemination when I was in a traditional unit. The world of SOF doesn’t suffer from that same issue nearly as bad as regular military units.

Look guys, stop reading too much into what you’re seeing on the news. I am in DC working as a part of the task force and I can tell you this is all purely just for safety and as a deterrent for anyone to come stir up shit during the Inauguration. Don’t act as an echo chamber to spread bullshit and misinformation. DC is not a damned war zone, people are going on living their lives like normal.
I saw you post before about being in Ferguson and now DC is this normal for guys like you to be state side working like this

I am really here, yes, and I absolutely understand what you mean, because I experienced the same breakdown of information and lack of dissemination when I was in a traditional unit. The world of SOF doesn’t suffer from that same issue nearly as bad as regular military units.

Can we get some pics?

Can we get some pics?

View from the conference room of my hotel at the Wharf District. Just a lone capitol police officer blocking one of the roads down here. As Heckler said though, I won’t post pics of anything operation-related.
ed0677984590271b0dd5d0ce3a4c72fb.jpg

I saw you post before about being in Ferguson and now DC is this normal for guys like you to be state side working like this

I think you may have me confused with someone else brother. I never worked in Ferguson. I was however with the units on ground in Louisville. My unit is a centered around domestic counter-terrorism, so most of what I do these days is stateside working with law enforcement on the federal side

Get Shredded!
Look guys, stop reading too much into what you’re seeing on the news. I am in DC working as a part of the task force and I can tell you this is all purely just for safety and as a deterrent for anyone to come stir up shit during the Inauguration. Don’t act as an echo chamber to spread bullshit and misinformation. DC is not a damned war zone, people are going on living their lives like normal.
Take a stroll over to the Capitol

I understand fully what it looks like. I am simply trying to be an advocate for the actual reason that these things are taking place, and not from a political point of view. After what happened on the 6th, they are taking excessive measures with security to make sure that doesn’t happen again.

I think what Vince is saying is that DC is not a war zone because he has actually been in one and knows the difference, what you are seeing is a show of force to keep potential threats away and mostly to make politicians feel safe. the talk is hyperbolic

I think what Vince is saying is that DC is not a war zone because he has actually been in one and knows the difference, what you are seeing is a show of force to keep potential threats away and mostly to make politicians feel safe. the talk is hyperbolic

Exactly. Thanks for that

View from the conference room of my hotel at the Wharf District. Just a lone capitol police officer blocking one of the roads down here. As Heckler said though, I won’t post pics of anything operation-related.

I’m not doubting anything you’re saying cause I’m not there and you are. But it seems like 25,000 troops along with all of the military vehicles, high powered weapons, fences, barricades, etc. seems a bit excessive, no?

This is some crazy shit. I mean no one is even going there. So is it going to be like this from now on?

As I said before, this is all just posturing and a show of force as a deterrent to the would-be “bad actors”, it is a tactic of prevention, rather than one of action. No, this will not become the new normal, things will go back to business as usual after the inauguration, assuming that the incoming Biden administration doesn’t enact something crazy. Obviously, regardless of which mission I am a part of, I am still just a soldier and I’m not a decision-maker. I just know what this is and what it isn’t. Anything beyond my role in this operation isn’t part of my field of view. Hopefully that makes sense.

I’m not doubting anything you’re saying cause I’m not there and you are. But it seems like 25,000 troops along with all of the military vehicles, high powered weapons, fences, barricades, etc. seems a bit excessive, no?

No I absolutely agree that it IS excessive, I just know the reason behind it all. When the intelligence community receives information that points to the possibility of adverse action taking place, they are forced to act. This is all just reaction to that information. Obviously I can’t speak on anything other than what I know, which isn’t everything. But I do know quite a bit about the military forces on the ground and what their role in all of this is. If anyone hasn’t already realized, the soldiers at checkpoints don’t even have magazines loaded in their weapons. The military leaders at the highest levels DONT want this event to turn into an actual “war zone” and are taking steps to prevent that from being a possibility. Like I said before, nothing I’m saying here has anything to do with the politics involved regardless of what side of the aisle anyone is on. I’m just here giving information that I can do as to maintain transparency so there’s no misunderstanding on this forum. Obviously the news and other individuals with present their own ideas and theories.

As I said before, this is all just posturing and a show of force as a deterrent to the would-be “bad actors”, it is a tactic of prevention, rather than one of action. No, this will not become the new normal, things will go back to business as usual after the inauguration, assuming that the incoming Biden administration doesn’t enact something crazy. Obviously, regardless of which mission I am a part of, I am still just a soldier and I’m not a decision-maker. I just know what this is and what it isn’t. Anything beyond my role in this operation isn’t part of my field of view. Hopefully that makes sense.

No I absolutely agree that it IS excessive, I just know the reason behind it all. When the intelligence community receives information that points to the possibility of adverse action taking place, they are forced to act. This is all just reaction to that information. Obviously I can’t speak on anything other than what I know, which isn’t everything. But I do know quite a bit about the military forces on the ground and what their role in all of this is. If anyone hasn’t already realized, the soldiers at checkpoints don’t even have magazines loaded in their weapons. The military leaders at the highest levels DONT want this event to turn into an actual “war zone” and are taking steps to prevent that from being a possibility. Like I said before, nothing I’m saying here has anything to do with the politics involved regardless of what side of the aisle anyone is on. I’m just here giving information that I can do as to maintain transparency so there’s no misunderstanding on this forum. Obviously the news and other individuals with present their own ideas and theories.

I got ya, just amazes me that we see all this but for months we had some real bad shit go down and no one wanted the guard, no one.
But now? Oh yeah stack em high lol. A show of force sure would have went a long way when they were burning shit down to the ground.

I got ya, just amazes me that we see all this but for months we had some real bad shit go down and no one wanted the guard, no one.
But now? Oh yeah stack em high lol. A show of force sure would have went a long way when they were burning shit down to the ground.

You and I are absolutely on the same page there, no question

IML Gear Cream!
Do you get that feeling from others with you or no?

Honestly, that all comes down to political view obviously. However, regardless of how anyone feels about the protests, the general consensus is that it is never acceptable to burn down a city or cause destruction to someone else’s property. That’s not the way to bring positive attention to a cause

It looks to me to be an intimidation attempt to discourage all protests peaceful or otherwise. It seems to go hand in hand with all the "reports" of potential violent protests at state capitals the fbi is looking into.

It makes perfect sense to me, they want to deter these morons from trying to pull some dumb shit like a couple weeks ago and breaking into the capital building. I’m a trump supporter but that was just a completely idiotic stunt and you can’t have that kind of shit happening from either side

Thanks bro for the info. I was just gonna ask everyone here why everytime I see videos or pictures of the National Guard I never see any magazines in their weapons. I would assume they are carrying them but who knows. I don’t I just know if shit popped off Americans or not I’d want ammo for my weapons. I’m sure their M4’s work much better as a rifle than a stick. Lol

Thanks bro for the info. I was just gonna ask everyone here why everytime I see videos or pictures of the National Guard I never see any magazines in their weapons. I would assume they are carrying them but who knows. I don’t I just know if shit popped off Americans or not I’d want ammo for my weapons. I’m sure their M4’s work much better as a rifle than a stick. Lol

So, as of this moment, I know they have not given changes to orders regarding going condition 1 (magazine loaded, round chambered), however I do not know whether they have given them ammo or not. I have seen this largely traveling around and also speaking with commanders that they have not been authorized to load mags into weapons. I think this largely has to do more with the risk of a civilian getting shot by a soldier, as happened over the summer while I was on the ground in Louisville. Justified or not, a Guardsman shooting a civilian is never going to go over well with the populace. I do however agree though, this is a poor decision. A soldier with an empty gun is more apt to be a target to someone that is there to commit crimes because they are a soft target, and now more and more people are realizing this due to the posts on social media showing the soldiers with unloaded weapons. All I know, is that if it were me standing around on guard at a TCP, I’d have my personal firearm concealed if my command were too scared to give me adequate protection.

So, as of this moment, I know they have not given changes to orders regarding going condition 1 (magazine loaded, round chambered), however I do not know whether they have given them ammo or not. I have seen this largely traveling around and also speaking with commanders that they have not been authorized to load mags into weapons. I think this largely has to do more with the risk of a civilian getting shot by a soldier, as happened over the summer while I was on the ground in Louisville. Justified or not, a Guardsman shooting a civilian is never going to go over well with the populace. I do however agree though, this is a poor decision. A soldier with an empty gun is more apt to be a target to someone that is there to commit crimes because they are a soft target, and now more and more people are realizing this due to the posts on social media showing the soldiers with unloaded weapons. All I know, is that if it were me standing around on guard at a TCP, I’d have my personal firearm concealed if my command were too scared to give me adequate protection.

Appreciate your insight.

As a civilian I feel like (and maybe I am wrong) that a Soldier is far more of a deterrent then a Police Officer. Cops are often seen as the bad guys even when they are good, but Soldiers are very much more highly admired and respected in the Community.

I think the uniform alone is a deterrent.

Even Politicians know if you go against the Military, the community is going to turn against you. The dems can shout "defund the police" all day and have some fools back them. I dare them to say Defund the Marines. LOL.

Was the election fair, in your opinion?

No disrespect taken brother, and my words probably came out wrong. Of course there’s nothing normal about this, I just meant there are still people walking, eating, drinking out at places, trying to live with some semblance of normalcy in spite of all the chaos

I understand where you’re coming from. I hope we will always have some sort of normalcy like tou mention no matter what happens

Either way, I’m proud to know ya and call you a bro Y

I respect military, all military, I have family who serve and others who already have paid the ultimate price. You always chime in with a voice of reason in the hot topics and I appreciate that

Stay safe Mano!

And arrest some criminals lol

Back