• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Sleep apnea

IML Gear Cream!
A local friend was talking about some sort of contraption that a dentist invented, not sure if you heard of that but it's like a device that you put in your nose, you just wrap it around your head.
I haven't seen it but I'm willing to try anything at this point because I'm sick of relying on prescription medication. :([/QUOTE]

vision,
this sounds like the same thing I’m currently using. https://www.cpap.com/productpage/fi...MIm6SJu7Pb8QIVwxd9Ch2KcQBPEAAYASAAEgK0YPD_BwE

it’s a good setup if it works for you, it forces you to breathe through your nose, if you open your mouth it makes you feel like you can’t breathe. I think my issue is my sinuses get plugged at night so I can’t get the air I need. Good luck

A local friend was talking about some sort of contraption that a dentist invented, not sure if you heard of that but it's like a device that you put in your nose, you just wrap it around your head.
I haven't seen it but I'm willing to try anything at this point because I'm sick of relying on prescription medication. :(

vision,
this sounds like the same thing I’m currently using. https://www.cpap.com/productpage/fi...MIm6SJu7Pb8QIVwxd9Ch2KcQBPEAAYASAAEgK0YPD_BwE

it’s a good setup if it works for you, it forces you to breathe through your nose, if you open your mouth it makes you feel like you can’t breathe. I think my issue is my sinuses get plugged at night so I can’t get the air I need. Good luck[/QUOTE]

This is 100% the issue that I have, at night time my sinuses start acting up.
I thought it was my air ducts, I had them cleaned out but that didn't help anything, my house is immaculate so I know it's not dust.
It's been this way my entire adult life.
The machine was literally maxing out on me forcing volumes of air down my throat. I would wake up with a bloated stomach and I would be belching.
From all the information that I have gathered and the research I've read is that we should not be maxing out on these machines. When I had the machine in sync with the sleep clinic they were monitoring my rhythms. They would literally tell me I was at full capacity almost 99% of the time.
I don't know what options there are for me at this point.
My training and my diet has been completely tailored and altered, now that I have scaled things back a bit I don't have as many episodes with sleep apnea, but I did have a bad one the other night waking up gasping, and my wife thought I was vomiting in the bed.
:(

I cut out the tren and the acute obstructive sleep apnea went away. :)

This right here as well, this was the main culprit for years. On top of the acid reflux at night.

Been using CPAP for 3 years, helps a lot. Also, my trt doc says keeping sleep apnea under control helps lower hemocrit from my trt treatments

I have used an auto titrating cpap machine for 4 years now. When I got my sleep test they said I had severe Sleep Apnea. My blood oxygen levels were dipping down into the high 60's percentage. Your body needs like 92 percent. Sleep apnea would have eventually caused my death. I was starving my muscles, my body organs, and my brain of oxygen. The first few nights wearing my mask ( one that covers my nose and mouth), I felt a fear I might suffocate. I got more used to it each day. I tried the nose only masks, but then you have to wear a chin strap. That sucked. I still use the full coverage Fisher & Patel. I can sleep on my side with it, no problem. I wish there was another way that works rather than a cpap machine, but I am used to it, and will not sleep without it. Auto Pap is the only way to go for me. It auto adjusts the pressure up and down with every breath

I have used an auto titrating cpap machine for 4 years now. When I got my sleep test they said I had severe Sleep Apnea. My blood oxygen levels were dipping down into the high 60's percentage. Your body needs like 92 percent. Sleep apnea would have eventually caused my death. I was starving my muscles, my body organs, and my brain of oxygen. The first few nights wearing my mask ( one that covers my nose and mouth), I felt a fear I might suffocate. I got more used to it each day. I tried the nose only masks, but then you have to wear a chin strap. That sucked. I still use the full coverage Fisher & Patel. I can sleep on my side with it, no problem. I wish there was another way that works rather than a cpap machine, but I am used to it, and will not sleep without it. Auto Pap is the only way to go for me. It auto adjusts the pressure up and down with every breath

This right here was the story of my life for a while and still kind of is, sleep has been the biggest issue for me.
Of all battles in life, of all the demons and all of the rough edges that I have about me sleep is the biggest issue.. unfortunately I have to rely on prescription medication to knock me out.
I have been on just about every sleep drug there is, or every off label sleep medication. Right now I got a pretty good cocktail going on that's working. But I know the sleep apnea is still the underlining issue and it takes away from the quality of life.
For a little bit there the machine was helping me and I had a glimmer of hope and I seen the benefits and I felt it and it was great.
But I just wish the machine was an option for me, unfortunately it's not.. that's the frustrating part because I don't know what to do next.

Back