• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Rubber in the oil

Mski0311

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
So towards the end of my vials some times I get a little bit of rubber pieces in there. I've been just setting those vials to the side and grabbing a new one.. anyways what's a good way to filter your oil to get out little pieces of rubber.

Maybe use a smaller gauge needle to draw with so you don't run into that problem? You can get syringe filters on amazon though. Watch what kind they are though...a lot of non sterile ones out there.

Maybe use a smaller gauge needle to draw with so you don't run into that problem? You can get syringe filters on amazon though. Watch what kind they are though...a lot of non sterile ones out there.

Sounds good man and yeah I had a buddy recommend drawing with a smaller needle. I have been using 18g which I will probably go with a 23g now. Thanks man!!

I was using bigger gauge at first but felt it made too big a hole and now use 26 gauge which works great.

Rock On

26g huh? That draws fine?

Yeah I’m using slim pins with 26 gauge and it draws fine for me. Then I just backload the slim pins with non detachable 31 gauge needles.

Rock On

Yeah I’m using slim pins with 26 gauge and it draws fine for me. Then I just backload the slim pins with non detachable 31 gauge needles.

Rock On

Nice! Now I just have to filter my oil then use 26 g to draw so i dont have this issue again. Still not 100% sure on how to properly filter

Nice! Now I just have to filter my oil then use 26 g to draw so i dont have this issue again. Still not 100% sure on how to properly filter

If it was me I would just throw them away. My time ain’t worth it for the cost of a new bottle or bottles.

Rock On

If it was me I would just throw them away. My time ain’t worth it for the cost of a new bottle or bottles.

Rock On

I feel you. I just hate wasting anything if its salvageable. Plus I probably have a good half vial worth with the vials I have set aside.

23 still might take a while to draw. I don't have issues using 20g to draw.
Sounds good man and yeah I had a buddy recommend drawing with a smaller needle. I have been using 18g which I will probably go with a 23g now. Thanks man!!

The rubber in it is the Stopper but I'm sure you know this already.
I use to use the same Stopper til I found this issue out. I switched to silicon Stoppers for all my brews now. Alot better of course.

I feel you. I just hate wasting anything if its salvageable. Plus I probably have a good half vial worth with the vials I have set aside.

Yeah I’m just lazy and even if it saves me $50 I ain’t doing the extra work .

I know chase irons has made videos on YouTube on how to joke brew which will be the kinds of filters you will probably need to remove the rubber from the oils.

Rock On

The rubber in it is the Stopper but I'm sure you know this already.
I use to use the same Stopper til I found this issue out. I switched to silicon Stoppers for all my brews now. Alot better of course.
Did you purchase them separately and switch them out when you cracked a new vial open?

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I’m just lazy and even if it saves me $50 I ain’t doing the extra work .

I know chase irons has made videos on YouTube on how to joke brew which will be the kinds of filters you will probably need to remove the rubber from the oils.

Rock On
Hahaha I feel you man. I'll check out the youtube videos and see what I can find.

I experienced this recently. I drew out the oil into the syringe. I tried to make sure the rubber bits were at the bottom when pushing in the plunger. I just payed close attention the rubber bits weren't being sucked into the needles when the oil was entering. They usually just get suck in the syringe barrel.

This will solve your problem. I only draw with 23g because of this. Its a little slower but better than getting stopper shavings all the time

I never have issues drawing with a 25, but now I’m thinking I want use something larger.

I experienced this recently. I drew out the oil into the syringe. I tried to make sure the rubber bits were at the bottom when pushing in the plunger. I just payed close attention the rubber bits weren't being sucked into the needles when the oil was entering. They usually just get suck in the syringe barrel.
I played that game trying to not suck them up, but it got old quick and I just cracked a new vial open lol.

Did you purchase them separately and switch them out when you cracked a new vial open?

- - - Updated - - -

Hahaha I feel you man. I'll check out the youtube videos and see what I can find.

I've opened brand new vials and switched Stoppers before. It's easy peasy... Biggest thing to remember is to sterilize the Stoppers before using them.

Yes I purchased the silicon Stoppers from a seller on ebay. Bought from them several times. I buy 1000 at a time.

Get Shredded!
I've opened brand new vials and switched Stoppers before. It's easy peasy... Biggest thing to remember is to sterilize the Stoppers before using them.

Yes I purchased the silicon Stoppers from a seller on ebay. Bought from them several times. I buy 1000 at a time.
Ooooo that's interesting!! I think I may do that as well. When you sterilize the new stoppers do you just wipe them down with an alcohol pad or do you just dip them in rubbing alcohol to ensure you get all of it?

Ooooo that's interesting!! I think I may do that as well. When you sterilize the new stoppers do you just wipe them down with an alcohol pad or do you just dip them in rubbing alcohol to ensure you get all of it?

You need to hot water bathe them, run under hot water in a spaghetti strainer, shake water off, then use a spray bottle with 91% isopropyl alcohol. Spray heavy while shaking the strainer.
Pre heat oven at 350, once temp is reached you bake Stoppers for 30 mins. Once timer goes off turn heat off open the door to the first setting. Let it cool down for 30 kind. Once done you can use with on the bottles. If yiu don't use them all then store them in a zip lock bag

So towards the end of my vials some times I get a little bit of rubber pieces in there. I've been just setting those vials to the side and grabbing a new one.. anyways what's a good way to filter your oil to get out little pieces of rubber.

Sort of inevitable over time. To avoid injecting it into my butt or shoulder or whatever I do this. Draw with a larger gauge and then switch out for a smaller gauge. The large rubber pieces wont go into the smaller gauge needle.

Sort of inevitable over time. To avoid injecting it into my butt or shoulder or whatever I do this. Draw with a larger gauge and then switch out for a smaller gauge. The large rubber pieces wont go into the smaller gauge needle.

Gotcha man. Makes sense. Thank you.

You need to hot water bathe them, run under hot water in a spaghetti strainer, shake water off, then use a spray bottle with 91% isopropyl alcohol. Spray heavy while shaking the strainer.
Pre heat oven at 350, once temp is reached you bake Stoppers for 30 mins. Once timer goes off turn heat off open the door to the first setting. Let it cool down for 30 kind. Once done you can use with on the bottles. If yiu don't use them all then store them in a zip lock bag
Awesome man I like this idea. Thanks

That's a quicker way for sure, as long as usps can get your shipment to you lol.

Yeah last time I ordered them from MedLabGear was around the COVID delays and election time which was probably worst shipping times and it got to me about in about 10-12 days.

Last edited:
Yeah last time I ordered them from MedLabGear was around the COVID delays and election time which was probably worst shipping times and it got to me about in about 10-12 days.
I've had shit take a month give or take. Currently waiting on some caber and I ordered it on the 6th and usps has not updated the tracking one time. And I'm not ordering from over seas

Back