• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

question about investing

heavyiron

Community Veteran
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
So its obvious the economy is imploding. What are you guys doing with your money?

I'm guessing the dollar will be significantly worth less in the coming months.

I can see the logic in land, crypto and metals but curious what you guys think.

Metals are already skyrocketing going to be interesting to see what the future holds

I have some crypto and metals ETFs so it's just a matter of moving money in and out of those alternate investments

Small crypto savings Im investing in regularly

My family has told me for years to just grab basic silver and gold and I think I am going to actually start putting a little cash aside each month for it at this point

Ive also collected things for years as an investment as dumb as this may sound to many. Rare comics, baseball, football, basketball cards, collectibles...things of that nature that will hold value or be worth alot more over time.

I actually have some old school Michael Jordans' that are worth quite a bit as is.

I will hand them down to my kids eventually. No plans to sell unless something insanely urgent happens.

Guns,ammo,silver,vehicles,gun parts, car parts is what has kept my nestegg going for almost 10yrs now. I've literally lived off my $20k all this time by just flipping stuff, keeping things I feel are worth value in the future, and making sure I have my bills paid with my profit..
Crypto is the next thing for me to start playing with more tho and hopefully real estate soon.

Guns,ammo,silver,vehicles,gun parts, car parts is what has kept my nestegg going for almost 10yrs now. I've literally lived off my $20k all this time by just flipping stuff, keeping things I feel are worth value in the future, and making sure I have my bills paid with my profit..
Crypto is the next thing for me to start playing with more tho and hopefully real estate soon.
Crazy to still see reloading supplies are out of stock. Buying primers or powder is tough right now.

Crazy to still see reloading supplies are out of stock. Buying primers or powder is tough right now.
I'm getting everything together to start reloading. Powder is is not too hard to find but the primers are hard to get at a fair price. Some severe price gouging going on.
7d1b45b7b1eeac26bd13d8d19c41c5a8.jpg

So its obvious the economy is imploding. What are you guys doing with your money?

Ag land
Single family homes

Several cryptos (started buying crypto just for fun but it turned into a serious investment)

I did not choose the physical precious metals out of convenience although I wished I had instead of the ETF route I did choose

IML Gear Cream!
I’m almost certain crypto will collapse at some point so if you got big bank I’d try to cash out and buy platinum, titanium, gold, silver and iron.

And if you can hit the shales for gas and strike oil …. It’s gonna get mad max before we die.

The level of Government intervention is making it harder to read the signals.

But in short. I’m not changing anything.

The system is too big and effective to”implode”. It may falter at times, but everyone involved wants it (the broader market) to succeed and so eventually it will. Patience through the troughs is the real money maker though.

Look at the earnings reports for this last quarter. Publicly traded stocks are at record highs because of record profits.

Oil is going to go higher for sure but how high is the question. As far as all commodites each has a different story so I would not lump them all together. For example lumber commodity went up six times it's value because of covid shutdown only to find out everyone went to Home Depot to do thier home improvements and bought out what inventory there was.

Oil is being effected by politics. As to gold it is a bet against inflation.

Copper is a industrial commodity for a booming economy.

Etc. Etc. Etc.

I believe in crypto, just not this crypto. It's speculation, not a currency. Maybe someday, just not today.

The level of Government intervention is making it harder to read the signals.

But in short. I’m not changing anything.

The system is too big and effective to”implode”. It may falter at times, but everyone involved wants it (the broader market) to succeed and so eventually it will. Patience through the troughs is the real money maker though.

Agreed!

Cobalt and lithium would be good too with china/russia bout to take Afghanistans resources I figure. They wanna control clean energy by controlling the raw materials why not just have someoneelses land instead to tear for natural resources. Guns and ammo fellas stock up when it's cheap gonna needm I feel it coming

I'm buying 22lr ammo/500rd box -25$ stocking it unfortunately when it dries up again sold it at $100+ last time..
I've got maybe 5k rds of 223. Linked up and mags full for personal but none to resell.. 223.,9mm,38spl,357,all the common stuff I need to resell ive just have oddities of calibers now which still sell at a premium.
I'm trying to get my $ together for when this economy tanks and buy land if you can afford it prepare guys. I love seeing ppl successful in life not failing so go win and gamble a little!

Look at the earnings reports for this last quarter. Publicly traded stocks are at record highs because of record profits.

Oil is going to go higher for sure but how high is the question. As far as all commodites each has a different story so I would not lump them all together. For example lumber commodity went up six times it's value because of covid shutdown only to find out everyone went to Home Depot to do thier home improvements and bought out what inventory there was.

Oil is being effected by politics. As to gold it is a bet against inflation.

Copper is a industrial commodity for a booming economy.

Etc. Etc. Etc.

I believe in crypto, just not this crypto. It's speculation, not a currency. Maybe someday, just not today.
Yup I'm heavily in the market and the day oil went to 0 dollars per barrel I bought in.

Looks like Russia is decoupling from the dollar and it looks like they are doing a deal with Saudi Arabia so the petrol dollar is in potential jeopardy.

I honestly think the elites are destroying the dollar on purpose to move us to an electronic currency. China is making huge moves and the Middle East is becoming post American.

I don't think we can go much longer without hyperinflation and many Countries will get hammered. Printing trillions and giving it away should be your first sign.

I agree that the US is making horrible decisions on a federal and state level that could cause inflation and if we continue to do this we could be in a bad place.

Having said that, this years predicted inflation is 3.5-5.5%.

Not great but not bad. Hyperinflation is generally considered 50% or greater. I don't think we are going there, at least not yet.

Hyperinflation for example is what you see in Venezuela and Iran where they saw as much as 1,400% annual inflation.

I’m almost certain crypto will collapse at some point so if you got big bank I’d try to cash out and buy platinum, titanium, gold, silver and iron.

And if you can hit the shales for gas and strike oil …. It’s gonna get mad max before we die.
I do not think that the crypto will collapse, but you definitely need to check the news to be up to date.

Get Shredded!
I’m going for farm land and cattle, pork, and chicken. When the shit hits the fan, food and water will be what we need. Gold will be a worthless rock. I’m also trading oil on paper for now. It works until it doesn’t. I’m stocking up on ammo and guns also. I need to learn how to reload rounds soon. Also stocking up on test and tren. Woop Woop

Crypto is fascinating but I have no idea what makes it tick. I would really like to know who is behind Crypto. (Maybe not too)

Negative beta stocks. Think the markets going down?
Invest in inverse stocks.
Not financial advice.
I have puts on spy. Puts on hyg
Calls on spxs spxu vix
When the big banks struggle. They will gut the crypto holdings first. Consider that. Will bounce back. But I expect serious dips in that region.

Crypto just took a dump. Could be a good buying opportunity.

Negative beta stocks. Think the markets going down?
Invest in inverse stocks.
Not financial advice.
I have puts on spy. Puts on hyg
Calls on spxs spxu vix
When the big banks struggle. They will gut the crypto holdings first. Consider that. Will bounce back. But I expect serious dips in that region.
Yikes. RDT_20210907_1211485829599382461615511.jpg

El Salvador bought total of 550 BTC, first wave of 200 and another 350 in dip.

Crypto is fascinating but I have no idea what makes it tick. I would really like to know who is behind Crypto. (Maybe not too)
I have the same questions. There are definitely algorithms that are buying and selling crypto round the clock and it is a million times more manipulated than the stock market. Who are controlling the algorithms? When you buy from an exchange where the hell do they get it from? Who or what is determining the price?

I'm close to retirement so I'm keeping money in stocks, but increasing my allocations in high yield bonds and foreign stocks.

Those who pay attention know I'm holding out for a huge increase in O&G...it is coming. Just saw this today and it is a BIG deal. China is already dipping into their reserves and we're not even seeing anything close to record highs yet. But they are coming.

JUST IN - China orders the release of the national crude oil reserve to stabilize the domestic market for the first time in history.

Attachments

• photo_2021-09-09_08-12-33.jpg
    photo_2021-09-09_08-12-33.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 22
Back