• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Torn patellar tendon

MonsterMaker

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Who’s delt with this before? I know one guy here was telling me he had the same thing and it got better after a while with out any kind of treatment or surgery… just looking for advice on what to and not to do on leg day. It severely hinders my leg days and I find My knee is always really sore the day after leg day. I can’t squat more than 185 right now because of the pain. Leg extensions are a complete joke. There was this 70 year old man on the machine before me and I hoped on and kept the weight the same and I could barely do it… fucking embarrassing let me tell you….

I have had that happen to me 20 years ago and was too proud to get surgery....my left one is hanging by a thread now so I wear knee sleeves to keep it in place.

I have had that happen to me 20 years ago and was too proud to get surgery....my left one is hanging by a thread now so I wear knee sleeves to keep it in place.

Man that sucks. So yours just kept getting worse huh? I think mines more minor. Didn’t see the actual mri myself but I might ask for a copy to take it from there. I think if it’s not “too” bad it can heal with out surgery, right?

It took me years to be able to do legs all out, just be patient for now and do some stability and single leg exercises, all that boring stuff 😉

When you have a tear, it's structural damage. Not like microtearing a muscle experiences after a workout.

Depending on how much structural damage, the knee may never be the way you want it and could require surgery to "fix" it completely.

You are taking a chance...

Have you consulted an ortho and gotten an MRI to know what you are up against?

When you have a tear, it's structural damage. Not like microtearing a muscle experiences after a workout.

Depending on how much structural damage, the knee may never be the way you want it and could require surgery to "fix" it completely.

You are taking a chance...

Have you consulted an ortho and gotten an MRI to know what you are up against?

Well I got an mri a few months ago which is how my primary diagnosed it, haven’t talked to the orthopedic yet about as we keep paying phone tag and my new insurance sucks so I don’t really want to make an appointment just for him to tell me I need PT…

I’ll see if I can get a copy of it today or next week and I’ll post it. Maybe there’s even a doctor in here? Maybe once my financial situation gets better I’ll make an appointment. If I do indeed need surgery then I guess I’m just going to have to tap into our savings….

Man that sucks. So yours just kept getting worse huh? I think mines more minor. Didn’t see the actual mri myself but I might ask for a copy to take it from there. I think if it’s not “too” bad it can heal with out surgery, right?
It's a partial and nearly all the way thru the tendon and it kind of "healed" some but with some bony growths on it is what's helping keep my kneecap attached, but it gets unstable at times. If it gets any worse or fails I will get surgery to repair it.

People still do legs?

🤔

I ruptured my left quad tendon on 6/2/02...I had surgery 3 days later...3 weeks later I had a temperature of 104 and was hallucinating...I went to my doctor and watched him drain 50 ml of yellow puss from the knee...I went back into the hospital with a blood infection...my organs had started to shut down...2 days later I had the surgery redone...I stayed in the hospital for 5 more days and left with a pic line in my left bicep that was connected to a fanny pack with a pump and a 24 hour bag of antibiotics...the drug guy would stop over every couple of days with new bags of antibiotics...nurses came over 2-3 days a week to draw blood to check if I was getting better...this went on for 6 weeks...the one thing I will never forget was when the doctor was draining my knee the word possible amputation was said...that was a real eye opener...the funny thing was it ruptured while kicking a soccer ball with my daughter...I went to plant my left foot and it slipped in the wet grass...I did a kind of one legged sissy squat all the way to the ground...when it ruptured it sounded like a gun shot...ruptures are nothing to mess with....

I ruptured my left quad tendon on 6/2/02...I had surgery 3 days later...3 weeks later I had a temperature of 104 and was hallucinating...I went to my doctor and watched him drain 50 ml of yellow puss from the knee...I went back into the hospital with a blood infection...my organs had started to shut down...2 days later I had the surgery redone...I stayed in the hospital for 5 more days and left with a pic line in my left bicep that was connected to a fanny pack with a pump and a 24 hour bag of antibiotics...the drug guy would stop over every couple of days with new bags of antibiotics...nurses came over 2-3 days a week to draw blood to check if I was getting better...this went on for 6 weeks...the one thing I will never forget was when the doctor was draining my knee the word possible amputation was said...that was a real eye opener...the funny thing was it ruptured while kicking a soccer ball with my daughter...I went to plant my left foot and it slipped in the wet grass...I did a kind of one legged sissy squat all the way to the ground...when it ruptured it sounded like a gun shot...ruptures are nothing to mess with....

Wholly Christ man, glad you made it out of that with both your legs… couldn’t imagine hearing those words either, bet you’re head was spinning , to say the least. Crazy how the simplest of things can put you on your ass sometimes, and even make you pay for the rest of your life… my tear happened from running. I will never run long distances again. Even if I could I wouldn’t. I’ll stick to low impact cardio .

IML Gear Cream!
The odd thing was exactly 5 years 6/2/07 from my quad tendon rupture I was in a car wreck...I was hit head on by a dodge 2500 ram...my left tricep tendon ruptured...the woman driving the truck was talking on her cell, dropped it, bent over to get it from the floor, went left of center and hit me head on while going 50 mph...I was going 35 mph...I had to climb out the passenger side window...I then helped her out of her truck and realized my tricep was demolished too...this time the surgery went smooth but I did not train for 9 months...that morning I benched 365x3...I never was able to get past 275x3 after...I was 47 and I felt like the unluckiest man alive...

I guess it depends how bad the rupture is. Tendons take a long time to heal. You really can't/shouldn't do serious training with a tendon injury. I blew out both knees as a kid (separate incidents) and it was 6wks in a cast.

PT and peptides will speed up the process. I was back to 95% or better in 60-70% of the time I should've been from a complete distal bicep rupture a few years ago. I can't stand not training and pushed it fairly hard to get back though. The healing process was so fast that the scar tissue caused me to lose a little ROM for a good while but it's mostly back now. It can be done in a few months, in my experience.

You could also push it too far and reinjure or completely rupture it if you're not careful, though. I'm not a doctor and don't know your injury as well as i knew mine either. So take this post for what it's worth. Just giving my training junkie experience.

If you're going to be training for 20+ more years I'd get it repaired just for peace of mind. Don't want to have the fear of re injury in the back of your head

Back