• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Gym Franchise

GUNRACK

PIT POSSE SOD
Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Anyone here own a gym? Im in talks right now for buying the local gym franchise

Please tell me it's not Pussy Fart gym!!!
We need everyone we can to run that purple hemroid out of business!
lol not a planet fitness. Its a SNAP Fitness, they’re a midwest chain

are going to buy it and rebrand? a lot of deals on equipment out there. UFC gyms are the most pimped out gyms I seen

IML Gear Cream!
If you shut that gym down than those folks will be in your gym...:coffee:
I seriously doubt it....
If these baby powder people come to my gym one of two things are going to happen,

1. They're going to run home to Mama with their butt hurt feelings...
Or
2. They're going to learn to grow some thicker skin.

Are you going to have business partners?

While you split the risk in the beginning, you will be splitting the pie and profits later on...if you can go it alone, I would suggest it.

Take a good look at the books.

Usually you evaluate a business based on the earnings averaged last three years. Maybe three times the net profits. Not on the potential of the business.

Unless it's just a purchase sale of the equipment.

Are you going to have business partners?

While you split the risk in the beginning, you will be splitting the pie and profits later on...if you can go it alone, I would suggest it.

Take a good look at the books.

Usually you evaluate a business based on the earnings averaged last three years. Maybe three times the net profits. Not on the potential of the business.

Unless it's just a purchase sale of the equipment.
It would just be me. Wouldn’t be my first business. I own a restaurant and another bar/music venue

It would just be me. Wouldn’t be my first business. I own a restaurant and another bar/music venue

This is what I thought I read buy you before so you know your way around a bussiness, that being said I would weigh the profit versus the headache factor, just imagine 60% of the knuckleheads on this forum being your clientele...:coffee:

Last edited:
Gotta have a few and it is 24-7, plus ; they have some crazy royalty and make you order everything through them, all approvals needed. They can get up in your money and force you to pay for advertising, all kinds of pitfalls. Watched some very successful people open a Regular neighborhood gym, to a Golds, and they all folded. Also, the couples got divorced! Just having towel laundry service for one gym(which he cancelled) was 10k a month! Sick! My pop said , A private firm bought 24hr fitness in 2005, then later sold it for 1.85billion!
I know quite a few gym owner and they ended up being successful after having a few gyms close up, but they became promoters and have all kinds of cash coming in from some aspect of their prior or current ownership of a gym(which was a franchise BTW). You know em for sure! Lol

Max

Gotta have a few and it is 24-7, plus ; they have some crazy royalty and make you order everything through them, all approvals needed. They can get up in your money and force you to pay for advertising, all kinds of pitfalls. Watched some very successful people open a Regular neighborhood gym, to a Golds, and they all folded. Also, the couples got divorced! Just having towel laundry service for one gym(which he cancelled) was 10k a month! Sick! My pop said , A private firm bought 24hr fitness in 2005, then later sold it for 1.85billion!
I know quite a few gym owner and they ended up being successful after having a few gyms close up, but they became promoters and have all kinds of cash coming in from some aspect of their prior or current ownership of a gym(which was a franchise BTW). You know em for sure! Lol

Max

This would be my biggest concern about a franchise. After sale costs.

This would be my biggest concern about a franchise. After sale costs.

It is truly a nightmare! I deal with these people and some got in when certain gyms were just distributorships, then after a while they became a franchise and forced all kinds of stuff and it put their great business ; OUT of Business! They court you and pump you up, but they give you no support! They take and take! Just have watched fam and friends and still do! I’d love to have a custom gym that fit the neighborhood class/population, it is a great business, just have seen too many complete bankruptcy/lost everything type situations. You definitely have to be A Real owner and live, breath it for the life, hard work but not getting rich!

Max
There is money in design and sales! You gotta be the guy who starts a gym (knowing your gonna make “IT” a franchise to market. That the $$

Gym franchises are very volatile.

Like Max said, it's not as easy as I wanna put this in here and that and so on.

Also, the overhead can be very deceiving.

If i were to get involved in a gym, it would have to be private and even then, getting a strong member base would be a challenge.

The big box gyms keep members with cardio equipment, classes and lastly weights. If you cater to a bodybuilding clientele I would start very small.

Gym franchises are very volatile.

Like Max said, it's not as easy as I wanna put this in here and that and so on.

Also, the overhead can be very deceiving.

If i were to get involved in a gym, it would have to be private and even then, getting a strong member base would be a challenge.

The big box gyms keep members with cardio equipment, classes and lastly weights. If you cater to a bodybuilding clientele I would start very small.

Yeah...

Years ago this guy opened a gym geared towards bodybuilding.

Best gym I ever went to. Great selection of equipment.

Last two years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get Shredded!
It would been nicer if it was maybe a local gym with a couple locations and not a franchise. Franchises will dick you over no doubt, and some franchises may even have some onerous transfer requirements that might add to the cost.

Buying franchises is a very good idea. You can have no fear of a new café, restaurant, or other activity of this kind collapsing. But you always need investment, and this applies to absolutely any business. Sometimes transfers from one currency to another are required. And that's why you always need to know clear cash flow forecasts, that's the only reason why I want to advise you an excellent website, which has the most accurate rates of leading currencies, such as the euro and the dollar. If you are interested - follow the link attached below: https://www.calxa.com/cash-flow-forecasting/

Last edited:
Hey, how did you make out with this my man?
Im the new owner! I thought about for a long time. The old owner let me shadow her for a couple weeks to see if I truly wanted it. It was a no brainer. 6000 sqft with 450 members

Im the new owner! I thought about for a long time. The old owner let me shadow her for a couple weeks to see if I truly wanted it. It was a no brainer. 6000 sqft with 450 members

Congrats bro...

What kind of profits you looking at? And are you going to add anything to drive more revenue?

Congratulations!! If you need a consultation, let me know.

Max
So awesome ! It is a great biz, hard biz but I love the whole atmosphere and the people.

I got a unique idea to get new members.

Something I did years ago.

If you’re interested pm me. And I will fill you in.

Congrats on becoming owner of a gym and hopefully it all goes well for you man. I am sure you could get a lot of referrals from people here who might know your area.

Lol watch all your members run away now once they know who's owner (lol jk).

Back