• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Anyone here undergone surgical Uvula removal?

Tall Deck

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
My ear nose and throat doc has suggested that I allow him to remove my Uvula. He says that it is a contributing factor to my snoring, which effects my sleep quality. Anyone here have this done? If so, were there any complications? Any permanent bad effects?

I had it done about ten years ago. No complications to date. If i guzzle fluid and lean forward it will come out my nose thats the only side effect I can think of. Reality is it didn't fix my snoring or sleep apnea. Made the snoring not quite as loud but didn't get rid of it.

Plan on a week of recovery from the surgery pretty nasty for the first few days. I had my tonsils yanked at the same time. Definitely helped my breathing since I had a small constricted airway.

I had it done about ten years ago. No complications to date. If i guzzle fluid and lean forward it will come out my nose thats the only side effect I can think of. Reality is it didn't fix my snoring or sleep apnea. Made the snoring not quite as loud but didn't get rid of it.

Plan on a week of recovery from the surgery pretty nasty for the first few days. I had my tonsils yanked at the same time. Definitely helped my breathing since I had a small constricted airway.
Thanks very much for chiming in for me on this topic. I haven't been able to find anyone who has had this surgery performed that I can talk to. So you say that it didn't get rid of your snoring, but it did help you breath better. So has your sleep improved at all as a result of the surgery? Overall would you recommend this surgery to a friend who has breathing difficulties during sleep?

I had trouble breathing all the time due to the constricted airway so I definitely noticed a big improvement due to the surgery. There's no guarantee with this surgery but being there isn't really any detrimental side effects I would say you got nothing to lose by getting it done it could only help your breathing difficulties. Just be prepared for about a week of being uncomfortable and a few days of no food then you can ease into some soft foods. I'm not really all that tuff and it wasn't that bad. Not eating for a couple days is the worst of it. Any other questions let me know man.

I couldn't really say if it helped my quality of sleep but since I started using the cpap I definitely get better sleep and feel much more rested. Not so sure I felt that way after the surgery but there was some improvement as the snoring lessened as well

I had trouble breathing all the time due to the constricted airway so I definitely noticed a big improvement due to the surgery. There's no guarantee with this surgery but being there isn't really any detrimental side effects I would say you got nothing to lose by getting it done it could only help your breathing difficulties. Just be prepared for about a week of being uncomfortable and a few days of no food then you can ease into some soft foods. I'm not really all that tuff and it wasn't that bad. Not eating for a couple days is the worst of it. Any other questions let me know man.

I couldn't really say if it helped my quality of sleep but since I started using the cpap I definitely get better sleep and feel much more rested. Not so sure I felt that way after the surgery but there was some improvement as the snoring lessened as well
Thank you

I had mine reduced along with my tonsils removed. So I don’t know what that surgery is like solo.

If it doesn’t stop your sleep apnea invest in a CPAP. Sleep apnea destroys your heart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had mine reduced along with my tonsils removed. So I don’t know what that surgery is like solo.

If it doesn’t stop your sleep apnea invest in a CPAP. Sleep apnea destroys your heart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just got a CPAP, but so far, I have not been able to sleep with that mask attached to my face. BTW, so they only removed part of your uvula? Why wouldn't they just have gone ahead and remove all of it????

Back