• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Buried or Cremated

AR-15

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
So the wife and I have been having this discussion on and off for awhile now. Originally we were more traditional about things and just assumed we would be buried together in some nice place somewhere. But as we get older and I hope wiser we seem to be changing our way of thinking and both are leaning hard towards cremation. Although neither of us are extremely religious we are very spiritual so to us cremation seems much more in line with that. I also have been reading how they are starting to bury people standing up rather than laying down because they are running out of room. Who wants to clutter up the earth.

So what have you guys decided to do when you die and if you don’t mind tell why or how you reached that decision.

Thanks in advance!!!

Just some food for thought. Especially given the incompetence in the world at large.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/nov/14/waking-morgue-death-janina-kolkiewicz

https://www.lifehacker.com.au/2018/11/how-often-do-dead-people-actually-wake-up/

Despite the above, I'd be 100% ok with cremation. The wife and I don't plan on visiting the graveyard to pine over the dead one.

There's also some places that will take the carbon from the cremation ashes and culture them into manufactured gems. Kind of a cool idea and not much more expensive than traditional funerals. Unless you get like a 1 carat stone or something ridiculous.

My in-laws had a prepaid cremation and my wife and I have the same plan, leaving a head stone for people to come or not come to weep at makes no sense to us.
I watched my Dad go to his parents grave a couple times a month and I just never understood that, therefore I will not even give my son the option to do that...:coffee:

I am perfectly fine with being cremated and could care less on what they do with the ashes . Should probably let them know something that way they don’t feel obligated to keep me somewhere in the house . I don’t see the need in spending money on me once I’m dead . I should probably make out a will and raise my life insurance policy

Stuffed by a taxidermist and propped in the recliner. Sale of house is omitted if my body is removed from my chair in my spot of the house.

whatever is cheapest, I assume cremation.

Our bodies are just machines that our spirit lives in until we die. Its not really us.

So the wife and I have been having this discussion on and off for awhile now. Originally we were more traditional about things and just assumed we would be buried together in some nice place somewhere. But as we get older and I hope wiser we seem to be changing our way of thinking and both are leaning hard towards cremation. Although neither of us are extremely religious we are very spiritual so to us cremation seems much more in line with that. I also have been reading how they are starting to bury people standing up rather than laying down because they are running out of room. Who wants to clutter up the earth.

So what have you guys decided to do when you die and if you don’t mind tell why or how you reached that decision.

Thanks in advance!!!

Cremation. I’m dead. Who cares. Not me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IML Gear Cream!
Cremation but only after I stuff my clothes full of candy and human pinyata off a tall building.

Cremation, here’s a few reasons why.
It is cheaper.
nobody has to feel guilty for not visiting your grave often enough with fresh flowers or whatever
We live for eternity, the body is just a vessel while on earth, I know burials are really important to so many people, I’ve buried family and friends over the years so I get it.

I’ll share a personal note ...
My pops wishes were to be cremated and poured into the ocean. I have no regrets doing that nor does anyone else in my family

My father in law had a big funeral and it was not only expensive $$$ but the greatest cost was my wife’s pain after he was buried.

I’ll explain, my wife, (a daddy’s girl) would go through times when she felt very guilty for not visiting him enough, that sucked to watch her pain over this and she knows he’s in heaven being he is a believer in Christ and therefore totally pointless to visit an empty grave in the first place.

Cremation>burial for me

My mind every time someone mentions scattering ashes:

EwCm14R.gif

Cremation ,roll me up and smoke me lol. Pour the rest in the ocean .

I'd prefer to be cremated. The only thing giving me pause is the religious part of me.

cremated and scattered on the lake i grew up on and love. that's exactly what my mother wanted and got. once u quit breathing, ur spirit/soul goes wherever it goes anyway is my belief. Guess i should sell my plot my granddad bought me- just don't see a reason for my family to go to the expense of a casket, funeral etc. my mother did insist that we have a celebration of her life, which was very cool, but also very expensive- but it was her wish and her money so.....did get to see a lot of people wouldn't have normally seen and heard some great stories about my mom, so i guess it was worth it. she was a great lady- over 300 people came- not sure what happened too me-lol

Get Shredded!
Sky burial is about the only thing I wouldn't consider. That's just too much to ask friends and family to do after you're gone.

Have your DNR papers and donate you body to science it’s free

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks to everyone that took the time to post their experiences and opinions. It’s honestly helped me a great deal in deciding what to do with myself when I die. We are both gonna go the cremation route and she wants to figure out a way to wait until at least some of our ashes can be put together and then do something like having the kids sprinkle us somewhere. Romantic I guess but at the same time, like many of you said, it’s for them to release all the pressure of visiting a stone with our names on it. I don’t want to do that to my children. They don’t need a headstone to remember us.
I guess my biggest fear was picking the wrong one. Sounds stupid since I’m not religious but just in cause we do go somewhere after we die I didn’t want us to get stuck behind because we made a poor decision on what happened to our bodies. Sounds really lame after I say it but for whatever reason that was causing me a ton of grief. Ohwell it’s a done deal now.

THANK You again to all that responded. Means a lot as always!!!

I don't want a funeral or any event to mourn/celebrate my life. I would be ok put in a pine box and thrown in the ocean then set on fire. I've considered donation of my body to science. Probably should go that route.

Thanks to everyone that took the time to post their experiences and opinions. It’s honestly helped me a great deal in deciding what to do. Sounds really lame after I say it but for whatever reason that was causing me a ton of grief. Ohwell it’s a done deal now.

THANK You again to all that responded. Means a lot as always!!!

I don’t think facing your mortality before it’s time is “lame” at all. Quite the contrary, it’s a sign of wisdom to care about yourself enough and your loved ones enough to plan things out before it’s too late.

Fwiw, I think you and the wifeys choice is a good one

Doesn't matter when you're dead you're dead, so might as well make it the easiest financially for the living

I want to be put on a floating funeral pyre and pushed out to sea at sunset

You fag. Lmao. My wife and I are rolling.

Back